As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - PATV - You’re Gonna Love It – Another World

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited November 2015 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - PATV - You’re Gonna Love It – Another World

This week Gavin, Dabe, and Jamie prance about in Another World.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    The situation that stopped you is not one you're supposed to be in, and is impassible. Remember that dome with the hanging green glass globes? The first shot you (accidentally) fired on that screen alerted the guard down below (the guy who's killing you over and over now). You're supposed to patiently watch his reflection pacing back and forth under the globes, and then fire (through the slot in the dome) when he's in the middle to drop one on his head.

• Options
    DabeDabe Photographist Portland, ORRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular
    Thanks @Commander Zoom I may have to go back to that for my own sanity

• Options
    AshiverAshiver Registered User regular
    This reminds me so much of playing Flashback when I was a kid on the Sega. Got all the way to the very end and then couldn't figure out where to go to escape the last level after sending down the bomb. Heard the remake of the game was terrible, but it was also a DOS game turns out and I believe it's freeware now.

• Options
    YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Ashiver wrote: »
    This reminds me so much of playing Flashback when I was a kid on the Sega. Got all the way to the very end and then couldn't figure out where to go to escape the last level after sending down the bomb. Heard the remake of the game was terrible, but it was also a DOS game turns out and I believe it's freeware now.

I had the exact same experience with Flashback The Quest For Identity. Just couldn't get off the planet after setting the bomb. It is in the Internet Archive,Flashback The Quest For Identity. I still remember some level passwords. The ones that were Star Wars words. Maenoc, Bantha, Kasyyk. Which tells you I played on Normal on PC.

YoungFrey on
  • Options
    Wind LaneWind Lane Registered User regular
    This is the first episode of PATV I couldn't watch to the finish. That game is so abysmally bad that I just didn't have any desire whatsoever to watch it being played.

• Options
    SirBillSirBill Denver, CORegistered User regular
    It is really, really too bad you didn't get through that part because after all of the guards you get to a large arena with your large friend (who you needed to go back and find after you turned off the power holding him back), where I had one of my favorite moments in all of the games as I have ever played as you take over a heavy attack vehicle in a crowded stadium... It is such a huge payoff after you get through the more frustrating parts.

• Options
    GrassHopperGrassHopper Registered User regular
    I loved this game back in the day. I couldn't beat it either but my neighbor was some sort of ninja and seeing him beat it made this a must-buy when they released the remake on the WiiU.

Still can't beat the damned thing but thanks for reminding me to try and try again <3

#SaveRalph

• Options
    jerodastjerodast Registered User regular
    Wha! How could you leave Ralph to canonical death! This is the kind of "You're Gonna Love It" I like. Not one that's just 30 straight minutes of "ugh this is horrible", but one that is equal parts interesting and frustrating :)

@Sirbill that sounds awesome and I am super sad we didn't quite make it there.