As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Practical skills, hobbies, and crafts

124»

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Before is almost always easier, if it won't fuck up the joinery.

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    I made a guitar! Also, I'm trying to get into woodworking, but a knee/ankle injury has made it difficult to stand for any amount of time. Also, my kids are sick.

Here is an album of the making of the guitar!

LINK TO GUITAR!

Xaquin on
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Didgeridoo wrote: »
    Question re: Finishing

Should the pieces of a work be coated before or after assembly? That table on the previous page is partially unattached (the tabletop hasn't been screwed in yet) so I have the option of coating that separately if needed. What do ya think?

I always prefer to finish before assembling. You can lay everything flat and it's a lot easier to coat them evenly or touch up individual pieces.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    KakodaimonosKakodaimonos Code fondler Helping the 1% get richerRegistered User regular
    I like to stain before assembling. If I'm doing a varnish, urethane or paint coat, I'll do that after assembling.

• Options
    Xaquin wrote: »
    I made a guitar! Also, I'm trying to get into woodworking, but a knee/ankle injury has made it difficult to stand for any amount of time. Also, my kids are sick.

RIGHT HERE!

I can't see that album but making a guitar is friggin' awesome.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »

RIGHT HERE!

I can't see that album but making a guitar is friggin' awesome.

hmmmm it claims to be set to 'public'

ok, lets try this

LINK TO GUITAR!

• Options
    Hey, that did it. Awesome job dude, that looks sweet.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Guys. I roasted Colin.

55871D56-8276-43E1-B401-4FF3B6EBB3FE_zpsbdtbbmqi.jpg

He was delicious. Everyone needs to roast a pig's head. I am struggling against a meat coma.

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    What's the very end of the snout like?

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    We didn't get to eat it.

I didn't know how much meat there was in the head so I just invited my sister over to eat it with me a Viv.

We ate the ears, the top back behind the skull and two thirds of a cheek. We are all now stupidly full.

I've broken down the rest of our for food tomorrow and for freezing. There was some meat in the nose that we saved but since we can't really freeze the crackling we had to throw the outer skin away of the nose.

If it was like any other part of the head it would have been insanely delicious.

• Options
    nukanuka What are circles? Registered User regular
    I got into coloring.

I got an adult coloring book from work for 5 bucks and a 96 pack of crayons.

DS: 2667 5365 3193 | 2DS: 2852-8590-3716
  • Options
    nuka wrote: »
    I got into coloring.

I got an adult coloring book from work for 5 bucks and a 96 pack of crayons.

Wouldn't an adult coloring book be primarily flesh tones?
    :winky:

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    Number one rule for electtonic peripherals modding: A. Always B. Be C. Crimping.

Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Paladin wrote: »
    Number one rule for electtonic peripherals modding: A. Always B. Be C. Crimping.

Solder and shrinkwrap, baby!

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    I saw an ad on Facebook the other day for some kind of liquid plastic that you harden with UV that, I guess, is meant for use with electronics?

I dunno. It looked neat! I have no experience with that stuff though.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    I didn't do this, I'm not smart or creative enough:

nx0N6Xx.jpg

Melty crayon art! Except not!