As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Texas de Brazil group dinner

StinkyTurdStinkyTurd Registered User regular
edited January 2016 in PAX South
The dinner will be on Saturday the 30 at 5pm if your interested please put your name down here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16he38-VRGspStJuJi1Kn7ZBUAYyYklmtiVqxQBOA9mk/edit?usp=sharing by the 28th when reservations will be made.

StinkyTurd on

• Options
    RILMSRILMS North BayRegistered User regular
    I could be tempted to go there...Only been once, but it was so good....

OtyHMcu.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    I know I'm looking at it as my food splurge for the trip I'd like at least 1 meal to not be off a dollar menu or at a bar so I may as well make it something I'd normally never get. Oh and can't wait to get my coins thanks for taking the lead on that :)

StinkyTurd on
  • Options
    pragmanicpragmanic Registered User regular
    Hey man, I'd go with you, day depending. I'm also going to PAX alone, but a couple of friends are meeting me from Austin on Sunday.

• Options
    Yea I was thinking Sunday after the convention would be best since there would be least likely to interfere with any of the sheet hours events but it depends on everyone else's schedule but I'm assuming Friday will be the twitch party, Saturday is Indies need booze and a lot of twitchers community meet ups, Thursday not everyone's there plus the bar crawl and prepax game night so Sunday will most likely be best.

• Options
    I will be heading back to Corpus on Sunday...but not sure what time. I'm going with friends, so it may depend on their schedules as well....We'll see :)

OtyHMcu.jpg
  • Options
    Here I head back to fort Worth on Sunday myself sadly my greyhound doesn't leave till 10pm:( I suppose Saturdays doable since Indies need booze doesn't start until 9 so that should be enough time for a good dinner first I just don't want to miss the twitch party if they do it again this year greyhound screwed me last year and I missed it :( I'd rather not do that again. But again we need to compare schedules a bit closer to pax hopefully a few more ppl will be interested by then

• Options
    I could probably do Saturday. PM me if you need contact info.

• Options
    Wzagorski89Wzagorski89 Sinton, TXRegistered User regular
    Hey, coming from Sinton here, if it's on Saturday and I can still make Indies Need Booze, I'd be happy to come. Everyone paying for their own meals or are we pooling money?

#MonsterHunterXForTheWest , #MH4U 4613-9575-9123 , HR G3 Hunter , Insect Glaive user.
  • Options
    level1gamerlevel1gamer Registered User regular
    I'm going by myself, too. I could do Saturday before Indies need booze.

• Options
    Hmm looks like Saturday it is does either 5 or 6 pm sounds good to you guys that gives us 3-4 hours to eat and maybe get a shower in or since it looks like a few of us are going to Indies need booze we could just head over after dinner.

• Options
    At Texas de Brazil you either get one thing (only the salad bar) or the full entree where you can choose as much meat as you'd like and the salad bar, so I don't think splitting checks will be a problem for them. I'm on their email list as I go a few times a year to the DC location, so I'll keep my eye out for coupons between now and the event, I think one coupon covers up to 8 people. We would probably need a reservation in order to ensure folks can make it to indies need booze; I'm willing to take the lead on that with a Google doc?

• Options
    I need to check the schedule, but I'm leaning towards 5.

#MonsterHunterXForTheWest , #MH4U 4613-9575-9123 , HR G3 Hunter , Insect Glaive user.
  • Options
    pragmanic if you think you can get coupons oir are willing to take the lead its all yours man i just want me some tasty tasty food :)

• Options
    Well, can't wait to meet all of you! See you on Saturday!

• Options
    Can I bring friends that are not on the forums?

OtyHMcu.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    RILMS Well since pragmanic took over I can't say for sure but I wouldn't see why not I'd just stick them on the Google doc so he knows to make a reservation for them I say the more the merrier :) also again thanks for heading up the coins they look great and I can't wait to see mine in person.

StinkyTurd on
  • Options
    Sure, that's totally cool, if you want to do that just put the number of people you're bringing on the spreadsheet in the notes section.

• Options
    I'll add my info in a while, I'm out drinking and don't have access to a computer at the moment.

• Options
    I wasn't able to find an exact menu for what that particular location has, but here's the webpage for this particular location:

http://www.texasdebrazil.com/locations/texas/san-antonio/

• Options
    I wonder if @OpSteel, @Devereaux, @orthancstone, @JakeCapps, @BadCrumpany, @MasterRokku, @TheAggroCraig, and @shimwood or other people from the coin thread would be interested in dinner

OtyHMcu.jpg
  • Options
    would be cool if they did :)

• Options
    shimwoodshimwood Registered User regular
    I'd be interested, but it depends on if I'm able to make it into the "Scared Yet: A Discussion of Horror in Games" panel that's taking place at 5:30 that night. I do plan on making it out to Texas de Brazil during my trip, but it will most likely be on Thursday night.

khd33hubozxv.png
  • Options
    OpSteelOpSteel neighbor of the village pindiot Fort Worth TEXASRegistered User regular
    RILMS wrote: »
    I wonder if @OpSteel, @Devereaux, @orthancstone, @JakeCapps, @BadCrumpany, @MasterRokku, @TheAggroCraig, and @shimwood or other people from the coin thread would be interested in dinner

Thanks but I will have my wife and 2 kids with me. It gets rather pricey and the kids would rather spend their time playing board and card games in the evening. :-)

• Options
    nbs2nbs2 Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    I wasn't able to find an exact menu for what that particular location has, but here's the webpage for this particular location:

http://www.texasdebrazil.com/locations/texas/san-antonio/

If anybody here is military, veteran, police, fire, EMS, or a teacher, I did see a 20% discount for up to 8 people. I don't like asking for discounts, but if they publicly offer it, I'm bring my department ID.

Only thing is that this is my first post (I use the mobile site and thought the forum was broken, until I happened to load the desktop site and saw I hadn't confirmed my email) and I don't know any of you (and you don't know random me). I always have a hard time expecting someone I don't know to show up for a group meal, I don't be the only one.

Also, I'll be with a friend and don't know if he'll be up for going.

nbs2 on
  • Options
    MaggieTheCatMaggieTheCat Registered User regular
    Texas de Brazil was supposedly part of the Show Us Your Badge program, where if you were attending an event at the convention center and you brought your badge to the restaurant, they would give you a discount.

http://meetings.visitsanantonio.com/VisitSanAntonio-Meetings/media/Meetings/PDF-Docs/SUYB_Y15v2.pdf

I have not tried this but it was advertised last year for an event that I attended at the convention center, so might be worth a shot, it says it's still valid until the end of January.

Also, there really isn't a menu. You don't order anything; the servers walk around with skewers of various kinds of meat and ask you if you want some, and you say yes/no and they slice some accordingly onto your plate, or not. The selection each night varies, but usually includes chicken, sausage, ribs, and various cuts of beef, pork, and lamb.

• Options
    Texas de Brazil was supposedly part of the Show Us Your Badge program, where if you were attending an event at the convention center and you brought your badge to the restaurant, they would give you a discount.

http://meetings.visitsanantonio.com/VisitSanAntonio-Meetings/media/Meetings/PDF-Docs/SUYB_Y15v2.pdf

I have not tried this but it was advertised last year for an event that I attended at the convention center, so might be worth a shot, it says it's still valid until the end of January.

Also, there really isn't a menu. You don't order anything; the servers walk around with skewers of various kinds of meat and ask you if you want some, and you say yes/no and they slice some accordingly onto your plate, or not. The selection each night varies, but usually includes chicken, sausage, ribs, and various cuts of beef, pork, and lamb.

That's an interesting serving concept.

• Options

Plus it has a 50+ item salad bar which has even more meats, fish, salads, breads, and soups. And nbs2 even if no one else shows up I'll be there so please come out and join us :)

• Options
    DevereauxDevereaux Registered User regular
    I would have loved to go, however, spending time with family and friends. Thanks for the invite though 8-)

Check out my lanyard and let's trade ;)https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/Devereaux
  • Options
    I'll definitely be there!

• Options

It's an awesome serving concept! ALL YOU CAN MEAT!

They give you a little card. One side of it is red, and another side is green. If you flip your card to green, the servers descend upon you with skewers from high meatdom! Price being $44.99 I only go a couple times a year but I'm overdue anyway. Looking forward to it!

• Options
    and if its red, does that mean you don't want any at the moment?

• Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    and if its red, does that mean you don't want any at the moment?

Yep.

• Options
    nbs2nbs2 Registered User regular
    Is Texas cards? I really liked the blocks that Rodizio and a few others use - red up for stop, green up for go, sideways for your check.

• Options
    MaggieTheCatMaggieTheCat Registered User regular
    The Texas de Brazil in San Antonio does do the red for stop/green for go cards (I'm not familiar with the sideways for check part, but maybe we'd jut never heard that particular "rule") but also in my experience, if anyone in the group has their card on green and a server comes around with some meat, they will ask everyone at the table if they want some, regardless of if your card is green or red.

• Options
    Since I see a few new faces in here if your interested in coming don't forget to put your name in the Google doc I put it up on the first post.

• Options
    unhallowed1014unhallowed1014 Registered User regular
    I put the name in there, will know for sure shortly whether or not we are attending

• Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    Finally remembered to add myself to the list.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    shimwoodshimwood Registered User regular
    After giving it some thought, I've decided to forego the panel and come hang out with you guys. I'll add my friend and I to the list when I get home.

khd33hubozxv.png
  • Options
    shimwood wrote: »
    After giving it some thought, I've decided to forego the panel and come hang out with you guys. I'll add my friend and I to the list when I get home.
    One of us one of us!