As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Trailers] Chapter 2

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    get to play as space elves in the new warhammer?

I'd kind of like space elf armor in dark souls

• Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
  • Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    Doodmann wrote: »
    I love that this forum will always lean into the setup for that comic.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZW0SBkt7OQ

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    That DOW3 trailer makes me want a 40k movie. Just give it to an auteur with strong visuals. I don't mind if the plot is rubbish so long as we get almost surreal scenes of carnage like that trailer.

I'm pretty sure they did put out a DTV WH40K CGI film. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1679332/

And it was rubbish.

• Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited May 2016
    akajaybay wrote: »

So a bunch of people are work have seen this and say it's a really good feel-good film.

Apparently lot of the humour and jokes are New Zealand-centric, so you'll only get them if you're a Kiwi. Just a heads up if you think that sort of humour is for the birds.

Mortious on
    Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    I watched just enough Flight of the Conchords to understand that Kiwi humor is strange (no offense, lovely people).

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular

I can't think of a single trailer with with a worse voice over than this. It's like a straight to VHS TV trailer.

• Options
    ChiselphaneChiselphane Registered User regular
    That looks horrible. You can't just stuff a bunch of "hey look how kooky and offbeat we are" in a film it and have it be anything. Well, maybe you could, but it would take a lot more talent than what's on display there. I am betting the voiceover is deliberately bad.

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    Don't think this was posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgdxIlSuB70

I don't know, it'll probably be decent, Lively is a good actress, but there seemed to be some unnecessary CGI there. Plus it's a 90 minute movie where it's about getting from one small rock to a buoy.

• Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    I don't like vs nature stories where the animal is like weirdly insistent on getting at the food it can't see for no reason.

Like I'm 90% certain sharks don't usually bite a couple things to death, then circle around a place where the water was choppy once for the next few hours.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    I don't like vs nature stories where the animal is like weirdly insistent on getting at the food it can't see for no reason.

Like I'm 90% certain sharks don't usually bite a couple things to death, then circle around a place where the water was choppy once for the next few hours.

It depends, sometimes predators (including sharks) can be horrifyingly persistent.

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Reminds me of movies like Frozen and The Gray where the wolves hunt and stalk human beings like slasher villains.

I know they're wild animals and all but are wolves really known to be that damn insistent on eating people lost in the woods?

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Did someone say sharks?
    Nic Cage Vs Sharks
    No youtube link so far that I can find.

akajaybay on
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Soo the new power ranger movie costumes/armor.

Very weird. I was hoping they would keep some of their superhero/sentai flair but they look very rough.

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Apparently the power rangers are now a division of stark industries.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    They're way too busy.

I like the idea, but I hate the execution.

Also heels, lol gg saban.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Kind of reminds me of the Bayformers designs in that it feels like theres abit too much going on here. Tone it down some and make the suits look less hardened and it might not look that bad.

Could be a lot worse, not some horrifying sacrilege but not really a fan. Abit too robotic looking.

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    They should do more this:
    3YKrrVkl.png

and less this:
    V2e4vrJ.png

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    All will be forgiven if theres atleast a badass instrumental remix of the classic theme song.
    There won't be but still.

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    Reminds me of movies like Frozen and The Gray where the wolves hunt and stalk human beings like slasher villains.

I know they're wild animals and all but are wolves really known to be that damn insistent on eating people lost in the woods?

No, but if they were starving then its plausible. And wolves do pursue prey doggedly (hah) unlike, say, a cheetah or something which makes one run and if it doesn't work they go for a full reset on a different target.

• Options

No, but if they were starving then its plausible. And wolves do pursue prey doggedly (hah) unlike, say, a cheetah or something which makes one run and if it doesn't work they go for a full reset on a different target.

They hunt like humans do, since they're pack hunters.

• Options
    bowen wrote: »

They hunt like humans do, since they're pack hunters.

There's an interesting theory that it's the other way around. That our distant ancestors learned socialization and group hunting by observing proto-wolves and wolf-like ancestors of dogs. It would explain why some of our behavior is distinctly un-primatelike.

• Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Apparently the power rangers are now a division of stark industries.

They look like mass effect armors

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    Not even good Mass Effect armors, like someone's deviant art drawings of Mass Effect armor.

They look more 90's than the 90's PR movie did.

Power Rangers, more liek Dour Rangers, high five team.

• Options
    DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    go go power rangers!
    exsx5s6ralpflnymw8i2_zpsquytdh4f.png

• Options
    edited May 2016
    Pink Ranger really let herself go there.

edit: WTF pink ranger doesn't even have the skirt anymore I don't know these Power Rangers anymore

TexiKen on
  • Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular

The Grey had a good reason for the wolves attacking.
    The survivors were heading towards the pack's den.

• Options

And of course the wolves in Frozen didn't have to do anything but wait for dinner to fall out of the sky. Wolves aren't stupid and would probably be able to put two and two together after being attracted to one easy meal and seeing two more meals hanging above them making lots of noise. Wolves are easily scared off by humans with guns, or anything that looks like it might be a gun, which is why they fall back when one of the people brandishes a ski pole. But beyond that, they were unarmed and basically helpless so 2/3 of them get eaten.

• Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
  • Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    akajaybay wrote: »
    Did someone say sharks?
    Nic Cage Vs Sharks
    No youtube link so far that I can find.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSTC6nnbaRo

• Options
    ChiselphaneChiselphane Registered User regular
    The Nice Guys looks like such a fun movie. I wish the trailer was shorter though

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular

More importantly then that the wolves are very symbolic. It's not really meant to be 100% authentic animal behaviour.

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular

I ... wha .... huh.

Well, it's got my attention, I'll give it that.

I feel like there's a 20% chance this will be great and an 80% chance it will suck balls and nothing really in between.

• Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    Pretty sure that Nice Guys trailer gives the ending away.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    That Urge trailer reminds me of the way Supernatural presented the horseman for famine.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Preacher wrote: »
    That Urge trailer reminds me of the way Supernatural presented the horseman for famine.

Good call

For reference:

(caution: graphic)

• Options
    Vidya Gam trailer. I'm perfect okay with every single bwaaaa here.

https://youtu.be/c7nRTF2SowQ

• Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    I like that they're doing a WW1 game, but I'm going to wait for so many reviews before I buy another BF game.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    An accurate ww1 game would you getting cold and wet for 4 years and then dying because you've been ordered to run across an open field towards a machine gun embankment, or just staying cold and wet the whole time and then dying of Spanish flu when you get home.

World War 1 fucking sucked.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options