As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Pokemon] SuMo Time!

• JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    HGSS has the same stupid mechanic of showing Egg Pokemon's OT as "Day Care Couple" that Black has....

*Twitch*

• SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    guess I missed the Jirachi window :P
    don't know why they're not keeping these up the whole month

• TDawgTDawg Registered User regular
    guess I missed the Jirachi window :P
    don't know why they're not keeping these up the whole month

Explicitly to make you feel bad.

Just get in on the next one.

NNID: ohnoTom || 3DS: 1762-3198-2019 || Steam || Take My Good Pokemon
    Let's Plays of Japanese Games
  • Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/library/events/160428/03.html

30l.jpg
    Worldwide, the four Virtual Console titles – Pokémon Red, Green, Blue and Pikachu – have been downloaded more than 1.5 million times. More than half of these downloads came from the American market. Since the start of the calendar year, Pokémon has been the subject of much attention in America, and sales are showing a favorable trend. Although these are downloadable software titles, download codes sold through retail stores have been a high proportion of sales in Japan. We believe that we have successfully created a chance to appeal to the nostalgia of consumers who played these titles when they first came out.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Hah, just picked up Pokemon XD. Never touched this one before. IIRC, you play as a bad guy in this one? It's from that era of TROUBLED, DARK PROTAGONISTS from early 2000s, and you're an ex Team Whatever guy with a robot arm?

It any good?

Oh brilliant
  • General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    That depends. Do you love "TROUBLED, DARK PROTAGONISTS?"

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Prince (of Persia!) grew on me. ;P

I dunno tho, dark and edgy Pokemon doesn't seem like a great mix. Was mostly just curious, and it was crazy cheap...

Dark Raven X on
    Oh brilliant
  • IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    fine Pokemon Picross, you made me put ten bucks in my wallet and spend four of it on Picrites.

...I now find myself enjoying this game much more.

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Hah, just picked up Pokemon XD. Never touched this one before. IIRC, you play as a bad guy in this one? It's from that era of TROUBLED, DARK PROTAGONISTS from early 2000s, and you're an ex Team Whatever guy with a robot arm?

It any good?

No that's Colosseum, the prequel. In this one you play as generic Saturday morning shounen protagonist that also happens to have a similar device as Colosseum's protagonist. Unfortunately he's not remotely as interesting as Colosseum's protagonist.

Weird that they're just giving out a regular old Zygarde, which you can just catch in X & Y.

• RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    I wish there was a way to turn on GBC color in the virtual console titles of Pokemon. That would give me the greatest sense of nostalgia. Just doesn't do it for me on black/white or the green screen.

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • pirateluigipirateluigi Arr, it be me. Registered User regular
    Maz- wrote: »

Weird that they're just giving out a regular old Zygarde, which you can just catch in X & Y.

Am I the only one reading the gift message as incredibly sarcastic?

http://www.danreviewstheworld.com
    Nintendo Network ID - PirateLuigi 3DS: 3136-6586-7691
    G&T Grass Type Pokemon Gym Leader, In-Game Name: Dan
  • wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    Riokenn wrote: »
    I wish there was a way to turn on GBC color in the virtual console titles of Pokemon. That would give me the greatest sense of nostalgia. Just doesn't do it for me on black/white or the green screen.

pokemon yellow does display the muted colour pallette, but it won't be as great as you remember. Each town is a different colour, each pokemon has kind of colour. That's about it.

XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    The 3DS is probably not powerful enough for that... </sarcasm>
    It's amazing how much better emulators can be. GB emulators let you pick original GREEN gb colors, GBC colors, or choose any other pallet. Not to mention scaling, cheats, speed control, so on, so forth.

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
    wunderbar wrote: »

pokemon yellow does display the muted colour pallette, but it won't be as great as you remember. Each town is a different colour, each pokemon has kind of colour. That's about it.

Yeah I read about that. But I wish Blue and Red had that as well. Luckily I am two steps away from my GB collection and a DS Lite handy for nostalgia pokemon times. A few extra steps but I really would've loved to have everything in one handheld.

• MusicMusic Registered User regular
    The 3DS is probably not powerful enough for that... </sarcasm>
    It's amazing how much better emulators can be. GB emulators let you pick original GREEN gb colors, GBC colors, or choose any other pallet. Not to mention scaling, cheats, speed control, so on, so forth.

And best of all: Super Game Boy borders

The Darkrai distribution is starting today / tomorrow in various countries. Here's an overview from Serebii:

United States - Gamestop - May 1st through May 24th
    Canada - EBGames - May 1st through May 24th
    United Kingdom - GAME - May 1st through May 24th
    Australia & New Zealand - EBGames - May 1st through May 24th
    Spain - GAME - May 1st through May 24th
    Germany - Gamestop - May 2nd through May 24th
    France - Micromania - May 2nd through May 15th
    Italy - Micromania - May 1st through May 24th
    Belgium - FNAC or GameMania - May 1st through May 24th
    Netherlands - GameMania - May 1st through May 24th
    Finland, Sweden, Norway & Denmark - BR Stores - May 12th through July 31st

Zygarde giveway via internet is on! They'll also distribute shiny Xerneas e and shiny Ylvetal later this month.

camo_sig2.png
  • QuantumShaddowQuantumShaddow Registered User regular
    Zygarde giveway via internet is on! They'll also distribute shiny Xerneas e and shiny Ylvetal later this month.

Really??? Never got Ylvetal, so that's awesome!

3DS FC: 4441-8382-3645
    Switch: SW-7634-0399-6788

QGqFhNv.png
    Shoot, was gonna stop by Gamestop after work and it completely slipped my mind.

They didn't run out of Mew until halfway through the month in February, and Darkrai is way less popular, so I am probably fine. But still...

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Heh. The ones near me ran out within the first couple days, so I made sure to stop by while out doing errands yesterday.

4/4 for the year of event legends.

Edit: Shiny XY? OH HELL YES.

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    Did they send those legendary birds through the electronic mail yet?

• LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    I haven't gotten any yet.

• PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    XY had the most depressing rival, yet. Like, ah, geez, am I some kind of bully? Am I making people obsolete?

• pirateluigipirateluigi Arr, it be me. Registered User regular
    Did they send those legendary birds through the electronic mail yet?

Just got mine this morning!

http://www.danreviewstheworld.com
    Nintendo Network ID - PirateLuigi 3DS: 3136-6586-7691
    G&T Grass Type Pokemon Gym Leader, In-Game Name: Dan
  • skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    If anyone's interested I'm not going to use mine

zn0je1m990ef.jpeg

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • DudemanXDudemanX Riverhead, NYRegistered User regular
    Damn, I didn't hear about the bird giveaway. I already had a Pokemon Trainer Club account but wasn't opted into receiving emails. Oops. Thanks for posting those codes @skeldare but someone already grabbed them.

Steam: DudemanX3
    Discord: Dudeman#9279 - Battle.net: Dudeman#1385
    Twitch: CrashTestJonny - XBox: CrshTstJonny
    Nintendo Switch: SW-4469-1892-0302
  • General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    Is the darkrai distribution one of those code card things or something that I can get by connecting to their WiFi while enjoying a meal from the restaurant across the street from gamestop?

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • DudemanXDudemanX Riverhead, NYRegistered User regular
    Is the darkrai distribution one of those code card things or something that I can get by connecting to their WiFi while enjoying a meal from the restaurant across the street from gamestop?

It's a code just like Mew. :(

Steam: DudemanX3
    Discord: Dudeman#9279 - Battle.net: Dudeman#1385
    Twitch: CrashTestJonny - XBox: CrshTstJonny
    Nintendo Switch: SW-4469-1892-0302
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I forgot about it since I am kind of lazy in getting those legendary birds in X and they are not popping up when I play much like most of the pokemon

• UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    Oh hey I was just asking about this here a couple weeks ago.

Shiny living dex. 3 years.

http://kotaku.com/it-took-one-fan-nearly-three-years-to-obtain-a-perfect-1774264001

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
    People on reddit are suggesting that Gamestop has the ability to print new Darkrai Codes this time around. Ask them at the register and if they are out of cards they can print extra codes on a receipt, supposedly.

Haven't gotten my legendary bird email yet. I just checked and all my email stuff is set up correctly, too. Hoping they are sent out in waves.

• RockinXRockinX Registered User regular
    Ah, I didn't know that e-mail contained it. I opened it earlier and there was no mention about it in the subject.

I also didn't read the first line. HA Zapdos get!

• BartholamueBartholamue Registered User regular
    Does anyone still need an enigma berry? I have over a hundred I can give away on my Y game.

Steam- SteveBartz Xbox Live- SteveBartz PSN Name- SteveBartz
  • IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    Does anyone still need an enigma berry? I have over a hundred I can give away on my Y game.

I could go for one. I won't really be available for trades until tomorrow though.

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
    edited May 2016
    Guys, if anyone one of you can nab me, your Brazilian poke-buddy, a Darkrai or two, I'd be forever indebted!

Stormwatcher on
    camo_sig2.png
    Guys, if anyone one of you can nab me, your Brazilian poke-buddy, a Darkrai or two, I'd be forever indebted!

I'll try!

QGqFhNv.png
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited May 2016
    I also hope those emails are going in waves. I've been set up for awhile now, double checked last month.

edit: looks like I did get it already, was shoved into some spam folder. Subject: "Get the Mythical Pokémon Darkrai in May!"

zerzhul on
    zerzhul wrote: »
    I also hope those emails are going in waves. I've been set up for awhile now, double checked last month.

edit: looks like I did get it already, was shoved into some spam folder. Subject: "Get the Mythical Pokémon Darkrai in May!"

Checked my spam (although they e never been in there). Still have nothing other than this from Nintendo yesterday:pc9nxnjirtj7.png

QGqFhNv.png
    Still no email but I do have my Darkrai codes. The store is only giving out 2 per customer this time around, so I will see if I can make multiple trips.