As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

It's a Magical [chat]

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    I mean, sure, the cable in the mouth thing is kinda silly, but the girl is pretty hot.

• Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    I want a bagel

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    bbx764jbhmf1.png

I don't understand.

I drew this.

How the hell did I draw this?

i don't get it.
    i mean, the hands need a lot of work, and the perspective is wonky, but.........

That's still way above the level i assume i'm at.

@Blameless Cleric @Abdhyius @DasUberEdward @Who else wants to see my art progressing again?

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Someone give me an awful joke for my tinder.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    kedinik wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »
    I find it kind of amazing that there is still a big Brood War professional circuit even though SCII has been out for years now.

well SCII came out when SC had been out like a decade

so I guess people just can't quit it

I don't think SC2 ever became as popular of a spectator sport in Korea as Brood War has remained. At least up until a few years ago.

Local companies built up Brood War and made that market work without much support from or contact with Blizzard.

Blizzard, concurrent with the SC2 release, decided to move into that market, enforce new rules, and look for new income on the basis of their copyrights.

It turned into an ugly turf war—what is fair for the corporations that built up the market versus what is legal to demand under copyright law—that badly stifled the growth of SC2 in the country.

Least that's how I remember it.

Blizzard's total indifference to supporting the existing community and instead trying to force their own on their playerbase (does that ever work?) is part of it

Like, how can you have a competitive e-sport without a lan mode? Riot games doesn't rely on the league of legends servers for e-sport tournaments

Another part of it, and this doesn't get enough attention, is Kespa. Kespa are fucking assholes, for as much as Blizzard wanted to impose their will on the scene, Kespa imposes their will on the players

What's Kespa?

• Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    Nova_C wrote: »
    I mean, sure, the cable in the mouth thing is kinda silly, but the girl is pretty hot.

yes but the man has class

Do u even salad fork

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular

1pz71sgd6lfz.jpg

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options

Are you a parking ticket? Because you got Fine written all over you.

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular

Why do the French only eat one egg for breakfast?

Because one egg is un oeuf.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    I find it kind of amazing that there is still a big Brood War professional circuit even though SCII has been out for years now.

I don't think SC2 ever became as popular of a spectator sport in Korea as Brood War has remained. At least up until a few years ago.

Local companies built up Brood War and made that market work without much support from or contact with Blizzard.

Blizzard, concurrent with the SC2 release, decided to move into that market, enforce new rules, and look for new income on the basis of their copyrights.

It turned into an ugly turf war—what is fair for the corporations that built up the market versus what is legal to demand under copyright law—that badly stifled the growth of SC2 in the country.

Blizzard's total indifference to supporting the existing community and instead trying to force their own on their playerbase (does that ever work?) is part of it

Like, how can you have a competitive e-sport without a lan mode? Riot games doesn't rely on the league of legends servers for e-sport tournaments

Another part of it, and this doesn't get enough attention, is Kespa. Kespa are fucking assholes, for as much as Blizzard wanted to impose their will on the scene, Kespa imposes their will on the players

What's Kespa?

Kespa controls all of the Korean players, think the Screen Actors Guild for professional gamers in Korea

theyve done fun things like banning all players in Korea from playing starcraft 2

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular

Somebody better call God, because he's missing an angel.

Like the ur-awful joke.

• Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    Perhaps I should play

ALPHA PROTOCOL

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    you all had those ready and waiting

page 100 here we come

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular

What's Kespa?

Kespa controls all of the Korean players, think the Screen Actors Guild for professional gamers in Korea

theyve done fun things like banning all players in Korea from playing starcraft 2

The fuck?

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Feral wrote: »

1pz71sgd6lfz.jpg
    Dad humor at its finest

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    a termite walks into a bar, asks, is the bar tender here?

• Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    Ha! The guy who designed Betrayal at House on the Hill is a local. Nifty.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular

What did the coffin say to the other coffin?

Is that you coughin'?

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Does Tinder allow enough words for an aristocrats joke?

• Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Couscous wrote: »
    Does Tinder allow enough words for an aristocrats joke?

Yes.

"We're both on Tinder. Aristocrats!" :bzz:

thatassemblyguy on
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Bogart wrote: »
    All hail Bogart, the guy who won all the boardgames today. Forbidden Stars is pretty great and has many pretty plastic mans, and also I won. Tigris and Euphrates is less pretty but fun and zippy, and also I won. Bang is not great with four people and also I won.

What's Forbidden Stars like?

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Heroes & Generals is a Free2Play Massively Online FPS with a Strategic Multiplayer Campaign, set in the midst of World War II Europe, where the United States, Germany and the Soviet Union all fight each other for control.

....do I dare?

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Q: why is the sky green?

A: it isn't, stupid!

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    What do you call a boomerang that doesn't come back?

A stick.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    A grasshopper walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Hey, we have a drink named after you!"

The grasshopper says, "You have a drink named Steve?"

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    you are all fired

• Options
    Three mice are in a bar bragging about how tough they are. The first one slams down a shot and says, "When I wake up in the morning, I put a little rat poison in my coffee just to give me a great start to the day." The second one slams down a shot and says, "When I see a mousetrap outside my hole, I spring it and do twenty reps on the bar just to work up an appetite." The third one lazily finishes his shot and slides off his stool saying, "Sorry guys, I don't have time for this shit, I gotta go fuck the cat."

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    So I legit just burned 1200 calories in the on-site gym. 90+ minutes of cardio.

I just finished eating a bulky salad with grilled chicken breast.

I am pretty sure I have burned more calories in exercise than I have even eaten today twice over.

This means that when the night comes, my buddy bulliet or Macallan are gonna have an appointment with me, guilt free.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Elki wrote: »
    Started watching Ricky & Morty S2 sometime yesterday, and now it's done. Pretty good season.

Ehhhhh...

i'd say Season 1 was stronger overall, but the good parts of Season 2 are a lot better than the good parts of season 1.

I don't remember it not giving me pleasure, or something to chew at throughout the season. I'll probably watch it again in the future and see what I think about it then. Later, though.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    Orphane wrote: »
    you are all fired

*Puts ficus plant and picture frame into box. Walks sullenly to exit.*

• Options
    @spool32 That TSM vs Immortals game was excellent, A+++ would watch again.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    Perhaps I should play

ALPHA PROTOCOL

Spec stealth, pistols and cqc, never look back.

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe
  • Options
    Cass told a joke about whales a long time ago, and it's still one of my favorite short jokes. It's even better in person.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    you are all fired

*points at sign saying "NO BAD JOKES"*

you knew the rules tag, you knew the rules

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    So I legit just burned 1200 calories in the on-site gym. 90+ minutes of cardio.

I just finished eating a bulky salad with grilled chicken breast.

I am pretty sure I have burned more calories in exercise than I have even eaten today twice over.

This means that when the night comes, my buddy bulliet or Macallan are gonna have an appointment with me, guilt free.

you're glowing with the radiation given off by burning that much that quickly

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Hakkes I hear you are getting 2 feet.

Welcome to the club.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Rick & Morty season 2 introduced me to Chaos Chaos, making it better than season 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTA0DSfrGZ0

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    Two whales are sitting at a bar. The first whale says, "OOOOeeeoooooooOOOOOEEEooooOOOOOOO". The second whale says, "Frank, you're drunk."

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    you are all fired

*points at sign saying "NO BAD JOKES"*

you knew the rules tag, you knew the rules

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAHiHJ2AhYE

This discussion has been closed.