As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Year Is 3029. All The World Is Ruled By The McElroy [Podcast] Empire.

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    edited March 2016
    Straightzi wrote: »
    I mean with the exception of trini

They totally do all have their colors as their main shirt color

I dunno man they were never going to do full on one-color clothing, I actually quite like those outfits

Someone summon someone from the fashion thread, I don't know shit about clothes

Hi

I'm here from the fashion thread to let you know that you might be colorblind

Ok to be clear

I know that dark navy is not the same as "blue"

But I really don't need them to wear the exact correct colors as long as they pay homage to them

I'm not talking about that

I'm talking more about the burgundy that you seem to think is pink

Or the orange that is "yellow-ish"

purple and pink are in the same family

and orange IS yellow-ish

Burgundy isn't purple, and I wouldn't put purple and pink in the same family either anyways. Pink is just a lighter shade of red and a warm color while purple is a combination of two primary colors and a cool color.

Edit: sweet color pedantry TOTP for page 100.

Lasbrook on
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I mean with the exception of trini

They totally do all have their colors as their main shirt color

I dunno man they were never going to do full on one-color clothing, I actually quite like those outfits

Someone summon someone from the fashion thread, I don't know shit about clothes

Hi

I'm here from the fashion thread to let you know that you might be colorblind

Ok to be clear

I know that dark navy is not the same as "blue"

But I really don't need them to wear the exact correct colors as long as they pay homage to them

I'm not talking about that

I'm talking more about the burgundy that you seem to think is pink

Or the orange that is "yellow-ish"

purple and pink are in the same family

and orange IS yellow-ish

I disagree on both of those points.

Also burgundy is much more a shade of red than a shade of purple, but that's just quibbling.

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Okay

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular

Thanks podcast thread

Come check out the toku thread some time!

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Colors. They're complicated and defy easy categorization!

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular

They are!

There's some really weird history behind them too, like how certain ancient cultures didn't have a word for blue, possibly because they couldn't see blue.

Obviously not actually, but there's a huge linguistic component to the perception of color that can really screw with perceptions.

• Options
    I just think its super cool that I was like "I find this to be an acceptable homage to the original colors because they're close enough" and was swiftly and justly told that I am wrong to think that, thank you for showing me the error of my ways

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Purple is pretty cool.

It's a royal color because purple dye was so expensive.

• Options

They are!

There's some really weird history behind them too, like how certain ancient cultures didn't have a word for blue, possibly because they couldn't see blue.

Obviously not actually, but there's a huge linguistic component to the perception of color that can really screw with perceptions.

Yeah, Japan always saw blue and green as shades of the same color and didn't really distinguish much between the two until they started getting a bunch of exposure to Western stuff. The lines we draw between "shades" are pretty damn arbitrary.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    I just think its super cool that I was like "I find this to be an acceptable homage to the original colors because they're close enough" and was swiftly and justly told that I am wrong to think that, thank you for showing me the error of my ways

Taking it a little personally there, bud. We disagreed on the "close enough" part is all.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options

I mean, if you think it's an homage, that's rad.

Like, I know literally nothing about Power Rangers, I have no dog in this fight.

From an outsider point of view however, the colors do not look to be what you are claiming they are.

I'm not arguing about Power Rangers, I'm arguing about what colors are visible in that image.

• Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    No no no, what if you're wrong.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options

They are!

Yeah, Japan always saw blue and green as shades of the same color and didn't really distinguish much between the two until they started getting a bunch of exposure to Western stuff. The lines we draw between "shades" are pretty damn arbitrary.

You can also see it in the Greek classics

Homer keeps using the epithet wine-dark for the ocean, and while that's hardly conclusive proof

I've drank a lot of wine and swam in a lot of water

And those two ain't very similar

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I listened to Cool Games Inc on the drive into work today

seems pretty good so far, and that was just the first episode!

• Options

Like, I know literally nothing about Power Rangers, I have no dog in this fight.

From an outsider point of view however, the colors do not look to be what you are claiming they are.

I'm not arguing about Power Rangers, I'm arguing about what colors are visible in that image.

And starting by going "you're colorblind and don't know what colors are" is a super good way to get your point across

• Options

They are!

Homer keeps using the epithet wine-dark for the ocean, and while that's hardly conclusive proof

White wine and pissy slough-water.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular

They are!

Fun fact, green apples in Japan are called aoi ringo, which we would translate as "blue apple"

Also traffic lights in Japan are the shade of green that is as close to blue as legally possible according to international traffic laws.

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Microwave ranger, infrared ranger, visible light ranger, ultraviolet ranger, x-ray ranger

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »

They are!

Fun fact, green apples in Japan are called aoi ringo, which we would translate as "blue apple"

Also traffic lights in Japan are the shade of green that is as close to blue as legally possible according to international traffic laws.

I do not acknowledge the existence of Pokemon Green

6F32U1X.png
  • Options

They are!

Please

I don't drink white

• Options
    edited March 2016
    Harmonic Ranger. Stinky Ranger. Coarse Ranger. Umami Ranger. The Synesthesia Rangers!

OmnipotentBagel on
    cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    Diarmuid wrote: »
    Oh, I guess Video Gaiden is back

https://youtu.be/ecVDzKzLrhk

Kenan-Thompson-All-That-1024x699.jpg

?

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular

And starting by going "you're colorblind and don't know what colors are" is a super good way to get your point across

Holy moly it was a sarcastic joke

Like the one you just made

• Options

They are!

Please

I don't drink white

Then you should appreciate my choice of comparison.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular

They are!

Please

I don't drink white

your loss

• Options
    AtomicTofu wrote: »

I chuckled at it. The delivery was quite good.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options

I'm frustrated because I've repeated that I do not actually think Burgandy = Pink about 10 times and people seem to be extremely sure that I cannot see what colors are

It is a frustrating feeling over something I didn't expect to be nitpicked to death over.

• Options

I'm frustrated because I've repeated that I do not actually think Burgandy = Pink about 10 times and people seem to be extremely sure that I cannot see what colors are

It is a frustrating feeling over something I didn't expect to be nitpicked to death over.

I'm sorry you're feeling nitpicked. I think just nobody else is really taking this discussion very seriously. I sure wasn't. No one actually thinks you're colorblind or dumb or anything. I don't think anyone else really cares how you classify colors either.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    I'm sorry, I didn't mean to snap

I was trying to be jokey about it but having 10 people tell you you don't know what pink is is super frustrating

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Visible is red ranger
    UV is pink ranger
    X-Ray is yellow ranger
    Infrared is green ranger
    Microwave is blue ranger

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Happy Ranger, Tall Ranger, Fighting Ranger, Friendly Ranger, Dangerous Ranger

A reminder that I don't know anything about Power Rangers, but everyone else is making a team so I thought I'd join in.

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular

What even is a color, maasaaaaan?

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options

A reminder that I don't know anything about Power Rangers, but everyone else is making a team so I thought I'd join in.

I love this very much because most of the time "friendly" or "Fighting" is about as much characterization as they get

especially "tall"

• Options
    The eight rangers that form the Gamerazord can be found next to this and every other one of my posts.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    Sonic Ranger, Tails Ranger, Knuckles Ranger, Amy Ranger, Big Ranger

edgy sixth Shadow Ranger

• Options
    edited March 2016

I love this very much because most of the time "friendly" or "Fighting" is about as much characterization as they get

especially "tall"

I'm gonna go with: Trini, Tommy, Zack, Kimberly, and Jason. Billy is the missing "Nerdy Ranger" of course. Kimberly and Trini are kind of interchangeable here because I'm not sure how to quantify the difference between friendly and happy in a meaningful way.

OmnipotentBagel on
    cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    I have sweet Rangers, meat Rangers, cold Rangers, mold Rangers, bold Rangers with lime, Rangers with slime, veggie Rangers, wedgy Rangers, hedgy Rangers (I used some of my neighbor's hedge in that one), Rangers with spice, Rangers with lice, berry Rangers, hairy Rangers, dairy Rangers, and at Christmas, ho ho ho, merry Rangers.

sig.gif
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Dang videogaiden guy has lost a lot of weight I almost didn't recognize him.

• Options
    I like Fighting Ranger 'cause he Fights the goodest.

This discussion has been closed.