As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX East 2016 Parties/Events

15678911»

• Options
    JolithJolith Registered User regular
    Sudds how is it on the inside this line is like insane long

• Options
    SkyferSkyfer Registered User new member
    Anything tonight?

• Options
    FunnelKing27FunnelKing27 Registered User regular
    Seems like the westin lobby has the best "party" in all honesty. Its not really a party but gamers hanging out drinking and having a good time.

• Options
    Sudds27Sudds27 Registered User regular
    Royale was blah. Not enough gamers.

• Options
    DaNickaDaNicka Studly Nurd Peoples Republic Of Massachusetts, DunstableRegistered User regular
    I wish I had never attended the acer party. It honestly sucked the food that was given out was tiny portions that was devoured immediately. The venue was small and packed there was nothing todo but just stand around and wander aimlessly. Cosplay contest which took forever and was 99.9% league of legends biased and I honestly don't two give shits about lol.

• Options
    PidermansVestPidermansVest Registered User regular
    DaNicka wrote: »
    Cosplay contest which took forever and was 99.9% league of legends biased and I honestly don't two give shits about lol.

Oh good, not just me thinking this then. My girlfriend attended in cosplay and wasn't even given a number to compete. Probably coz she wasn't from LoL? Haha.
    But yeah, the food was rubbish and CS was the only game to try their hardware out with, which was weird.
    The party description certainly made it sound like there would be more to do.

• Options
    jjc1891jjc1891 Registered User regular
    Sudds27 wrote: »

Had a decent night with friends but I agree with you, it needed more gamers. Also with being late in opening, the "event" lasted about an hour lol. Still, cheers for the hook up mate. Much appriciated! :)

• Options
    SutibunRiSutibunRi Montreal, Quebec, CanadaRegistered User regular
    I got hookued up with a VIP ticket to Acers party.
    We got couches and first crack at the food.. and that's it.
    But I got to talk to so many Tripwire guys.

• Options
    UasalUasal Registered User new member
    also look for tonight, also any game of thrones viewings?

• Options
    abdoooooabdooooo Registered User regular
    Did anyone attend that IGN pre-PAX party at Candibar? My buddy and I showed up and the rsvp line was literally 400+ people long. We stood there for a bit and then decided to go to an Irish pub instead. I'm just curious how fast that line moved and if there was anything fun going on inside.

• Options
    jayh0vajayh0va Registered User regular
    abdooooo wrote: »
    Did anyone attend that IGN pre-PAX party at Candibar? My buddy and I showed up and the rsvp line was literally 400+ people long. We stood there for a bit and then decided to go to an Irish pub instead. I'm just curious how fast that line moved and if there was anything fun going on inside.

Once the doors opened, we got in pretty quickly, but we left within 10 minutes. It was a typical club scene, everyone except the non-drinker had to pay extra for their "free" drink, the swag was meh and the few game stations they had with Battleborn were jammed up by the time we got in. I really wish we stayed at Pre-Pax Board Game Night and I'm guessing you had a more enjoyable time at the pub. I dont mean to be a downer, but it really wasnt our style at all.

npyymaqh3gup.png
  • Options
    abdoooooabdooooo Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    jayh0va wrote: »
    abdooooo wrote: »

Once the doors opened, we got in pretty quickly, but we left within 10 minutes. It was a typical club scene, everyone except the non-drinker had to pay extra for their "free" drink, the swag was meh and the few game stations they had with Battleborn were jammed up by the time we got in. I really wish we stayed at Pre-Pax Board Game Night and I'm guessing you had a more enjoyable time at the pub. I dont mean to be a downer, but it really wasnt our style at all.

Thanks for the response. Yeah, we had a great time watching hockey and eating the world's best clam chowder at M.J. O'Connors. I had a feeling the IGN thing was going to turn out to be a typical night club ordeal. I'm just happy all of you got in there to check it out in a reasonable amount of time. That outside line was insane!

abdooooo on
  • Options
    I'm with you both (and I get the hook up at Royale and Canibar)... My time would be better spent with gamers at a local pub. The club scene is not for us (unless the entire place is rented out). Saturday night was nothing special (unless you love IGN). I would have preferred a bunch of us meeting at Whiskey and just hanging out there. That's just me though, I'm old.

• Options
    pelicanflippelicanflip Registered User regular
    I'm with you both (and I get the hook up at Royale and Canibar)... My time would be better spent with gamers at a local pub. The club scene is not for us (unless the entire place is rented out). Saturday night was nothing special (unless you love IGN). I would have preferred a bunch of us meeting at Whiskey and just hanging out there. That's just me though, I'm old.

Seriously. This year's party list was extremely lackluster. I only went to the Kinda Funny/Hitman party, and stuck around for the drink tickets/raffle. Got a picture with the Kinda Funny crew and chatted with them, but everything else was really boring. Square Enix basically said, "Here's some money, throw a party" and then didn't bother attending. No real community effort, more like just a begrudged promo event.

Afterwards, me and a bunch of people hit up a local bar instead and had a blast. I think this might be the way to go in the following years to come, especially if parties keep going this way.

• Options
    nomisronomisro Brooklyn, NY, USARegistered User regular
    Acers party was alright but drinks were watered down. They had a nice LED cup and a T-shirt. There was plenty of finger food when I was there. The IGN party at Royale was the big letdown. 400+ line and most of them dont even know about the IGN Pax party. By the time we got to the doors, they ran out of free entry and wanted to charge our group $20 per head.

• Options
    InfiniteNuLLInfiniteNuLL Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    The Made in MA party was fun, the free food was pretty decent. The Harmonix party was well worth it for bearstronaut and freezepop alone. Some drunk douche decided to try and start up a mosh pit in the middle of the floor and almost got thrown out but the food wasn't too bad for that neither, just a little limited in options. Part of our group made it to the Westin Gaming night on Thursday after Made in MA and had a hell of a time playing resistance. All in all, our group had one hell of a weekend and we can't wait for next year. Might end up being more of us next year.

InfiniteNuLL on
    FF14 - Failia Zebonaiza, Behemoth Server, FC: 404 Guild Not Found
    PAX East Attendee - 2015, 2016
  • Options
    KaronethKaroneth Elder Scrolling Online Co-Host Lakehurst, NJRegistered User regular
    We were in line for the Acer party, but we got there an hour after start (were at Wargaming party previously) and the line outside was still long to get in. Looking inside, the people were packed in like sardines just standing around from what we could see. We decided to leave before we entered.

• Options
    DarkshowersDarkshowers Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    With the exception of the Twitch party, it seemed like all the other parties over the weekend were pretty lackluster so I didn’t even bother going to them. I will say the best parties I ever went to at PAX East, specifically in 2012, were with a small group of friends to random bars that had a dance floor. Some of these huge loud parties where they cram everyone together real tight and you may have a chance at a free drink, are just not as fun honestly nor worth the cover fee. Bigger is not necessarily better.

Darkshowers on
    Ds3hsEH.png
  • Options
    MythrilRobMythrilRob Registered User regular
    On Saturday night I attended the Funhaus panel and had some time after that to check out the parties. I pulled out my phone and read some of the stuff here and on Twitter and ended up going to Arcade Freeplay and the Chiptune dance party and found my time better spent there. The Westin Gaming night was pretty awesome though, definitely a highlight.

• Options
    PugglesPuggles Registered User regular

You definitely made it a lot less blah...so cool being let in before they opened and meeting the owner. I had to bounce a little early...I may have drank too much haha. Thanks again!

• Options
    No worries! I'm just glad that someone had fun! Next year I say that we all meet up at a local bar and just kick back with some beers.

• Options
    AnarCHrisAnarCHris Trash Lord New York CityRegistered User regular
    Did the Rock Band, which was aight. Drinks were strong, free food was meh but also free, bands were solid, but you could only play RB4 or their VR game until 10:30 for some reason, and the bar was WAY understaffed. Still for $20 it wasn't that bad.

The real action was Friday night at Laughs- open games, cheap/reasonably priced drinks, no entry fee. Shit was rad.

• Options
    rascrushrascrush Registered User regular
    Puggles wrote: »

You definitely made it a lot less blah...so cool being let in before they opened and meeting the owner. I had to bounce a little early...I may have drank too much haha. Thanks again!

May have is the understatement of the year lol

• Options
    rascrushrascrush Registered User regular
    No worries! I'm just glad that someone had fun! Next year I say that we all meet up at a local bar and just kick back with some beers.

depends I still had fun but def the year before was better. Me and my group are out pretty much every night at least having a few drinks so u always welcome to join if u around

• Options
    jjc1891jjc1891 Registered User regular

It was nice as that was the first time a lot of us had met, so we had a pretty good night! Definitely up for a pub hangout next year if there's not something spectacular going on. Stay in touch mate, was nice seeing you :)