As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Netrunner: Live out all your dorkiest cyberpunk fantasies through the medium of card games

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    The FAQ on the product page is a good thing to look at and have handy, since it has the charts with the timing structures on it. Especially handy is the Timing Structure of a Run one.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    Dis'Dis' Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Bridger
    Criminal Console
    2 INF, 6 install cost
    +2 MU
    The first successful run against any server also counts as a successful run against HQ.

Gives you flexibility to play other cards such as Apocalypse, Bhagat (Mill craziness), Bug, Emergency Shutdown, Lamprey (money drain), Lemuria Codecracker (expose crazy), Leverage, Nerve Agent, Pheromones, Political Operative, Unregistered S&W 35, and Utopia Shard. Not to mention it's absurdly good with Gabriel and Silhouette.

Actually looking it over, it might be too powerful. :(

Needs 'for the purpose of card abilities' so people don't get confused about accessing HQ cards. If you had a 1c cost for the ability it might be less crazy with Gabe as well.

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Now the problem I have with playing online is I guess I have to build a deck without really knowing what I'm doing yet

I guess I'll just recreate stuff out of the core set?

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    netrunnerdb is your friend

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Now the problem I have with playing online is I guess I have to build a deck without really knowing what I'm doing yet

I guess I'll just recreate stuff out of the core set?

you can either look up netrunnerdb decks or you can absolutely just remake the core deck you own, this is how I played for a while!

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    As far as deckbuilding from scratch goes, I'm only seeing a minimum, is there no maximum?

If you have bunches and bunches of cards for one faction from a bunch of expansions, you could have a deck of like, 70 cards without having to even spend any influence

Is there something accounting for that that I'm not seeing?

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    you're accounting for the fact that said deck would be a clunky nightmare

it's theoretically possible!

• Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    As far as deckbuilding from scratch goes, I'm only seeing a minimum, is there no maximum?

If you have bunches and bunches of cards for one faction from a bunch of expansions, you could have a deck of like, 70 cards without having to even spend any influence

Is there something accounting for that that I'm not seeing?

Like in MtG, you want your deck to do something, and the more cards you add, the less likely it will be to do anything.

If you have that 70 card deck you aren't as likely to be able to draw something that you can use or that will be useful to you. Corps like assets that provide credits to res ICE or advance cards, and runners need to be able to build their deck and resources.

• Options
    Look at it this way mr. G

Say you're a runner and have 3 copies of 1 breaker for each type

If instead you have 3 copies of 3 breakers of each type, you're far less likely to get all three and have a complete rig

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    But if you do want to run the mega deck IG is in fashion these days. :biggrin:

• Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    Generally speaking deck sizes should go like this:

Runner? 40 card IDs (like Chaos Theory) should stick to 40 cards. 45 card runners should go no further than 46 unless you are 100% certain that 47th card is required.

Corp? 40 card IDs are either 40 (if you've got a super specific streamlined goal in mind) or 44. 45 card IDs should always go 49 cards (or 54 if you're doing something with a recent card called Museum of History...)

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Anzekay wrote: »
    Generally speaking deck sizes should go like this:

Runner? 40 card IDs (like Chaos Theory) should stick to 40 cards. 45 card runners should go no further than 46 unless you are 100% certain that 47th card is required.

Corp? 40 card IDs are either 40 (if you've got a super specific streamlined goal in mind) or 44. 45 card IDs should always go 49 cards (or 54 if you're doing something with a recent card called Museum of History...)

to clarify

In general in any card game you want your deck size to be as close to the minimum as possible, to maximize the odds of drawing the card you need

With the corporation it's a little different, because your deck also has cards the opponent needs, agendas. At 45-49 cards, your deck has to have 20 agenda points in it. Making a deck with 49 cards minimizes the odds of the runner stealing an agenda from R&D. Any more cards than that and you have to include more agenda points, so 49 is the sweet spot

Museum of History costs influence of you have less than 50 cards and is free if you have more, and it's a damn good card so it's getting used a lot. In the case, using 54 cards follows the same principle: it's the most cards you can use before having to add more agenda points

• Options
    What's up with cards that have a little dot next to their name

I'm told this means they're "unique"

Does that mean you can only put one of them in a deck?

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    What's up with cards that have a little dot next to their name

I'm told this means they're "unique"

Does that mean you can only put one of them in a deck?

No, it means only one can be active at a time

if there is another version of it in play when you play the new one, it is trashed

there ARE cards that you can only have on of per deck

but they say "Limit one per deck" in the text box.

• Options
    edited May 2016
    Hey folks, I kinda got super busy and then forgot about setting up the forumer league! wooops

anyway, I am going to do that this weekend! Here's the list I have, if you want off please let me know. If there's anyone NOT on the list who wants to join in, also let me know by the end of saturday (US time saturday)

@MNC Dover
    @Speed Racer
    @Maddoc
    @admanb
    @Shorty
    @One Thousand Cables
    @Nisi
    @Chincymcchilla
    @Neaden
    @ChaosHat
    @Blue map
    @Albino Bunny
    @Ethea
    @Lykouragh
    @Dis'
    Anzekay (only to break odd numbers)
    @Cerberus
    @WeedLordvegeta
    @carnarvon

Anzekay on
  • Options
    I wouldn't mind being on the list

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    I actually need to come off the liat, @Anzekay

My free time is gonna get obliterated in a couple of weeks

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    I'm so out of date on the new cards. Will 100% be netdecking. :)

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    I actually need to come off the liat, @Anzekay

My free time is gonna get obliterated in a couple of weeks

all good dude, I'm sure this wont be the only one I organise ^^

• Options
    CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    Don't forget me, @Anzekay

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    I also need to go off the list due to current time constraints.

• Options
    edited May 2016
    Alright folks, I've got the tournament set up! 18 participants so we won't have a bye, and I myself am not playing since I'm going to be a bit too busy to do so the next couple weeks!

I've got a challonge bracket set up here. I'm not 100% sure how challonge will work with Netrunner's prestige points so at least for the first round I've got user-inputted scores disabled. I'll put it all in myself and that way I can sort out any issues that pop up, after that I'll enable them and anyone with a challonge account can put their own scores in (after I attach your challonge account to your username in the tournament).

First round is already set. Rules are as follow:

All games using jinteki.net unless you're able to meet up in person in which case feel free to do so (but you have to post pictures because that'd be rad as fuck)
    5 rounds of Swiss, maybe we'll do a top 4 after if the top 4 feel like it!
    Each swiss round will have 1 week for games to be played.
    Usual Netrunner match rules- you play two games, one with each ID. No time limit on your games. 2 points per game win. No ties since we're not using a time limit.
    No deck changes between rounds. Once you've played your first round matches I'll need both player's IDs to be reported along with the scores. I obviously can't police deck changes myself but I don't really feel I need to :)
    Once you've found out who you're playing, shoot them a message and arrange a time/date to play your games via jinteki.net.
    After you've finished your games, the Winner must message me your scores and IDs used.

Any questions, just @ me or PM me!

This first round starts at 12PM GMT Monday 2nd of May. Or, in about 25 hours from this post. You'll have until 11am GMT Monday 9th of May to report your results!
    @;MNC Dover
    @;Speed Racer
    @Maddoc
    @admanb
    @Shorty
    @;One Thousand Cables
    @Nisi
    @Chincymcchilla
    @Neaden
    @ChaosHat
    @;Blue map
    @;Albino Bunny
    @Ethea
    @Lykouragh
    @Dis'
    @Cerberus
    @WeedLordvegeta
    @carnarvon

http://challonge.com/PAFANR

Anzekay on
  • Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Drat, I'm up against someone whose played a bunch of Netrunner first round.

I'm probably still going to run some dumb Haley Artist Colony stuff though.

It'll make up for me playing IG.

• Options
    Me and @neaden are playing our matches tonight, I'm excited!

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Me and @neaden are playing our matches tonight, I'm excited!

I amend that statement, as I got proper shithoused

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    yo, they finally announced the next cycle of datapacks

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/5/9/23-seconds/

some real cool shit in here

• Options
    One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
    @Anzekay @Speed Racer Hey guys I forgot that I committed to playing in the league even though I'm a bit out on Netrunner atm. I'm just gonna bow out for now.

I like the flavor of that new pack though! Also I guess it's confirmation that they're not going with more deluxe boxes any time soon

• Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Would honestly be surprised if we ever get another Netrunner deluxe box.

• Options
    Blue mapBlue map Hello darkness, my old friend. Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »

Is that an actual good Weyland code gate I see in there?

My Steam profile thing: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Blue_map/ Battlenet: BlueMap#1493
  • Options
    LykouraghLykouragh Registered User regular
    Blue map wrote: »

Is that an actual good Weyland code gate I see in there?

I think it's a great taxing code gate, actually. Even the weaker versions of the subs need to be broken usually, and that's either a full D4v1d or worst case 4 credits on a cycy- pretty good.

• Options
    yup

I don't think I'd ever advance it but it's definitely going in every Gagarin deck ever

• Options
    LykouraghLykouragh Registered User regular
    Well I think if you do advance it, you're doing it as a bluffed Orion or Wormhole- which makes space ice stronger in decks where you might be running that anyway.

• Options
    Okay folks, after a bit of fighting with Challonge's system to get it working for Netrunner prestige (or at least some sembalance of it...) I have the scores in, the two players who had to drop out forfeited, and Canarvon/Albino Bunny's second game set as a draw! Hooray!

Anyway, second bracket is up at http://challonge.com/PAFANR

Gonna give ya'll til the 20th of May at 8PM GMT. I'll make the rounds a bit longer than a week to give people some wriggle room, but Cerberus is right- a time limit is needed.

@MNC Dover
    @Speed Racer
    @Maddoc
    @admanb
    @Shorty
    @Nisi
    @Chincymcchilla
    @Neaden
    @Blue map
    @Albino Bunny
    @Ethea
    @Lykouragh
    @Dis'
    @Cerberus
    @WeedLordvegeta
    @carnarvon

• Options
    Dis'Dis' Registered User regular
    yup

I don't think I'd ever advance it but it's definitely going in every Gagarin deck ever

If you've got a spare dedication ceremony it seems pretty good to advance that sucker - goes from 'Taxing' to 'needs breaker'

• Options
    Yeah I'd advance it to make the final sub gain ETR alone. It'll eat David suckers all day.

• Options
    yo dudes

full spoilers up for the liberated mind

https://sli.mg/a/CFSsUp

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    yo dudes

full spoilers up for the liberated mind

https://sli.mg/a/CFSsUp
    Information Sift is one of the meanest fucking cards, holy cow

What's up with the "limit 6 per deck" thing on Out of the Ashes? I thought you could only have 3 copies of a card

Rebirth is fun

Brainstorm is a hilariously cruel piece of ICE. Facecheck that on turn one or two and it is instant game over. Holy cow.

Exchange of Information is one of my favorite types of cards - not necessarily useful, and hard to pull off, but I would laugh my ass off to see it work

• Options
    The current cycle has a bunch of cards you're allowed to have six of

Most of them get stronger the more that you've played

In general none of them are all that great

• Options
    yeah I think there's somewhere in the core rulebook where if a card says limit X per deck where X>3, it means you can have up to that many regardless

and yeah, the runner factions are getting two each, one event and one hardware, and none of them are worth using yet

the anarch hardware is especially trashy, I don't know what they were thinking with it