As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Star Wars] Non-spoiler thread

AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whateverRegistered User regular
edited December 2015 in Debate and/or Discourse
NO SPOILERS OR I WILL FEED YOU TO THE SARLACC

I AM NOT FUCKING AROUND

JUST ASK THAT BOBA FETT GUY

HE SPOILED THE ENDING OF M*A*S*H FOR ME

databank_sarlacc_01_169_c5356bf9.jpeg

Atomika on

• Options
    mollehmolleh Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    Haha, John Boyega at the Star Wars premiere wearing a black glove on ONE of his hands...

edit: And now Carrie Fisher cursing live... lmao

molleh on
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Evar Orbus and His Galactic Jizz-Wailers were a jizz band founded by Evar Orbus, featuring Max Rebo, Sy Snootles, Droopy McCool, and Orbus himself. Their hits included "(That Joyous Night) I Ate My Mate".

When playing at Uncle Chesko's on the moon Nar Shaddaa, the band was surprised to find their set interrupted by the song stylings of the Yuzzum J'ywz'gnk Kchhllbrxcstk Et'nrmdndlcvtbrx. Impressed, Orbus invited him to join the band, giving him the stage name Joh Yowza.
    When Orbus was killed in a firefight with Figrin D'an and the Modal Nodes, the remaining members reformed the group into the Max Rebo Band. The Max Rebo Band later played one of the Wailers' hits, "Jedi Rocks".

• Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    Is anyone seeing the movie before 12/17?

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    Emissary42Emissary42 Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    Idx86 wrote: »

If anyone here was camping out outside the theater, yeah:
    LucasFilm Just Invited Everyone Camping Outside Mann’s Chinese Theater Into The Star Wars: The Force Awakens Premiere – And The After Party!

edit: so in terms of Spoiler potential in about two hours:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_ZfZjIkA2c

Emissary42 on
  • Options
    SarcasmoBlasterSarcasmoBlaster Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    I don't have tickets until Saturday afternoon. Gonna be sooooooooo tough to avoid spoilers Friday.

• Options
    KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    I don't have tickets until Saturday afternoon. Gonna be sooooooooo tough to avoid spoilers Friday.

Same.

I'm considering pulling the plug on my router on Friday.

• Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    Boy and I are seeing it with friends on Sunday. It shall be a late birthday celebration for me. Excite!

• Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular

We get it the 16th in Sweden for some reason.

• Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Frozenzen wrote: »

We get it the 16th in Sweden for some reason.

Sweden proving its superiority once again.

• Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    Leaving this here for handy usage, should any of you need it.

d2c1r1phvcq4.jpg

• Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    Joseph Gordon-Levitt at tonight's The Force Awakens premier in LA
    422x750

Love that man

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    I saw a neat lil technical exploded view thing of Kylo Ren's lightsaber thingy today, which had some spoilery deets confirming nerd theories...
    The crossguard is indeed exhaust vents. Cause Kylo ain't know how to build a lightsaber.

The blade is jank cause the crystal powering it is cracked. It's not meant to look like that.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    ApostateApostate Prince SpaceRegistered User regular
    edited December 2015
    You know this movie better be good or this is going to generate the mother of all backlashes. The hype level, and people's apparent willingness to be sucked into it, could cause a full on fanageddon if this movie sucks.

I don't think I've seen anything that could compare to this.

Apostate on
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    I just finished watching episode I for the first time in a long time.

It is nowhere near as bad a movie as the Internet makes it out to be.

It is just horribly inconsistent, courtesy of the childish injection of Jar Jar into 60% of the film.

I actually enjoyed it for the most part.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Oh, and the reason I watched it is because I am bringing the girlfriend through Star Wars - we watched 4 and 5, and are now watching 1-3 before watching 6 and then catching 7 in theaters.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    MancingtomMancingtom Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    Oh, and the reason I watched it is because I am bringing the girlfriend through Star Wars - we watched 4 and 5, and are now watching 1-3 before watching 6 and then catching 7 in theaters.

That's a really interesting order. Can I ask why you picked it?

• Options
    edited December 2015
    Mancingtom wrote: »

4 and 5 are the best points of entry into the story.

Then after the "No, I am your father" moment, it's a GREAT time to jump back to the beginning via a 6 hour flashback, before coming to the end of the story in episode 6.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular

Then after the "No, I am your father" moment, it's a GREAT time to jump back to the beginning via a 6 hour flashback, before coming to the end of the story in episode 6.

It's a viewing order I've seen pretty popularlized in recent years whenever the topic comes up of "how should I get my _____ into the star wars movies" for that exact reason.

Although personally if I was trying to get someone into it, I'd go 4-5-The Phantom Edit-6.

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    Raiden333 wrote: »

It's a viewing order I've seen pretty popularlized in recent years whenever the topic comes up of "how should I get my _____ into the star wars movies" for that exact reason.

Although personally if I was trying to get someone into it, I'd go 4-5-The Phantom Edit-6.

True facts I like revenge of the sith more than return of the Jedi.

Empire is still the best out of all of them though.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    I just finished watching episode I for the first time in a long time.

It is nowhere near as bad a movie as the Internet makes it out to be.

It is just horribly inconsistent, courtesy of the childish injection of Jar Jar into 60% of the film.

I actually enjoyed it for the most part.

In some ways I prefer it to the other two prequels. Less hampered by every scene being filmed in a big green box. No gotta commit mass murder to get Anakin's dark side points up like it's a videogame.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    So the premiere is probably over by now, or just about over. A whole bunch of people just seen the movie. I expect spoilers all over the net in short order.

I wonder when reviews will start to roll in?

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    So the premiere is probably over by now, or just about over. A whole bunch of people just seen the movie. I expect spoilers all over the net in short order.

I wonder when reviews will start to roll in?

It should be within the next couple of hours for some Youtube thoughts I would think. I'm sticking to Collider, I really like their structured discussions and they've *promised* to have a totally spoiler-free review up some time "tonight" (i.e. this morning.) www.youtube.com/user/ColliderVideos

edit: Aside from them and here, I'm pretty much avoiding anything else, especially any/all Youtube comments on any video ever, and reddit.

molleh on
  • Options
    TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    Torn between wanting to seek out non-spoilery reviews and the inevitable spoilers waiting...

PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    Torn between wanting to seek out non-spoilery reviews and the inevitable spoilers waiting...

I'm happy enough with avoiding reviews and going in blind. No matter how shit they say it is I'll probably see it anyway.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    In 29 hours for me.

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    Luckily I'll be going to the first showing in my area so I'll be able to avoid any assholes coming out of the theater loudly talking about spoilers with their friends.

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    Luckily I'll be going to the first showing in my area so thankfully I'll be able to avoid any assholes coming out of the theater loudly talking about spoilers with their friends.

You know, I hadn't even thought of that... I guess I'll be walking past everyone leaving going LA LA LA LA I CAN'T HEEEEAR YOUUUUU!

• Options
    KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    Man, I can't even, like, play MMOs or MOBAs for a week now.

• Options
    TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    Yeah, I was just trying to figure out if I could mute HotS chat...

PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • Options
    KneelKneel Ten thick coats Registered User regular
    This will be the longest 52 hours of my life.

Want to see more of Kneel's slapdash slatherings?
    Visit him at Monstrous Pigments' Instagram and Facebook pages!
    3EnCIQg.jpg
  • Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Khavall wrote: »
    Man, I can't even, like, play MMOs or MOBAs for a week now.
    I briefly thought of resubbing to SWTOR but thats probably the first place where they would strike.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Hmm, I have a Terraria world that still needs Moon Lord and Fishron beaten, but lots of farms setup could tweak everyone up fairly quick probably. We could even help quell the addiction by building something Star Wars-y!

( Recording a draft tonight but could load it after that)

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
  • Options
    KneelKneel Ten thick coats Registered User regular
    Mark's looking awesome these days.

Want to see more of Kneel's slapdash slatherings?
    Visit him at Monstrous Pigments' Instagram and Facebook pages!
    3EnCIQg.jpg
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    And here's Mark being awesome a few (well, more than a few) years ago (NSFW, language & drug use):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtL6HZ81ymE

Jazz on
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited December 2015

No no no, "I am your father" is when you save time by watching the Auralnauts versions of Episodes 1-3. You only spend 70 minutes watching fun things instead of 6 hours of mediocrity.
    https://youtu.be/WSCm8yAxBr8
    https://youtu.be/gI8aSJBC9u0
    https://youtu.be/itkl7cHcX_E

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    "THANK YOU MAGIC TRASHCAN"

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    ClannMorganClannMorgan Registered User regular
    I'll be seeing it Friday night! I've avoided most of the trailers, and any potential posts on theories, spoilers, etc. I just want to go in and have my mind BLOWN! Come on Mr. Abram's you did it with Star Trek, now just make it happen with The Force Awakens.

This discussion has been closed.