As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[MMA]Break a leg!

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Dangerbird wrote: »
    *buys ppv*

I hope Dom will see some small part of the ppv sales, 'cause he was the one who sold me on this.

i cannot wait to see the clinic he puts on.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Fite tyme.

johnny hendricks is probably on his way out after a very poor showing that the judges actually judged correctly.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Goodbye Hendricks

• Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    Good, he has been nothing but a whiner since the GSP fight.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Stun Gun is up.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TJ bringing incredible quickness so far.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    Garbrandt is shocking everyone and looking like an absolute champion.

Shades of Anderson prime with the way he is mocking Cruz.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Incredible fight. So happy for
    Garbrandt. Totally deserves it.

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Christ, Ronda looks ripped compared to the Holly fight.

• Options
    I've known Cody was talented because he was in the local amateur organization and worked with some wrestlers from my highschool so I've supported him for ohio pride. I was definitely rooting against him in this one. Mostly based off of the people I know who are friends with him and how they're all kind of douchebags. His behavior leading up to the fight reinforced that.
    But I Haven't met him directly so I can't say anything to who he is now or his personality. With such an outstanding performance he absolutely deserves the title.

H8 free zone here

steam_sig.png
  • Options
  • Options
    HAHAHHAHAHHAHHAH YES

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Goddamn, what a right hand.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    thats all coaching folks. She stood there straight up and down with zero foot work. Every single breakdon said straight up rhonda CANT walk forward on the champ. She HAS to show footwork. ZERO. Thats the same flaw holly exposed. They didn't even attempt to fix it.

I mean.... we dont even know what ronda is or was based on this. I hope she takes a new coach and comes back. Maybe she doesnt.

She made 3 mil for that.

Im annoyed for ronda.

mojojoeo on
    Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    That was not the most surprising thing I've ever seen.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    Edmond-Tarverdyan.jpg
    "You're doing great champ!"

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    She looked about as good as CM Punk.

She has to retool and come back. She cant go out like that

Steroids ass cyborg would literally kill her in the ring.

mojojoeo on
    Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Welp, now comes the "Rousey to WWE" speculation.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    mojojoeo wrote: »

Punk lasted longer

• Options
    wirehead26 wrote: »

"Forget the shadow realm, Nunes just sent Ronda straight to the WWE."

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    wirehead26 wrote: »

hey man- this is literally the time. Theres has been 3 women's matches headlining raw in the past 6 months. The women are out mic'ing, and out wrestling the men now. Rhonda could fit right in that pocket with work.

mojojoeo on
  • Options
    edited December 2016

Punk lasted longer

You jest? is that for real?

edit- I find myself not believing that all she accomplished was that weak. Its like 20 years of mens MMA distilled in 14 fights- ie the game caught up to her.

edit edit- no double leg attempt?

mojojoeo on
  • Options

Punk lasted longer

edit- I find myself not believing that all she accomplished was that weak. Its like 20 years of mens MMA distilled in 14 fights- ie the game caught up to her.

edit edit- no double leg attempt?

It's not the game it's her coaching. She has the talent and athleticism but her coaching relied only on her talent and athleticism and she reached a plateau.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2016

Punk lasted longer

Nunes/Ronda - 48 seconds
    Gall/Punk - 2 minutes 14 seconds

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options

Punk lasted longer

Nunes/Ronda - 48 seconds
    Gall/Punk - 2 minutes 14 seconds

Brutal. o strikes landed. 48 seconds.

• Options
    DangerbirdDangerbird Registered User regular
    It seemed like Cruz got away from his style a bit. Whenever he would get hit, his pride would make him want to try and get one back, but then he'd get hit again. Hats off to Cody, he looked amazing.

I feel a little sorry for Ronda, that was a bad loss. Not as bad as the Holly fight, but still pretty humiliating.

• Options
    It seemed like Cruz got away from his style a bit. Whenever he would get hit, his pride would make him want to try and get one back, but then he'd get hit again. Hats off to Cody, he looked amazing.

I feel a little sorry for Ronda, that was a bad loss. Not as bad as the Holly fight, but still pretty humiliating.

I'd say that was a lot worse than the holly fight.

steam_sig.png
  • Options

I'd say that was a lot worse than the holly fight.

100% worse. She got hit by holly and kept coming. She got hit here and FROZE.
    mentally she may not have it anymore.

• Options
    oh Jesus edmounds coaching has been isolated. "Make her miss miss missssss. She'll fade be patient. Pick your moments. head movement! move please! clinch. clinch. no nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo"

nice call coach. Good plan.

• Options
    oh Jesus edmounds coaching has been isolated. "Make her miss miss missssss. She'll fade be patient. Pick your moments. head movement! move please! clinch. clinch. no nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo"

nice call coach. Good plan.

i mean what other tremendous athletes are training with him?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I feel the Holly finish was worse because she faceplanted like a mannequin falling over.

Who knows, if the fight wasn't stopped, maybe she was on her way to doing the same in this one too.

• Options
    I feel the Holly finish was worse because she faceplanted like a mannequin falling over.

Who knows, if the fight wasn't stopped, maybe she was on her way to doing the same in this one too.

calm down edmond.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Chessboxing909Chessboxing909 Registered User regular
    Nunes called out Edmond criticizing him for convincing Ronda she can box and was critical of him at the post fight press conference.
    Everyone hates that dude.

"I will f**kin' beat you into the ground in front of your whole life that I don't get to have." -Nick Diaz

I love south american ground karate
  • Options
    Nunes called out Edmond criticizing him for convincing Ronda she can box and was critical of him at the post fight press conference.
    Everyone hates that dude.

She hugged him at the end of the fight.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    It may have just been my imagination, but it seemed like Faber was staring enviously at that kid when Cody put the belt around him.

:D

• Options
    edited December 2016
    It may have just been my imagination, but it seemed like Faber was staring enviously at that kid when Cody put the belt around him.

:D

*sips haterade from sippy cup*

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    had a feeling it would happen, and someone already has the fight up on YouTube (fight was so short they'll likely skirt copyright with how they added music). That right hook, and the desperate attempt to call the fight before Rousey fell to the ground in completely dashed Hollywood hopes, UFC should be smart and try and prop up Joanna

• Options
  • Options
    ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    Ronda's mom has been hating on Edmond for years now. Ronda should have listened to her.

She would have done better at literally any other fight team in the country. Pick one - any one - and it would have been better for her career. She wouldn't even have needed to leave California if she didn't want to. There is King's MMA, AKA, Alliance MMA...she can do so much better than Glendale Fight Club.

At this point, she either has to retire or change camps. Those are the only two options. People know her game now: Keep distance and avoid her clinch and you can destroy her from range because her striking, head movement and footwork are all garbage. Unless she's going to work with someone that is going to fix those deficiencies, she is better off never entering a cage again. Her one trick worked for a while, but it's over now.

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    If her own mother can't convince her to change coaches, no one can.

It's really unfortunate.

I agree that she either needs to change coaches or just walk away entirely. There's a ton of other stuff she can do with her life.