As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

can't remember title of a movie

HalberdBlueHalberdBlue Registered User regular
edited April 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
OK so earlier today I was discussing good crime/gangster movies and I remembered a movie that I thought was REALLY good and planned on buying when it came out on DVD but I forgot about it. Unfortunately I'm going to have to spoil it if you haven't seen it so that it can be identified...

It came out a year or 3 ago. There is a guy and a several accomplices to decide to rob a bank (on Wall Street if I recall correctly). They go in and dress everyone in the bank up in new clothes (I don't remember what they looked like). Basically they stuff everyone that was in the bank in different rooms and they are all wearing the same clothes. They randomly take people out of one room and move them into another. They dress the accomplices up in the same clothes and do the same thing so that they can't be identified later. The main guy (who I could have sworn was Nicholas Cage, but I looked up his movies on IMDB and didn't see it) communicates with the cops throughout the movie, and keeps making ridiculous demands like asking for an airplane. So the accomplices help the main guy knock out a wall and make a fake room and give him a bunch of diamonds or something from the deposit box of the guy who owns the bank. They build the wall back up and leave him there (he tunnels out into the sewers or something like that. The reason the guy who owns the bank doesn't go after them is because he also had information that linked him to the Nazi party that would ruin his reputation, so they are essentially blackmailing him. Then, everyone is released from the bank, and because of the room switching and everyone wearing the same clothes, they cannot identify any of the accomplices and the main guy is of course still in the bank behind a fake wall.

Which movie is this?

HalberdBlue on

• Options
    A-RodA-Rod Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Its a Denzel Washington movie....pretty sure its - "Inside man"

A-Rod on
  • Options
    witch_iewitch_ie Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I think you're talking about Inside Man and it was Clive Owen not Nicholas Cage.

witch_ie on
  • Options
    HalberdBlueHalberdBlue Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Yup thats it! Thanks, can lock the thread.

HalberdBlue on
  • Options
    SzechuanosaurusSzechuanosaurus Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2007
    I like to think of it as a Clive Owen movie.

And pretend Spike Lee had nothing to do with it.

Szechuanosaurus on