As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Next Episode: Ask Florida Man] Star Wars - The History of the Jedi...

• Options
    OatsOats Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    I don't think geth counts a triumph as a success. Edit: totally does. Whoops.

Or orients the image upward.

Oats on
  • Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Question: How much total xp have we earned so far?

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Question: How much total xp have we earned so far?
    Looks like 130xp (for group reference)

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    That matches what I have for in play XP.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    @DeamonIzual @Oats

Ald and BR-88 - the two of you realize that Kik'tl hasn't been seen for several hours. This is unusual, as they are almost always under foot tinkering with something. A brief search reveals Kik'tl in their workshop, where Sakura Ren has them pinned against a wall - one hand restraining Kik'tl's lightsaber, the other holding a vibrosword to the verpine's throat.

• Options
    edited May 2016
    Oh man.

Influence time.

Geth roll 2eF for Force Pool

---

Reaching out through the Force, Ald imbues the room with a sense of peace, calm, and a wistful sort of passivity.

"Hey, let's all relax here. Sakura, let's not do anything that will damage your beautiful skin, or Kik's... exowhatever"

Force Pool:
    2eF 3 Light Side [2eF=LS, LS/LS]

Oats on
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    And the rest of the check, per Mike.

Geth roll 2eP+1eA+2eB+3eD for Charming the weapon out of a fine lady's hand.

EDIT: Fuck you too Geth. Using the Force dice for 2 successes and an additional advantage, for a final result of 1S 3A.

Charming the weapon out of a fine lady's hand:
    2eP+1eA+2eB+3eD 1 failure, 2 advantage [2eP=-, A/A] [1eA=A] [2eB=S/A, -] [3eD=-, F/F, Th/Th]

Oats on
  • Options
    DeamonIzualDeamonIzual Registered User regular
    Not sure about reaction times but BR-88 would have immediately moved to restrain Sakura's slicing arm. Probably using its new bodyguard maneuver to make it harder to hurt Kik

• Options
    You guys can act at the same time; what were you thinking of rolling for restraining her arm?

• Options
    I was thinking a brawl check makes sense. Not trying to be showy, just make sure she can't move her arm.

• Options
    Geth roll 2eP+3eA+2eC to immobilize Sakura's sword arm

to immobilize Sakura's sword arm:
    2eP+3eA+2eC 4 successes, 2 threat [2eP=-, S/S] [3eA=S/S, S, A] [2eC=Th/Th, F/Th]

• Options
    ArdentArdent Down UpsideRegistered User regular
    Good lord. I can hear BR-88 saying "Stop punching yourself, meatbag."

Steam ID | Origin ID: ArdentX | Uplay ID: theardent | Battle.net: Ardent#11476
  • Options
    BR-88. you grab Sakura's arm and encounter no resistance. She steps away from Kik'tl, and you interpose yourself between her and the verpine.

"That's fine," the togruta says. "We'd finished for the day anyway."

Ald, you reach out to calm the nerves of everyone in the room... and find no heightened state of anger or distress. Sakura is a little elated, Kik'tl is introspective, and BR-88 just seems determined. Even so, the togruta drops her sword as your influence takes effect. Her mood changes to surprise in an instant, and she twists around to look at you without pulling away from the bodyguard droid. "Nice trick. I'll have to remember that one."

• Options
    "That's what all the ladies say", and Ald will throw her a wink.

• Options
    "Thank you for the practice Sakura. I would like you to show me that last bit again next time. It was quite surprising."

Kik'tl turns towards Ald, "Cuticle." Kik'tl turns away and begins straightening up the cargo hold.

• Options
    After assessing the mood, BR-88 will relax its hold. "This one advises caution when sparring on the vessel during interstellar travel. Any damage to the spacecraft could vent the atmosphere humanoids need for survival."

• Options
    Pausing for a moment to consider this Kik'tl responds "The vibrosword is unlikely to cause significant hull damage and the lightsabers we were using are incapable of damaging the hull. Though this is something that Ald and Rayner should keep in mind if they choose to spar on board the ship."

• Options
    Ald will follow after Sakura as she leaves the room, asking her a thousand and one questions about where she grew up, her family, has she ever smuggled 150 tonnes of insects before.

Y'know, standard stuff.

• Options
    Nobody is sparring with lightsabers on Rayner's baby. >: (

• Options
    Ardent wrote: »
    Nobody is sparring with lightsabers on Rayner's baby that he knows about. >: (

• Options
    Rayner cries manly tears that carve furrows across his cheeks before they nestle in to his beard, glistening with regret and sadness.

• Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    Duxa continues repulsor fisting the smooth parts of the control panel, oblivious to Rayner's tears of manliness.

We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    Oats wrote: »
    Ald will follow after Sakura as she leaves the room, asking her a thousand and one questions about where she grew up, her family, has she ever smuggled 150 tonnes of insects before.

Y'know, standard stuff.
    "Shili, where did you grow up?"
    "Three sisters and two brothers, I was adopted."
    "...what? No. Wait, have you? Why have you?"

General reminder: next session in three days. Questions, comments, concerns, crazy ideas? Now's the time to hit me.

• Options
    Is Sakura intentionally named after every third sushi place?

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    OptimusZed wrote: »
    Nope, generated it here. I spent literal hours encoding a message behind Antar Ren, then decided that was absurdly counterproductive for a character you guys might kill stunlock in your first encounter with them.

Sakura is frequently used for Japanese restaurants because it translates to cherry blossom.

Also horse meat!

• Options
    jdarksun wrote: »

Y'know, standard stuff.
    "Shili, where did you grow up?"
    "Three sisters and two brothers, I was adopted."
    "...what? No. Wait, have you? Why have you?"

Army brat, so I bounced around. Stations here and there, mostly. Rim, core, you name it, I've probably had to leave it at 0500 sharpish.
    Only kid. Parents bit the (space)dust a while ago.
    That is a story to be told over dinner and the finest (space)wine you can get on a ship like this.
    General reminder: next session in three days. Questions, comments, concerns, crazy ideas? Now's the time to hit me.

I kind of feel like Ald has been in the spotlight more than he necessarily deserves. Not sure if that's 'cause it's always his doublepointsday or not, but feel free to do a droids-rights session or somethin'

• Options
    Nope, generated it here. I spent literal hours encoding a message behind Antar Ren, then decided that was absurdly counterproductive for a character you guys might kill stunlock in your first encounter with them.

Sakura is frequently used for Japanese restaurants because it translates to cherry blossom.

Also horse meat!

I knew the cherry blossom thing, but not the horse meat one. I figured she was named as an Ayala Secura reference.

• Options
    I figured she was named as an Ayala Secura reference.
    That's much smarter, let's go with that. Also her.

• Options
    edited June 2016

I kind of feel like Ald has been in the spotlight more than he necessarily deserves. Not sure if that's 'cause it's always his doublepointsday or not, but feel free to do a droids-rights session or somethin'

I feel that is partly a factor of Ald being the talky one and so long as that is true Ald will always be front and center whenever we deal with other folks.

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • Options

I feel that is partly a factor of Ald being the talky one and so long as that is true Ald will always be front and center whenever we deal with other folks.

We have also turned into a bunch of filthy peaceniks of late. Even the sparring stuff is going on between sessions.

• Options
    We make excellent decisions, like bumping this thread.

• Options
    At least this time there's punching.

• Options
    I'm keeping him.

• Options
    So 1 from dark point uses, 1 from disturbing visions, 1 from ruminations on violence.

Minion roll 1d10-3 for Morality

Morality:
    1d10-3 2 [1d10=5]

• Options
    Duxa's got one point of conflict as far as I can tell.

Geth roll 1d10 for the morality of sith friendship.

the morality of sith friendship:
    1d10 9 [1d10=9]

• Options
    edited June 2016
    Geth roll 1d10-3 for morality and then doubled

So doubles to +6.

I may be getting close to that 71 threshhold.

morality and then doubled:
    1d10-3 3 [1d10=6]

Oats on
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Sorry for the weak end to the session, work was rough and I was exhausted. I'm going to work on smoothing out the bits that didn't quite fit in with my mental picture and maybe call an audible on one thing.

Not on call for the week of the next session, will be easier on me. :)

jdarksun on
  • Options
    Reflecting on the situation, Kik'tl is so completely going to screw this whole planet up and there isn't really a plausible way it doesn't end up going that way.

The best part is I was thinking the napalm generator was the worst of it and Kik sorta contained/resisted that.

• Options
    Kik'tl is just breeding a race of super robots with the ability to mass produce napalm out of thin air. Robots which are systematically oppressed by their not-Sith overlords and used as fodder for live fire lethal training exercises. On an island full of flammable woodlands.

This should be fine.

At least we'll probably get Yoda off planet before it all burns down. That's a net of +1 gizka for the universe.