As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The [Wrestling Thread] is going to cry for a few days, if that's ok with everyone

• wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    I know it's been said but Carmella has improved SO MUCH since she started in NXT it's amazing.

She really has

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
    edited February 2016
    Damn, Bubba cut a hell of a heel promo. And them giving up breaking tables is a brilliant way to get them hated so kudos to whomever thought that up.

wirehead26 on
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    https://youtu.be/gPdD5ginK4I

Tyler has started his own weekly Q&A

It is called Shootin' The Breeze with Tyler....Breeze.

There is good in this world

CYpGAPn.png
  • PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    Listening to this as I catch up with NJPW so I don't have ot hear Stryker and Kevin Kelly on commentary...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmeP06fMfcE

The Sexy Star beef with AAA, yeesh. You know AAA is in the dumps when one of your champions voluntarily gives up a belt because she thinks it's worthless.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    Ah, the YouTube show

The last refuge of desperate wrestlers

Sasha and Naomi had a pretty darn good match there even with some noticeably sloppy moments.

Listening to this as I catch up with NJPW so I don't have ot hear Stryker and Kevin Kelly on commentary...

The Sexy Star beef with AAA, yeesh. You know AAA is in the dumps when one of your champions voluntarily gives up a belt because she thinks it's worthless.

What time do they start talking about AAA?

Whippy wrote: »
    Ah, the YouTube show

There is GOOD in this WORLD, Whippy

CYpGAPn.png
    Ah, the YouTube show

wait I watched it nevermind that was incredible

• PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »

What time do they start talking about AAA?

14:00

Mwx884o.jpg
  • hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular
    I'm only just past the Portal/Zombified match and yeah, this was the right call. Everything about this is trashy and awful and I can't look away.

Ah, the YouTube show

At least Xavier has one and is in good standings.

Blankzilla wrote: »
    Ah, the YouTube show

There is GOOD in this WORLD, Whippy

maybe he can wrestle zack ryder for the irrelevant championship belt

I wish them both the best in their future endeavors

Oh, sorry, internet championship. Dang autocorrect

• The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    Oh, sorry, internet championship. Dang autocorrect

i mean, it didn't fuck it up at all really

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
    Whippy why are you hurting me like this

CYpGAPn.png

Why do we fall down, master blank

Why do we fall down, master blank
    BECAUSE YOU KEEP PUSHING ME

CYpGAPn.png
  • Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    the miz should do a youtube show

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    the Miz should do commentary

• HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    The Miz is too A-list for Youtube

Is the joke here he already had one

Miz already had a great YouTube show with Morrison.

• Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular

what the fuck's a joke

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    So I've not watched wrestling in.... it could be almost 10 years really. At least 7 or 8, I've totally lost track. But because of this thread that I stumbled upon when poking around bored, I got a bit of a desire to peek into it again. I watched the first episode of Lucha Underground's 2nd season, then watched the latest episode of ROH on their website. After that, and despite the fact that the results had been spoiled for me (by reading the previous version of this thread), I signed up for the WWE Network's free month so I could watch the Royal Rumble.

I really liked the Last Man Standing match, and I can see why people mark like crazy over Kevin Owens. He's pretty rad. I also liked Dean Ambrose, though by the end of the night I was already tired of that silly rope move he does. I also really fucking liked The New Day, though I think the WWE is going to be in a bit of a spot trying to put a team against them, what with the way they absolutely dominate the spotlight in a match. It's crazy.

Unlike lots of other people, I thought the Women's Title match was complete garbage. Now, don't get me wrong, Becky was fucking amazing and looked to be a better wrestler than a good number of the men on the card that same night, but I found Charlotte to be an absolute waste. She let Becky carry the vast majority of that match, and most of her offense came by way of rest holds. The finish was just piling garbage on more garbage, and then that other lady coming in pretty much made it all look like a giant snub against the only talented wrestler in that match. Why not have Becky win and then have her go against the other (sorry that her name escapes me just now, keep in mind this is all super new to me again).

Then, the Rumble. Pretty great overall I think, but let me say this: I have never before this viewing seen Roman Reigns wrestle. I remember catching a small portion of RAW quite awhile ago where his faction (Shield?) had just broken up because one of the guys betrayed him, and they were trying to make him look all tough and brooding in the locker room. At the time I remember thinking, "Is this their big star now?" but honestly had no idea how big he was.

Fast forward to tonight.

I already hate Reigns. I hate that the whole match was about him when there were some other awesome dudes in there who put on a much better show. I hate that they pulled the whole, "Authority comes to beat him up so he can rest for a half hour" schtick which he later did a no-sell on by charging in the ring like he was fresh from the locker room (which he was). I never want to hear, "Superman Punch!" again. Also, he couldn't even have a reaction when tossed out by HHH, anger or disappointment or anything... just that same stupid look on his face. Overall, fuck that guy.

The rest of the match was pretty great, as I said. I personally thought the biggest mis-step by far (aside from everything involving Roman) was letting the Wyatts come back into the ring and eliminate Lesnar, then having him just walk away. First of all, if anyone can just interfere with impunity, then why doesn't everyone just do that? Because it's stupid. No DQ is fine, but there also needs to be a, "People not in the Rumble aren't allowed to come in and eliminate competitors" rule... and not 'rule' in an officially-stated thing that gets broken by heels, but a 'do not fucking do this because it hurts the quality of matches' rule.

Anyhow, I don't know if I'm officially back into wrestling or anything, but I'm definitely going to do more watching for the time being. My parting words for this post are that I probably should have watched WWE before those other promotions, because the quality of ring-work is just astonishing. WWE pales.

Toxic Pickle on
    I can't believe there is more than one terrorist themed cow on this fucking show.

edited February 2016
    So I've not watched wrestling in.... it could be almost 10 years really. At least 7 or 8, I've totally lost track. But because of this thread that I stumbled upon when poking around bored, I got a bit of a desire to peek into it again. I watched the first episode of Lucha Underground's 2nd season, then watched the latest episode of ROH on their website. After that, and despite the fact that the results had been spoiled for me (by reading the previous version of this thread), I signed up for the WWE Network's free month so I could watch the Royal Rumble.

I really liked the Last Man Standing match, and I can see why people mark like crazy over Kevin Owens. He's pretty rad. I also liked Dean Ambrose, though by the end of the night I was already tired of that silly rope move he does. I also really fucking liked The New Day, though I think the WWE is going to be in a bit of a spot trying to put a team against them, what with the way they absolutely dominate the spotlight in a match. It's crazy.

Unlike lots of other people, I thought the Women's Title match was complete garbage. Now, don't get me wrong, Becky was fucking amazing and looked to be a better wrestler than a good number of the men on the card that same night, but I found Charlotte to be an absolute waste. She let Becky carry the vast majority of that match, and most of her offense came by way of rest holds. The finish was just piling garbage on more garbage, and then that other lady coming in pretty much made it all look like a giant snub against the only talented wrestler in that match. Why not have Becky win and then have her go against the other (sorry that her name escapes me just now, keep in mind this is all super new to me again).

Then, the Rumble. Pretty great overall I think, but let me say this: I have never before this viewing seen Roman Reigns wrestle. I remember catching a small portion of RAW quite awhile ago where his faction (Shield?) had just broken up because one of the guys betrayed him, and they were trying to make him look all tough and brooding in the locker room. At the time I remember thinking, "Is this their big star now?" but honestly had no idea how big he was.

Fast forward to tonight.

I already hate Reigns. I hate that the whole match was about him when there were some other awesome dudes in there who put on a much better show. I hate that they pulled the whole, "Authority comes to beat him up so he can rest for a half hour" schtick which he later did a no-sell on by charging in the ring like he was fresh from the locker room (which he was). I never want to hear, "Superman Punch!" again. Also, he couldn't even have a reaction when tossed out by HHH, anger or disappointment or anything... just that same stupid look on his face. Overall, fuck that guy.

The rest of the match was pretty great, as I said. I personally thought the biggest mis-step by far was letting the Wyatts come back into the ring and eliminate Lesnar, then having him just walk away. First of all, if anyone can just interfere with impunity, then why doesn't everyone just do that? Because it's stupid. No DQ is fine, but there also needs to be a, "People not in the Rumble aren't allowed to come in and eliminate competitors" rule... and not 'rule' in an officially-stated thing that gets broken by heels, but a 'do not fucking do this because it hurts the quality of matches' rule.

Anyhow, I don't know if I'm officially back into wrestling or anything, but I'm definitely going to do more watching for the time being. My parting words for this post are that I probably should have watched WWE before those other promotions, because the quality of ring-work is just astonishing. WWE pales.

Opinions and all but holy shit you are wrong about Charlotte.

As for Roman, well, about the only way WWE is going to get him consistently cheered again is by reforming the Shield. And it reads like you'll never like him anyway.

wirehead26 on
    wirehead26 wrote: »

Opinions and all but holy shit you are wrong about Charlotte.

As for Roman, well, about the only way WWE is going to get him consistently cheered again is by reforming the Shield. And it reads like you'll never like him anyway.

I'm completely willing to be wrong about Charlotte. Again, that was the only match I've seen of her, and I thought she was awful the whole way through. I'm open to having my mind changed.

• SproutSprout Registered User regular
    "Awful" is overstating it a bit, but Charlotte is definitely the least of the Horsewomen.

(I don't like Charlotte that much either)

And unless you want to keep the Network for NXT (which is a good reason) Roman is going to be the focal point of the company for the time being, Shield reunion or not.

• SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    I can't believe there is more than one terrorist themed cow on this fucking show.

I have no idea what you are talking about but very happy to have read that sentence.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
    Other than the Rumble, NXT is the only WWE show I've watched so far. I might just keep it that way. :D

Charlotte might be the "lesser" of the four but she's still grown leaps and bounds since her start and finally found a character to sink her teeth into.

Other than the Rumble, NXT is the only WWE show I've watched so far. I might just keep it that way. :D

I'd give it till Mania and if you still mostly aren't interested in what's going on on Raw just stick with NXT.

• nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
    I like Charlotte as a heel, but I think her spear looks terrible most of the time.

• KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    charlotte is solid but unexceptional

except for her spear, which is trash

My power went out the second Giant Tiger started to talk.

• nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
    Kilroy wrote: »
    charlotte is solid but unexceptional

except for her spear, which is trash

Sounds about right.

what the fuck's a joke
    You are

CYpGAPn.png