As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Star Wars [Galaxy of Heroes]. Why Yes, Kylo, You Can Be on Vader's Team.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Le_Goat wrote: »
    ObiFett wrote: »
    So I super love my Aayla Secura I got as my first free character. I finally unlocked the Cantina battle that lets me farm her shards.

How would you make a team around her? Or what kind of team would she fit in well with?

I was thinking a Counter/Assist squad. So something like Fives and QGJ for the Assist, Daka and Royal Guard as good assist targets (Daka also for heals and RG for Taunt) with Aayla rounding it out as she can assist and counter with Fives? Issue with that is the damage output feels like it would be super low.
    I've gotten wrecked by Aayla paired with Ima-Gun Di (leader) and Anakin. Those three together with IGD as leader are pretty vicious.

Ima-Gun Di seemed like a solid character to farm as soon as I finish my current (kind of janky) squad, glad to know he is actually useful.

My current (arena/cantina/gw) squad is Leader-Mace (6-VII), Aayla (5-VII), Luminara (6-VII), Boba Fett (5-VIII), Daka (4-VII). Its worked well for me so far until I get some of the more synergistic characters like Wedge, Droids, Jawas, Ewoks, etc up and running. Also, Daka is running a bit behind so I might slot in Lando (6-VII) but I love her stuns too much on top of the secondary healer and revive role.

• Options
    Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    I'd focus on Lando before working IGD. Some people in my guild voiced frustrations with IGD, but I've gotten my ass handed to me with that lineup. Still, Lando is so amazingly OP, it's not even funny.

While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I finally had the smuggler team to take down the last rank of the training droid event. Even then it was several unsuccessful runs to my successful one.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    So I super love my Aayla Secura I got as my first free character. I finally unlocked the Cantina battle that lets me farm her shards.

How would you make a team around her? Or what kind of team would she fit in well with?

I was thinking a Counter/Assist squad. So something like Fives and QGJ for the Assist, Daka and Royal Guard as good assist targets (Daka also for heals and RG for Taunt) with Aayla rounding it out as she can assist and counter with Fives? Issue with that is the damage output feels like it would be super low.
    I've gotten wrecked by Aayla paired with Ima-Gun Di (leader) and Anakin. Those three together with IGD as leader are pretty vicious.

I was silly when I first started and bought packs, so my team currently consists of Ima Gun-Di, Aayla, Mace, Luminara, and Ahsoka.

When they fire off, it is amazing, but it is pure feast or famine.

• Options
    kaidkaid Registered User regular
    I'd focus on Lando before working IGD. Some people in my guild voiced frustrations with IGD, but I've gotten my ass handed to me with that lineup. Still, Lando is so amazingly OP, it's not even funny.

Lando is basically the answer to stealther teams for finishing off somebody at low health. He is also so much win unlocking stuff his AOE especially with ackbar where he can do it two times in a row is just devastating.

• Options
    CobellCobell Registered User regular
    So as it gets increasingly expensive to level characters post 50, is there a rough lvl I should keep my lower use heroes outside of my dual teams for GW? Should I just keep them around 50 so they can at least make use of various cobbled mods?

Also, I really wish I had listened when people told me to get QGJ as highest priority for my cantina marks

• Options
    Basically for GW I generally would aim for keep a couple squads as close to your level cap as you can manage. There will be times when resources won't allow that to happen but you will have easier times doing full clears on GW when you have a sacrificial team that can be used if you need to wear down some cheeseball comp.

• Options
    So now that there aren't any tournaments on the docket, how long until nothing but tournaments are the next events?

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ApostateApostate Prince SpaceRegistered User regular
    kaid wrote: »

Lando is basically the answer to stealther teams for finishing off somebody at low health. He is also so much win unlocking stuff his AOE especially with ackbar where he can do it two times in a row is just devastating.

Lando is kind of the answer for a lot of things. Put him behind a couple robust tanks, mod him up with some crit mods, and then just DD over and over FTW. His only weakness is he's a little squishy and other AOEs or attacks that ignore taunts can get to him.

• Options
    Yep lando's weakness is his health. But when you're running into a biggs, wedge, rey, leia team its hard to focus solely on him.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    The biggest thing to remember with GW is that the difficulty is scaled based on your 5 strongest toons. Keeping 3 squads with strengths near your top 5 will give you a very high chance of GW success.

I found this out way too late and it has taken me around 4 months to correct. Don't make the same mistake I made by being too top heavy with 1 squad.

• Options
    edited January 2017
    Apostate wrote: »
    kaid wrote: »

Lando is kind of the answer for a lot of things. Put him behind a couple robust tanks, mod him up with some crit mods, and then just DD over and over FTW. His only weakness is he's a little squishy and other AOEs or attacks that ignore taunts can get to him.
    Going on with what Preacher said, the best thing you can do with Lando is not only put him behind a tank, but also put another power hitter with him. If Lando is behind two tanks and no other heavy hitter, I just burn Lando down with ease; even with RG, my droid AoEs will take him out after he's yellow.

If he is with someone like Rey, Palp, or Wiggs, then I'm stuck trying to figure out what to do. On one hand, I want Palp out of there because shock is detrimental to my HK lead ability; when Rey hits hard, she can one-shot; Wiggs needs no explanation. On the other, Lando's AoE is OP and going to fuck my whole team up quickly. With that in mind, I try to avoid teams like that, because my chances are slim.

Le_Goat on
  • Options
    GuibsGuibs Weekend Warrior Somewhere up North.Registered User regular
    Guibs wrote: »
    They added new tanks to the game that starts the round with taunt on right away. This is HUGE in arena. We have the shoretrooper on the empire side and Baze Malbus on the rebel side. My droid team sometimes can't dispel their taunt fast enough even with B2 since it comes back so easily and the wiggs team just tear down my jawa engineer in one turn and after this, IG-88.
    Droids have a tough time with tanks, especially if there are two. Auto tanks only compound the problem since you can't cut anybody down before they trigger. I almost never try to take on team with an auto tank if I can help it when running droids.

I guess you could bring along QGJ or Mace to break the taunt, but then you're losing some significant synergy.

I'm fine with Tanks since I have B2 on my team.

jswidget.php?username=Guibs&numitems=10&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=center&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
    PSN: Guibs25 | XboxLive: Guibs | Steam: Guibsx | Twitch: Guibsx
  • Options
    GuibsGuibs Weekend Warrior Somewhere up North.Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Yep lando's weakness is his health. But when you're running into a biggs, wedge, rey, leia team its hard to focus solely on him.

The team that gives my droid team (HK, 88, 86, Jawa Engineer, B2) is a team of Wedge (L), Biggs, Emperror palpatine, Rey, Lando.

It's hard to pick your first target. Usually I go for Rey and I can take her out before she can even hit once, but after this, Biggs goes with his special and it hit really hard. Then you have Palpatine that stunt lock the entire team and lando that keeps landing criticals with his AOE. If Rey is not on that team, Wedge is my first target. Once he is out, Biggs's special is not that threatening and after this I go for Either lando or palpatine and save biggs for last (with his evade buff, he is annoying to try to kill before the end).

jswidget.php?username=Guibs&numitems=10&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=center&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
    PSN: Guibs25 | XboxLive: Guibs | Steam: Guibsx | Twitch: Guibsx
  • Options

Honestly lando's health is pretty decent for an attacker. There are a lot of them much squishier than he is.

• Options
    Guibs wrote: »

The team that gives my droid team (HK, 88, 86, Jawa Engineer, B2) is a team of Wedge (L), Biggs, Emperror palpatine, Rey, Lando.

It's hard to pick your first target. Usually I go for Rey and I can take her out before she can even hit once, but after this, Biggs goes with his special and it hit really hard. Then you have Palpatine that stunt lock the entire team and lando that keeps landing criticals with his AOE. If Rey is not on that team, Wedge is my first target. Once he is out, Biggs's special is not that threatening and after this I go for Either lando or palpatine and save biggs for last (with his evade buff, he is annoying to try to kill before the end).
    Actually that isn't too bad for my droid team. Without them having a tank I can usually ability block several of them with 88's RF who then immediately gets another attack and Hk can follow up with a grenade hopefully ability blocking more of them. Then it's just a matter of who isn't blocked and concentrate on them with Nebit's Desert Ambush, which stealths JE to keep him from getting ganged, and 86s assist shot. Alternatively, depending when he acts, I can use Nebit's taunt which also reduces all my cooldowns if that is the better path given all the variables.

Of course all of that depends on some RNG. If someone misses at the wrong time it can all go south fast. There's not a lot of room for error.

• Options
    edited January 2017
    With a team like that, I've been saving Rey for later. Lando and Palp would be my first target. As Apostate said, 88's and HK's AoE should ability block most everyone. I'd make my first move between the two on which had DEF down, as they'll go quicker. Biggs would be my last target, as Adrenaline Rush can really mess up your team if you attack him and other enemies are still standing. Taking out a few people reduces Wedge's leader/unique, so he's more of my middle target.

BUUUUUTTTTT.......
    Of course all of that depends on some RNG. If someone misses at the wrong time it can all go south fast. There's not a lot of room for error.

Le_Goat on
  • Options
    CobellCobell Registered User regular
    So with Lando, is it worth bothering with crit damage mods? or should i just slap all crit chance on him?

• Options
    Cobell wrote: »
    So with Lando, is it worth bothering with crit damage mods? or should i just slap all crit chance on him?

I would think that Crit Chance and Speed would be the two most important mods for Lando, no?

• Options
    I have been going crit chance and speed. You want to make sure he always gets at least one crit with his aoe power and to rain death as fast as possible.

• Options
    Yes you want as high a crit as possible since his Double Down needs at least two crits to reset the cooldown and double the damage. Another neat feature with it is that carries over from stage to stage. So if you activate it and get at least two crits then in the next stage it will start off doing double damage. It makes some of the smuggler/heist fights almost trivial.

• Options
    Yes you want as high a crit as possible since his Double Down needs at least two crits to reset the cooldown and double the damage. Another neat feature with it is that carries over from stage to stage. So if you activate it and get at least two crits then in the next stage it will start off doing double damage. It makes some of the smuggler/heist fights almost trivial.
    Really??? That's kind of crap. No other stat carries over, that I'm aware of. I could be wrong.

• Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    I was just thinking the same thing.

Does it actually carry over, or is his speed/crit high enough that it's rare for him not to get 2 crits on 3+ enemies?

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    Really??? That's kind of crap. No other stat carries over, that I'm aware of. I could be wrong.

I had not realized it carried over but I did notice that sometimes lando flips out and just murders 3 or 4 mooks on his opening aoe on the smuggler missions.

• Options
    From my experience when there are stages like in the Credit Heist it will maintain the double damage until the next time you use it. This means you can also use Lando's basic attack between firing DD and still keep the double damage when you fire off DD again.

• Options
    Interesting... good to know. Thanks, Apostate

• Options
    I finally unlocked Wedge!

I've got Lando at 6 stars and Ackbar and Biggs at a fairly useable state.

Who should be my 5th Rebel? Leia, Stormtrooper Han, or should I level up Scariff Rebel Pathfinder?

• Options
    Leia. Hell you could probably swap ackbar for Scariff for the never die tank.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    A reminder that the "Assault Battles: Military Might" event starts in just over 2 days.

Rebels and Clones needed, in case any are close to a star that would be useful.

My clones aren't really anything to write home about, but hey, maybe I'll swap in Fives for someone on the Rebel roster for a little diversity from the last time I fielded a team for this thing.

And maybe this time I'll actually finish it, rather than ending up murdered on the fourth or fifth round.

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Anyone try Star Wars Force Arena? I don't know that another mobile star wars gacha game can justify a new thread, so checking here first.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    Anyone try Star Wars Force Arena? I don't know that another mobile star wars gacha game can justify a new thread, so checking here first.

I'm playing it now.

Its not really a gacha game. Its like Clash Royale and Star Wars had a baby and then dressed it in MOBA clothes.

edit: The reward structure is almost literally the same as Clash Royale with the added ability to trade up for cards. Also, the game lets you play 2v2, which is pretty interesting.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    Go fuck yourself last node on GW.
    Screenshot_20170109-132152.png

• Options
    edited January 2017
    Well that's just ridiculous.

Gotta bring Yoda for that buff-fest.

I did hear that the Baze-Chirrut combo is OP, but had never personally seen it. Now that I have, I hope I never see it again.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    I faced a similar team, except it had Baze, Chirrut, and the Pathfinder.

I'm told that Boba can use those stacks of healing to just ruin someone's day, but man, fuck the synergy that exists between some of the Rogue One characters. Edit: Cirrut, Baze, Pathfinder, TIE Pilot of some flavour, Boba Fett. It did not go well for me.

It's funny, over Christmas Vacation, I ended up watching/listening to a bunch of Total Biscuits stuff, and one of his videos from last year dealt with, among other things, the notion of "pay 2 win" and how that was being misused in discussions about games. He actually brought GoH up as being one of the cases where it was misused regularly, to which I had to laugh and pause the video, because boy did they ever up the ante on that one.

Yes, yes, much of GoH is more like "pay to speed things up, and perhaps avoid some of the RNG", but the raw power of some of these characters is, to me, a flagrant bit of "here's a little something for the whales to throw money at, and we'll give the peasantry a few shards and a million credits as a lovely parting gift".

At least with the Squad Arena I can usually avoid some of the more pure bullshit teams (but then I'm fairly happy staying in the top 200, sometimes dipping into the top 100, nothing to write home about), but once in a while node 11 or 12 of the GW is just unmitigated bullshit.

Forar on
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Ventress can remove those buffs, if you have her up to snuff. Not that I'm saying what you're facing isn't bullshit, because it most definitely is.

Le_Goat on
  • Options
    Yeah, I don't entirely mind finding more use for some niche characters here and there, but believe me, that duo/trio is something that just eating the buffs off once is going to deal with. It's... it's a thing to see in action.

But I have since worked her up, partly for that reason.

• Options
    I'm more shocked you're facing a general kenobi. Like holy fuck who even has him?

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Presumably someone from Team Instinct or one of the other groups that has been farming the Heroic Tank for a while now. They're not exactly common, but they're out there.

Just because he's showing up on the team doesn't mean he's 7 stars. I commonly see some of the rarer/harder to get characters showing up on teams, sometimes at 5 or 6 (occasionally as low as 3 when particularly obnoxious/overpowered/synergistic).

Forar on
  • Options
    I do wonder with galactic war, is that like someones pvp team or just a randomly assigned team from someones peeps? Sometimes I've fought teams no way someone uses in any pvp context.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    I do wonder with galactic war, is that like someones pvp team or just a randomly assigned team from someones peeps? Sometimes I've fought teams no way someone uses in any pvp context.

I just read on reddit that
    The GW teams you will face on each node is a random team with a specific power value that is a % of your current GW power (the prevailing theory is that it's the sum of the power of your top 5 characters). Here's the % for each node:
    60%
    62.5%
    70%
    61%
    62%
    95%
    75%
    76%
    100%
    85%
    105%
    115%
    EDIT: some people get easy node 12s because there doesn't exist a team that is 115% more powerful than their team (if the highest team possible is 57,500, then as long as you have 1 more power than 50,000 you will get the bugged/easy node). It's likely that some people also get a bugged node 11, but they probably post about it on their guild forums instead of here.

ObiFett on