As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Star Wars [Galaxy of Heroes]. Why Yes, Kylo, You Can Be on Vader's Team.

• Options
    ApostateApostate Prince SpaceRegistered User regular
    Forar wrote: »
    Yoda is a solid swiss army knife in my toolbox. He's not perfect, a little squishy, but a character with easy Foresight, the ability to flip off most debuff reliant teams, and to even steal (and share!) buffs from buff heavy teams are all useful in the Galactic war, and he's not too shabby on my Jedi team in the Tank raid.

I haven't found as much a spot for Palpatine yet, but he's enough of an asshole at really high levels that I don't mind having him around to experiment with. He's been fairly clutch with the right RNG for shocking/stunning parts of a team.

As always, I'm a fan of characters that pull double (or triple, or more) duty, like one that fits in my Arena team and is a Scoundrel and is good in the Galactic War (IG-88, lookin' at you bud), but there's also been times I just build a team specifically around a set of abilities/needs for a given fight and that can actually work pretty well.

Definitely, Yoda is great for GW and is handy in raids. He's not Arena material but he helps in a broad spectrum in a lot of little ways.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I need to figure out how dudes in my guild can hit the 2m mark on the heroic raid. I have the people to be able to do this I'm sure, or do better than I'm currently doing.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    I need to figure out how dudes in my guild can hit the 2m mark on the heroic raid. I have the people to be able to do this I'm sure, or do better than I'm currently doing.
    Which raid are you referring to?

While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
  • Options
    Well Yoda is kind of a there character, but Palp is a god damn beast and can be a rock to build a solid sith team around.

Like I'm working on vader/maul, specifically to work with Palp and wreck some shit. I did have a funny pvp battle that came down to palp verse windu and just like in the movies it was no contest.
    One guy in our guild keeps talking about how his Vader (Zeta) can hit for 100k in one strike. And I thought I was proud of my 31k single hit with 86...

• Options
    Le_Goat wrote: »

Rancor.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Darth Nihilus?

Darth Nihilus!

Edit: To clarify, I don't really care about him specifically, but he does represent a direction I wholeheartedly endorse.

Doctor Detroit on
  • Options
    Man the last tier of the Krannic thing today was freaking brutal.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    DashuiDashui Registered User regular

Rancor.

It's all about reducing turn meter, and a lot of the easiest damage comes from phase one. You don't need heavy hitters if you prevent your enemies from being able to take a turn.

I'm able to solo heroic's phase one, but I don't have the most optimal team yet. Teebo (lead) and QGJ currently provide my TM reduction power. I use Phasma to inflict speed down and armor debuffs. Geonosian Soldier and Rey are my damage dealers, and one or both of them are likely to be swapped out once I finish investing in other characters. Rex and TIE Fighter Pilot are excellent replacements. Rex's basic attack reduces enemy turn meter while TIE Fighter Pilot inflicts tenacity down. Dengar is another excellent choice as he can inflict both speed and tenacity down.

Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • Options

Rancor.
    Piggybacking on what Dashui said, the majority of those high scores are from P1. A good Ewok synergy really boosts your P1 score. I use Teebo (L), Scout, Elder, 5s, and 86 (sometimes QGJ). Teebo can reduce TM, but it's most of the time dependent on the RNG working in your favor to cloak. You'll need high potency (50+%) to really be effective. Elder will cleanse/heal, but also provide TM to your team upon successful strikes. Scout (with high potency) can also reduce TM, which is helpful when RNG fucks Teebo over. Scout can also dish out decent damage and receives double TM bonus from Elder than non-Ewoks. 5s is all-around good for slows and assist calling. 86 is a heavy hitter with an assist, but others will do as well. QGJ (with high potency) can also reduce TM and call assist. It really depends on who you have available.

If I miss P1, I'm not going to hit that 2 million mark. However, another good tactic is to wait for P2 to be close to done, then jump in and fuck up the Rancor with the door closed. If done right, you can shortly afterwards jump into P3 with the same group and use the door again. It's a ton of damage to add on.

• Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    My approach to Heroic Rancor is, when the plan goes well, I use a badass team on P2 to blow up the door and light him up, then when they die I use a tough but fairly toothless team to waste time while the door becomes available again, then another badass team.

Repeat in P3 (obviously the "badassness" of these teams decreases as people die off, most teams are suicide missions in the end after all).

My guild/clan/whatever has rules about participating in P1 (it is indeed so lucrative that participating in it means you're not supposed to attack in the other 3 phases), and I've held my own with the above when I actually have time to commit to that strategy and they don't blow it up too quickly. That's why we have 'registration' the day before we do it, the poor bastard now dies in maybe an hour or two (not bragging, it's actually kind of frustrating, it means that if you're not literally online and available during a very narrow window, you just kinda get a top 30 or 40 position for whatever the game decides to hand out).

But I'm almost at 7 star Han, so it's not really a concern. Money and other loot are always useful, but I'm not going to orient my whole day around it either.

Hopefully we're going to tackle the Heroic tank soon (maybe today or tomorrow), so I should go freshen up on the suggested group suggestions per phase (I normally just kinda throw whatever together and still manage to do pretty well).

This, however, will be a whole new ballgame.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    My approach to Heroic Rancor is, when the plan goes well, I use a badass team on P2 to blow up the door and light him up, then when they die I use a tough but fairly toothless team to waste time while the door becomes available again, then another badass team.

Repeat in P3 (obviously the "badassness" of these teams decreases as people die off, most teams are suicide missions in the end after all).
    Huh... I never thought about that idea. I may give it a shot. Thanks.
    My guild/clan/whatever has rules about participating in P1 (it is indeed so lucrative that participating in it means you're not supposed to attack in the other 3 phases), and I've held my own with the above when I actually have time to commit to that strategy and they don't blow it up too quickly. That's why we have 'registration' the day before we do it, the poor bastard now dies in maybe an hour or two (not bragging, it's actually kind of frustrating, it means that if you're not literally online and available during a very narrow window, you just kinda get a top 30 or 40 position for whatever the game decides to hand out).

But I'm almost at 7 star Han, so it's not really a concern. Money and other loot are always useful, but I'm not going to orient my whole day around it either.
    We have a 7* Han rule in effect, where anyone with a 7* Han can do no more than 400k dmg. The goal is to get as many guildies with a 7* Han, which should further strengthen the guild. It doesn't really help the guild when 3 or 4 people get the top spot every time. In fact, it slows overall progress. Fortunately we got rid of the two asshats, so everyone is playing very nicely with each other. Overall morale has significantly improved.
    Hopefully we're going to tackle the Heroic tank soon (maybe today or tomorrow), so I should go freshen up on the suggested group suggestions per phase (I normally just kinda throw whatever together and still manage to do pretty well).

This, however, will be a whole new ballgame.
    We've been debating the Heroic AAT retry for a few weeks. The problem is that we still haven't figured out how to deal with P1 properly. P2-P4 is a cake walk. Our current rules are P1 Zerg for day one, then P2-P4 Zerg for day two. This gives everyone the chance to try out different combinations for P1 without worrying about their P2-P4 builds. We're getting better, but I'm still not convinced that we can do Heroic without a sound P1 strategy. The natives are getting restless, however.

The big problem is that they nerfed Normal without touching Heroic, so it is going to be quite a significant difficulty jump, worse than Pit's jump to Heroic. It's once again an unknown. Right now, our goal is for everyone to put together one Super Team, where all 5 members have good synergy and are at Gear XI. That should help alleviate some of the pain.

Le_Goat on
  • Options
    Fuck these Mk 3 stun cuffs. I'm at a damn gear block because of them. *shakes fist*

• Options
    Bunch of dudes in my guild are asking for them and I'm wondering why they think anyone has a surplus.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Bunch of dudes in my guild are asking for them and I'm wondering why they think anyone has a surplus.
    Same. I'm usually pretty generous even with higher end gear but not those fucking cuffs. Soooo many toons need them the backlog is deep.

Apostate on
  • Options
    Apostate wrote: »
    Same. I'm usually pretty generous even with higher end gear but not those fucking cuffs. Soooo many toons need them the backlog is deep.

I give what I have hundreds of. Then again I don't ever put in an ask either because I think that's rude.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    You don't ask for the cuffs, or you don't ask at all?

Because if nothing else, there's the achievements for making donations (not that they're particularly lucrative, but they are out there) and the 'donations given' info on the guild info tab kind of makes it feel like it might be a worse off thing to never ask for anything.

I generally just ask for low end stuff, things that some of the 'bigger fish' in the clan might have hundreds of laying around, but I'd rather not have to go farm up if I don't have to. People get a chance to bump up their stats, I save a little energy, it's pretty much win/win.

• Options

I give what I have hundreds of. Then again I don't ever put in an ask either because I think that's rude.
    It's not rude if you donate. That's what the Exchange is for: asking for gear so you don't have to farm it. I donate between 3-15 pieces a day and typically only ask for blue-level or lower gear, and also try not to ask for what someone is already asking for. My theory is to ask for things that I know some of the other 49 people have so that I can focus my energy on those god damn stun cuffs.

If used right, it's basically mutual bummingship, where everyone is participating to help each other out. I have zero problems calling someone out who is one of the heavy hitters that always asks but never gives. The lower members can ask for whatever they want, because they need to get boosted up.

• Options
    I do like how I finally have a good palp team to bat clean up in my galactic war. Now if only I could get those last vader shards to round this shit out. But like today I took on the whole war with wiggs, lando, rey and banis, and then finished it off with palp, imperial guard, darth maul, Kylo and Ventress.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Mk 3 Stun Cuffs Tip:

Occasionally, 5 stun cuffs salvage will show up in Fleet Shipments for 600 Fleet Tokens. Always try to keep 600 Fleet Tokens banked for this. Considering the deplorable drop rate, purchasing 5 for 600 Fleet Tokens is pretty nice. Sadly, I did not heed my own advice and will miss this today.

spoiled for size
    e5eq6lq59fm4.png

• Options
    I've been spending those on ships and on a few select characters that are hard or nigh-impossible to get elsewhere (Vader, Grievous, etc). That's a damned fine point I might start dipping into, but I haven't even bought a single Zeta yet either..

Speaking of which, even with a nerf, Barriss' passive Zeta is absolute bullshit on a top tier (50k+ power) team. Fucking Royal Guard alone took a ridiculous amount to put down.

• Options
    I'm planning on holding off on Zeta for a bit. I need to get at least 2 super teams (all 5 with XI gear) ready for the AAT Heroic. I'm so close with one (HK, 88, 86, 5s, QGJ) and getting closer with the other (Jawas).

• Options
    edited February 2017
    1 fucking shard from 7 star vader. 1 GOD DAMN YOU BISHOP!!!!

Edit: Got it, had a cheevo for clearing stage 7 of cantina battles. 7 star vader is mine!

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    I'm just one away as well. In hindsight, I should've remained at 6 away and use the 10 I should clear for completing the event coming up in a couple of days.

Oh well. More fodder for the shard shop... that I don't use... errr.

• Options
    I still have about 70 to go for 7 star on Vader. Any advice on farming for him? Cheevos are mostly done giving me rewards for him so at most I might get 10 or so from there. The rest I need to scrounge up.

• Options
    I still have about 70 to go for 7 star on Vader. Any advice on farming for him? Cheevos are mostly done giving me rewards for him so at most I might get 10 or so from there. The rest I need to scrounge up.

Watch the shops really, only place I found any.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Alight! We're finally going after AAT Heroic next Friday. One more practice run and we're in. My P2 team is good and my P3 all-Jawa team just did over 1 million damage today. My P1 team is meh, but P1 makes most teams meh. Don't have anything good after that, but I think I should be good on my end.

• Options
    DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    Got Boba out of a bronze pack.

So good.

• Options
    DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    The long road is over. Vader is now seven starred.

The long road begins. Stun cuffs stun cuffs stun cuffs stun cuffs why does everyone need stun cuffs fuck fuck fuck fuck!

Dashui on
    Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • Options
    Dashui wrote: »
    Stun cuffs stun cuffs stun cuffs stun cuffs why does everyone need stun cuffs fuck fuck fuck fuck!
    Money money money... MONEEEEEEEY! They want to get paid and I guarantee they make a good portion off of typical player because of stun cuffs.

• Options
    Dashui wrote: »
    Stun cuffs stun cuffs stun cuffs stun cuffs why does everyone need stun cuffs fuck fuck fuck fuck!
    Money money money... MONEEEEEEEY! They want to get paid and I guarantee they make a good portion off of typical player because of stun cuffs.
    Honestly every time I see someone in the guild exchange requesting stun cuffs I can only think, "Really?"

• Options
    At least 7 people are asking for them right now in mine.

Like... guys, you do realize that *everyone* needs hundreds if not thousands of these things. The best outcome possible is everyone passes around the same 5 and gets to bump their achievement for sharing participation but nobody is really any closer to being done with them.

• Options
    I typically request green gear. It keeps me from spending energy on stupid shit like that and gives others the chance to actually donate something. Win-win, I say.

• Options
    To be fair some of those requests are from newer guild members just entering those tiers. They have been conditioned to getting regularly showered with gear as the higher tier members just dump all their trash gear on them. They make their requests without realizing they are now in the end game content lane that moves so very slowly.

• Options
    So Nebit geared up has quite the power rating:

0w3w98x7t8uw.png

• Options
    Oh thank Jibbers. They've done away with tournaments

• Options
    edited February 2017
    Thank god those were fucking awful. I'd rather do the long battles even if I can barely do one rank of them.

Now please you assholes give me a way to spend my ally points faster than literally spending hours opening things.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Now please you assholes give me a way to spend my ally points faster than literally spending hours opening things.
    It's taken me 40 minutes to burn through about 70k work. I still have 280k left to burn through. I'll be doing that all night.

On the plus side, I'm getting plenty of bonus shards to put towards Grievous.

Le_Goat on
  • Options
    The one day ones were much better than those multi-day clusterfucks, but I won't lament their loss either.

Though I believe they said they were looking them over, not dropping the idea entirely, so who knows what they might come up with in the future.

I'm at... nearly 600k of the stupid coins though. That'll be some clicking.

ffs how hard would it have been to introduce a x10 button? >.<

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Pretty sure there was a massive public outcry against the tournaments. The amount of effort involved for such little payout was staggering, and nobody was happy with it. You spend 200-300k ally tokens, and you might get a paltry 10 shards if you're lucky. 5 if you aren't. And that's terrible design. And if you didn't have 200+ ally tokens you might as well not even bother because there was no way to win.

On the other hand, these new ones they do, where there are 4 events staggered by two days a piece, these seem much better. I'm perfectly content with earning a 4-star Sith Trooper for today's clear of the event. That's a good system. They can add more shards in later to the Cantina, Ship Shop, or Arena Store (which is in desperate need of some new character shards).

• Options
    Oh, the Tournaments as they originally existed were a clusterfuck, triply so when you needed to spend Crystals on the refreshes. Fuck that noise.

Then they went to buddy coins or whatever they're called (ally points?) but they were like 3 days long, and as noted, way too much effort for way too little payoff. Having 10 or 20 shards for a character you can't farm and won't get another stab at for a quarter or two is essentially no better than having 0. Even unlocking the character is only so worthwhile for random odds and ends. Anything less than 5-6 stars probably isn't even worth taking into more challenging content unless they are broken as fuuuuck.

I don't see why it's all that hard; have a simple rotation of characters in and out of the various shops. There's limited space to put them on cantina/light/dark nodes, and putting too many into the Guild/Ship shops makes it that much harder to access them. If they don't want to add too many into the non-changing shops like the GW and Cantina points ones, just rotate like 3 or 4 in and out of the randomized ones every week or two.

I can't be the only one who is maxed on GW shop characters, and I have a handful of them to bother getting in the Arena as well. I wouldn't mind seeing one or two new characters added into there. They don't even need to be the new hotness characters, surely some of the older ones who don't have a home outside of Chromium packs could make an appearance?

Or some of these Rogue One characters that either most of us barely have (tournaments, low star characters from recent Events) or those at least some of us can't really get at all (K2-SO lookin' at you bud, yes I'm aware he's in the shard shop, fuck the shard shop).

And yes, I also recognize that some of these harder to get characters are in the crystal shop. Fuck that too.