As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Where can I buy a Penny Arcade storage bag?

MarioManiacMarioManiac Registered User regular
On the official website, they are sold out of the black bags to store your pins. Any ideas where else I can get one? I did look on eBay and all they had were Disney ones. don't want a Disney one cause I want one fairly clean (without logos or anything on it) so I can sew my PAX East patches onto it. Any help would be awesome, thanks.

"If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 mph, you're gonna see some serious shit!"
signature_zpsh4qstnbp.png
https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/MarioManiac

• Options
    thefawnnthefawnn Draws pictures and loves Gabe seattle, WARegistered User regular
    The "original" merch bags are actually destructive to pins, they rub the eyes off the faces :( So I wouldn't suggest buying one from eBay even if you did find one.
    You can talk to @maywest who makes the pin trading messenger bags! She does the orders in bulk though, so you may (or may not) be just slightly too late for this batch.
    Otherwise you can pick up an official merch bag at the next PAX or on the website once they make the new and improved versions.

ORRRRR you can just order/create a bag of your own on one of the many online design sites. People have made really cool trading bags in the past. My only warning would be if it does have flaps/pages to look into what material they're made of so you avoid pins going blind. :)

• Options
    Hmm ok. Do you have any suggestions for online design sites just to get me going? I'm still new to this as this April will be my second PAX East and second overall.

"If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 mph, you're gonna see some serious shit!"
  • Options
    RenfamousRenfamous Weeb, Unexceptional Cosplayer Houston, TexasRegistered User regular
    @Raeberac has an awesome third party bag, I bet if you say his name backwards three times he'll appear and give you the link

• Options
    blighttdmblighttdm NYRegistered User regular
    Disney pin bags are also a good solution. You can even get a chewbaca themed one.

• Options
    mightyh0bbesmightyh0bbes Subterranean Arcadian SeattleRegistered User regular
    I ordered a lapel pin bag on Amazon in 2014 and it's still going great. No eyes rubbed off. I only use it for the cons though, I don't use it as a display.

www.paxsignaturegenerator.com:8080/signature.png
  • Options
    maywestmaywest Registered User regular
    I am currently doing a Pinny Pal bag order. They are $25, and have your forum name on them. I will have them at East, for those who order one. If you are interested in one, send me a PM.

Here is what my bag looks like:

xl6e9oto7785.jpg

• Options
    OK I have a dilemma. I made the stupid mistake of using a different name when I created my Pinnypals account. I should have used the same name is the one i use here, MarioManiac. This way everything will be aligned under one name and it'll be easier for trading and talking and telling peeps my username. People will have only have one name to remember. Is there any way I can change it, or close that account and create a new one with my forum name? Or am I stuck with this one? I don't know why I didn't think to just use the same name for both sites.

• Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    OK I have a dilemma. I made the stupid mistake of using a different name when I created my Pinnypals account. I should have used the same name is the one i use here, MarioManiac. This way everything will be aligned under one name and it'll be easier for trading and talking and telling peeps my username. People will have only have one name to remember. Is there any way I can change it, or close that account and create a new one with my forum name? Or am I stuck with this one? I don't know why I didn't think to just use the same name for both sites.

Maybe @grgemonkey can help you out

• Options
    mightyh0bbesmightyh0bbes Subterranean Arcadian SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited February 2016
    mightyh0bbes on
    www.paxsignaturegenerator.com:8080/signature.png
  • Options
    thefawnnthefawnn Draws pictures and loves Gabe seattle, WARegistered User regular

This, or you can just create a new account probably?

• Options
    fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    The only thing I can say for sure is you can't change your forum name to match.

It doesn't look like you have made any trades on the site yet, but creating a new account would mean adding all your pins again.

• Options
    hadiwisthadiwist Nashville, TNRegistered User regular

Yes, I made the same mistake, and @grgemonkey graciously was able to set it up so that it worked with my forum name. I'd DM him, and give him some time to respond.

• Options
    Sorry for not getting back to you all. Last night @grgemonkey got it fixed. Now I'm MarioManiac on here and on PinnyPals. Everything's good to go now.

• Options
    And I am getting a Pin bag from Maywest.