As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Agents of SHIELD] S4E16 - What if... this thread reached 100 pages?

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    regarding May
    was she sent away with the UN inspectors at the end?

I like the new boss. Ghost Rider continues to impress. Noticed that his skull is indeed expressive in this ep, ya see his 'eyes' narrow at one point.

The jaw still weirds me out a bit.
    I keep trying to imagine that skull with skin on it, and it just looks weird.

It ain't a normal human skull. It's a spirit of vengeance!

• Options
    RT800RT800 Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Felt like not a lot happened this episode.
    New director was introduced.

Ghost sub-plot added. "Someone" did "something" to them and they're out for revenge/a cure.

May went crazy.

Mack found out about Yo-yo and Daisy.

I guess it ain't bad for a second episode still building, but I was kinda bored.

Needs more Ghost Rider.

RT800 on
  • Options
    KrieghundKrieghund Registered User regular
    I felt for Mac. Fitz just looked pissed.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    So, Stark has to sign the Sokovia Accords because his suit gives him special powers above and beyond that of a normal human, right? But he doesn't have the option to not be attached to his tech, because he dies if he takes his tech out.
    Similarly, War Machine/Iron Patriot has to sign up for the same reasons, even though Rhodes doesn't require the suit to survive like Stark does.
    Presumably, Black Widow and Hawkeye sign because they have extensive training with their own unusual or esoteric weapons even though they're largely within the realm of normal unenhanced humans otherwise.

Question: Does Mac have to sign up when he's wielding his Shotgun Axe for SHIELD? Just wondering where the line between between super power and cool gun is drawn now.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Stark removed the arc reactor in im3. He's no longer tied to the tech.

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    So, Stark has to sign the Sokovia Accords because his suit gives him special powers above and beyond that of a normal human, right? But he doesn't have the option to not be attached to his tech, because he dies if he takes his tech out.
    Similarly, War Machine/Iron Patriot has to sign up for the same reasons, even though Rhodes doesn't require the suit to survive like Stark does.
    Presumably, Black Widow and Hawkeye sign because they have extensive training with their own unusual or esoteric weapons even though they're largely within the realm of normal unenhanced humans otherwise.

Question: Does Mac have to sign up when he's wielding his Shotgun Axe for SHIELD? Just wondering where the line between between super power and cool gun is drawn now.

Black Widow and Hawkeye only had to sign because they're part of the Avengers. And only if they actually had to sign, Hawkeye doesn't does he? With the state of Civil War I wouldn't be surprised if Widow didn't sign either. Although she's at least sorta enhanced.

• Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular

Stark doesn't need his tech to live anymore (unless you mean psychologically). The Avengers have to sign because they are a package deal, not because of their individual powers. If the Avengers want to operate as an entity, the members need to sign the Accords.

Mac and his shotgun axe are probably de-facto signers anyway once SHIELD goes legit.

• Options
    RT800RT800 Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    I think it's easiest just to think of the accords as being applicable to anyone working for the Avengers and SHIELD. (Officially, anyway.)

RT800 on
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Also very excited by SHIELD
    Coming back into the public. I wonder if that will tie into any of the movies. Next one is Doctor Strange, yeah? I can't imagine he has too many dealings with SHIELD but I also looked up the "Darkhold" the guys were talking about and that's totally a Doctor Strange mystical artifact.

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    I doubt SHIELD will get any mention in the movies until Infinity War at least.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    klemming wrote: »
    I doubt SHIELD will get any mention in the movies until Infinity War at least.

If then.

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Why not? They showed up in Age of Ultron no big deal. If anything, it's weird that they went back underground after that movie. :P

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    Oh, right. Fury's SHIELD yeah. The TV version? Coulson max.

• Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    End of Thor: Ragnarok Thor sits down in a restaurant on Earth and Coulson is on the news talking about SHIELD joining with the UN Sokovia Accords task force.

• Options
    JMan711JMan711 6'8" weighs a f*&#ing ton He's coming, he's coming, he's comingRegistered User regular
    Fun little trivia that no one else picked up on:

When Mac and Fitz are walking to the reactor room, talking about how creepy it is, the hallway is lit like the Nancy boiler room scene in Nightmare on Elm Street. There are even similar musical cues as well.

https://youtu.be/gEF9GiwHTdc?t=157

(Starts at 3:00)

I only found that out because my girlfriend has seen the film about a 1000 times since she was 5 years old.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    RT800 wrote: »
    I think it's easiest just to think of the accords as being applicable to anyone working for the Avengers and SHIELD. (Officially, anyway.)

Yeah, IIRC Tony said that it was either sign the accords, or retire. It sounded like they only needed to sign if they were going to go out and fight?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    GaddezGaddez Registered User regular
    edited September 2016

Ghost sub-plot added. "Someone" did "something" to them and they're out for revenge/a cure.

May went crazy.

I guess it ain't bad for a second episode still building, but I was kinda bored.

Needs more Ghost Rider.

They name dropped the darkhold which is both a bit on the obscure side and also something that is fucking terrifying for the possible implications thereof.
    Like, potentially bigger problem then Thanos bad.
    The darkhold is basically the necronomicon of marvel and was penned by an elder god; whoever gets their hands on it is potentially the most powerful practitioner of magic in existance... although that elder god is still tied to it and thus any use draws his attention.

Gaddez on
  • Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Xeddicus wrote: »
    Oh, right. Fury's SHIELD yeah. The TV version? Coulson max.

I don't know, with SHIELD they'll have to do something - and whatever they do AoS will follow in their footsteps.

• Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Gaddez wrote: »

May went crazy.

Needs more Ghost Rider.

They name dropped the darkhold which is both a bit on the obscure side and also something that is fucking terrifying for the possible implications thereof.
    Like, potentially bigger problem then Thanos bad.
    The darkhold is basically the necronomicon of marvel and was penned by an elder god; whoever gets their hands on it is potentially the most powerful practitioner of magic in existance... although that elder god is still tied to it and thus any use draws his attention.

Fun fact;
    The darkhold is what created werewolves and vampires in the marvelverse.

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    so who exactly is Jeffrey Mace?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    so who exactly is Jeffrey Mace?

They are taking him in a unique direction for SHIELD, it seems.

As mentioned a few posts back;
    He was the Patriot in the comics, but he was an unpowered cap america.

I wouldn't be surprised if they took him in that direction again for the show though, given the movies.

• Options
    lunchbox12682lunchbox12682 MinnesotaRegistered User regular
    Given who his character was in The Closer, I automatically assume he will go full on bad guy within a few episodes.
    That said I had assumed he was (incorrect speculation spoiler)
    an LMD when he took out May.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Mego Thor wrote: »
    Flash has a campier tone than AoS, but I'd say it's just as good.

Flash started strong.

But last season was so bad that by the last episode I actually decided I was done watching it for good.

I'm not even normally hard on shows for doing goofy stuff as long as I'm having fun and entertained but holy shit the amount of times I laughed out loud because of how terribly handled that story was...

Yea... it goes downhill fast after the first season.

• Options
    Given who his character was in The Closer, I automatically assume he will go full on bad guy within a few episodes.
    Like, even after he said, "I prefer the term Inhuman"?

Or just when he fist blocked a few of her attacks without flinching.

• Options
    WhiteZinfandelWhiteZinfandel Your insides Let me show you themRegistered User regular
    S04E04's title is "Let Me Stand Next to Your Fire" :D

• Options
    S04E04's title is "Let Me Stand Next to Your Fire" :D

AKA Mack and Yo-yo get it on!

• Options
    WearingglassesWearingglasses Of the friendly neighborhood variety Registered User regular
  • Options
    "I can do May."
    *flustered*
    "Uh, I can I do that, May."

We've all thought it lady, don't worry about it.

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    I watched the latest episode last night. I'm liking the season so far and hoping they don't drop the ball. Or worse: hope they don't get canceled!

Did anyone else think Mack
    was going to meet the same fate as those ghost people when he got locked in that chamber? Glad it didn't happen.

I was surprised part of the team had a Ghost Rider encounter this early in the season, but AoS has also been known not to drag things out.

I was watching it on Hulu, and a commercial came out for Hayley Atwell's new show came on. Meh. Still kind of sad about Agent Carter's cancellation, even if season 2 was mediocre.

• Options
    The silver lining about the MCU is they could still bring Peggy back for flashbacks, and Atwell seems like she'd be up for it.
    Put some past SHIELD shenanigans in the next Ant-Man, or a flashback episode in AoS. It's wishful thinking, but Coulson name-dropping her having the base built could be used as a set up for something. And they'd even be able to reuse the same sets.

• Options
    Morkath wrote: »
    Like, even after he said, "I prefer the term Inhuman"?

Or just when he fist blocked a few of her attacks without flinching.
    Just the blocking. I'm not THAT slow on the uptake. :)
    With the teaser at the end of last season, my mind jumped to LMD. Obviously, that plot thread is going in a different direction with Fitz and the doctor guy.

• Options
    The silver lining about the MCU is they could still bring Peggy back for flashbacks, and Atwell seems like she'd be up for it.
    Put some past SHIELD shenanigans in the next Ant-Man, or a flashback episode in AoS. It's wishful thinking, but Coulson name-dropping her having the base built could be used as a set up for something. And they'd even be able to reuse the same sets.

Hell, it's Marvel. Timetravel her to current time for some AoS crossover stuff.
    No Cap needed. Besides, he's to busy smushing with her niece.

• Options

Life Model Decoy. She can square off against LMD Grant Ward.

• Options
    NinjeffNinjeff Registered User regular
    Anybody know what the ratings are for the new season so far?

• Options

If they were going to add time-travel, I think it'd be better to send Coulson back in time to meet her. He'd just be squeeing for the whole episode.

• Options

If they were going to add time-travel, I think it'd be better to send Coulson back in time to meet her. He'd just be squeeing for the whole episode.

That would be amazing. And entertaining as hell.
    Send Fitz's snarky butt with him too so he can nerd out over the old spy tech.

• Options
    ReznikReznik Registered User regular
    I'm way behind on this (like... mid-season 3? maybe?). Is there any legitimate streaming service a Canadian can use to catch up? It doesn't seem to be on Netflix Canada at all so I'm probably screwed.

Do... Re.... Mi... Ti... La...
    Do... Re... Mi... So... Fa.... Do... Re.... Do...
    Forget it...
  • Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    Ninjeff wrote: »

For the first episode the live ratings were a 1.1, I believe. All mentions of rating were more focused on Live + 3 though, which was a 2.0 and the highest viewership for AoS since the winter finale last December

• Options
    Ketar wrote: »
    Ninjeff wrote: »

For the first episode the live ratings were a 1.1, I believe. All mentions of rating were more focused on Live + 3 though, which was a 2.0 and the highest viewership for AoS since the winter finale last December

ah very good.
    So, not great, but holding steady then.

This discussion has been closed.