As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - Comic - Scarytown

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited December 2015 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Scarytown

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    Talyn RahlTalyn Rahl Registered User regular
    When given the chance, picking Unkillable Space Wizard is ALWAYS the right choice.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Yeah, I don't like going to Scarytown. I tend to only go as far as Shadow Shadow Bo Badow.

• Options
    rembrandtqeinsteinrembrandtqeinstein Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    Yeah, I don't like going to Scarytown. I tend to only go as far as Shadow Shadow Bo Badow.

I don't know, I heard Double Hell has some nice beaches and it isn't crowded in the off-season.

• Options
    orthancstoneorthancstone TexasRegistered User regular
    Tycho/Jerry keeps selling me on this game. I really need to find some time to actually play it.

PAX South 2018 - Jan 12-14!
    Pins!
  • Options
    YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »

I don't know, I heard Double Hell has some nice beaches and it isn't crowded in the off-season.

You guys are braver than me, I usually don't go further than Darkbad.

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    VIDEO
    GAMES

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    ?

• Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    I would pay a lot of money for a genuine portal with shotguns.

(PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    Tycho/Jerry keeps selling me on this game. I really need to find some time to actually play it.

I highly recommend it. Could very well be the best game I've played all year.

• Options
    EmperorSethEmperorSeth Registered User regular

I was about to say, how does a realistic squad shooty game equal Portals with shotguns? Does the game go the whole CoD route of being futuristic now?

You know what? Nanowrimo's cancelled on account of the world is stupid.
  • Options
    DissentDissent Mr. Fancy Pants Flavour CountryRegistered User regular
    I can't even play Halo anymore without feeling like I'm going to scarytown. I used to be so good and now it's like "These teenagers nowadays...they're too much."

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular

I was about to say, how does a realistic squad shooty game equal Portals with shotguns? Does the game go the whole CoD route of being futuristic now?
    It's the whole "You have to REALLY think about your planning before rushing in and shooting" thing. The destructible terrain gives you a LOT of options in terms of breaching and defending against breaches that you have to consider when defending, especially since the gunplay is so lethal. Like, you can walk into a room and have a 50/50 chance of downing your opponent (altered by ping). OR you can take the intel you learned from driving around in the drone and know that you can breach behind your opponent, who is right where your friend's heartbeat sensor detected him and take him out with a 95% chance if you aim straight.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    I've seen the answer to this problem, and it's The Division.

• Options
    RatherDashing89RatherDashing89 Registered User regular

I'm still holding out hope that Half Life 3 and Portal 3 are the same game. Come for the fusion of gameplay mechanics, stay for the Freeman/Chell banter.

• Options
    bhospbhosp Registered User new member
    rhylith wrote: »
    VIDEO
    GAMES

Please put that hoodie in yer store so I can buy 10 of it please.