As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Cloud computing multiple computers via Bluetooth

I've been wondering for some time if it's possible to do cloud computing via Bluetooth. Is this possible? If so, are there programs set up to place the heirarchy of Head/Nodes and send the various commands to the nodes?

If, if Reagan played disco He'd shoot it to shit You can't disco in Jackboots

• Options
    wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    what do you mean by cloud computing? what are you trying to accomplish?

XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • Options
    KoregKoreg Registered User regular
    I'm hoping to create a distributed computational core so my Matlab programs run faster

• Options
    BlazeFireBlazeFire Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    What about networking them with a wired connection? Your throughput will be much higher then.

How do you plan on doing this on the Matlab side? Are your matlab programs written to take advantage of multiple cores?

BlazeFire on
  • Options
    I have more or less decided that I will have to use a wired connection. The Bluetooth programs that will divide up the job are not super robust.

And yes all of my codes have parallelization built in. Thinking ahead.

• Options
    I'm curious about this. It has been a few years since I was doing parallel work in matlab. Is your thought to use a bunch of desktop computers running matlab to somehow share the work? Is there a managing program that deals with sharing the work?

• Options
    Matlab has a built in program that will automatically split your stuff as needed if you include the write it with the correct syntax. I was hoping to split this over Bluetooth so I could use a grouping of computers that are disparate and didn't have to weave a web of ethernets.

• Options
    So matlab is installed on all the computers and they just "know" about each other?