As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Forza] Horizon 5 - That Went Well - Retired

• Options
    Kestrel1Kestrel1 falco sparverius Noblesville, INRegistered User regular
    edited January 2017
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    WELP
    Looks like all the DLC cars got leaked! :rotate:
    http://imgur.com/a/ncwPY No VWs, but...
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C1RBQYoXAAABBGw.jpg That's a fair number of Porsches.

Keep in mind that not all of this stuff is final, so not all of it might end up in the game.
    Hrm... not a lot there I'm super excited about. I was really hoping the Pontiac Solstice/Saturn Sky/Opel GT Roadster would make a reappearance. And I'm still hoping against all odds that they resurrect the Mazda Furai from the dead, but that would probably fit better in Motorsport than Horizon anyway.

Kestrel1 on
    Kestrel1.png
    Mixer: Kestrel1 | Twitch: KestrelTV
  • Options
    Red RaevynRed Raevyn because I only take Bubble Baths Registered User regular
    Doing 15 races in a Rally Monster for Forzathon was actually pretty enjoyable. It didn't give me the car it promised (I got the achievement notification but it isn't showing as completed in-game :\ ), but I basically just went up and down the Devil's Descent/Devil's Climb. I love it when race starting points line up like that. I forget the courses' exact names because I quickly dubbed either direction "Fujimi Kaisnow." The RS200 is so beautiful to slide through the turns and there are quite a few you can legit reverse-entry - super fun.

• Options
    ZaylenzZaylenz Registered User regular
    I had the same problem with getting the car from the Rally Monster Forzathon. Got the achievement but nothing in game. It's pretty much the same car as the #199 Subaru you can get from Blizzard Mountain, right? Just with a different number.

• Options
    I think so, different paint job I'm assuming. I googled it and a post on the official forums showed it happened to many others as well (I'm assuming everyone), so I figure they'll probably send it to us later.

• Options
    CommunistCowCommunistCow Abstract Metal ThingyRegistered User regular
    edited January 2017
    Holy shit guys! The prize wheel has informed me that Ebo won the Flintstones's car back in the Mesozoic era.

CommunistCow on
    No, I am not really communist. Yes, it is weird that I use this name.
  • Options
    Bear is DrivingBear is Driving Registered User regular
    https://youtu.be/XFKdSOSrexo?t=1175

I don't think the time link works on the forums so I'll share that my favourite part is 19:35 when James asks: "Could I just ask; are you just taking us to the next location? Because that seems to be the hardest part of the game."

James gets FH3.

• Options
    ebotasticebotastic Going Gonzo In People's HeartsRegistered User regular
    Holy shit guys! The prize wheel has informed me that Ebo won the Flintstones's car back in the Mesozoic era.
    Yabba dabba doo!

Please, call me ebo.
  • Options
    Cool shit happened last night but I was either too far away to see it or my game crashed right after it happened.

Oh well, I did a sweet barrel roll!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2RO3Ci9cY0

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Fellows

I built a new PC for the first time in like 8 years so my Xbox has gathered dust a bit

But I haven't raced with you guys in forever and need to get the expansion and get on

also lately I am feeling the old temptation again

... I want to buy a wheel >_>

• Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    Fellows

I built a new PC for the first time in like 8 years so my Xbox has gathered dust a bit

But I haven't raced with you guys in forever and need to get the expansion and get on

fyi, horizon 3 works on the pc really well and is cross play

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Hardtarget wrote: »
    Fellows

fyi, horizon 3 works on the pc really well and is cross play

And doesn't really gain anything with a wheel.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    Save your wheel fantasies until Forza Motorsports 7.

• Options
    As ebo can attest, it can be wheely hard with the crazy courses in FH3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqWQchGSCoI

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    I wasn't thinking a wheel purely for Horizon 3, more in general as I have been in a car game mood

I own assetto corsa but the physics seem odd to me in brief playing

I am curious how forza 6 is with a wheel though

Hmmm

The dream of wheel glamour ...

• Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I wasn't thinking a wheel purely for Horizon 3, more in general as I have been in a car game mood

I own assetto corsa but the physics seem odd to me in brief playing

I am curious how forza 6 is with a wheel though

Hmmm

The dream of wheel glamour ...

I can't play Forza MS 6 without a wheel after getting my Logitech G920. The game is quite a bit harder, but oh so much more rewarding.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jR4DaFz-EIg

I hope no one minds that I post these all the time. I like to think they help give the impression that we are an active community on FH3.

• Options
    ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    Still not even slightly mad about how things ended last night. XD

• Options
    I hope no one minds that I post these all the time. I like to think they help give the impression that we are an active community on FH3.
    Are we not? :rotate:

Please, call me ebo.
  • Options
    I like the recap videos.
    ---
    I got a "you got beat" Rivals notification and found I'd been beaten by a full 0.8 on a track I knew I'd put some time into (Skyline circuit course in Surfer's Paradise). They used the Blizzard Mountain Subaru, so I figured it was just another case of that car being kind of busted fast. I went in to reclaim my title and got within 0.004 pretty quickly but couldn't seal the deal. By lap 17 I was just making mistakes. Argh!

So I checked the leaderboards to see if it was full of this car and found it wasn't - we were in top 1% but the top block of the board was 4 seconds faster and mostly in the WRX 04 or 05. None of the top guys have a tune up for it, but as I was browsing the top guy's storefront I saw he had an A tune for a different car. It had a stupid amount of horsepower, whereas you can't take the grippy tires off the STI VT15r. Hmmm, I am playing Horizon...

First flying lap in this 830 horsepower hunk of subtlety and I'd beaten him by a few tenths with almost no effort. All hail Horizon's PI.
    q52oOLD.jpg

• Options
    Better to die than be a coward!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRzZxBEsGD4

• Options
    BloodsheedBloodsheed Registered User regular

*grumble* Stupid Drive-In-A-Circle strategy... *grumble*

Xbox Live, Steam, PSN: Eclibull
  • Options
    That ending wasn't ominous in the slightest either. Nope.

• Options
    My original vision was compromised by the inability to include swears.

• Options

I love how, after you got king, you became corporeal as I was inside of you and I didn't get credit for the tag. :rotate:

Please, call me ebo.
  • Options
    I think it was you guys that recommended the Hardcore History podcast. I'm three episodes into his series on WWI and it's been a very interesting listen. Thanks for suggesting it!

• Options
    dPl6niz.jpg

• Options
    Red Raevyn wrote: »
    I think it was you guys that recommended the Hardcore History podcast. I'm three episodes into his series on WWI and it's been a very interesting listen. Thanks for suggesting it!
    If you don't like that set, I would HIGHLY recommend listening to the one on Genghis Khan. The WWI series is depressing as shit and kind of repetitive.

• Options
    MarekMarek Lurker Pro A screen door... factoryRegistered User regular
    *snip*

Is it bad that half the cars in my garage have N7 paint jobs?

XBL: Jason Marek
  • Options
    I swear I briefly considered how to put an N7 vinyl design on my actual car but it's blue and red, not black and red so I'd have to wrap all the blue to make it work and I'm not doing that.

Next car though, maybe.

I do need to come up with something for Mini Invasion this summer though. So many cars had vinyl designs on them at Mini Takes the States and I felt left out. Not again!

• Options
    BloodsheedBloodsheed Registered User regular
    I didn't realize just how close you came to t-boning my Spano in that Wraith during that team race finish. :D

Also, I'm not going to make it tonight, so don't wait on me to start the party/lobby (and, as a reminder, to start said lobby you invite the Party to the game and then start a Private Session from either the Social pause screen or the Blizzard Mountain pause screen, depending on which you're wanting to play). I'll be back for next Tuesday.

Xbox Live, Steam, PSN: Eclibull
  • Options
    Wraith? I think you mean Wrath.

• Options
    Been doing some extra work tonight so didn't make it out, but a coworker posted this today and I realized it would be great to share here.
    Just know whatever you think could be in this spoiler will not be what it is. You cannot possibly imagine what it holds. And it is real. Someone did this.
    "Look on my works ye Mighty, and despair!"
    75RPwUR.jpg

• Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    hnnnnnnnng
    that must be a subaru legenderriere?

acidlacedpenguin on
    GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    @The Escape Goat gave me the heads up that someone made a game just for me!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/338040/

Bears Can't Drift!?

If you knew how long it takes me to 3 star drift zones this is about fifty times funnier (one for each try it usually takes me)

Bear is Driving on
  • Options
    hnnnnnnnng
    that must be a subaru legenderriere?
    Yes. If you look closely you can see it's also the Mk. II version.

Please, call me ebo.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Fair warning for people using some of my Blizzard Mountain Championships (I make one whenever the default is more than 3 races):

tfhckKK.jpg

Yeah, that one is nothing but Vauxhall Astras on ascents. (I didn't crop my second monitor out above because the still from the commercial is too appropriate - total luck!)

NYCNkJM.jpg

But I finish that shit, yo. I don't just leave them as traps.

cxoiIAP.jpg

Fun fact: no one else seems to have any liveries on their Astras. Weird! *snort*

Bear is Driving on
  • Options
    I'm still confused about how cows missed the checkpoint...

https://youtube.com/watch?v=12-1ujMTb0g

• Options
    I'm still confused about how cows missed the checkpoint...

Because he's Cows.

Please, call me ebo.
  • Options
    Marek wrote: »
    Is it bad that half the cars in my garage have N7 paint jobs?

If it is, then it's bad that I spent some time making my own N7 logo and making cars with it the last few days...

c1I7YNF.jpg

PEhyu8D.jpg

They sell pretty well on the market too. (I haven't listed the Wrath yet, that's just for me.)