As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Warframe] lets you murder things as a space ninja

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Dac wrote: »
    Okay so the Dev workshop says that they're going to soon look at abilities that just allow you to instawin. Fine, great.

Just please fucking fix the scaling too.

As long as "instawin" is still not classified as "cloak through an entire mission", "chain blind through an entire mission" or "chain stun through an entire mission" ... I think I'll be okay.

Naturally, MP will not be impacted at all by this. :P

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Right now my current I Win buttons of choice are just the ones that give me immortality like Defy Rage and Hysteria

• Options
    BlainBlain Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Greedy Pull for Mag and Pilfering Swarm for Hydroid are popular farming augs.
    Greedy Pull was much nicer when it pulled items together for everyone, not just the caster.

I tend to play every frame like it's a caster frame.

This is one of the many reasons I am terrible at Warframe.
    Ha. I tend to do the opposite and treat abilities like a fallback for when the dakka runs out. Super terrible bros! :bro:

I am burned out at the moment, so I mostly log in to keep the rewards coming then go play Doom. Doom's "glory kills" did get me thinking that they could have an augment for Ivara's prowl that makes it so she loses her pickpocket at range but gets it on melee kills instead. (Call it Cutpurse?) The default pickpocket is slow enough that I only bother to use it on heavy enemies that might have good loot or when I'm low on energy and hoping for some blue jello. And I'm always bored waiting for it to go off.

• Options
    CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    I just spam Frost ult with Corrosive Projection for the 100% armor debuff, and crit them to death with Vaykor Hek.

Carnarvon on
  • Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    Irradiating Disarm adds more CC to the best* CC in the game.

*being on heavy gunners and the like

• Options
    So... I only need one more piece for the snipetron vandal, the stock. how much does it usually sell for? I get the feeling I'm going to see nothing but exilus adapters this weekend.

also got all the parts for atlas today and begun building them

• Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    Yeah greedy pull sucks now unless you're maxed out zenurik pumping energy into people or really just don't want to wander around yourself.

• Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Forar wrote: »
    While we're on the topic of altering frames, what are some frame augments people consider game changers? I know Vampire is often in demand for Trinity, but glancing over those I'm more looking at mods for my more commonly played frames.

On Rhino I have Iron Shrapnel, but that is more of a 'quality of life' mod that I don't use at the moment, because I never found the damage overwhelming (though the stagger is nice), but the ability to shed my iron skin and reset it at will is pretty great. I've seen a build with Ironclad Charge that apparently becomes all but unkillable that sounds hilarious. Can't say Piercing Roar really has my attention, I prefer it as more of a 'fire and forget' buff than worrying about timing it both to keep it active and get use of an offensive effect.

Frost I'm thinking of snagging Chilling Globe, perhaps Chaos Sphere for Nyx (I mostly use it as an aoe stun for sorties), and Pilfering Swarm for Hydroid (for obvious reasons; not a commonly played frame, but if I'm going to farm for materials now and then, and don't have Nekros, I might as well enhance my odds of getting stuff).

Not just seeking feedback on those, more asking around what people find to be incredibly valuable, at least based on their playstyle. And conversely, I suppose, any that turned out to be traps?

On an unrelated note, I'd like to say that whoever keeps setting up the auto-playing full background movie ads on the Warframe Wiki is garnering my ire. Apparently they aren't getting caught by ad block and they have a tendency to cause Chrome or the Steam browser to crap themselves even on my high end rig. Not to mention how annoying having background video playing can be, plus having sound suddenly appear like it's a delayed ad from the early days of the internet. I get that these things need to support themselves, but they're using possibly the most obnoxious advertisement system I've seen get past adblock in ages. Like, I try to whitepage a few here and there for services/sites I really appreciate, but this one is making me want to find a way to digitally set fire to the ads and piss on the ashes.

Atlas: Tectonic Fracture lets you place three walls, so on defensive missions you can box the operative in to stop him running around. Ore Gaze automatically scanning into the codex is a neat perk.

Banshee: Resonance makes it so that whenever one of the weak spots created by Sonar is shot, it creates another weak spot on a nearby enemy. These last a long time and make Sonar extremely efficient, particularly in high level missions.

Ember: Firequake knocks down any enemy hit by World on Fire. This works on enemies regardless of level, which makes running missions a breeze and gives you a free shot at the tougher ones while they're on the ground.

Loki: Irradiating Disarm as some other people have mentioned is one of the best forms of crowd control in the game. Hushed Invisibility makes all your weapons silenced, which is hand for spy missions when you're planning on being stealthed most of the time anyway.

Mirage: Hall of Malevolence is great for boosting damage on the off chance you're not using Simulor to one shot everything anyway. Total Eclipse turns her into one of the strongest buffers in the game (provided they're using guns or physical abilities like Radial Javelin.

Nekros: Soul Survivor lets you hit people with Nekros' first ability to instantly revive them. Handy for high level missions where enemies like infested mob people's corpses after they go down. Despoil is just about mandatory for farming with Nekros, allowing you to drain your health pool instead of paying energy then immediately restore it with all the health orbs that drop.

Nyx: Mind Freak is pretty much required if you're looking to put in some work with mind controlling enemies.

Oberon: Smite Infusion allows you to buff allied weapons with Radiation damage, which is always solid. Phoenix Renewal is a new mod that solidifies Oberon's support status by automatically reviving allies when they take lethal damage, every ninety seconds.

Saryn: Regenrative Molt is a useful all round mod for Saryn, it restores a decent chunk of health for how short the cooldown is. Contagion Cloud is the key mod to playing melee Saryn.

Vauban: Repelling Bastille is pretty much mandatory for Vauban, making Bastille repel enemies once it hits it's capacity, where normally they would simply run through.

Zephyr: Jet Stream boosts speed for your team and also turns a lot of weapons into hit scan weapons. Plus Turbulence makes Zephyr super tanky.

Kelor on
  • Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    Shocking Speed for Volt creates a small aura around Volt/Allies affected for as long as speed persists. Any enemies/objects entering said aura get zapped for a reasonable amount of electric damage, whit 100% status chance to boot. It's not an insignificant amount of damage either, and it gets reapplied every time an enemy enters the aura. It's entirely possible as a result to murder just about anything by constantly running past them.

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Options
    NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    *Checks his companion app for completed Extractors*
    *Reclaims and assigns new Extractor jobs*
    *Idly checks the Alerts, knowing full well he can't do anything about them*
    *Sees an Alert for Steel Charge, while at work and in no position to do anything about it*

Oh Come On! I am filled with a mixture of rage and sadness.

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    I might have a spare steel charge if you're on PC. Also Corrosive Projection.

• Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2016
    I might have a spare Steel Charge if SkutSkut doesn't.

Occasionally make a point of hitting alerts for valued auras I already have for just such an occasion.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    Nips wrote: »
    *Checks his companion app for completed Extractors*
    *Reclaims and assigns new Extractor jobs*
    *Idly checks the Alerts, knowing full well he can't do anything about them*
    *Sees an Alert for Steel Charge, while at work and in no position to do anything about it*

Oh Come On! I am filled with a mixture of rage and sadness.

I just ran it for you. Add me in game or on Steam under this same name and I'll hook you up tomorrow.

• Options
    You guys are all awesome! I'm on PC, Warframe handle is CapnNips. I can be on tomorrow afternoon/evening CST.

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    EntriechEntriech ? ? ? ? ? Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Speaking of playing Warframe on PC, I'm still sticking with it 10 days later. Handle is Entriech, wouldn't mind an invite to the clan.
    I'm still getting the hang of the game, but playing space ninja is pretty fun. I'm excited to hear there's a companion app that lets you deal with your extractors. I'm just building my first one right now.

• Options
    Entriech wrote: »
    Speaking of playing Warframe on PC, I'm still sticking with it 10 days later. Handle is Entriech, wouldn't mind an invite to the clan.
    I'm still getting the hang of the game, but playing space ninja is pretty fun. I'm excited to hear there's a companion app that lets you deal with your extractors. I'm just building my first one right now.

I think I play the Extractor Companion App 'game' almost as much as the game itself. Seriously, more games need good tie-in apps like this.

• Options
    New Event

High-Reward Alerts, 50% off Sale, Double Affinity all weekend on all platforms!

Get ready Tenno, Proxy Retribution is here from now until May 31 at 2 p.m. ET.

This Bonus Weekend includes a Tactical Alert, 50% off Darvo Deals, and Double Affinity all weekend!

TACTICAL ALERT:

The Corpus Proxy Army is back and it's stronger and faster than ever before. Show no mercy Tenno, intercept and destroy them.

Day 1 Friday, May 27

Planet: Tessera, Venus

Mission Type: Interception

Reward: Orokin Catalyst + 10,000 Credits

Day 2 Saturday, May 28

Planet: Martialis, Mars

Mission Type: Mobile Defense

Reward: Orokin Reactor + 10,000 Credits

Day 3 Sunday, May 29

Planet: Palus, Pluto

Mission Type: 30 minute Survival

Reward: Twin Wraith Vipers with weapon slot for it + 50,000 Credits

Day 4 Monday, May 30

Planet: Io, Jupiter

Mission Type: 20 Wave Defense

Reward: 25 Rare Fusion Cores + 10,000 Credits

DOUBLE AFFINITY:

This weekend, team up and reap the rewards of double Affinity! You’ll earn twice the Affinity during any Warframe mission you play from now until May 31 at 2 p.m. ET.

DARVO DEALS:

Save 50% on the following items from now until May 31 at 2 p.m. ET.

Primary: Rubico

Secondary: Talons

Melee: Lacera

Syandana: Salix Syandana

Prepare yourselves Tenno, Proxy Retribution Bonus Weekend is upon you.

• Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    Damn I was planning on finishing dark souls 3 this weekend. Oh well. I wish I had Ember already completed but sadly I have no new frames. Still though I am going to grind out some weapons.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    Many Formas will be sacrificed this weekend.

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Also, update 18.13 is live which includes the Mag and Volt reworks, passives for all the frames and didn't have them previously, and several changes to powers like hysteria, bless, and exalted blade (which all look great, btw)

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    MrGrimoireMrGrimoire Pixflare Registered User regular
    Decided to dabble a bit at this again. The new movement system is pretty neat.

I'm still using Ash all the time, every time and it seems stealth is still really good. Other than that, I've no idea what I'm doing and I'm too lazy to look anything up. Will figure out how to farm up Mesa at some point, I guess.

• Options
    I'm reading that bit about Hysteria, and I'm smelling nothing but nerf. :(

• Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    I finished the first mission. Well I say finished but really carried is the better term. Either way I racked up a ton of resources, credits, and affinity. I started building the bolto, Boltor, and Gallantine. I also picked up the Vaubun chassis from an alert. Good night overall.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    Hysteria costing more energy the longer it's up is... actually a rather reasonable nerf.

If it cost more energy the more damage you took? Then it'd be kind of bad.

What's the cap?

• Options
    Also, meh
    • Prism’s Blind effect is now affected by the enemy's Line-of-Sight (LoS) to the Prism. Prism’s damage has been buffed slightly to compensate for this change. We found that Prism was able to lock down maps with little recourse, and we feel that these changes will make it a more targeted ability while also increasing its tactical usage.

Probably like a 10 damage increase, right?

Source

• Options
    edited May 2016
    Hoboy even with 4x Affinity Archwing was a grind. My Archwing itself isn't even maxed out. It's mostly the lack of anything going on and no mods not even the exp.

edit- 971 Oxium from the Potato alert, nice.

SkutSkut on
  • Options
    RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    I continue to not have any luck getting life strike.

I know it's a Dark Sector reward. Can it come from any of them? The mod rotation(s) for something like Hieracon?

Do I have to dance a jig as trinity while balancing atlas on my nose and juggling ripkas?

• Options
    Ranlin wrote: »

I know it's a Dark Sector reward. Can it come from any of them? The mod rotation(s) for something like Hieracon?

Do I have to dance a jig as trinity while balancing atlas on my nose and juggling ripkas?

I'm pretty sure I have some extras if you want it on the PC. I should get home from work in about an hour

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    That would be wonderful. I'm most likely going to continue to be on for some time tonight, so I should be there when you do.

• Options
    Okay, I'll look for you in alliance chat. What's your in-game name, same as on here?

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    It's Jerence in game

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Ranlin wrote: »

I'm pretty sure it's a C cycle drop from survivals and excavations.

• Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    SkutSkut wrote: »
    Hoboy even with 4x Affinity Archwing was a grind. My Archwing itself isn't even maxed out. It's mostly the lack of anything going on and no mods not even the exp.

edit- 971 Oxium from the Potato alert, nice.

Managed 1065, somehow 2 Mods I didn't have yet, and brought Mirage from 12 to 27.

Also, Hyena NG please go away and stop oneshotting my underleveled Frame kthx

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    So it seems like Mag is pretty bad

But I saw a video of some real hilarious dumb interaction between her abilities and Lanka, and I'm proooobably gonna try that shit out

Also any idea how the Excalibur nerf plays out in practice? I don't need my sword beams to hit a mile away, but they talk about how they want Excalibur to get up on dudes to kill them and man the high levels damage doesn't support that sort of shit

Also I'd rather they get rid of the blind entirely on the slide attack because I use it accidentally so often that I'm going to bottom out my energy like that

EDIT: Also now that Mag no longer scales with enemies, it makes me wonder again what their ultimate philosophy is for high level gameplay

Maddoc on
  • Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    I'm trying to hold off judgement at the moment, simply because we have patch notes that aren't giving us numbers. Like, does Volt's ultimate scale with enemy hp? I have NO IDEA! The time i caught a Maniac in it and it started firing out 900 damage arcs every second to anything in range (When normally it fires out 60-100ish damage arcs) indicates something's up... but without hard numbers in the patch notes, it's really hard to say.

Certainly, i've seen my friends Mag do horrible, horrible things to anything with the new Magnetize - it seems like it's a pretty fearsome nuke skill now. But again, no reliable numbers!

All of that said.. Yeah, Warframes devs really need to pick up their communication game, especially around things like high level content as you say.

Right no, i just cant help but feel that infinite scaling content like we've got is actually pretty toxic for the game.

• Options
    Yeah, I'm not really railing against any specific ability changes so much as "What is the goal they're working toward"

Like direct damage powers get outclasses so incredibly fast that they're a waste of energy in high level missions unless they scale with enemies stats (Old Shield Polarize, I don't think anything else scales like that anymore sadly) or scales absurdly extremely high and ignores armor (Maim detonate)

Like at some point why do these abilities exist if they stop functioning once you reach a certain level, and what is DE's answer to that (historically their answer has been nothing, near as I can tell)

I'd be really interested in just knowing what their ideal balance for this stuff would be, I don't need them to fix everything overnight but it'd be nice to know what direction they are working in

• Options
    Defintely not disagreeing there.

As a total aside, Volt's Discharge + Radation prc = Hilarious times. Also known as "Everyone's sentinel is now a tesla coil that HATES THEM".

(It's also very good CC, and incredibly good at pumping out shields with the augment for it, so that's nice. Now if i could just have a reason to actually pick up and carry my shields...)

• Options
    Having played for an hour or so last night trying out the first of the event missions (for the catalyst) on PUG teams, I can say whatever changes they made to Hysteria...didn't really feel like they changed anything.

The speed of energy consumption maybe felt a little higher, but it was still all "Raaar rip and tear, rip and tear!". So, hurray!

• Options
    Man what, Mag is awesome now. Before she was a one trick pony that was only useful against one faction, and having a skill that instakilled that faction across the entire map was fucking stupid. Now she's much better balanced and her skills have some synergy to them.

And Maddoc, DE's stance on end-game is that there shouldn't be an end game so they aren't balancing things with it in mind. Which is fine, there's no point in balancing weapons and frames for content that most players will never see (ie, 234 wave defense missions or whatever)

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »
    And Maddoc, DE's stance on end-game is that there shouldn't be an end game so they aren't balancing things with it in mind. Which is fine, there's no point in balancing weapons and frames for content that most players will never see (ie, 234 wave defense missions or whatever)
    Then what the fuck are sorties?

This discussion has been closed.