As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Trailers] Chapter 2

JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
edited October 2016 in Debate and/or Discourse
JusticeforPluto on

• Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Marvel and DC already went head to head when they scheduled these movies to release on the same day and DC blinked first.

That said, I'm excited for both. Civil War's hype train needs no explanation, but I'm really interested by what we've seen of Wonder Woman so far.

• Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Pfff. This is the best DD trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Cn3DVV0LHY

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    I try not to bag on BvS too much, I am a known Mahvel fanboy, always figure my opinions are way too biased. But maaaan are the Civil War trailers blowing BvS away. They're selling this battle between Cap vs Iron Man. BvS blew it with the Doomsday reveal. I know exactly how that movie is structured, and don't care now.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    I try not to bag on BvS too much, I am a known Mahvel fanboy, always figure my opinions are way too biased. But maaaan are the Civil War trailers blowing BvS away. They're selling this battle between Cap vs Iron Man. BvS blew it with the Doomsday reveal. I know exactly how that movie is structured, and don't care now.

Same, except I rarely resist the temptation to bag on BvS. If it weren't for Batfleck I wouldn't have a single nice thing to say about it.

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    God that Civil War trailer is perfect

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options

Same, except I rarely resist the temptation to bag on BvS. If it weren't for Batfleck I wouldn't have a single nice thing to say about it.

The real sad part is the most recent BvS trailer was great! If it had just been a teaser, then that, then the movie, I'd be way more excited.

(I'd probably still end up disappointed with Doomsday showing up, but I wouldn't be disappointed in advance)

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    It doesn't matter in the fandom wars, DC and Marvel are fighting for second place this year.

• Options
    TexiKen wrote: »
    It doesn't matter in the fandom wars, DC and Marvel are fighting for second place this year.

Who's first place?

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular

Who's first place?

Probably still Star Wars.

• Options
    What? Star Bores?

No no no, Deadpool has won the comic wars of 2015.

• Options
    What? Star Bores?

No no no, Deadpool has won the comic wars of 2015.

For now. Civil War is a movie I'd count on to be superior to it, B vs S is a lost cause in this respect.

• Options
    and someone brought up Danny McBride with that Popstar trailer, well, this might be why he won't show up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9Pf1-B_fOU

Kenny Powers, vice principal. With dandy Boyd Crowder as his nemesis.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Oh man Boyd Crowder a school official mean boy? SIGN ME THE FUCK UP!

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Making sure this doesn't get lost at the end of the last thread...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPxI4yOKdgc

Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • Options
    When did Christopher Walken take on the Wise sage who teaches people life lesson role?

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    When did Christopher Walken take on the Wise sage who teaches people life lesson role?

Joe Dirt?

• Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Preacher wrote: »

For a bit? He does it here or there. This, Click, Joe Dirt(Kinda?), Blast From The Past? Sleepy Hollow?

Ok, maybe not that last one...

Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • Options
    Seven Psychopaths

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    I don't like that Spider-Man look or voice.

It felt like a very flat diverly on his one line.

• Options
    BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    I'll bet it was just taken out of a different scene and put in there, since it's not like his mouth is visible.

GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    Spoilered until images are unborked. egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Options
    Spider-Man's British so obviously he was trying hard not to let his accent slip.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular

Not nearly enough Punisher, plus part 1 has way better music.

• Options
    Carpy wrote: »

Not nearly enough Punisher, plus part 1 has way better music.

I'd take Elektra and the Hand over Punisher and I say this as a Punisher fan. :)

• Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    the best part about the actual show is you don't have to choose

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDNgs0dgjj4

Apparently demons are using Facebook to kill people now.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    ChenChen Registered User regular
    The way they pose and all decide to run into each other was a really dumb shot, especially with Hawkeye and Black Widow in the mix. Reminds me of this famous shot:

avengers-age-of-ultron-action-shot-e1431061914552.jpg

V0Gug2h.png
  • Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    I just want to say that every time I see that shot I think that cap is riding tony and/or has a bright red and gold motorbike. I go half and half between them and am not sure which one I want more.

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    NoughtNought Registered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDNgs0dgjj4

What do you mean "now".

This is the truth Social Network didn't want you to know.
    God it looks bad. But then I'm not a Horror fan.

On fire
    Island. Being on fire.
  • Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    So... a dumber Unfriended.

• Options
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    So... a dumber Unfriended.

And here we thought that was the bottom of the stupid barrel.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    That shot was slightly over the top but it was also a nod to comic book paneling, which is what it resembles.

• Options
    Nah, that was a good trailer for a popcorn horror movie.

• Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »

yeah, cause that's so much dumber than using a VHS tape to exact revenge upon the living.

the movie looks bad, but its not because the of the premise. it looks poorly written, poorly acted and just all around poorly executed. but i'm sure the idea behind it could prove entertaining in more capable hands.

• Options
    Page-Page- Registered User regular
    Whitley Strieber lol

Competitive Gaming and Writing Blog Updated in October: "Song (and Story) of the Day"
    Anyone want to beta read a paranormal mystery novella? Here's your chance.
    stream
  • Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    I haven't really been following Marvel movies but I'm confused why Civil War is billed as a Captain America movie. Looks very Avengers 3.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    That's come up a few times in the Mahvel thread. It's mostly about tone, I guess. It apparently feels like a sequel to Winter Soldier more than a sequel to Age of Ultron.

That said, it is looking very much like a practice run for the massive ensemble casts the Infinity War movies are gonna have.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    Focus I'd guess as well.

Yeah Iron Man is there but we should be seeing from the outside like Cap. So we won't know there is a spider-man on his team because we aren't privy to his side of the story.

Unless the trailers ruin it of course.

• Options
    Emissary42Emissary42 Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okPLF9Ad9ns
    "We hope you have a pleasant stay on Citadel S-station."

Emissary42 on
  • Options
    TaranisTaranis Registered User regular
    That's a lot of tessellation or whatever, but it looks gorgeous. Hopefully this isn't hit with a cease and desist from whomever owns the IP. Never mind, looks like the developers own the rights to the franchise.

EH28YFo.jpg