As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Cancelled Tickets.

EcksonEckson Registered User regular
Alright so i'm Working with Reedexpo on my issue on tickets. But was looking to see if anyone else has had problems with tickets being cancelled this year. It looks like they are flagging anyone with two orders no matter the quantity of tickets.

Pretty frustrating to say the least.

• mayapplemayapple TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Ya, we had the same issue. And they are not being cooperative.

e6txb8m8cavf.png

• EcksonEckson Registered User regular
    Here's my most recent conversation with "customer service"

"The policy states that if multiple orders are found they will be cancelled.

Thanks,

Customer Service"

"PLEASE NOTE: In order to keep things fair, we currently have badge limits of 4 per household (per badge type). If we determine that you are ordering under different names and multiple addresses, all of your orders will be cancelled immediately."

Policy for reference.

My response:

"Can you point out where in your policy that two people in the same household aren't allowed to order tickets? Both of our orders combined do not pass the maximum amount per house hold"

This is the 10th response to them quoting I violated the policy, I'd just like some clarification because we've already booked a hotel and most of us have airfare.

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    There's not much we can do for you here on the forums other than to point you to pax_questions@paxsite.com and to http://twitter.com/official_pax

• KeroanKeroan Chicago, IllinoisRegistered User regular
    I will say that this is a policy I think people should expect now, unless told otherwise. This also happened for PAX West 2015 at least.

edited January 2016
    zerzhul wrote: »
    There's not much we can do for you here on the forums other than to point you to pax_questions@paxsite.com and to http://twitter.com/official_pax

Oh, I'm sorry if that's how i'm coming across. I'm working with every avenue possible, just wanted to see if anyone else was having the same issue and if there's been any resolution
    Keroan wrote: »
    I will say that this is a policy I think people should expect now, unless told otherwise. This also happened for PAX West 2015 at least.

Since I've never gone to Pax Prime and don't pay much attention to any drama surrounding it because of that reason. I was going off their written policy before you purchase tickets and the policy that been shot to me in 4/5 emails so far is that policy.

*Update*

Called back Reedexpo pax team number at 3:34 est, 48 hours after I was told they'd have an answer for me in 24 hours. Spoke to the supervisor "it's 3:34 we close at 5:00 i'll contact you before then, I haven't heard from the manager yet"

*Update #2*

Just received a call back from the Customer service supervisor, she told me the ticket cancellation can't be reversed because I violated the purchasing policy and that placing two orders is against the policy. So I had her show me where that policy was, she walked me to the PaxEast website and then to the registration policy. So I had her point out where in that policy it says you cant place two orders. ( both orders together do not pass the maximum ticket order) She read it to me and then kind of just was silent at the end of it. And then just said that I violated the policy and if I wanted I could speak to the Registration manager on Tuesday.

I'm starting to lose faith or think I'm going crazy, I've dealt with 4-5 people now that think the policy listed says you cant place two orders going to the same residence. ( staying under the badge maximum )

Eckson on
  • SepiothSepioth Boston, MARegistered User regular
    That sucks. Especially if you are not going over the 4 ticket max with the two orders.

Two years ago I had two orders. One with 2 Fri and 2 Sat. A few days later I added 2 Sun. Glad I had no issues then.

4gzp0ml63v5i.png
  • melzwaymelzway Registered User regular
    I had two orders last year cause had to use two payment sources. Hopefully they'll figure it out to your benefit.

• stardust462stardust462 Leominster, MARegistered User regular
    I have three separate orders, each for one set of single day tickets (one for me, one for one brother, and one for my other brother). All with my same address, same credit card. I haven't run into any issues..

• DawnieroseDawnierose MaineRegistered User regular
    Due to money troubles at the time and my buying tickets for someone I'm going with, I have four separate orders, each with one ticket. Same name, address, and card, and I haven't had any issues.

• nomisronomisro Brooklyn, NY, USARegistered User regular
    edited January 2016
    I also had the same problem with two orders equaling less than 4 sets. Spoke with several different pax staff. One staff even told me the limit is 10tix max and I purchase 12(probably just said that cause she couldnt figure out why my order was refunded). Either way, at the end, one of the manager said payment was already refunded and there is currently no way to repurchase the ticket or be on any type of waitlist. I'm going to try my luck with other sources. I already found somebody to sell me 2 sets at retail price; I suggest you do the same thing.

nomisro on
  • Streetlight345Streetlight345 Seekonk, MARegistered User regular
    My understanding of the rule was you could not having any combination of badges that exceeded 4 sets (3 three days + 1 Fri, 1 Sat, 1 Sun) (2 three days, 2 Fri, 2 sat, 2 Sun) etc etc.
    I have seen on Reddit that you mentioned buying 8 sets on your phone. I think they are right by my understanding that you did violate the rules.

OgqpDBS.png
    PAX East 2019!
    Badges [X] Hotel [X] Time off request [X]
    https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/Streetlight345
    edited January 2016
    Final Update.

After about 20 emails and 30 phone calls, dealing with 2 managers and countless CS Reps I finally got my tickets Re-instated. The total order was 4 3 days and 4 sets of singles. Confirmed with the ReedExpo people that this is the maximum tickets for one HOUSEHOLD.

They cancelled my tickets just because it was two orders to the same address regardless of my total amount. Buying two separate orders for the maximum of 4 badges PER BADGE TYPE, per the Policy that was shoved at me through 20 emails and i confirmed this several times with the managers.

This was not a fun experience. I really hope either the policy is made more clear or some additional training is done at Reed.

nomisro wrote: »
    I also had the same problem with two orders equaling less than 4 sets. Spoke with several different pax staff. One staff even told me the limit is 10tix max and I purchase 12(probably just said that cause she couldnt figure out why my order was refunded). Either way, at the end, one of the manager said payment was already refunded and there is currently no way to repurchase the ticket or be on any type of waitlist. I'm going to try my luck with other sources. I already found somebody to sell me 2 sets at retail price; I suggest you do the same thing.

Perseverance my friend, my girlfriend had already received the refund and I just gave them her billing information again to get the order re-processed.

My understanding of the rule was you could not having any combination of badges that exceeded 4 sets (3 three days + 1 Fri, 1 Sat, 1 Sun) (2 three days, 2 Fri, 2 sat, 2 Sun) etc etc.
    I have seen on Reddit that you mentioned buying 8 sets on your phone. I think they are right by my understanding that you did violate the rules.

"Show Policy:

PLEASE NOTE: In order to keep things fair, we currently have badge limits of 4 per household (per badge type). If we determine that you are ordering under different names and multiple addresses, all of your orders will be cancelled immediately."

Here is the exact policy stated on the storefront page, and each time I was dealing with an E-mail rep. Also, The CS Manager confirmed that 16 was the maximum amount of tickets per household.

If your case was correct then "per badge type" should be changed in the policy as there are 4 badge types. Although I believe it will be moot as I'm expecting this is the last year for 3days for east.

Eckson on
    I am still in the manager phase. We had one payment method for many different households. Which I was explicitly told ahead of time did not violate the policy. We are still fighting it.

e6txb8m8cavf.png

mayapple wrote: »
    I am still in the manager phase. We had one payment method for many different households. Which I was explicitly told ahead of time did not violate the policy. We are still fighting it.

Yeah, it looks like the customer service is just told to quote policy regardless of why your order was cancelled. I actually had a dream that they changed the policy while I was dealing with the manager on the phone the other night.

I can honestly say this whole process gave me a nightmare.

Really shouldn't be this way, I hope someone at PA can maybe make this process a little friendly. I've been going to PAX (I even met my girlfriend there) since it's been at the BCEC. Next year is the first year i'll probably skip.

• redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    Would I get an email if mine were cancelled? I got 3 3days and 1 Sunday in one order and a single Saturday pass in another order. I will be pissed if my tickets are cancelled.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
    redfield85 wrote: »
    Would I get an email if mine were cancelled? I got 3 3days and 1 Sunday in one order and a single Saturday pass in another order. I will be pissed if my tickets are cancelled.

They sent an email and a refund, which was nice all things considered. They allowed us to keep one four set originally as well .

An update. Actually spoke to them at South and got to repurchase which was nice. But basically, they said they are cracking down, make sure it is completely separate next year. She said to ere on the side of caution and use work addresses if needed because it will most definitely happen again.

e6txb8m8cavf.png

• smorggiesmorggie Boston, MARegistered User regular
    I was going to throw the same tip out there, my brother ordered badges and is having them sent to our house, and I am having mine sent to my work. However, we have the same billing address, so on the day I ordered the tickets I called them to make sure that we were not in violation of any of the rules and that our orders wouldn't get cancelled. The customer service said they put a note on both of our orders that we were not in violation of the badge limits, and the orders would not be canceled. So my recommendation for next year is that if you think there is any chance that your order might be flagged as a duplicate, call customer service the day you order the badges and they will make sure that your orders don't get cancelled later on.

• KnownDominanceKnownDominance Registered User regular
    I did two separate purchases and they worked fine unless they have been cancelled unknowingly to me

• SepiothSepioth Boston, MARegistered User regular
    You can log into https://www.showclix.com/my-tickets/login to see your tix. I'm sure if they where cancelled it would show up there.

4gzp0ml63v5i.png
  • redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    Ok. I checked and it had my tickets on there and I didn't see anything about being cancelled. I guess I am set then.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85