As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Post-[Steam]-Sale Recovery Thread

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    It looks like someone has been spending a lot of time trying to turn Colonial Marines into a decent game.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/templargfxs-acm-overhaul

After watching some videos of this mod it actually looks halfway appealing now.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    guys depth is really fun

• Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited April 2016
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    guys depth is really fun

Every time I see it I think it looks really fun

But then I'm like "the moment I buy this the whole community will disappear"

I've been burned before, multiplayer shooter games that aren't made by a big studio are a real risky proposition to me

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    you thrash by grabbing a diver then thrashing your mouse around

• Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    you thrash by grabbing a diver then thrashing your mouse around

But everyone's sooo good and I'm sooo bad and I can't get octokills on divers like the easy AI they had going on in the PAXAus booth

But seriously though, I need to get a controller to play.
    Dual thumbsticks is the only way to swim.

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Olivaw wrote: »
    guys depth is really fun

Every time I see it I think it looks really fun

But then I'm like "the moment I buy this the whole community will disappear"

I've been burned before, multiplayer shooter games that aren't made by a big studio are a real risky proposition to me

I bought it a year ago, and there's still a pretty decent number of people playing

Can take a few minutes to matchmake, but it ain't dead.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    I completed Bioshock Infinite last night

That ending got......weird
    So the major point of separation for the multiverse is if Booker accepts or refuses the baptism? And the only way to stop Comstock from ever existing is to die there?

Does that erase every alternative universe where Comstock exists and Booker gives away Anna/Elizabeth?

I'm playing burial at sea now, and only at the beginning. Rapture before the shit hits the fan is nice

• Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    Bioshock infinite
    It's a fun ending,but it does not make any sense. That or the rules that would MAKE that make sense were never explained. Either way, the whole "the same story is happening all the time everywhere" deflates the ending's impact anyway as soon as you think about it.

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Karl wrote: »
    I completed Bioshock Infinite last night

That ending got......weird
    So the major point of separation for the multiverse is if Booker accepts or refuses the baptism? And the only way to stop Comstock from ever existing is to die there?

Does that erase every alternative universe where Comstock exists and Booker gives away Anna/Elizabeth?

I'm playing burial at sea now, and only at the beginning. Rapture before the shit hits the fan is nice

Burial At Sea is a lot better than Infinite. The parts of it that are set in the main game drive home how much more boring Columbia was

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I fell off Infinite really early on because of the terrible shooting

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    I fell off Infinite really early on because of the terrible shooting
    See, that's when I switched to playing a ME-style Vanguard. So much more fun.

Good lord the grinding in for Lv. 1 in Badass Ranks for TPS is pretty bad. Using the Grinder is also bad.

sig.gif
  • Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    I actually liked the shooting in Bioshock Infinite.

I didn't use the vigors much though. They tended to be a "shit hit the fan" resolution tool

And thinking about the Bioshock infinite ending:
    I got the impression that I'm not the first alternative reality Booker thrown into the meat grinder to stop Comstock from turning Elizabeth into multiverse mega hitler.

And the death/baptism was required because even though Comstock died in my reality, there are a million others who will succeed. That's what Elizabeth realised when the siphon was destroyed. She saw that stopping Comstock in this universe doesn't mean shit.

I also get the impression that my Booker was the first one to actually make it this far.

Of course none of this was clear from the ending, I had to google it and read some people's analysis's of it.

Which I would say is a flaw. Now I have a better grasp of the ending, I really like it. But I can't support any ending that I have to post game google to get a full explanation.

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I liked the gameplay in Infinite bunches and bunches

The skyhook was so rad

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    I didn't mind Infinite or its story.

The plasmid combinations were fun to mix around.

• Options
  • Options
    Any word on the PC version of Quantum Break yet?

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Any word on the PC version of Quantum Break yet?

http://www.pcgamer.com/quantum-break-port-impressions/

• Options
    Sooooo, stick with Xbox, then

That's a shame

The PC version of Killer Instinct is great, though!

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Sooooo, stick with Xbox, then

That's a shame

The PC version of Killer Instinct is great, though!

Yeah it is.

Too bad I'm terrible at fighting games or I would pay for one of the bundles.

• Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular

I haven't kept up with Fallout 4 at all since about a month after it came out but even I know one of the features they showed off there is already a mod.

But I guess nearly everyone who cares about FO4 enough to be buying DLC and downloading mods already has the season pass.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited April 2016
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-WRqGTQBzk

Wish there was more to this trailer, but just glad to see it exists.

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    I don't think I minded the gunplay in Infinite, though I would describe a lot of it as "just okay". I more had a problem with enemies - basically every special dude seemed a lot more bullet spongey than I'd like and never stayed interesting for the entire encounter.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    For me Fallout 4 didn't really need any more systems or more focus on the building side of things.

• Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    Anyone want This War of Mine? I got an extra copy in the Humble Monthly.

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »

M- manos?

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    edited April 2016
    I should finish the fallout 4 story sometime, I was playing like 3 hours a night and then just kinda...stopped

Maybe I'll restart as a character who actually cares about getting his kid back

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Hand of Fate was good until the very end, then it started serving up some hot bullshit for curses.

• Options
    Crippl3 wrote: »

M- manos?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A97wtLj2ot0

• Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    JoeUser wrote: »
    Anyone want This War of Mine? I got an extra copy in the Humble Monthly.

I wouldn't say no to it but I already have a pretty sizable backlog so I feel bad taking a copy of a game I won't be playing any time soon, if at all.

Send it my way if you can't find someone who wants it within a few days maybe?

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    I'll take it.

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    I should finish the fallout 4 story sometime, I was playing like 3 hours a night and then just kinda...stopped

Maybe I'll restart as a character who actually cares about getting his kid back

This is me and basically every fallout/elder scrolls/GTA game

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    i need t know if he sunk 1300 dollars into f2p games or if he was just living the dream of the steam impulse buyer

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    i need t know if he sunk 1300 dollars into f2p games or if he was just living the dream of the steam impulse buyer

I told Hullis that my guess is Train Simulator

GCZvmzw.png

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    what in the ever living fuck

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    they're priced after real model trains I think, which apparently is something people will buy at that price even if it's not a real model you can hold in your hands

e: no scratch that real model trains are hundreds of dollars, so by comparison these are very cheap

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Trains are esports

• Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    I don't think I minded the gunplay in Infinite, though I would describe a lot of it as "just okay". I more had a problem with enemies - basically every special dude seemed a lot more bullet spongey than I'd like and never stayed interesting for the entire encounter.
    BioShock Infinite, to me, is basically a book where the first thirty pages are pretty good, and the last fifty pages are pretty good, and the middle three hundred pages are literally the sentence "And then a hundred cops flowed into the room from every orifice and Booker shot themt all" printed over and over and over again.

It doesn't really matter to me if the gunplay is average or a bit better than average or a bit worse than average. I just don't CARE. I don't want to walk into another room and then shoot another throng of cops. I have no interest in playing out that scenario again! And yet it is the only thing that ever happens.

The worst part is those rare moments where you walk into some real-ass environment with actual people walking around and talking to each other and living their lives, and you think things are finally looking up, and then you blink and everyone is instantly gone and the area is instantly flooded with more cops than the area could even hypothetically have hidden.

I just wish I lived in the alternate timeline where BioShock Infinite was a game where Booker goes to the Colombia, meets Elizabeth, they explore the city together for like four hours, and ONLY THEN do you arrive at a scenario where where Booker abruptly has to violently murder somebody. And the player and Elizabeth are both seeing it for the first time, and it brings out this huge tonal shift, and then you explore how Booker and Elizabeth's relationship changes as a result for a little while and then it's the endgame stretch. You could have told this whole story with three, maybe four people dying, and the whole thing would have been much more powerful for it, and it feels like the only reason we got stuck with the game that was actually made was because Ken Lavine couldn't think of anything for the player to do for seven hours other than shoot ten thousand faceless nobodies in a bunch of lifeless arenas. (Some of the interviews with him are deeply disappointing. I think there was one at some point where he all but said, "Of course you spend the whole time shooting people. It's a video game. What else can you do in video games besides shoot people?")

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular

Reading this, he claims his son was making the purchases with a credit card associated with his campaign funds.
    and he's trying to get steam to reverse/refund them.
    Sounds dumb enough to be true, though equally plausible that he's just blaming his kid.

VayBJ4e.png
This discussion has been closed.