As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Penny Arcade - Comic - Dare To Dream

2»

• MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    MichaelLC wrote: »
    -Tal wrote: »
    please don't; fuck dogs

that's not what I said! that's not what I freaking said!!

Look, I just work here buddy. Whatever happens to those dogs ain't my business.

• ShellbackShellback Registered User regular
    Wait...have dogs been fucked or not? It's midnight on a Monday. I can't deal with this level of questionable dog-fuckery.

• McFodderMcFodder Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    The dog is both fucked and unfucked until you check on it.

It's Schrodinger's dog.

McFodder on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / Xbox / NNID: Fodder185
  • darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    Dog Fucking around these parts is slang for wasting time, so reading this comic I was like.. "Oh he is going to just be a completely unproductive human being and just waste time, good on him, everyone should fuck the dog from time to time" Now I know the comic refers to intercourse with canines, which is far more hilarious.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • ziddersroofurryziddersroofurry Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Lolfurry

(I know, I know. I have a horrible sense of humor. The reality is this resolution would definitely get you banned from Anthrocon.)

ziddersroofurry on
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    I'm just so glad that this comic caused at least one person to send an angry message about how they'll never read the strip again.
    I kind of assumed this was happening with every comic these days.

• GDT1985GDT1985 Registered User regular
    forty wrote: »
    I'm just so glad that this comic caused at least one person to send an angry message about how they'll never read the strip again.

It is the default state of the internet, to loudly proclaim how wrong something is and that one never intends to support it again...until you know, the next time something happens that isn't in perfect sync with the writer's opinions.(obviously meaning that they never stopped viewing what they claim to dislike)

I don't get it, if I don't like something I just stop associating with it; no big speech, no angry comments, no long farewell post. Not that I offend easily, especially if the subject is imaginary dog fucking, but I don't get all this need for attention on the internet. But I digress...

• EseellEseell Phoenix, AZRegistered User regular
    Quid wrote: »
    Texture wrote: »
    This seems like an appropriate time to point out that despite whatever deep seated personal need Elite: Dangerous is satisfying for Tycho, it is an awful game unworthy of purchase. That's not to say that the idea of the game isn't amazing; just that the game itself is utterly devoid of... game.

Nah it's plenty fun.

Elite: Dangerous is what you make it. If you're expecting a very guided "go-here-then-there" and bam: credits, you'll be disappointed. If you're expecting Space Trucking Simulator 2015 (and also Space Pirate and Space Police Simulators 2015), you'll be ecstatic.

• SmellyTerrorSmellyTerror Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    This had to happen:

The 'DAAS I Fuck Dogs' song.

And now it has happened. Rejoice!

(And here's more, because if you like jokes about dog fucking, you'll like more).

SmellyTerror on
    Dark Iron: Mongoose, Gnome Warlock
    Deeply Afraid
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    GDT1985 wrote: »

It is the default state of the internet, to loudly proclaim how wrong something is and that one never intends to support it again...until you know, the next time something happens that isn't in perfect sync with the writer's opinions.(obviously meaning that they never stopped viewing what they claim to dislike)

I don't get it, if I don't like something I just stop associating with it; no big speech, no angry comments, no long farewell post. Not that I offend easily, especially if the subject is imaginary dog fucking, but I don't get all this need for attention on the internet. But I digress...
    This is the worst post you've ever made. I'm never going to read one of your posts again.

• GDT1985GDT1985 Registered User regular
    GDT1985 wrote: »

This is the worst post you've ever made. I'm never going to read one of your posts again.

What about this one?

• SmellyTerrorSmellyTerror Registered User regular
    Eseell wrote: »
    If you're expecting ... Space Pirate and Space Police Simulators 2015, you'll be ecstatic.

I dunno. I spent a lot of time looking for other players and mostly failing. I don't mind doing a scum patrol, but I never caught the slightest hint of scum. I'd even pirate people, but I hardly ever saw anyone and it just seems a bit mean to blow people up when there's no likely consequence.

I joined a guild and went to their system, and I still rarely even saw them.

Maybe it's changed since I played. I remember suggesting that star transits should always dump you at one end of the nav point, then give you an exit zone at the other end to get to the next star, just to concentrate players enough for there to be actual traffic. But the game as I played it had pretty much no reason for players to ever see each other, except at the odd station. Even if an opponent could pull you out of warp, you could just throttle up and get back into it long before they could kill you.

Is that no longer true? Does the game have a challenge?

Dark Iron: Mongoose, Gnome Warlock
    Deeply Afraid
  • metroidkillahmetroidkillah Local Bunman Free Country, USARegistered User regular
    @Eseell At a glance, it looks like what Freelancer wanted to be. Maybe a small-scale version of EVE Online?

Either way, it has my interest. Next question: is the console version any good?

I'm not a nice guy, I just play one in real life.
  • EseellEseell Phoenix, AZRegistered User regular
    edited January 2016
    @SmellyTerror: You definitely have to go where the players are if you want to find players. ED's galaxy is literally the entire Milky Way, so it's easy to be where people aren't. Probably the best way to find people is to participate in Power Play and raid systems that are currently focus areas for the various factions, or to participate in the community events which also attract a lot of players. Personally, I think Star Citizen is likely going to be better at the player interaction bit, because their play space is a lot more focused and crafted than ED's. I mean, Star Citizen is still huge, but it's on a different scale than whole-galaxy huge.

@metroidkillah EVE-light is how I do describe it sometimes. Look at a site like Inara and you can see the kind of spreadsheeting that can go into ED. I have no idea if the console version is good but some of my friends do play with XB1 controllers and the game runs alright on reasonably priced PCs, so I assume it's not terrible?

Eseell on