Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Bloodborne] "Behold! A Paleblood sky!"

1293031323335»

• ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    The main thing the Burial Blade has going is a swag moveset and huge rally modifier. Throw a rally rune on top of it and you will get back vials worth of health.

• NaphtaliNaphtali Null Registered User regular
    Cromarty wrote: »
    What're everyone's thoughts on skill weapons? I started playing with the burial blade on this char at just about the end of the main game and I'm not sure whether it actually does anything better than the saif. Mostly I wanted to have a weapon that replaces the gun on L2 for fights where I don't use it.
    I also got the blades of mercy and rakuyo but I don't feel much like using them. I remember being very unimpressed by BOM and rakuyo makes me think "BOM except one of them is longer".

I mean, I like all those weapons you mentioned, but they all play very differently. If you want an L2 skill weapon, burial blade is basically your only option (I used it to great effect on defiled amygdala). Rakuyo's L2 is pretty much for pvp only with some limited crowd hitting ability

B.net: Naphtali#1830 | Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | PSN: EI-Naphtali | Wish List
    Church Pick is another option.

Church Pick's L2 is rather shit except for its speed; I've never found a use for it.

B.net: Naphtali#1830 | Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | PSN: EI-Naphtali | Wish List
  • metaghostmetaghost Registered User regular
    Started up a new character on Saturday, and after playing so much Nioh it's amusing how slow this game now feels. I'm so rusty that I actually died against Father Gascan.

Twitter / PSN: Mugen_Kikaider
    Oh yeah, I'd forgotten what it was. I was thinkong it was more like Burial Blade's.

Rakuyo L2 is really good in pve, though. It's got hyper armor!

GoodKingJayIII
  • CromartyCromarty Registered User regular
    Naphtali wrote: »
    Cromarty wrote: »
    What're everyone's thoughts on skill weapons? I started playing with the burial blade on this char at just about the end of the main game and I'm not sure whether it actually does anything better than the saif. Mostly I wanted to have a weapon that replaces the gun on L2 for fights where I don't use it.
    I also got the blades of mercy and rakuyo but I don't feel much like using them. I remember being very unimpressed by BOM and rakuyo makes me think "BOM except one of them is longer".

I mean, I like all those weapons you mentioned, but they all play very differently. If you want an L2 skill weapon, burial blade is basically your only option (I used it to great effect on defiled amygdala). Rakuyo's L2 is pretty much for pvp only with some limited crowd hitting ability
    Oh yeah, amy. I didn't have it for regular amy and saif may as well have no vertical reach at all. What a pain. I got to the last phase in a minute or so and then threw away like ten vials trying to knock off that final little bit of health.

The main thing I'm noticing is the untricked saif has a harder impact than the tricked burial blade, which seems wrong somehow. Those bigger pthumerians in the chalices that carry a sickle and rifle don't stagger unless I use the saif.

• cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    I haven't really posted in this thread, but I've been busy.
    C7UxYMBVoAAr5nT.jpg

Easily the easiest platinum of the Souls games, apart from that stupid grind to reach the final labyrinth boss.

My favorite moment in the game by far:
    C7VV4SPV0AESsJ5.jpg:large

Threaded Cane is life.

Thinking of doing a strength build next? Cannon looks fun.

SLJcaRJ.png
    Time flies in pursuit and cool stares are more tender than sympathy.
    baudattitudeNaphtaliScratchyfurlion
  • baudattitudebaudattitude Registered User regular
    I am not going to lie, I really expected her to pop back up in a sort of "AND NOW, FOR MY TRUE FINAL FORM!" way, because this was one of the easiest fights in all of the chalice dungeons I had to go through to get here:
    dvq3tp0ak528.png

I agree with cj that this is probably the easiest Souls game to get all the trophies in, I think chiefly because you get most of them just by playing the game normally, there's no "oh, sorry, you need to get all the weapons, spells, and miracles but GOSH this particular boss soul is used for like four different things tee hee and oh did you miss cutting that one bosses' tail off?" nonsense to stand in the way.

(And no pure bladestone)

Next up, I die horribly in the DLC.

sig.gif
    cj iwakuraScratchy
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    The final boss of the DLC is beyond aggravating, but somewhat rewarding once you throw caution to the wind and dive right at it.

I found that labyrinth boss fun. Difficult, but not impossible. The two before that were a rush. As for optional bosses...

Am I the only one wishing that
    the doll would have revealed herself as a final boss somehow?

"Welcome home, good hunter.

Now, you must die."
    LIFEBAR
    "THE TIMELESS DOLL"

Well, I think it's a fun thought.

SLJcaRJ.png
  • baudattitudebaudattitude Registered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    The final boss of the DLC is beyond aggravating, but somewhat rewarding once you throw caution to the wind and dive right at it.

I found that labyrinth boss fun. Difficult, but not impossible. The two before that were a rush. As for optional bosses...

Now, you must die."
    LIFEBAR
    "THE TIMELESS DOLL"

I was 110% SURE that was going to be the way Demon's Souls ended when I played it.

sig.gif

Now, you must die."
    LIFEBAR
    "THE TIMELESS DOLL"

Well, they went the other direction with that one.

"A corpse... should be left well alone."

• UselesswarriorUselesswarrior Registered User regular

Now, you must die."
    LIFEBAR
    "THE TIMELESS DOLL"

What do you mean by that?

Hey I made a game, check it out @ http://ifallingrobot.com/. (Or don't, your call)
  • GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII Registered User regular

Now, you must die."
    LIFEBAR
    "THE TIMELESS DOLL"

Maria of the Clocktower from the DLC looks exactly like the doll.

torchlight-sig-80.jpg
    Battletag: Threeve#1501
    PSN: Threeve703
  • ScratchyScratchy Registered User regular
    edited March 22
    Or does the doll
    (dlc spoiler)
    look exactly like Maria

Edit: more spoilery talk about pretty much everything:
    This is all taking place in the past and if they went the whole Manus route with there is one big bad always and basically everything you do furthers his plot or does nothing, I believe it would have been disappointing. I like the fact that there are heroes from the past, like (all the folks you had to murder because they were horrible folks corrupted) That's par the course. But.... there are those folks that can pass the stories down and hunts left untold of. The doll is a man-made thing in my eyes, to defeat the aliens or extra-dimensional beings or whatever the kin are.

Makes sense in my head, gives a little hope.

Scratchy on
    steam_sig.png

Now, you must die."
    LIFEBAR
    "THE TIMELESS DOLL"

Maria of the Clocktower from the DLC looks exactly like the doll.

Yeah, this. I tried to be a bit more obtuse.
    You read the descriptions on Maria's outfit and turns out Gehrman was obsessed with her; the exact order of events is up to personal interpretation here but Gehrman crafted the doll in Maria's image. Maria has the same VA as the doll too. The cutscene before the fight goes out of its way to avoid showing her face directly because she literally is the doll.

• TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    The way the Old Hunter's sort of displays the Yharnam timeline is pretty brilliant.
    The Hunter's Nightmare isn't actually in the past. It's literally a Hunter's personal hell for notable moments in history.

The Burning of Old Yharnam>The Destruction of Cainhurst(This one's easy to miss but the Blood ticks+ all of the bodies in Ludwig's arena is a dead giveaway)>The Research Hall>Literally Innsmouth.

You can even argue that those were all personal hells for everyone involved in the slaughter at the Fishing Hamlet.

It's not unfeasible to assume that Laurence, Ludwig, Maria, and Gherman were all there.

The way the Old Hunter's sort of displays the Yharnam timeline is pretty brilliant.
    The Hunter's Nightmare isn't actually in the past. It's literally a Hunter's personal hell for notable moments in history.

The Burning of Old Yharnam>The Destruction of Cainhurst(This one's easy to miss but the Blood ticks+ all of the bodies in Ludwig's arena is a dead giveaway)>The Research Hall>Literally Innsmouth.

You can even argue that those were all personal hells for everyone involved in the slaughter at the Fishing Hamlet.

It's not unfeasible to assume that Laurence, Ludwig, Maria, and Gherman were all there.
    Ludwig was nearly a generation later I'd say, but Laurence, Maria and Gehrman were all involved with the fishing hamlet incident along with Provost Willem. The entire event is what led to Laurence choosing another path over pure insight and the Byrgenwerth schism.

I feel like I missed a massive amount of lore when I did the Hamlet, because I really don't understand what happened there.

SLJcaRJ.png
  • GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII Registered User regular

I feel like I missed a massive amount of lore when I did the Hamlet, because I really don't understand what happened there.

It's pretty damn obtuse, just like every Souls game.

torchlight-sig-80.jpg
    Battletag: Threeve#1501
    PSN: Threeve703