As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Tabletop Simulator - Steam Thread Pathfinder Campaign 1.0

• Options
    PetesalzlPetesalzl vorpal blade in hand Registered User regular
    yeah, you deleted that default monk feat because it wasnt on his original character sheet. that might be causing problems similar to how it doenst like that i forcibly removed goblin language

• Options
    DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I know why it is complaining. The goblin language isn't complaining. I am ok with sticking with it if the monk is.

My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • Options
    FirebirdFirebird Harbinger....of.....~something. Registered User regular
    I don't know why Dodge appeared as a default feat for a Monk, as I don't have it in Hero Creation demo mode.

Are there any additional settings added apart to default on the Hero Settings checklist?
    Perhaps additional rules are added when buying the license?

steam_sig.png

STEAM ID: Firebird
    XBOX Live: FirebirdLR
    Playstation: FirebirdXR
  • Options
    Firebird wrote: »
    I don't know why Dodge appeared as a default feat for a Monk, as I don't have it in Hero Creation demo mode.

Are there any additional settings added apart to default on the Hero Settings checklist?
    Perhaps additional rules are added when buying the license?

I am unsure, and honestly am fine with your character the way it is. When I got advanced, it didn't complain that kast had I think one less feat, and one more trait. Or other way around. So obviously different rule sets act differently. Honestly, The program allows me to set some house rules. I will go over a few at the beginning of my stream.
    Scratchy wrote: »
    Folks that die of hunger or thirst don't have fun.

Ignore it for the purposes of the game or pull some elven lembas bs that keeps you full for a while. Even the Good aligned will eat their companions to stay alive..

Dyas:
    I'm out for a bit but DyasAlure you need to think of the small things first before the big things if you want to effectively DM a campaign. Basic rules, that you either stick to or ignore for your campaign but you need to let the folks playing know. Food/Water/Transportation. You can't act of god fix everything without contradicting yourself at some point.

To this note, like I said I will cover some basic stuff when we start the first session.

My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • Options
    i just caught two typos on the map, it says mr fuzzems cave, but i think his name is fuzzum. also i could be wrong on this but i believe its hermea, not hermean

• Options
    Good thing it is in Photoshop as text layers. I will try and get that fixed.

Suso homework. I will again ask for any background people want added about their character. Also pm me if you have info you want me to know, but the perty would have to find out.

• Options
    edited February 2016
    also i think at one point firebird did have his background story on his character sheet that doesnt seem to be included in the OP. and i know user told me about how the elves he lived with in sulindal were mean to him because his storm powers caused problems such as things getting sccidentally electrocuted, but hopefully he'll elaborate on that himself next time the group gets together

Petesalzl on
  • Options
    Yeah, and my character name on the OP is wrong too. But I assumed that was already corrected outside the thread.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    you know what they say about making assumptions, it makes an assump out of ti and ons.
    the saying itself never made any sense to me but based on context i gather its a bad thing.

• Options
    ?

It is
    When you
    Assume
    You make an
    Ass out of u and me

• Options
    edited February 2016
    i was making a humor joke, i like to take common sayings and pretend i get them wrong. its a thing i do. im weird
    edit: for example let me share a recent facebook post i made
    "Dang it. This packaging has those stupid plastic zip ties and I can't find my regular scissors. Just these little rinkedink scissors. But I guess it's like that old saying, scissor beggars can't be scissor choosers. Which I always thought was stupid. I mean who sits around coming up with sayings about scissors?"
    im really weird

Petesalzl on
  • Options
    I see said the blind man to the deaf dog as he walk off the peer into his reflection in the lake.

• Options

@UseR2006
    @Firebird
    @Petesalzl
    @Karoz
    @cooljammer00

Tuesday Mrs. Alure has jury duty. So I need to push it to 8 pm pst. Also, my computer has been crashing. I hope uninstalling video drives helps.

• Options
    thats fine with me. i also mentioned it before, but i was having a similar issue with my video card, turned out after some research that it was windows 10. so you may want to take that into consideration. for some reason some of the video drivers have a conflict with something in windows 10. i just reverted to 8 and im much happier

• Options
    https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/34526882/#Comment_34526882

I will try and be there tomorrow, but I work during the day. I think I need to re-install my whole computer, and hope nothing is fried.

Plus side of this? My wife said maybe I can get a new video card for a b-day present. I would love that, but I want to save the money and fix mine.

• Options
    That makes my time to show up here about 10 PM, which is fine. But that means I only have a minimum of 3 hours playtime, provided I do not have to work any time earlier than 8 AM.

Though, if I have work no later than noon, then I can stay for 5 hours.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    After playing TTS with some Steam thread familiars, @Yoshua showed a bit of interest in our Pathfinder campaign.

He's mentions playing an investigator, though I know little of the class.
    So I will refer to @DyasAlure if we can still make room given the short notice.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    UseR2006UseR2006 MelbourneRegistered User regular
    That's going to hurt me time wise as i'll be photography class for that time

"I know you've been online.... There are lots of people that don't have that voice, that makes them ask themselves if what they make is shit or not." [img][/img]WJnjIS1.png
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    edited February 2016
    cooljammer mentioned backing out and letting someone else fill the spot
    also with mrs allures jury duty and your computer reinstall and the time change making user have to be out, what about wednesday instead at the original time, or if not wednesday thursday?

edit: i should mention im still available to night so if its not beneficial to reschedule it id rather do it this week than push it out. what is everyone elses thoughts?

Petesalzl on
  • Options
    Well we might to look for a new day. :(. I will see, me and Mrs. Are trying to get the original 6 pm time. On phone for now. I am in training at least half the day today.

I'm fine with different people. I always wanted people to be able to come and go.

• Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    Hey no worries if you're having problems Dyas. Life has a weird tendency of getting in the way of things.

• Options
    So night one recap:

For killing a gnoll, everyone gains 400 xp.

Ulgur (Karoz) gained a quill and ink.
    Rook Atlee )Firebird) got a note to not touch the Weeping Angel, but touched the Scrying Orb and was sent into an odd vortex
    tumblr_mdu9huTZQy1rh4ay4o1_500.gif

The library had 10 good barrels of good wine. One was taped and a cup taken. One was broken, and drank.

The Scrying Orb, Metal Statul, and Weeping Angel are all magical.

Everyone met Tinkneedle, a gnome who has a quest/task that has a reward. Tinkneedle is also sad that one decided to touch a magical device before it was explained.

• Options
    weird gnome, half orc with a bear, some sort of third character whose race/age/gender/class might possibly change drastically the next time we see them. this all better turn out to be on the level.

thanks for DMing and running us thru your starter dungeon @DyasAlure
    here is the links again just incase you didnt have them handy character sheet and hero lab file
    because i decided to swapped my intelligence with my constitution last minute i had fewer skill points to start so i didnt notice until we were in game that i gave myself 0 perception, so looking forward to some hilarity until i hit level 1 and can put some points in there

• Options
    edited February 2016
    I just realized rook didn't meet the gnome.

He went Galluping around the world before he got there.

How did the fog of war work? Obviously once one of you saw it it was revealed.

DyasAlure on
  • Options
    i thought it worked well, as with all cases you have to try your best to do what your character would do with the information it has not the information you have. also, hopefully once we group up we wont be split up super often. i hear splitting the group tends to end with someone falling in acid

• Options
    edited February 2016
    Yeah, I guess I should have prevented someone from touching the items, or just found a way to prevent that. Oops..

I just didn't realize how big that place was.

DyasAlure on
  • Options
    PCs will always find a way to foil a DMs carefully laid out story. :wink:

Had the same thing happen in my first campaign. "Surely they'll never do X so I won't plan for X."

The PCs choose to perform X.

• Options
    i was enjoying how ulgor was slowly sounding more and more like scruffy the janitor. i know earlier when i was trying hard to get in my characters head and decide how he would think i started kinda feeling like i knew how he would talk and what his voice would sound like until i realized i was just doing the voice of floki from the tv show vikings on the history channel.

• Options
    I also have an arm bone in my inventory, let's not forget!

Is the hand still somehow attached? Not truly relevant to my actions whenever we start off with me next session, but would be visually amusing.

I think I will start rolling a 1d3, with a 1 having my character just steal any object within 5 feet of him so his Kleptomania can stay out of my control. Though, I can just play it by ear if needed.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    edited February 2016
    Firebird wrote: »
    I also have an arm bone in my inventory, let's not forget!

Is the hand still somehow attached? Not truly relevant to my actions whenever we start off with me next session, but would be visually amusing.

I think I will start rolling a 1d3, with a 1 having my character just steal any object within 5 feet of him so his Kleptomania can stay out of my control. Though, I can just play it by ear if needed.

No hand. I had you roll 1d6?

1: Hand
    2: Arm
    3: leg
    4: foot
    5: Rib
    6: Head

I think that is what I had. It was something like that, and so it is from shoulder to hand. No shoulder, no hand. Which is an odd bone to have?
    Petesalzl wrote: »
    i was enjoying how ulgor was slowly sounding more and more like scruffy the janitor. i know earlier when i was trying hard to get in my characters head and decide how he would think i started kinda feeling like i knew how he would talk and what his voice would sound like until i realized i was just doing the voice of floki from the tv show vikings on the history channel.

I have no idea what I started talking like as tinkneedle. I hope no one expects me to have ascents right.

DyasAlure on
  • Options
    I can work with just the arm bone.

I think the pelvic bone or part of the spinal column are weird bones to carry around.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    yeah, the accents were all good fun.
    i also noticed tink seemed to be blaming the current situation on his boss but didnt elaborate. curiouser and curiouser.
    @Firebird thats a really good idea on rolling the d3 for klepto and making it truly out of your control but at the same time he isnt stealing absolutely everything.

• Options
    edited February 2016
    yeah, the accents were all good fun.
    i also noticed tink seemed to be blaming the current situation on his boss but didnt elaborate. curiouser and curiouser.
    @Firebird thats a really good idea on rolling the d3 for klepto and making it truly out of your control but at the same time he isnt stealing absolutely everything.

This was something I was going to say. . . Than didn't

edit:
    Huh, you don't say?

DyasAlure on
  • Options
    i was enjoying how ulgor was slowly sounding more and more like scruffy the janitor.

It was funny when it hit me that I had never decided how Ulgur would speak, but then I remembered Mr. Fuzzums (often referred to as "the boss") is the true hero of my story and Ulgur is just an unwilling participant. Also makes roleplaying easier when I just have to decide on the least amount of words to say in the gruffest way possible.

• Options
    edited February 2016
    In a awesome turn of events. The Humble Bundle book bundle is nothing but Pathfinder books.

Just guides and campaigns of it!

Firebird on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    UseR2006UseR2006 MelbourneRegistered User regular
    Also Humble Bundle just put up a new bundle for the Pathfinder books. https://www.humblebundle.com/books/paizo-pathfinder-bundle

"I know you've been online.... There are lots of people that don't have that voice, that makes them ask themselves if what they make is shit or not." [img][/img]WJnjIS1.png
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    my question is, are these physical books, because one of them says (physical copy) which makes me question why only that one says that and none of the rest, because otherwise, all of their books are on their website for 100% free. which is the humblest of all.

• Options
    edited February 2016
    They all look like PDF's. Except the beginners one for $25.

I would love the physical books more. The idea of having them in PDF for is interesting for the idea of campaign books?

Edit:
    I was just thinking, and I wanted to say something. I realized I left real fast last night, and wanted to mention that some RL happened. I was trying to get everyone to the room you all ended in for a stopping point. Don't worry, everyone will get a chance to chat some more with tinkneedle before we move on. I just was trying to get to a good stopping point.

DyasAlure on
  • Options
    So there was talk that we may need a new night so @UseR2006 can join us this time around? Probably best to do it sooner rather than later.

• Options
    id be fine with that. im almost always free most any weeknight, but tuesday actually would be my last choice since that tends to be when my work has night meetings the most often. its also when the local theater has half of movies and popcorn.
    and are we trying to play weekly was also a question i meant to ask.