As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

4th almost annual Cult Of The Leaf

a fraking toastera fraking toaster W1TRKRegistered User regular
edited February 2016 in PAX East
this meetup is for all those tobacco smoking enthusiasts that enjoy the great pleasures of smoking.whether you smoke 3 cartons of cigarettes a day or the occasional cigar or pipe,all are welcome to join.
The event is purely informal, and it is recommended that everyone bring his or her own supplies (but sharing is always encouraged if you bring extra stuff).

When:main meet up will be friday @ midnight.i will try and get another mid day meetup on friday and or saturday
Where:under the media tower across the street from the convention center
under this thing http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6172/6170094023_2b3eee79c3_b.jpg

Disclaimers: Smoking age in the US is 18. Drinking alcohol on the streets is illegal for all ages. While you're welcome to take whatever personal risks you like, methods of circumventing the law should not be discussed on this forum.

a fraking toaster on

• Options
    GhostDanGhostDan Registered User regular
    I hope to make it this year. Of note people who have visited cuba are now allowed to bring up to $100 worth of cuban cigars into the US, in case any one is visiting any time soon ;)

• Options
    a fraking toastera fraking toaster W1TRK Registered User regular
    wasn't aware you can do that now.just updated the disclaimer.
    personally i will be bringing a pipe or 2 and variety of pipe tobaccos to share if anyone is interested.

• Options
    Yup. Trying to figure out a reason, any reason at all, to go visit ;)

• Options
    cigars is should be more then enough reason lol.

• Options
    doesnt seem like there much interest this yet.i is sad.still goin to happen whether its 2 people or 100 lol

• Options
    KaronethKaroneth Elder Scrolling Online Co-Host Lakehurst, NJRegistered User regular
    My friend Chuck is going I think, not sure if he is signed up on these forums. Don't lose hope!

• Options
    PurpleBekPurpleBek Manchester, EnglandRegistered User regular
    If you make it, they will come

pax%20sig.png
  • Options
    It's still early believe it or not. People will get their tickets and go "Oh crap I need to sign up for ___". I've never actually made it to one of these since I typically crash after the concerts but hoping to keep my energy going this year. (If it's like south, that will fail)

• Options
    KaronethKaroneth Elder Scrolling Online Co-Host Lakehurst, NJRegistered User regular
    Same here Dan, I like to think I'm still a kid, but that was awhile ago. We left the Asus party like an hour before close as my buddies and I were wiped out. LOL I'm going to try and have a bit more stamina this year!

• Options
    ya the last time i ran this i was so tired i couldnt make it to the meet up.i heard a few people showed up tho so thats good.im thinkin an afternoon smoke on friday or saturday as well.incase people cant make it at night.

• Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    Yeah hopefully this year it isn't so cold I have to run like a madman away from the cult of the leaf. I've toned down my smoking habits in the past couple of years, but PAX seems a perfect excuse for a nice cigar.

• Options
    yea i dont smoke much myself anymore.only for special occasions and weekends.still enjoy it alot tho.

• Options
    kinda of a bump.im thinkin once the main floor closes down each day can have a get together aslong as weather is nice.

• Options
    edited March 2016
    this thread doesnt seem to be as popular as previous years.on a brighter note,i just ordered some dunhill nightcap pipe tobacco and picking up a few cigars in the next few weeks.both will be fore the meet up,woohoo pax is so close i can smell it.

a fraking toaster on
  • Options
    It's still fairly early. It'll pick up as we get closer.

I'll probably have some KFC's I can share, and will bring a few of my daily smokes for anyone who doesn't bring their own, or wants to learn more.

• Options
    KiashienKiashien Medford, MARegistered User regular
    Hoping to make this, but enforcing this year... so yea.

May bring some things and have a runner get them from me to at least be there "in spirit"

The pirate hat riding bobcat compels you...

Relevant info: #PAX East: 3 Coin Lunch organizer. 2012 Trading card available. Pokecrawl Assistant 2012. Pokecrawl attendee 2011. Cult of the Leaf attendee 2012.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    well be out there for atleast an hour or so (weather permitting).last time we were out there for like 2 hours just chit chatting and smoking.so if you cant make it till later,we should still be there.plus there will be other times to meet up if the schedule allows it.

a fraking toaster on
  • Options
    Just don't know my schedule yet ;)

Relevant info: #PAX East: 3 Coin Lunch organizer. 2012 Trading card available. Pokecrawl Assistant 2012. Pokecrawl attendee 2011. Cult of the Leaf attendee 2012.
  • Options
    well hopefully i can get a few other gatherings either during expo hall hours or after.depends on the schedule.

• Options
    thinking of doin a hashtag or a twitter account for this.then anytime during the day u go out for a smoke and need a buddy,others will know and perhaps join you.thoughts?

• Options
    The AfromanThe Afroman Registered User regular
    Nice. I will be there. I posted in the very first thread meet up. I will be sure to bring some stogies to share.

XBL//The Afroman
    PSN//The_Afroman
    Twitter//@theafroman
    Google+//http://gplus.to/TheAfroman
  • Options
    i think i went to the first one as well.sombody gave away a few humadors and i ended up taking one home.

• Options
    anyone intrested in making a visit to L.J. peretti co.? oldest tobacconist in the area,wouldn't mind picking up a few blends there myself either.maybe so a sunday trip or thursday?

• Options
    Bout to go out for a pipe at the omni is anyones intrested.tomarrow around noon ikk be out at the meeting spot having a smoke as well.

• Options
    look a twitter account for the cult of the leaf lol will tweet when ever i go out for a smoke or i think if somebody sends it a tweet others will get a notification as well.not sure of twitter works. but here ya go.
    https://twitter.com/cultoftheleaf

• Options
    Got a few cigars. Now just to convince my body to stay up till midnight :)

• Options
    Lol same here.i have a feeling its just goin to a few that show up this year.first year was amazing had like 12 people show up and chilled.

• Options
    Will be there outside can't miss me ;)
    Midnight outside in the front of the expo hall.

XBL//The Afroman
    PSN//The_Afroman
    Twitter//@theafroman
  • Options
    Ill stick to under the big sign till a few people show up then move to under the convention roof.wind sucks when smoking a pipe so the more coverage the better.

• Options
    So under the big glowing LED PAX sign right?

XBL//The Afroman
    PSN//The_Afroman
    Twitter//@theafroman
  • Options
    Yup headin there now in eta 5min

• Options
    Ok. On the Westin part. Overlooking the ramp to go underground. By some trees.

XBL//The Afroman
    PSN//The_Afroman
    Twitter//@theafroman
  • Options
    Idk were that is but im sure il figure it out

• Options
    glad atleast 1 person showed up this year.i think next year ill set the date to after the expo hall closes rather then midnight.or perhaps 2 meets rather then 1.

• Options
    Yeah midnight was too late for us, apologies. I think we hit the sack like a half hour before as we had a busy day.

• Options
    Two meets might be a good idea.

No one expected Late Night T Service to go poof.

Right after Expo closes is a good idea, followed by a backup of like.. 11:30 on saturday.

I unfortunately, was not able to make it. I even had cubans (YAY LEGAL!) in my bag to hand out.

Take care, my cult buddies.