As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Heroes of the Aturi Cluster (Bantha Squadron - Nobody Home)

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    Just for the sake of argument, though, I wonder how it would go if you had two YTs, each with one pilot and two gunners for a total of six.

The Gunner's each get to attack at their PS, if they have a cannon then each Gunner can have their own cannon type, missiles are fired by the Pilot, and XP is shared by the crew and divided evenly at the end of the mission?

I think you'd end up getting absolutely shredded by incoming fire. Not enough dodge or offensive output to balance your shields / hull.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Each crew member for the ship would be able to purchase their own shield and hull upgrades that could be added to the single vessel.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    edited May 2016
    And I'd make Gunner purchasable for sticker price at PS4 for the Gunners (so they also get an upgrade option) and I guess make the 1300 a starter with Upgrade to the 2400 at PS4.

DaMoonRulz on
    3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    Hey, Moon - reinforcement 1 cannot completely evade my attack.

Etahn gives me the ability to turn 1 hit unit a crit, and Ten Nunb makes it so that 1 crit result can't be canceled by defense dice (including evade tokens).

Just in case this was missed earlier, @DaMoonRulz

• Options

Etahn gives me the ability to turn 1 hit unit a crit, and Ten Nunb makes it so that 1 crit result can't be canceled by defense dice (including evade tokens).

Yeah, yeah. Does FFG have an official errata tome to reference for these things?

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options

Yeah, yeah. Does FFG have an official errata tome to reference for these things?

The FAQ? This should be the most-recent version.

https://images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/57/16/57167b91-21ff-4b92-ae4f-27e9ca18e2f0/x-wing_faq_v412.pdf

• Options
    Is that ALL of the Errata or just the freshest batch?

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Is that ALL of the Errata or just the freshest batch?

All to date. They red-text the additions / changes from the previous version.

• Options
    I'd also put the Ghost on the table, but I don't know how the whole Shuttle thing worka

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I'd also put the Ghost on the table, but I don't know how the whole Shuttle thing worka

I can detach and fly around. If you have the titles and it is docked the ghost gets an additional attack

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options

I can detach and fly around. If you have the titles and it is docked the ghost gets an additional attack

Whoa, you're getting ahead of yourself. we're not gonna use them this game :P

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    @Elvenshae What's your move

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    edited May 2016
    I assume we aren't making changes to last round, and just applying things going forward?

Okay ...

If I can, AS to barrel roll right, then PTL to focus, 2-ahead green. If I can't BR right, then Focus, PTL to boost ahead, then 2-ahead green. Drop an ion bomb if I get someone behind me. If Grunt's is about to take a whole lot of incoming Int fire, then shoot one of them with an HLC. If he's not, and I've got a sensor beacon in range, then "autokill"* it.

Autokill = If I end up with a single hit or more remaining after Sensor Jammers / Focus, then I can convert it to a crit that they can't dodge, and a crit result is 2 damage against 2 Hull Points. So, almost, but not quite, an autokill against a sensor beacon, since I could roll 4 blanks and then reroll a blank.

Elvenshae on
  • Options
    @Elvenshae Changes in what way? I moved @Grunt's Ghosts to where he should have been

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    round 5 - Imperial Activation
    13133087_10208246070282308_7155133247684707482_n.jpg?oh=5f3fc93144e921942413ddc9f3ea505c&oe=57B3DC4B

Round 5 - Bantha Activation
    12524152_10208246103043127_9201930657847548922_n.jpg?oh=36316bd8aa745a5e8e7f43079bb29c8d&oe=57A9B70B

@Elvenshae drops a bomb amidst the TIEs behind the Banthas, shorting out AT1's systems

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    edited May 2016
    Round 5 - Bantha Combat
    @Elvenshae takes a long range shot at Whisper who is apparently a BAMF (spend focus 1crit3hit/4evade. -1HULL. DAMAGED ENGINE)
    WHISPER fires at @Grunt's Ghosts at long range (2hit/1evade. -1HULL)
    @Fuselage fires at TIE1 through a rock (spend focus give to @Albino Bunny 2hit/2evade. EVADED) (spend focus give to @Grunt's Ghosts 2hit/2evade. EVADED)
    @timspork's ghost can't shoot because of SLAM (right?)
    @Chrysis takes a close range shot at the Beacon in front of him (spend focus 1crit2hit/1evade. DESTROYED)
    @Albino Bunny has no shots
    @Grunt's Ghosts fires at the Sensor in front of him (spend focus 1crit2hit/3evade. EVADED)
    REIN2 takes a long range shot at @Grunt's Ghosts (1hit/1evade. EVADED)

13082543_10208246240286558_9218305396623674122_n.jpg?oh=b8fec680f83d7f6e38857f18a7109843&oe=57E7EA04

XP:
    @Elvenshae +4XP for hit last round and destroying Interceptor
    @Chrysis +1XP for sensor

SENSOR CHECK
    @Elvenshae 2 - 0
    @Grunt's Ghosts 5 - 0
    @Chrysis 2 - 0
    @timspork's ghost 2 - 1

1 REINFORCEMENT

Round 6 - START
    13138983_10208246218846022_7176214429996281695_n.jpg?oh=1e7aaef294d45342df31c35b68749981&oe=57B8AA72

DaMoonRulz on
    3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    ChrysisChrysis Registered User regular
    2 Left bank, continue to shoot up beacons.

Tri-Optimum reminds you that there are only one-hundred-sixty-three shopping days until Christmas. Just 1 extra work cycle twice a week will give you the spending money you need to make this holiday a very special one.
  • Options
    Yup can't shoot that round due to SLAM.

• Options
    Right 1 bank. Double focus. Torpedo that upper left corner sensor.

• Options
    Elvenshae Changes in what way? I moved "Grunt's Ghosts" to where he should have been

I shot at Reinforcement 1, and he evaded all my damage.

That's not actually possible anymore. :D

• Options
    Oh, but that didn't really change anything with the map which is what I thgouth you were talking about

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    FuselageFuselage Oosik Jumpship LoungeRegistered User regular
    Left Turn Two, Focus.

o4n72w5h9b5y.png
  • Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    3 forward, TL on the sensor.

• Options
  • Options
    Oh, but that didn't really change anything with the map which is what I thgouth you were talking about

Ah. Thought that if I'd hit it earlier in the round, then it would've changed other attacks and had follow-on results. That's why I figured you were just skipping trying to rewind history and applying things going forward.

Goal is to keep as many beacons in my firing arc as possible while minimizing incoming shots - except, if need be, I'll trade body blows with Whisper to shoot the ace down this round. So, if possible, SL to pass an action to someone who needs it, PTL to barrel roll right as far back as possible (probably constrained because of Fuselage's positioning), then left-bank 1. That should keep the bottom-left ~3 beacons in-arc for anyone shooting at them, and might arc-dodge Whisper who should be dashing straight ahead (probably 4-speed). If that won't get Whisper in-arc, then boost to arc dodge before left-banking-1, and shoot the closest beacon.

• Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Hard 2 right, evade.

• Options
    I'll post it here for the group to talk about.

Here's the setup for @Elvenshae 's activation

jmy9230yjmql.jpg

what do you do?

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Could you boost right then do the left turn?

• Options
    Could you boost right then do the left turn?

Boost right probably runs me into Whisper, so I wouldn't be able to do it first. BR right up against Fuselage, then left-bank 1 definitely runs me into Whisper, but keeps him in-arc for me (and triggers my assist ability for anyone shooting at him while not letting him shoot me), and probably arc-dodges Rein2 while allowing me to shoot him.

It also likely lets me shoot a beacon, which means fewer reinforcement dice.

On the other hand, if Boosting right actually does clear Whisper, then I can drop my last ion bomb before I take my left-bank move, which should catch Whisper and probably Rein2 with ion (and also unfortunately Fuselage, which probably results in an asteroid strike in 2 turns).

The good part about actions is that, if I wanted to try the latter, I could declare a boost right, see if works, and then if it doesn't do something else.

• Options
    If you hit whisper with a bomb and use sabine, Whisper is dead. That is a good trade off for hitting an asteroid.

• Options
    I'd only do 1 damage to Whisper, though, which leaves him in-play.

I could also try the same thing with boosting left, which gives better odds on catching Rein2 in the blast and excluding Fuselage.

The effective left turn should let me hit the 6 o'clock beacon, too.

• Options
    Sabine does an extra damage though?

• Options
    Sabine does an extra damage though?

Ion bombs don't do any damage, but they do apply 2 ion tokens.

• Options
    Oh I missed it being an Ion Bomb.

• Options
    OKay, @DaMoonRulz ...

We'll try this. First, does anyone need an action? If so, SL, if not, Focus.

Then, PTL to try to boost right. If that doesn't work, then PTL to try to boost left. If that doesn't work, then PTL to BR right as back as possible (bumping into Fuselage).

If I boost, then drop an ion bomb. If I don't boost, then don't drop one.

Then do the 1-left-bank to clear stress.

Shoot the best target.

• Options
    edited May 2016
    @Elvenshae you could always SL a boost to @Fuselage and steal one of his focus tokens to clear up a right barrel roll

DaMoonRulz on
    3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Elvenshae you could always SL a boost to Fuselage and steal one of his focus tokens to clear up a right barrel roll

Thought of that, but he'd have to boost left, away from the action. Didn't want to do that without permission ... You mind, @Fuselage?

• Options
    FuselageFuselage Oosik Jumpship LoungeRegistered User regular
    Elvenshae you could always SL a boost to Fuselage and steal one of his focus tokens to clear up a right barrel roll

Thought of that, but he'd have to boost left, away from the action. Didn't want to do that without permission ... You mind, @Fuselage?

Have your way with me, I'm at work and can't logic my way through this.

o4n72w5h9b5y.png
  • Options
    Thanks, @Fuselage! Make it so, @DaMoonRulz .

• Options
    Round 6 - Imperial Activation
    13100960_10208251626421208_8258759056218440000_n.jpg?oh=f1565dfd20d4935d37bd356abbb1962b&oe=57E6EBA9

Round 6 - Bantha Activation
    13124727_10208251626461209_9155263848909884767_n.jpg?oh=8f1b764ca06475e50fcd6d56c5b14e6c&oe=57E7500D

@Albino Bunny swerves and avoids the rock and the Interceptor
    @Fuselage boosts out of the way as @Elvenshae maneuvers and has to swerve to avoid running into Whisper's Interceptor

3basnids3lf9.jpg