As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Diablo 3] Season 11 on 7/20, Challenge Rifts & Necromancer - Patch 2.6 IS LIVE

• Options
    HexDexHexDex Registered User regular
    So after some false starts, I got into a decent groove tonight. Knocked out some GR74s to level up some gems and finished up the Journey.

Guardian get!

If you are reading this add me.
    D3: HexDex#1281, PSN: DireOtter, Live: DireOtter

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    rerolling stuff is the worst

grinding up souls is also the worst

bounties are the worst of all

I thought I was back in deep on the diablo train but maybe I'm about to fall off again

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    rerolling stuff is the worst

grinding up souls is also the worst

bounties are the worst of all

I thought I was back in deep on the diablo train but maybe I'm about to fall off again

What rerolling are you talking about, specifically? Legendary rerolling, or just normal enchanting?

I hardly ever legendary reroll anything, I have done it maybe, a half dozen of times, and even then it was non-season where I have an absurd materials reserve. I have never had to "grind" souls.

I am curious what peoples play patterns look like that either of these is a thing?

While I agree there is not a "wrong" way to play this game, I have to think there are some play patterns you could adjust to lessen or remove some of the things you are not liking.

For perspective, my Demon Hunter who I completed the season with, has about 45 hours played. Since the season start that is not that much time I feel. Maybe it is?

I have done, probably, 6 full rounds of bounties on TX.

I have rerolled zero legendary items, and was never bound by forgotten souls.

Some times, you get on the really bad side of RNG like poor @Noggin with his Furnace, but for the most part the game has so many systems in place now. Blood shards, cube conversion, really high drop rates on T6+ that getting a "full" build really doesn't take that long.

I would really like to get a discussion going, so we can try and figure out where some possible advice could be offered.

The annual poop-sockers, Me, @Noggin @Frog @Naphtali @Betsuni @zerospace195 @Al_wat etc could probably offer a lot of perspective.

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    I guess it depends on the item hex

I think I did a legendary reroll twice this season maybe. but I had a lot of souls & mats from playing with others

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    We're talking about rerolling with the cube, yes?

That should be used almost exclusively to try to convert a weapon up to Ancient, and should NOT be a priority. It is often much more important that you first have all the right items and decent stats for your build, THEN you can worry about getting an ancient weapon.

Also, it is a massive waste to cube-reroll non-weapons until the late, late endgame, i.e. 80+ GRs or LoN builds.

Noggin on
    Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    basically @Kwoaru what are you trying to do and how can we help you

• Options
    zerospace195zerospace195 stuck in an infinite loop Registered User regular
    Noggin wrote: »
    We're talking about rerolling with the cube, yes?

That should be used almost exclusively to try to convert a weapon up to Ancient, and should NOT be a priority. It is often much more important that you first have all the right items and decent stats for your build, THEN you can worry about getting an ancient weapon.

Also, it is a massive waste to cube-reroll non-weapons until the late, late endgame, i.e. 80+ GRs or LoN builds.

Yangs is the only thing I will re-roll in the cube. I've not found myself in need of farming souls to do it, probably because I don't usually do it until I'm close to finishing things up for the season and by then, I've stockpiled a lot of souls just from farming regular rifts for DBs and salvaging the junk legendaries from kadala. Usually the game has dropped me an ancient yangs by now, but this season I just can't get one. Every other time I've done it, it only takes a few re-rolls for one to roll ancient if I do resort to re-rolling in the cube. If that fails, I sometimes just upgrade rares in hopes of that elusive ancient yangs, but this season, nothing is working. My base gear now isn't bad -- I have one ancient UE piece and ancient bracers. Betsuni and I have yet to fail to finish a grift 70 together, so I'm sure I can solo one. My sheet damage is about 1.5 million, and I've got almost maximum discipline on everything that can roll with it. I'm using an ancient squirts amulet, because it out-stats my best rolled hellfire by a mile (and the 8% damage boost from the archery passive just doesn't seem worth the massive drop in overall stats). I'm hoping to pick up either a better traveler's pledge or roll a better hellfire.

I'm sure I can finish up the season without the ancient weapon, but it would be easier if I had one. I'll probably be on this weekend, so if anyone's up for split-farming some T13 bounties, I'd be grateful. Otherwise, I'll probably farm rifts or just grind out the last few levels on my gems (mine are all ~67 ish).

Hmm... come to think of it, I might be able to finish up my gems with a marauder DH instead. I've gotten a few ancients for the set, and I have a really nice ancient sword of ill will for the physical chakram build. Something to ponder!

• Options
    edited January 2017
    Oh for me specifically it was trying to roll for some CDR at the enchanter to try and get within a second or two of perma vengeance and it Just. Wouldnt. Happen.

I finally got one thing to roll CDR (only 5% so I have 34.5 which is close enough to 37) but I had to burn well over 60 souls before it happened and every time I ran out I had to crack open a rift/grift or cash in my shards for more souls to throw on the fire

It also doesn't help that even before I a cdr roll I realized that I had gotten pretty tired of the playstyle for the set I was rerolling (shadow impale) and while I have like 90% of the pieces for the build I think looks more fun but most of them are going to need something rerolled

It just gets annoying because D3 progression is entirely at the mercy of the rng and I can't usually put in the playtime required to get the items needed to, say, get a new stash tab and annoyance turns into frustration when one tiny thing refuses to roll the way I want

Especially when I realized that I had thrown a bunch of resources down the tube for a relatively small improvement that won't even carry over when I switch builds and put myself back on the exact same treadmill

I'm sure now that I've complained about it I'll hit a hot streak of things rolling my way and I'll be able to climb from my current plateau to the next one or that this other build will be a massive improvement in gameplay enjoyment or something

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Ah, at the mystic...

In your position (it sounds like you rolled a 5% and kept trying to roll for better?) I would probably give up too, it's too frustrating focusing on one specific thing.

Instead of chasing a higher roll on an item like that, I usually double check that I'm not missing a roll elsewhere.

In this case, it'd be CDR on quiver + shoulders + (gloves OR weapon) + diamond in helm + paragon. Below P400, you can usually spare a few paragon points out of CC and CHD to smooth out CDR if you want.

Alternatively, a minor downtime between casts isn't usually too bad to deal with.

• Options
    edited January 2017
    Oh no I settled for the 5% as soon as I got it

I was rerolling stats on a couple different items (shoulders, gloves, quiver) and that 5% on the quiver is the only time CDR came up on any of them

Rerolling the shoulders would cost something like 1.5-2mil per at this point, not that the gold cost was ever the problem but still

edit I mean it was definitely just a string of bad luck but it was still annoying

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    JookieJookie Registered User regular
    If I play a CDR dependant build I always prioritize that over anything else paragon wise. Doing extra damage each hit is nice but sometimes it's prohibitive. I played my hammer crusader without the ten percent and it was a very, very noticable dip in performance. It's not worth the struggle, having defensive cooldown available more often translates to more aggressive play.

butts
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    Rerolling legendaries is what sucks, needing 5x of each bounty mat.

Usually you can get passable versions of what you are looking for. Its when you want those perfect rolls and are hunting for that. Like right now i need a better starfire, i have an ancient one with the "right" rolls but they are basically all min rolls. If i get a better one my damage will skyrocket. I havent been able to get a good manald heal yet. If i get a better one, my damage will skyrocket.

The fastest way without question to get those would be running bounties and rerolling legendaries. I know this. But ive been putting it off because i dont want to do bounties. I can maybe get lucky and find one, and given enough time probably will.

Rerolling a single stat at the mystic? Im fine with that. Rolling yellows to legendaries? Im fine with that. Realistically im fine with the requirements for rerolling legendaries because I understand that it is a powerful tool and the cost should be high.

• Options
    Kinda funny that just 5 bounty mats is the annoying part, and not the FIFTY souls, but here we are.

For plenty of reasons, I'd like to see "Bounties 2.0"

• Options
    I would like to play a shield bash crusader but Piro Marella is required for that. Which is craftable. As in, requires bounty mats. One from two different acts, which is enough for me to say no thanks, I need to cube stuff and I'll need to reroll things and it'll fuck up my currently even counts.

I'm not even sure if shield bash damage is guaranteed on it still, if it isn't it's really hard to get a good one.

butts
  • Options
    Jookie wrote: »
    I would like to play a shield bash crusader but Piro Marella is required for that. Which is craftable. As in, requires bounty mats. One from two different acts, which is enough for me to say no thanks, I need to cube stuff and I'll need to reroll things and it'll fuck up my currently even counts.

I'm not even sure if shield bash damage is guaranteed on it still, if it isn't it's really hard to get a good one.

Holy shit, it doesn't. WTF?

us.battle.net/d3/en/artisan/blacksmith/recipe/piro-marella

• Options
    Is that a resource they update often?

butts
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Seemed up to date every time I've looked.

diablo wikia also seems to stay on top of changes, which also shows no shield bash damage.

edit - I think there's still a few that don't force a skill roll. Like I'm pretty sure the seething hatred quiver doesn't guarantee chakram damage.

Noggin on
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    Kinda funny that just 5 bounty mats is the annoying part, and not the FIFTY souls, but here we are.

For plenty of reasons, I'd like to see "Bounties 2.0"

Oh yeah i forgot about that. Usually i have a lot of souls.

Like for example on non season, pretty sure i have 5000+. Season probably a few hundred.

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    alright hold on

http://www.amazon.com/Diablo-PC/dp/B0007YBJ1S/ref=pd_sim_sbs_vg_1

I still have that, and the manual, and the strategy guide. I wonder if someone will actually buy that

• Options
    PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    How do you guys get so many souls/etc? Is it just reaching a point where you can run higher level rifts quickly? Like the drop rates increasing exponentially?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    PierceNeck wrote: »
    How do you guys get so many souls/etc? Is it just reaching a point where you can run higher level rifts quickly? Like the drop rates increasing exponentially?

Essentially. A GR60 Is assured to be 5 - 10 beams. And takes, maybe 3 or 4 minutes? Anything TX and up is fast and the drop rate gets pretty bonkers.

HexDex on

• Options
    chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    Something that bugs me about the season journey to get the extra stash tabs (I'm not maxed on those yet) is you have to get mastery on a set dungeon. Some of those set dungeons are just really irritating. I think I saw somewhere a list of which ones were considered easier, which I think is like Immortal Kings and Arachyr, but I don't remember the others.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    chrisnl wrote: »
    Something that bugs me about the season journey to get the extra stash tabs (I'm not maxed on those yet) is you have to get mastery on a set dungeon. Some of those set dungeons are just really irritating. I think I saw somewhere a list of which ones were considered easier, which I think is like Immortal Kings and Arachyr, but I don't remember the others.

I forget how far up it was posted but Marauders is easy as well.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Unhallowed Essence took me two tries and the first one was really close. I did three of the crusader ones last night. Roland's was difficult because I missed a few enemies - Imps are really fucking hard to see and have random movement patterns. I had single digit remaining four or five times and twice I had one enemy remaining. The only set I have left is said to be the easiest, Invoker's.

Jookie on
    butts
  • Options
    Jookie wrote: »
    Unhallowed Essence took me two tries and the first one was really close. I did three of the crusader ones last night. Roland's was difficult because I missed a few enemies - Imps are really fucking hard to see and have random movement patterns. I had single digit remaining four or five times and twice I had one enemy remaining. The only set I have left is said to be the easiest, Invoker's.

UE is really annoying and you got extremely lucky. I would classify a dungeon mastery easy if you can do it 8 out of 10 attempts. Which is why I said Marauders since it is even easier now that changed the worms popping up.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Ahoy, is the anniversary thing still up? Also what are rebirths?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    zerospace195zerospace195 stuck in an infinite loop Registered User regular
    I find the UE dungeon to be annoyingly about luck in the grouping of the spiderlings. Marauder is far easier and can be done with basically crap un-optimized gear. I ran it this season with a cluster arrow marauder build having not re-rolled a single stat on anything, but chakram is even easier since the chakrams keep casting even when your sentries are off the screen. Nats is also relatively easy once you get into a rhythm with casting RoV as soon as the cooldown is up (requires obsidian ring of the zodiac in the cube).

As for souls, between trashing grift drops and regular rift drops (at T13, legendaries drop like candy in regular rifts), you'll amass them pretty quickly if you just farm for a little while. Somehow I always finish the season with thousands of them despite re-rolling stats on my gear obsessively.

@Al_wat if you want to run some split bounties, I'd be happy to help speed it up. =)

• Options
    PoketpixiePoketpixie Siege Registered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Ahoy, is the anniversary thing still up? Also what are rebirths?

Rebirth takes a non-seasonal character, strips all their gear(mailed to you), and turns them into a level 1 seasonal character.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    What is the difference/point of this as opposed to just creating a character?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    PoketpixiePoketpixie Siege Registered User regular
    It eliminates the need to delete and recreate characters. This is especially handy for those who don't have any character slots left.

• Options
    Ah. Is the anniversary event an expansion pack only thing?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    I think the anniversary thing requires Reaper of Souls.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    What's the current state of the console version?

PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    What's the current state of the console version?

The PS4 and Xbone are fun to play couch co-op. Plus both of them have the Anniversary Event so you can get pets easily right now. I highly recommend that since it is a pain to find them.

Eventually they both are going to get Seasons.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    HOLY SHIT KADALA CAN YOU GIVE ME ANYTHING ELSE THAN GAZING DEMISE, WILKEN'S REACH, VILE HIVE OR THE OCCASIONAL THING OF THE DEEP!?!? :evil: :hydra: :mad:

I think I'm getting close to 10 Wilken's Reach from that trailer trash, seen 4 or 5 of them drop too. So useless.
    I've seen one Henri's Perquisition drop, and I'm doing fine with it, but I just wish that not every stat it had was a minimum roll...

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I'm not really a pet or achievement guy but I will say I started the D1 dungeon today with a level one character and one of my friends randomly joined the game on the final level and killed Diablo.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    So this anniversary event. I read everywhere to start it with a level 1 char, and I created one but she can't find the portal to Tristram anywhere. Is there some requirement before the portal shows up?

(I used one of my older chars to check and he sees the portal just fine. Also my new char is a seasonal one, don't know if that affects things.)

• Options
    We're you in campaign? Its only active in adventure mode.

• Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    We're you in campaign? Its only active in adventure mode.

Aha. That's what it was. Thank you!

• Options
    I made the switch to UE Grenades and it is in fact a gameplay revelation compared to SM Impale

I haven't done much optimizing yet but I've got +disc on each piece that can have it and this morning I got a rorg so I can start wearing thise depth diggers Naph gave me a week or two ago

Damage gets a little slow at TX (and the paper doll damage number is worthless) but I with my current set of gear I get right up close to 300mil toughness so Im able to live through whatever is happening

Its Real Nice

2x39jD4.jpg
This discussion has been closed.