As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Next Episode: Ask Florida Man] Star Wars - The History of the Jedi...

• jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    edited February 2016
    OptimusZed wrote: »
    I didn't figure the attachments would be free. :P

If I wanted to throw two mods on something (both Weighted Head mods, basically) what would that run me in labor? And could I con another player into doing it for me?
    Let's just go with double the cost for getting an NPC to install a mod for you (first mod is 100, second is 200, etc). Sure, you can ask another player to install it for you. We can say that the heirloom was in need of repair or something.

Edit: For Mumble, my DNS is jdarksun-doesntexist.ddns.net - I'll add this to the OP.

jdarksun on
  • OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    Cool cool.

I've got Mumble up and running, but I've never connected to it before.

I'm not saying to expect technical issues, but, maybe I am.

We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
    Cool cool.

I've got Mumble up and running, but I've never connected to it before.

I'm not saying to expect technical issues, but, maybe I am.
    That's the whole point of the sound test. :)

• Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    So my character, Seth Hylo, Duros Ace Pilot

Backstory Stuff
    Seth was part of a group of Black Sun Bounty Hunters and Smugglers who when after the largest bounty ever to be placed by the Hutts, the Bounty on Luke Skywaker. Seth and his group found Luke in an old Jedi Temple on some unknown planet. When the Black Sun pirates captured Luke, he put up no fight, coming quietly. But when the local wildlife attacked Seth, it was Luke who came to his rescue, not the Black Sun pirates who ran off, leaving Seth and Luke behind. Seth and Luke had to fight monstrous creatures with little more than their wits and Luke's lightsaber. Once they finally left the planet, Seth decided that he had no loyalties to the Black Sun, who left him for dead. He joined Luke, going around looking for old Jedi lore and acting as his personal pilot. However, the Black Sun group claimed that Seth double crossed them and helped the Jedi, and so now Seth has no where else to go but that's not something he cares about.

Likes: Challenges. Seth likes to push the limits of his skills as a pilot and do things that are risky because he can.
    Hates: Smug People. Seth is a humble man, even for an ace pilot. People who believe they are better than him and let him know it piss him off.
    Can't Live Without: A ship to fly. Flying is Freedom. Being stuck on the ground is a jail cell.

Got paged for work, may be delayed. Murmur server is up though! Feel free to connect and talk among yourselves.

• DeamonIzualDeamonIzual Registered User regular
    Still working on the character but here is my droid so far. BR-88

• DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Fun sound test.

I updated Kik'tl over on G-docs, filling in some stuff we talked about and some other stuff as well. Will probably adjust gear at some point but I'll give that a couple days while I play with Orokos to get a feel on probabilities and see if I want to risk the armor creation rules.

As an aside, there isn't any easy place to get extra dice for that mechanics check is there? I don't really see any but am new to the system so I don't know if there is something I'm overlooking.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • DeamonIzualDeamonIzual Registered User regular
    Fun sound test.

As an aside, there isn't any easy place to get extra dice for that mechanics check is there? I don't really see any but am new to the system so I don't know if there is something I'm overlooking.

Buying a tool kit from the gear section (350c) might get you a boost die for basic mechanic checks and actually might be necessary for more complicated mechanical work. Otherwise your check as is is pretty solid.

I've got like 1500 Credits left. Turns out, punchy girl is pretty easy to outfit.

Maybe I can spend it in the Academy cantina ("The Jedi Archives") with Rayner.

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
    Fun sound test.

Buying a tool kit from the gear section (350c) might get you a boost die for basic mechanic checks and actually might be necessary for more complicated mechanical work. Otherwise your check as is is pretty solid.

The Custom Tool Kit from Stay on Target is twice as expensive, but gives the boost die for sure.

And it seems like something the verpine inventor would probably have.

• ArdentArdent Down UpsideRegistered User regular
    edited February 2016
    I have no idea how much I've got left with Rayner now. To clarify, we agreed that the 2500 credit option became a 4500 credit option, right?

In which case he'd have 2925. Which miiiight mean I should switch over to the E-11s. Because sniper rifle.

Ardent on
    Steam ID | Origin ID: ArdentX | Uplay ID: theardent | Battle.net: Ardent#11476
    I've updated Duxa under the new financial conditions.

She now has a lightsaber hilt that she carries around mostly to placate her teachers. And a personal transponder, plus distress beacon that she's required to have at all times after the incident.

To catch folk up, last night we talked about how I started folk off with +100xp, but no bonus Credits. "Knight Level Play" is 150xp with a light saber or 9000c. I figure 4500c is or a light saber with a stun crystal is an ok middle ground.

So is that 4500 in addition to whatever you choose as a starting character?

jdarksun wrote: »
    To catch folk up, last night we talked about how I started folk off with +100xp, but no bonus Credits. "Knight Level Play" is 150xp with a light saber or 9000c. I figure 4500c is or a light saber with a stun crystal is an ok middle ground.

So I mentioned last night about training lightsabers. They go for 400 credits, are 6 damage, only do Stun and have none of the fun lightsaber qualities like Breach or Sunder. If you look at the handle/crystal rules it's pretty clear that the training lightsaber is the base handle for 300 creds and a training emitter for a 100. The "real" lightsabers have all the cost concentrated in the crystals and use the same handles (apparently.)

So I'm not sure what you are referring to here. There is certainly a huge area to play in between the training one and the actual lightsabers but right now I don't see why you wouldn't just buy a training saber for 400. It'd be simple enough to create a new crystal that isn't as good all the ones that go for like 9k but is still a reasonable step up from the training one.

Yea, normally that'd be flat out required but one of my talents lets me just ignore that. I don't know
    The Custom Tool Kit from Stay on Target is twice as expensive, but gives the boost die for sure.

And it seems like something the verpine inventor would probably have.

Yea, this is exactly the sort of thing I was looking for. I don't know the system well enough to know if I'm ignoring things I should have.

Ok, now that I have dispensed with my logistics nerd rage...

This is the ship quirks cheatsheet I was referring to. It's not published work, even though it looks really nice. http://www.mediafire.com/view/ibxknumrbb5zobk/Ship_Quirks.pdf

I am not thoroughly familiar with FFG's mechanics so I figured socializing it here with people who probably are for a sanity check.

I figure a few flaws will make it interesting. Also, Rayner's a mediocre mechanic so he'd never have fixed any of these problems.

• Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    I'm still catching up on things. Do we have room for one more? If so, what 'slot' needs filling?

Hey folk -
    @JusticeforPluto
    @Delmain
    @Egos
    @Gonmun
    I'm looking to round out character selection and do one more sound test. Do you guys have a character ETA?

• DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    it looked like the party was full so I kinda silently dropped

• EgosEgos Registered User regular
    Delmain wrote: »
    it looked like the party was full so I kinda silently dropped

yeah i sorta assumed things were full. I had a character idea but yeah ...what time slot was decided on?

Not so much "full" as trying to hammer out the right combination of people and times (also I've only sound tested 5 people and can take a group of 6). 9pm Saturdays is pretty much ideal for me, but I'm willing to be flexible for the right group. Last Saturday's sound test was pretty successful, but I also want to give folk who weren't there a chance to chime in. So if you're still interested, absolutely post a character. But I am trying to get stuff hammered out this week, so before Thursday is preferred.

• JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    I'm interested but my hours often change so I can't be there every week at the same time.

Join us.

There are enough explosive arrows for everyone.

Join us.

[Dukes of Hazzard theme plays]

Ardent wrote: »
    Join us.

Is there a Corellian equivalent to this?;

general-lee-ruined.jpg

Ardent wrote: »
    Join us.

Is there a Corellian equivalent to this?;

general-lee-ruined.jpg
    The Corellian Bloodstripe?

Corellian gunships?

Corellia never "fell" so it's hard to justify "rising again," and there's no stigma against being gay in Star Wars' universe, so...yeah. At a loss.

edited February 2016
    I was just thinking you should paint your hwk-1000 orange with some kind of cultural symbol.

Even if we have to make it up.

Edit: Besides, Corellia is kind of the Hazard County of the galaxy.

OptimusZed on

Corellia and Georgia have very little in common besides Scots-Irish people.

They like going fast, hootin' and/or hollerin' and flipping the bird to authority.

Han Solo is basically a space bootlegger.

I think he's actually a space bootlegger.

But that would make them more like Space Virginians.

I guess that means Tatooine is space Oklahoma.

• Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    @jdarksun I can do a sound check tonight if you want. And I'm working on getting Saturday nights off (like how I have this Saturday off!) I've never used Mumble but even if I don't get to play, I still should know how to use Mumble anyhow since I want to do some podcasting of my own in the near future.

@jdarksun I can do a sound check tonight if you want. And I'm working on getting Saturday nights off (like how I have this Saturday off!) I've never used Mumble but even if I don't get to play, I still should know how to use Mumble anyhow since I want to do some podcasting of my own in the near future.

I think Zed and myself where in that place before last Saturday and it worked out fine. I just did the the initial wizard thing that helps you set recording levels and things worked out fine for me and we only spent like maybe a minute getting Zed's voice to not cut out halfway through a sentence. Even that was amusing because Mumble would pick up the beginning where he was talking just a little bit louder (as you do) and when he got to actual details it'd just cut out.

"Oh that's interesting! See what happened was-"

I think Zed and myself where in that place before last Saturday and it worked out fine. I just did the the initial wizard thing that helps you set recording levels and things worked out fine for me and we only spent like maybe a minute getting Zed's voice to not cut out halfway through a sentence. Even that was amusing because Mumble would pick up the beginning where he was talking just a little bit louder (as you do) and when he got to actual details it'd just cut out.

"Oh that's interesting! See what happened was-"

It didn't help that in real life I'm basically Metatron, so when I'm on the mic I tend to self regulate to avoid exploding headsets.

We should all @ jdark some more.

I'm sure he loves that.

• OatsOats Registered User regular
    @jdarksun Hi buddy. How's it goin'? Me, I'm doin' well you know, same old. Hahaha, yeah, that was hilarious. Good times, man. Good times.

• ComradebotComradebot Lord of Dinosaurs Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    I'm pretty interested, but I've never really dove in to anything like this. I'm slightly daunted.

@Grunt's Ghosts what's your availability like tonight? I've got a meeting at 9pm Eastern with some podcast folk, would you be available before or after that?

Comradebot wrote: »
    I'm pretty interested, but I've never really dove in to anything like this. I'm slightly daunted.
    If you've got the will to learn a bit today, you can still beat jdark's timeline.

Some people who know the system better than I do can surely answer your questions...