As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Harry Potter and the Holy Shit New Trailer

15678911»

• SASA Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Man. I feel all insecure about liking Harry Potter.

Its not my fault that I was the target audience when the first book came out. I need to find out what happens dammit.

SA on
    WoW: Revash (Cho'Gall)
    3DS: 5241-1953-7031
  • Dublo7Dublo7 Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    if the 7th book is spoiled for me, I will fucking murder a baby goat in front of a classroom of children.

I will be that mad.

Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2007
    Dublo7 wrote: »
    if the 7th book is spoiled for me, I will fucking murder a baby goat in front of a classroom of children.

I will be that mad.

I'd shut myself off from the internet and other media then. I bet 10 copper Knuts that theres going to be another "Snape kills Dumbledor olol" fad.

SA on
  • ZephosZephos Climbin in yo ski lifts, snatchin your people up. MichiganRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    SA wrote: »

I will be that mad.

I'd shut myself off from the internet and other media then. I bet 10 copper Knuts that theres going to be another "Snape kills Dumbledor olol" fad.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoOoOoOoooOooooooooooo

YOU BITCH!

Zephos on
    Xbox One/360: Penguin McCool
  • iusehappymodiusehappymod Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Zephos wrote: »

I will be that mad.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoOoOoOoooOooooooooooo

YOU BITCH!

Way to go.

iusehappymod on

Hamlet will be Hamlet
    An ineffable tragedy of the human spirit that still resonates, even today.
  • DislexicDislexic Creepy Uncle Bad Touch Your local playgroundRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007

I will be that mad.

They're bronze knuts, not copper.

Loser.

Dislexic on
    batsig.jpg
  • CarnivoreCarnivore Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    It's not gonna be a problem for me. I'll just read it all in one sitting and come spoil it for you guys.

You will log on to the forums, look in SE and a thread will be there with the title 'OH MY GOD HARRY POTTER DIES' or whatever the huge revelation is (Voldemort is Harrys father, im not even kidding it will be that) and I will be banned and you will all hate me but your anguish will sustain me through the hard times.

muhahaha

Carnivore on
    hihi.jpg
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    So I just saw Harry Potter's wang.

He also has a cool hat and a body guard.

KalTorak on
    edited April 2007
    KalTorak wrote: »

So you saw the play where he bones the horse?

SA on
    edited April 2007

Equus is a fabulous play.

I hope you didn't go just to see harrys weenis.

iusehappymod on

Hamlet will be Hamlet
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    what's the play with the boy's penis about

mrpaku on
    edited April 2007
    mrpaku wrote: »

Boning hippogriffs or something like that.

SA on
  • BedigumxBedigumx Registered User regular
    edited April 2007

So you saw the play where he bones the horse?

oddly enough no, he did not see the play

Bedigumx on
  • RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited April 2007
    mrpaku wrote: »

Boning hippogriffs or something like that.

TEN POINTS FOR DUMBLEDORE!

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited April 2007

Nah, it was for a class. Forty pounds would be pretty steep just to scope out a donger.

The play was fantastic; Radcliffe definitely has acting chops well beyond just looking like Harry Potter. Actually the guy who plays Uncle Vernon played the other lead and was excellent as well. Really a very impressive production, well-designed, well-acted, but those two blew me away.

Also we sat behind the parents of the actress who plays the girl he tries to have sex with (who also gets naked). The father was all "I haven't seen her in the nude since she was 5." It was a bit awkward.

KalTorak on
    edited April 2007

Nah, it was for a class. Forty pounds would be pretty steep just to scope out a donger.

The play was fantastic; Radcliffe definitely has acting chops well beyond just looking like Harry Potter. Actually the guy who plays Uncle Vernon played the other lead and was excellent as well. Really a very impressive production, well-designed, well-acted, but those two blew me away.

Also we sat behind the parents of the actress who plays the girl he tries to have sex with (who also gets naked). The father was all "I haven't seen her in the nude since she was 5." It was a bit awkward.

If I lived in England, I'd be all over that shit.

The play, I mean. I love it.

iusehappymod on

Hamlet will be Hamlet
  • TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    edited April 2007

Was the naked former-5-year-old hot?

TankHammer on
    edited April 2007

You'll have to be more specific. Theres two naked people in the show, both of whom were five at one time.

iusehappymod on

Hamlet will be Hamlet
    edited April 2007

You'll have to be more specific. Theres two naked people in the show, both of whom were five at one time.

The one specifically sighted to have once been five and naked in front of her father. Jeez! The female one!

TankHammer on
    edited April 2007
    I mean we all know what Harry Potter looks like.

TankHammer on
    edited April 2007

The one specifically sighted to have once been five and naked in front of her father. Jeez! The female one!

In all seriousness, I think she played the same role in the original run of the show, so shes probably like... 50 now.

iusehappymod on

Hamlet will be Hamlet
    edited April 2007

In all seriousness, I think she played the same role in the original run of the show, so shes probably like... 50 now.

So you were sitting behind her 70-year-old parents then?

TankHammer on
    edited April 2007

What? she was like 25. And quite hot. Sported a landing strip.

KalTorak on
  • TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I honestly can't think of Equus without thinking of that 2nd grade production in Virginia last year.

Disturbing.

Taramoor on
    edited April 2007

What? she was like 25. And quite hot. Sported a landing strip.

equuspre3.jpg
    you mean it wasn't her?

iusehappymod on

Hamlet will be Hamlet
    edited April 2007
    equuspre3.jpg
    you mean it wasn't her?

That looks like her. You think she looks 50?

KalTorak on
  • Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    The best harry potter related news I ever heard was when I found out that daniel radcliffe hadn't read the books as of like, the third movie

Skull Man on
  • saint2esaint2e Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Taramoor wrote: »
    I honestly can't think of Equus without thinking of that 2nd grade production in Virginia last year.

Disturbing.

Wait, what?

saint2e on
    banner_160x60_01.gif
    edited April 2007
    I'd say between 36-45.

iusehappymod on

Hamlet will be Hamlet
    edited April 2007
    I'd say between 36-45.

She's 25.

KalTorak on
  • TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    saint2e wrote: »

Disturbing.

Wait, what?

The news story:
    Second-Graders Wow Audience With School Production Of Equus

NEWPORT NEWS, VA—Second-grade students at Franklin Elementary School impressed parents, teachers, and fellow students with their recent production of Peter Shaffer's Equus Friday.
    Enlarge Image Second-Graders Wow Audience With School Production Of <I>Equus</I>

Alan Strang (Kyle Keever, 7) prepares to blind a horse (Kate Piper, 7).

The avant-garde play, described by audience members as "adorable," was originally produced in London in 1973. The story revolves around troubled 17-year-old Alan Strang, played by Kyle Keever, 7, and his encounters with his psychiatrist after he blinds six horses with a metal spike. The play focuses on the causes underlying a seemingly senseless act of violence, and forces characters and audience members alike to confront questions of responsibility and ultimate meaning.

"The kids loved it," teacher and director Michael Komarek said. "Once they stopped screaming about horses getting their eyes gouged out and realized that it was just a launching point for more complex ideas about alienation from the modern world, they rolled up their sleeves and dug right in."

Despite its truncated 30-minute length and shoestring budget, the production—which received a standing ovation from a sold-out crowd of 65 in the school cafeteria—attested to the resonant themes of Shaffer's play.

"They really made it work," said proud parent Melanie Keever. "The producers achieved a very convincing effect of real blood spewing from the agonized animals' eye sockets using Karo syrup and red paper streamers."

"It tasted good, too!" said Kyle Keever, who was unable to resist licking some Karo syrup off of his hands during the eye-gouging scene.

With only nine speaking roles, there was some concern that the children wouldn't all get parts. However, the dream sequence—in which therapist Martin Dysart appears as a gold-masked pagan priest ritualistically cutting children's hearts from their chests—enabled every member of the class to get some stage time.

There were several moments of unexpected levity, such as 7-year-old Cheyenne Behling's inability to pronounce "Agamemnon."

"I had fun," said Behling. "I got to wear a fake beard."

Calling the show a "real hoot," the audience cheered the players on as the psycho-sexual nightmare unfolded. Many said they were pleasantly surprised by the deft execution of several more mature scenes, such as Jill and Alan's abortive sexual encounter in the stable.

"I am so proud of Bailey," said Roy DeForest, referring to his 8-year-old daughter, who played Jill. "She saw me with my video camera while she was doing the scene, and she smiled like she was the happiest girl on earth. But then she hopped right back into character."

DeForest added: "She's a little Julia Roberts!"

The performance was not without glitches. Early on, during a scene in which Alan is simultaneously in Dysart's office and surrounded by horses in the stable, a child portraying a horse lost his mask. In the ensuing confusion and giggling, Keever forgot his lines and fled from the stage weeping. Luckily, Komarek was able to coax Keever back onstage, and the re-entrance was greeted with thunderous applause.

"When Kyle screamed, 'Kill me! Kill me!' there wasn't a man, woman, or child unmoved," Komarek said.

During the cookie-and-Kool-Aid reception following the play, many agreed that Gina Helms, 7, was adorable with baby-powdered "gray" hair. Others reflected on whether Behling's stumble was a Method-derived interpretation of Dysart's internal struggle, or merely a happy accident.

Proud grandfather Jeremy Friedman said the fluorescent lighting of the cafeteria and the construction-paper set honored the play's original minimalist staging.

"I had the pleasure of seeing Equus on Broadway in the mid-'70s, and was struck by the lack of props and the portrayal of the horses by human actors," Friedman said. "I felt that the freshness of those innovations was honored tonight—and the kids looked cute in their little outfits."

Friedman added that the way the cast sat Indian-style around the periphery of the makeshift stage was "exactly the way it was done in the Hopkins-Firth staging."

Komarek, however, had his thoughts on the upcoming spring play.

"I love awakening the passion for drama and storytelling in the children," Komarek said. "Nothing's been finalized, but I'm eyeing Aristophanes' Frogs. I love the dislocation of verse in the play's stichic passages, and the kids love animals."

Link to original story

Taramoor on
    edited April 2007
    Skull Man wrote: »
    The best harry potter related news I ever heard was when I found out that daniel radcliffe hadn't read the books as of like, the third movie

Thats pretty funny.

SA on
  • DislexicDislexic Creepy Uncle Bad Touch Your local playgroundRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007

Disturbing.

Wait, what?

The news story:
    Second-Graders Wow Audience With School Production Of Equus

NEWPORT NEWS, VA—Second-grade students at Franklin Elementary School impressed parents, teachers, and fellow students with their recent production of Peter Shaffer's Equus Friday.
    Enlarge Image Second-Graders Wow Audience With School Production Of <I>Equus</I>

Alan Strang (Kyle Keever, 7) prepares to blind a horse (Kate Piper, 7).

The avant-garde play, described by audience members as "adorable," was originally produced in London in 1973. The story revolves around troubled 17-year-old Alan Strang, played by Kyle Keever, 7, and his encounters with his psychiatrist after he blinds six horses with a metal spike. The play focuses on the causes underlying a seemingly senseless act of violence, and forces characters and audience members alike to confront questions of responsibility and ultimate meaning.

"The kids loved it," teacher and director Michael Komarek said. "Once they stopped screaming about horses getting their eyes gouged out and realized that it was just a launching point for more complex ideas about alienation from the modern world, they rolled up their sleeves and dug right in."

Despite its truncated 30-minute length and shoestring budget, the production—which received a standing ovation from a sold-out crowd of 65 in the school cafeteria—attested to the resonant themes of Shaffer's play.

"They really made it work," said proud parent Melanie Keever. "The producers achieved a very convincing effect of real blood spewing from the agonized animals' eye sockets using Karo syrup and red paper streamers."

"It tasted good, too!" said Kyle Keever, who was unable to resist licking some Karo syrup off of his hands during the eye-gouging scene.

With only nine speaking roles, there was some concern that the children wouldn't all get parts. However, the dream sequence—in which therapist Martin Dysart appears as a gold-masked pagan priest ritualistically cutting children's hearts from their chests—enabled every member of the class to get some stage time.

There were several moments of unexpected levity, such as 7-year-old Cheyenne Behling's inability to pronounce "Agamemnon."

"I had fun," said Behling. "I got to wear a fake beard."

Calling the show a "real hoot," the audience cheered the players on as the psycho-sexual nightmare unfolded. Many said they were pleasantly surprised by the deft execution of several more mature scenes, such as Jill and Alan's abortive sexual encounter in the stable.

"I am so proud of Bailey," said Roy DeForest, referring to his 8-year-old daughter, who played Jill. "She saw me with my video camera while she was doing the scene, and she smiled like she was the happiest girl on earth. But then she hopped right back into character."

DeForest added: "She's a little Julia Roberts!"

The performance was not without glitches. Early on, during a scene in which Alan is simultaneously in Dysart's office and surrounded by horses in the stable, a child portraying a horse lost his mask. In the ensuing confusion and giggling, Keever forgot his lines and fled from the stage weeping. Luckily, Komarek was able to coax Keever back onstage, and the re-entrance was greeted with thunderous applause.

"When Kyle screamed, 'Kill me! Kill me!' there wasn't a man, woman, or child unmoved," Komarek said.

During the cookie-and-Kool-Aid reception following the play, many agreed that Gina Helms, 7, was adorable with baby-powdered "gray" hair. Others reflected on whether Behling's stumble was a Method-derived interpretation of Dysart's internal struggle, or merely a happy accident.

Proud grandfather Jeremy Friedman said the fluorescent lighting of the cafeteria and the construction-paper set honored the play's original minimalist staging.

"I had the pleasure of seeing Equus on Broadway in the mid-'70s, and was struck by the lack of props and the portrayal of the horses by human actors," Friedman said. "I felt that the freshness of those innovations was honored tonight—and the kids looked cute in their little outfits."

Friedman added that the way the cast sat Indian-style around the periphery of the makeshift stage was "exactly the way it was done in the Hopkins-Firth staging."

Komarek, however, had his thoughts on the upcoming spring play.

"I love awakening the passion for drama and storytelling in the children," Komarek said. "Nothing's been finalized, but I'm eyeing Aristophanes' Frogs. I love the dislocation of verse in the play's stichic passages, and the kids love animals."

Link to original story

OH, OH GOD, DEAR LORD THANK YOU.

Dislexic on
    batsig.jpg
  • saint2esaint2e Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Thank goodness that was the onion's story. It was just crazy enough that it had me going for a while.

saint2e on
    banner_160x60_01.gif
  • Buddy LeeBuddy Lee Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Thank goodness that was the onion's story. It was just crazy enough that it had me going for a while.

Haha, I didn't even realize that it was The Onion's story. I was really wondering why nobody was reported complaining.

Buddy Lee on
    Join Penny-Arcaders in EPL Fantasy Futbol! Click to see details.

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/my-leagues/

The join code for the CLASSIC league: 214755-65927

The join code for the HEAD-TO-HEAD league: 5294-3346