As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Daylight Satans Time

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    I don't care which schedule we are on, but we should pick one and never swap.
    Oh hell, now I have to remember how to change my car stereo

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Tonight I have to change my clock. Tomorrow I have to lose an hour of sleep.

That is bullshit I needs my sleep.

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I like waking up to darkness and having the sun shine until late in the evening. Get on DST and stick with it!
    Just stay up late enough that the clock changes while you're still awake

You won't lose any sleep that way

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    I would vote for Hitler if he promised to abolish DST.

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Switching between the two is fine. Don't change a thing!
    Bucketman wrote: »

Go to bed early?

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular

Go to bed early?

You're not my real dad!

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular

Go to bed early?

Yeah ok. Go to bed early. Next thing you know I'll be eating something other then Ice Cream and Pizza for dinner.

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    We should be on Standard Time all the time. That's why it's called Standard Time.

Go to bed early?

Yeah ok. Go to bed early. Next thing you know I'll be eating something other then Ice Cream and Pizza for dinner.

Cap'n Crunch?

I'm genuinely confused about what else you could eat.

• Options

Go to bed early?

Whoa whoa whoa, let's not go crazy here.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    Kadith wrote: »
    Headlights are actually kind of garbage for seeing in pitch black areas because they don't reach far enough fast enough.

Is the speed of light not fast enough for you?

I do not react at the speed of light. Driving on a winding road in pure darkness aside from some jackass behind me with his brights on blinding me is a harrowing experience.

Headlights can be upgraded, thankfully. You know how internet flashlight enthusiasts have driven significant improvement in performance over the last decade or so?
    The LEDs used in modern "melt your eyes out of your skull" flashlights often come from car headlights. Except that in headlight applications they don't use one LED, they use dozens of them per side...

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Headlights are actually kind of garbage for seeing in pitch black areas because they don't reach far enough fast enough.

I do not react at the speed of light. Driving on a winding road in pure darkness aside from some jackass behind me with his brights on blinding me is a harrowing experience.

This is more of an issue with the person behind you too close/with their high beams on ruining your night vision and stopping you from seeing further.

Seriously fuck people who stick those extra bright lights in their headlights, they probably wear a shirt that says, fuck everybody!.

• Options
    MadEddyMadEddy Creepy house watching youRegistered User regular
    I don't care which one we pick, just fuck this switching time bullshit.

ruby-red-sig.jpg
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Blake T wrote: »

This is more of an issue with the person behind you too close/with their high beams on ruining your night vision and stopping you from seeing further.

Seriously fuck people who stick those extra bright lights in their headlights, they probably wear a shirt that says, fuck everybody!.

I hate when I am walking to work people flick on their brights while driving toward me
    I am on the sidewalk like I am stupid enough to walk in the street

It's going to be interesting tonight at work as we get the usual disinformation confusion and it's going to be nasty as we are rumored to get a lot of crap to stock tonight
    So I expect to have a lot of people call out

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    We should be on Standard Time all the time. That's why it's called Standard Time.
    Fuck everything

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    What a lovely morning

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I went to bed at one, the time changed over at 2, so yeah fuck everything.

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Thank goodness for cellphone alarms, the magic box takes care of thinking about time for me

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    edited March 2016
    Larlar
    http://time.is/ is always pretty great!

Buh, I don't like this!
    My day is already an hour over!

Virgil_Leads_You on
    VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    Forget going back in time and killing Hitler

Kill George Hudson

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    I don't understand the arguments that you gain/lose sleep. I tend to sleep the same amount I just wake up at a different time than I am used to.

Also with auto changing phone and computer I didn't even notice this morning. Its mostly just adjusting to the switch in sunrise/sunset.

• Options
    Happy Pi Day everybody!

• Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Uuuuuuggh

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    KetBra wrote: »
    Uuuuuuggh

I DON'T KNOW WHY BUT I AM DETECTING AN INSUFFICIENT LOVE FOR MATHEMATICS HERE

• Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    Rounded Pi day.

3.14159 gets rounded to 3/14/16. Get it?? ?H?urrr hruur!?

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    I like waking up to darkness and having the sun shine until late in the evening. Get on DST and stick with it!
    Pi day isn't until the 31st of April.

forumsig.png
  • Options
    darleysam wrote: »

Or, you could be flexible with your date formats and get two pi days. That's double the excuses to eat pie.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Uuuuuuggh

It's an insufficient love of daylight savings time and the middle endian date format

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    Uuuuuuggh

It's an insufficient love of daylight savings time and the middle endian date format

Oh okay

Carry on then

• Options
    If you only celebrate technical Approximate Pi Day, then the last one was on January 5th, 314 and the next one won't be until May 9, 3141

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular

Or, you could be flexible with your date formats and get two pi days. That's double the excuses to eat pie.
    Every day is pie day if you're brave enough.

• Options
    Every year around Halloween I make a real pumpkin pie from a real pie pumpkin

Lots of people don't realize that the store-bought stuff is very often actually butternut squash

And butternut squash pie is fine! It's still delicious. But I like real pumpkin pie even better

• Options
    Real Pumpkin Pie is up there with Real Cherry Pie (canned cherries are alright, but much like "pumpkin", fresh product is incomparable) and Peach Pie in "pies so good I can't pick a favorite" for me.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Real Pumpkin Pie is up there with Real Cherry Pie (canned cherries are alright, but much like "pumpkin", fresh product is incomparable) and Peach Pie in "pies so good I can't pick a favorite" for me.

Does it put a smile on your face, ten miles wide?

• Options

I may or may not have sung this song to the last cherry pie I had.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod

Or Smarch 4th

iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular

Pretty sure I only know the Al Yankovic version of this, from a medley on what I guess was Off The Deep End.

forumsig.png
  • Options

Pretty sure I only know the Al Yankovic version of this, from a medley on what I guess was Off The Deep End.

I know the real version too but there's no doubt in my mind I heard it in the polka medley first.

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    Happy Pi Day everybody!

Happy Danny Sexbang birthday!

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Larlar
    But what about Tau

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    But what about Tau

3884277772896dc2fefbf983f432c864.jpg
    Don't know maybe it's over there