As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Pokemon] SuMo Time!

• Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    I wonder if the Kalos starters are gonna get Mega Evolutions..would've been pretty much a sure thing with Z, but I'm not so sure about it happening in a new gen.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
  • ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    Maz- wrote: »
    I wonder if the Kalos starters are gonna get Mega Evolutions..would've been pretty much a sure thing with Z, but I'm not so sure about it happening in a new gen.

Lucario gets a new Mega! Amiibo exclusive!

XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
  • Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    PLA wrote: »
    At least we know that ditto can drive car.
    When you have as many baby mommas as it does to drive to the hospital, Ditto pretty much had to learn.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    PLA wrote: »
    At least we know that ditto can drive car.

Does that mean ditto can hatch their own damned eggs?

• Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    They've evolved to run from child support faster.

...I'll stop now.

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    That is something I never knew I needed until right now.

XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • CSStheGr8CSStheGr8 Registered User regular
    Hah, I was just contemplating picking up yellow and thinking of all the time I was going to spend playing voltorb flip to get that dratini from the game corner.....and then remembered that's silver/gold. Oops.

3DS FC: 2363-6921-5075
  • Hexmage-PAHexmage-PA Registered User regular
    Honestly the biggest thing I'm hoping for in Sun/Moon is a shake-up in how competitive Pokemon battles are played. Maybe they'll use data from online play to see what Pokemon, moves and items are overused and adjust things to make more options viable. I know I'd love to see Earthquake and Stealth Rock nerfed, for one thing. Maybe then every single team won't have a Garchomp.

A fly Pokemon would be nice, especially if it is the first bug/dark type.

• General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    I thought Nintendo has next to no interest in competitive balance?

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Hexmage-PA wrote: »
    Honestly the biggest thing I'm hoping for in Sun/Moon is a shake-up in how competitive Pokemon battles are played. Maybe they'll use data from online play to see what Pokemon, moves and items are overused and adjust things to make more options viable. I know I'd love to see Earthquake and Stealth Rock nerfed, for one thing. Maybe then every single team won't have a Garchomp.

I want more bug pokemon in general. Especially bug pokemon that aren't weak as all fuck

JtgVX0H.png
  • pirateluigipirateluigi Arr, it be me. Registered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »

I want more bug pokemon in general. Especially bug pokemon that aren't weak as all fuck

There are a few really good bug pokemon nowadays, but we can always use more. Gen 5 added great ones like Galvantula, Volcarona, and Scolipede. Gen 6 added... Only Vivillon.

Also, Poison needs a lot more love.

http://www.danreviewstheworld.com
    Nintendo Network ID - PirateLuigi 3DS: 3136-6586-7691
    G&T Grass Type Pokemon Gym Leader, In-Game Name: Dan
  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    So, how do you think they'll nerf Evasion this time?

I want a glass cannon ice type instead of a slow bulky one with a bunch of popular 4x weaknesses :(

3DS Friend Code:
  • HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    I wonder if the digital versions of red and blue will still have the mew exploit?

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • ZythonZython Registered User regular
    edited February 2016

I'm honestly surprised they nerved the high-powered Water/Fire/Electric/Ice attacks, but left Earthquake untouched.
    I thought Nintendo has next to no interest in competitive balance?

That's not necessarily the case. It's more that.

1. The competitive scene is balanced around 4v4 doubles, rather than 6v6 singles, and has been for almost 15 years.

2. For whatever reason, GameFreak HATES patching Pokemon post-launch, so balance passes only come every generation.

Zython on
    Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
    edited February 2016
    Edit: Double post. My bad.

Zython on
  • ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    I'm going to start my mass exodus soon.

Getting Alpha sapphire ribbions for all my mon , using all those PP Up's iv been buying with pokemiles because the selections not great it will be glorious

• TayaTaya Registered User regular
    Heatwave wrote: »
    I wonder if the digital versions of red and blue will still have the mew exploit?

The Mew glitch is still in the game. I saw it on reddit and it was confirmed on Miiverse.

• pirateluigipirateluigi Arr, it be me. Registered User regular
    RBY are live in NA!
    8sqo9t9dssrt.jpeg

http://www.danreviewstheworld.com
    Nintendo Network ID - PirateLuigi 3DS: 3136-6586-7691
    G&T Grass Type Pokemon Gym Leader, In-Game Name: Dan
  • ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    I'm going to catch and pokebank 200 Zigzagoons.

So when Sun and moon come out and people are excited to start WTing the new mon.

My Goons will blot out the sun.

• TDawgTDawg Registered User regular
    I want a glass cannon ice type instead of a slow bulky one with a bunch of popular 4x weaknesses :(

Have you considered using Weavile?

(I think the real solution is tweaking Ice type so that its not so defensively terrible, but whatever)

I still sort of wish we weren't getting the second generation on the same hardware treatment- its not bad because I already own the 3DS, but XY don't run well and I desperately hope the same isn't true for Sun/Moon, but since ~3 years seems to be the standard I guess its about time. Still feel like we had time for Z, and wanted to see the Kalos region more fully fleshed out before we got to next year's Sun/Moon, but I can't pretend like I'm not excited. Bring on the new generation!

NNID: ohnoTom || 3DS: 1762-3198-2019 || Steam || Take My Good Pokemon
    Let's Plays of Japanese Games
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Okay, why is there not a pokemon based on this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sword-billed_hummingbird

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    edited February 2016
    TDawg wrote: »

Have you considered using Weavile?

(I think the real solution is tweaking Ice type so that its not so defensively terrible, but whatever)

I still sort of wish we weren't getting the second generation on the same hardware treatment- its not bad because I already own the 3DS, but XY don't run well and I desperately hope the same isn't true for Sun/Moon, but since ~3 years seems to be the standard I guess its about time. Still feel like we had time for Z, and wanted to see the Kalos region more fully fleshed out before we got to next year's Sun/Moon, but I can't pretend like I'm not excited. Bring on the new generation!

I'd like a special attacker. Weavile unfortunately isn't good at special attacks.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
    Gen 1 wooooo! Brock down. This is awesome. Fat pikachu, sprites, everything is so fast compared to newer games. Except leech seed, that crap is slow.

Its been so long since ive played these that i ran full on into gary in front of the pokemon league and uber failed being underleveled and without any other pokes.

• UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Grabbed Yellow because I only played Blue back in the day

Gary gets an...Eevee? This is so weird.

There's a Chansey in Pokemon Centers next to Nurse Joys! Awesome

Seeing as I'm forced into an electric starter, I'm building up a strong team right now before I take on Brock

• HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    Taya wrote: »

The Mew glitch is still in the game. I saw it on reddit and it was confirmed on Miiverse.
    That's awesome! Can never have enough Mews!

My only concern though is just how are the mons supposed to be compatible with the current, since things like nature and special defense weren't originally part the the rby games.

I guess we'll know once they're released

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • TDawgTDawg Registered User regular
    Taya wrote: »

That's awesome! Can never have enough Mews!

My only concern though is just how are the mons supposed to be compatible with the current, since things like nature and special defense weren't originally part the the rby games.

I guess we'll know once they're released

The Pokemon probably gets a random nature (and ability, if there is more than one), and EVs are either re-allocated by % of total, or just reset to 0.

I imagine there is no mechanism to transfer them backwards, yeah?

NNID: ohnoTom || 3DS: 1762-3198-2019 || Steam || Take My Good Pokemon
    Let's Plays of Japanese Games
  • PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    A basevalue like Special ought to be simple enough to replace.

• Hexmage-PAHexmage-PA Registered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »

There are a few really good bug pokemon nowadays, but we can always use more. Gen 5 added great ones like Galvantula, Volcarona, and Scolipede. Gen 6 added... Only Vivillon.

Also, Poison needs a lot more love.

Speaking of bug type, I'd love to put Gyro Ball on my 0 speed IV Escavalier.

So, with the Bank available for Gen 1 Pokemon, how do you think they'll deal with Missing no or glitched Pokemon with impossible levels or stats?

• TamerBillTamerBill Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    So, with the Bank available for Gen 1 Pokemon, how do you think they'll deal with Missing no or glitched Pokemon with impossible levels or stats?

The bank already refuses to accept pokemon hacked to have impossible stats, no reason for glitched ones to be handled any differently.

3DS Friend Code: 4828-4410-2451
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    TamerBill wrote: »
    Enlong wrote: »

The bank already refuses to accept pokemon hacked to have impossible stats, no reason for glitched ones to be handled any differently.

Perfect stats however...

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy

Seeing as I'm forced into an electric starter, I'm building up a strong team right now before I take on Brock

Butterfree gets confusion pretty early which can get around their defense. At least thats what i remember.

Enigmedic wrote: »

Butterfree gets confusion pretty early which can get around their defense. At least thats what i remember.

In yellow, you can find Mankeys west of Viridian.

Just turn on the sprinklers.

• PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Unless they're just straight up sleeping on the job, impossible pokemon should be a non-issue. If they'll force pokemon to forget moves they can't learn anymore is the question. And if they'll reject Mew, I suppose.

Just beat Brock with ThunderShock, you cowards.

• TayaTaya Registered User regular
    Even without glitches you can catch impossible lvl 4 Metapods or whatever. Gen 1 is so weird.

• KelorKelor Registered User regular
    Zython wrote: »
    Enigmedic wrote: »

In yellow, you can find Mankeys west of Viridian.

Yeah, but you can't get to Mt Moon until you beat Brock.

I went the Yellow route for the same reason since I always had Blue back in the day and this way I can get all the starters.

Butterfree always did steam roll Brocks gym super hard so that's what I went with too. Honestly the Sandshrew was a rougher fight since it's fast and tough but it got the last few xp I needed for my Metapod to evolve. (Even though it was unconcious at the time)

Just hit Mt Moon and picked up a Mankey and Magikarp.

I have a lot of fond memories of the Gen 1 games, my siblings and I were all exactly the right age when the pokemon boom hit. I got Blue as a birthday present right before going interstate to visit my grandparents and I used to call home and tell them about where I'd been and what pokemon I'd caught each day.