As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Super Best Friends Play] i have to arrest myself for honking my own dick

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Gundi wrote: »
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    You could be a crazy person and read everything that's come out so far in a week or two

Not that i would know anything about that

You're next line is going to be...
    But will... he... UNDERSTAND?

M
    E
    N
    A
    C
    I
    N
    G

• masterofmetroidmasterofmetroid Have you ever looked at a world and seen it as a kind of challenge?Registered User regular
    Part 4 is the best one by the way

5 is almost as good. 6 and 7 are cool in theory but don't spend enough time building the characters

These are my Jojopinions and they are without flaw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAZwVRXepQ0

I really want to like furi, but the fights are just way too long

I love literally everything about it except actually playing

• DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    yeah it looks very cool but as he was explaining how the lives/phases work I was like oh...

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • masterofmetroidmasterofmetroid Have you ever looked at a world and seen it as a kind of challenge?Registered User regular
    I think if they took off two or three pips i wouldn't mind

The more dramatic phase changes are worth keeping, and the life refill mechanics are pretty cool

• EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Huh. So Liam dislikes Afro Samurai as a whole, not just the game.

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »

No waifus.

liEt3nH.png

No waifus.

there is absolutely a waifu!

but they talk about it during the afro samurai 2 playthough, and it boils down to way too much filler for a 6 episode series

they could've boiled it down to a 1 hour long ova and it would've been better for it

Yeah, okay, that's fair to say. I like the series, but I can totally see that complaint.

Yeah, okay, that's fair to say. I like the series, but I can totally see that complaint.

I liked it a lot too, but I think that was mostly because I loved the art and animation and voice acting

I tolerated the plot until the dope final fight

• agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular

No waifus.

but they talk about it during the afro samurai 2 playthough, and it boils down to way too much filler for a 6 episode series

they could've boiled it down to a 1 hour long ova and it would've been better for it

Or just compress it down to an iphone wallpaper

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular

No waifus.

No Liam waifus.

liEt3nH.png
  • Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    It's a shame Pat didn't dig Ghostbusters. I ended up liking it way more than I thought I would.

I mean, it was good enough that I was able to momentarily forget all of the Internet stupidity surrounding that movie.

• Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    If the entire theater is enjoying the movie and you're not than would wager that you probably went in the movie with your mind already made up.

• BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    If the entire theater is enjoying the movie and you're not than would wager that you probably went in the movie with your mind already made up.

It is impossible for a person to dislike ghostbusters without prejudice
    It is the perfect movie

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
    Eh, different people have different feelings. He doesn't need to have pre-judged the movie to have not found it as funny as others around him.

• Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular

http://giphy.com/gifs/mtv-idk-daria-taTlOaBgrxpba

• agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular

Now you laugh for Daria

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
    agoaj wrote: »

Now you laugh for Daria

EXCLUSIVE

I don't even watch Lucha Underground, or wrestling in general, but I still love "Now you [x] for Dario!"

• Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Because everyone who watched the Lumo video was probably curious:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxliyTPui5c

• TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    I am a little sad that the group as a whole glossed over the part of Pat's Ghostbusters experience where he said everybody else around him were laughing.

b1ehrMM.gif
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVEE6NqYrsQ

"I changed my mind, I don't want this."
    "Woolie you chose this."

• manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    Oh man, really looking forward to this one.

Can we get Max in here for an assist? We can see the fire from miles away.

ok there is an izuna drop, it isn't complete trash at least

• ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Nier 19
    "They better not make me do that reading shit again."
    "No, they wouldn't do that again, that'd be dumb."

*FIVE SECONDS LATER*

"SHIT! You lied to me!"
    *maniacal laughter*

keikaku.jpg

Woah, even more surprising.
    This is apparently a three person LP, because Pat's girlfriend just popped in to call him a shit. And it sounds like she's been in the room for most of the recording.

And now she's screaming at Pat about what constitutes a cake.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
    Reynolds wrote: »
    Nier 19
    "They better not make me do that reading shit again."
    "No, they wouldn't do that again, that'd be dumb."

*FIVE SECONDS LATER*

"SHIT! You lied to me!"
    *maniacal laughter*

keikaku.jpg

Woah, even more surprising.
    This is apparently a three person LP, because Pat's girlfriend just popped in to call him a shit. And it sounds like she's been in the room for most of the recording.

And now she's screaming at Pat about what constitutes a cake.

this recording was started when part b started I believe

• BrocksMulletBrocksMullet Into the sunrise, on a jet-ski. Natch.Registered User regular
    Regarding Nier, I understand that there are multiple endings, somehow related to side-quests and weapons and such, how exactly does that work? Is it a crazy time investment, where you have to replay the whole thing multiple times, or grind like crazy for 100+ hours?

I, for one, enjoyed the Mako.

Steam: BrocksMullet http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197972421669/

Regarding Nier, I understand that there are multiple endings, somehow related to side-quests and weapons and such, how exactly does that work? Is it a crazy time investment, where you have to replay the whole thing multiple times, or grind like crazy for 100+ hours?

I ignored every sidequest I could, because most suck, and I finished somewhere in 30-50 hours. I think closer to 30, but it's been a while. You just have to run from story point to story point and keep all your levels/items, so it's just run here kill boss run here skip cutscene.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Once you beat the game the first time, you can restart around the 60% point and there will be new scenes and stuff, leading to the second ending. Then after that you restart at the 60% point once more and you have to collect all the weapons to unlock endings three and four (you make a choice between them). It's not really a big deal, since you're so overpowered on the repeat playthroughs you can rush through everything way faster. In fact you have to hold off on killing bosses too quickly in order to hear all the new dialogue on the second playthrough, and the third playthrough has no new scenes until the final boss so skipping them makes it go by even quicker. (might have to use a guide to know which sidequests give out weapons though)

Moth 13 on
  • BrocksMulletBrocksMullet Into the sunrise, on a jet-ski. Natch.Registered User regular
    Reynolds wrote: »

I ignored every sidequest I could, because most suck, and I finished somewhere in 30-50 hours. I think closer to 30, but it's been a while. You just have to run from story point to story point and keep all your levels/items, so it's just run here kill boss run here skip cutscene.

So I take it you do have to replay the game, no reloading earlier saves, one ending available per playthrough.

edited July 2016

You play through the game once.

Then you start New Game +, which starts halfway through the game, at the time skip. Various... stuff happens on that playthrough that changes the story a fair bit, at least for the viewer. You get another ending after that.

If you get all the weapons on a new game +, the story continues after the final scene, with one more boss, and then a choice of which ending to get right at the end.

Total of 4 endings, with the biggest grind being finding all the weapons.

Enlong on
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited July 2016

No. The only grindy stuff is required to get the Platinum Trophy.

Ending A is playing the game the first time.
    NG+ drops you off in the 2nd half of the game with entirely new added cutscenes and dialog. Beat it for ending B.
    Ending C & D are unlocked by simply acquiring all the weapons which isn't hard. A couple are from some 2nd half sidequests. Some are in chests. Some have to be made with materials.

vagrant_winds on
    // Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
    edited July 2016
    Thanks peeps! So, ending A-> Ending B + C/D.

BrocksMullet on

ok there is an izuna drop, it isn't complete trash at least

Speaking of Izuna Drops, Ninja Gaiden would make for a great playthrough. Good mix of awesomeness/amazing stupidity, decent environment and gameplay variety, reasonable length. Prime SBF material.

• vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Izuna Drops are also in Warriors Orochi 3. Just saying.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    JoJopinions
    Part 6 has the best JoJo and gets points for the craziest ending possible

Part 2 is top to bottom my favorite as a whole

JoJopinions
    Part 6 has the best JoJo and gets points for the craziest ending possible

Part 2 is top to bottom my favorite as a whole

Basically totally agree. I never finished 4 or 5 though, and never really got far into 7 or 8. I should try to catch up. Or just wait a few years for the anime...

uyvfOQy.png
    pat is going to lose his mind at ending D in nier btw

that is some of the absolute heaviest shit

This discussion has been closed.