As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

cool things [chat]

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    No Thom

Cool

not feels

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    Dang cool kids

I hate them so much

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    This happy hour.
    Aww jeez

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    mqc5fsv2wvb5.jpeg

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    mqc5fsv2wvb5.jpeg

Welcome to 80s chat here's your complimentary cocaine

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Geth roll 1d2.

1: SUPER
    2: HOT

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Claridge named his concept schizotypy, and through examination of unusual experiences in the general population and clustering of symptoms in individuals diagnosed with schizophrenia, the work of Claridge work suggested that this personality trait was more complex than had been previously thought and could be broken down into four factors.[4][5]

1. Unusual experiences: The disposition to have unusual perceptual and other cognitive experiences, such as hallucinations, magical or superstitious belief and interpretation of events (see also delusions).
    2. Cognitive disorganization: A tendency for thoughts to become derailed, disorganised or tangential (see also formal thought disorder).
    3. Introverted anhedonia: A tendency to introverted, emotionally flat and asocial behaviour, associated with a deficiency in the ability to feel pleasure from social and physical stimulation.
    4. Impulsive nonconformity: The disposition to unstable mood and behaviour particularly with regard to rules and social conventions.
    Although aiming to reflect some of the features present in diagnosable mental illness, schizotypy does not necessarily imply that someone who is more schizotypal than someone else is more ill. For example, certain aspects of schizotypy may be beneficial. Both the unusual experiences and cognitive disorganisation aspects have been linked to creativity and academic achievement.[6] Jackson[7] proposed the concept of ‘benign schizotypy’ in relation to certain classes of religious experience, which he suggested might be regarded as a form of problem-solving and therefore of adaptive value. The link between positive schizotypy and certain facets of creativity[8] is consistent with the notion of a "healthy schizotypy", which may account for the persistence of schizophrenia-related genes in the population despite their many dysfunctional aspects.

Well see, that's good news. Maybe I'm the "okay" kind of psychotic...

• Options
    MsAnthropyMsAnthropy The Lady of Pain Breaks the Rhythm, Breaks the Rhythm, Breaks the Rhythm The City of FlowersRegistered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    BeNarwhal
    Ebeling spoke to NPR for the 30th anniversary of the Challenger explosion last month. Remarkably, he had spoken anonymously to the same reporter three weeks after the explosion, but now he was ready to speak publicly. He sadly recalled the day and described his three decades of guilt.

“I think that was one of the mistakes that God made,” Ebeling told NPR. “He shouldn’t have picked me for the job. But next time I talk to him, I’m gonna ask him, ‘Why me? You picked a loser.’ ”

But listeners didn’t hear a loser. And they sent hundreds of e-mails and letters to NPR and directly to Ebeling telling him so, NPR first reported Thursday.

His daughter, reached at their Utah home, said she’s been reading him the letters. Engineering teachers said they use him as an example of good ethical practice. Professionals wrote that because of his example they are more vigilant in their jobs.

But there was one person that made him finally start to believe he wasn’t to blame.

Allan McDonald, who was Ebeling’s boss, reached out after the NPR interview aired to tell him that he had done everything he could have done to warn them, including calling Kennedy Space Center to try and stop the launch.

And a spokeswoman for NASA Administrator Charlie Bolden sent a statement commending courageous people like Ebeling who “speak up so that our astronauts can safely carry out their missions.”

“It’s wonderful, it’s like a miracle,” Kathy Ebeling said. “It’s starting to change his mind that he doesn’t feel so guilty, so that’s a miracle. Thirty years of guilt is long enough.”

He told NPR that his “burden,” while not totally gone, was “certainly reduced.”

Howard Berkes, the NPR reporter who has known him for three decades, wrote that “Ebeling is now more buoyant than at any time I’ve seen or talked to him in the past 30 years.”

“Dad, have these letters helped you in finding your peace?” Kathy Ebeling said she’s asked him. He told her, “yes.”

“He doesn’t have to die with this nagging guilt,” she said. “He can die free.”

Those were two really great and moving segments. The kind of thing that makes one actually consider pledging and all of that.

Luscious Sounds Spotify Playlist

"The only real politics I knew was that if a guy liked Hitler, I’d beat the stuffing out of him and that would be it." -- Jack Kirby
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    these nasa engineer feels are not for amateurs

these are pro feels

• Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    This happy hour.
    Aww jeez

at this point in the night, it is no longer happy hour. this is full blown party time.

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    At first I was like "Damn, it's been 30 years since the Challenger explosion? I'm getting old."

Then I was like "...yeah, you're turning 30, you moron."

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    Cinders wrote: »
    Dang cool kids

I hate them so much

They think they're so cool.

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    I'm trying to start on The Witcher 2

I am interested in the story

But the gameplay and design just seems really not fun at all

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    There is a doctor named Hans Clevers.

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    Kana wrote: »

it's p fun once you get the hang of it

when in doubt dodge more

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular

Who plays RPGs for the gameplay? Don't stop filling bars until you see the credits.

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    Sad this chat had nothing to do with sonic youth

its cuz i only posted cool things

sonic youth is cooler than anything you have ever experienced

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    kedinik wrote: »
    There is a doctor named Hans Clevers.
    Dr. Gay Hitler, son of George Washington Hitler, was a local dentist, serving our community from 1922 through 1946 from his office on West Main Street.

• Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Yeah, I heard that interview on NPR. Pretty sad hearing a man so broken. Glad that people have reached out to him and that it's cheered him up.

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »

Simpsons clip where record store clerk doesn't know any of homers cool bands, except now it's the record store bands who are uncool af

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    Zampanov wrote: »

when in doubt dodge more

that's kinda my problem right now

it's just dodge dodge dodge whack

• Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    Zampanov wrote: »

when in doubt dodge more

that's kinda my problem right now

it's just dodge dodge dodge whack

yeah you get more options and whatnot

don't forget to build cool new weapons and stuff too that helps

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular

Simpsons clip where record store clerk doesn't know any of homers cool bands, except now it's the record store bands who are uncool af

sorry i can't hear you over teenage riot

*turns it up*

• Options
    also it was definitely way more effort to type that then find the clip

thus proving you are out of the loop

ie

not hip, never cool

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    @Cinders
    So pretty!! :)

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular

*turns it up*

I bought another Sonic Youth album and it sucks! It's just noise!!

*runs away crying*

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options

*turns it up*

*runs away crying*

um if you're going to quote juno you should maybe get it right

• Options

ie

not hip, never cool

effort is cool now. laziness being cool is so 90s. it is you who are out of the loop

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options

*turns it up*

*runs away crying*

um if you're going to quote juno you should maybe get it right

copied and pasted, i trust random internets

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options

ie

not hip, never cool

effort is cool now. laziness being cool is so 90s. it is you who are out of the loop

yes lazily typing the description of a simpsons clip is effort

congrats

here's a gold star

• Options

ie

not hip, never cool

congrats

here's a gold star

too much effort to be cool, not enough effort for a gold star

this goal post moving

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    (i wouldn't have watched it either way)

• Options

ie

not hip, never cool

congrats

here's a gold star

too much effort to be cool, not enough effort for a gold star

this goal post moving

welcome to the internet

• Options
    pirateluigipirateluigi Arr, it be me. Registered User regular
    https://youtu.be/HMqZ2PPOLik

Always applicable.

http://www.danreviewstheworld.com
    Nintendo Network ID - PirateLuigi 3DS: 3136-6586-7691
    G&T Grass Type Pokemon Gym Leader, In-Game Name: Dan
  • Options
    All the okcupid lesbians are so much cooler than me!

• Options
    the thread-master has spoken, sonic youth is uncool, gavel has banged, onwards and upwards

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    Neco.

You are amaze. kkthnx.

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    5Ln83ph.png

• Options
    the thread-master has spoken, sonic youth is uncool, gavel has banged, onwards and upwards

*slaps jake*

• Options
    Sort of interesting random Japanese history trivia

The government backed 1955 New Life Movement urged women to stay at home taking care of their husbands so that the men could give more energy to their companies. As part of this patriarchal, conservative effort.... condoms and birth control were distributed directly to women, and abortion services were made more widely available.

And then in 1956, Japanese feminists win a major victory by... banning brothels, which had previously been legalized and licensed by the government. Prostitutes respond by organizing and forming a union to protest their loss of livelihoods.

I always appreciate examples of things that are "naturally" conservative or liberal hobbyhorses being demonstrated not to necessarily be so.

This discussion has been closed.