As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

52 Thread: The Final Weeks

DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
edited May 2007 in Graphic Violence
www.52thecomic.com

Only two issues to go!

DJ Eebs on

• SquashuaSquashua __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2007
    [size=+2]It's the FINAL COUNTDOWN!!![/size]

250pxgobwithajobmi4.jpg

[size=+1]52 the Blog[/size]

Squashua on
  • Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Perhaps more essential than both of those links...

http://dibnydiary.blogspot.com/

Ralph Dibny's Diary.

Dex Dynamo on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited April 2007
    you could've just used my countdown thread

Garlic Bread on
  • Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I really want to see the #52 cover

I am hoping to be blown away

Sars_Boy on
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Sars Boy, it will be released with 51 variants. When you purchase all of them and arrange them in a giant mosaic it will form a picture of Dan Didio giving you the middle finger and saying, "This is me, fucking you in the ass."

It will be glorious.

Munch on
  • ZeromusZeromus Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I really want some 52 trades. By the time I realized I was interested in picking up 52, it was... it was too late.

Zeromus on
    pygsig.png
    edited April 2007
    I'm pretty sure the 52 trades are coming out right on the heels of the series' conclusion, so you won't need to wait long. They're going to be a lot cheaper than buying the singles too, so there's that.

Munch on
    edited April 2007
    Munch wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure the 52 trades are coming out right on the heels of the series' conclusion, so you won't need to wait long. They're going to be a lot cheaper than buying the singles too, so there's that.

Sweet deal. I'm super excited to jump on the wallet-raping bandwagon with Countdown, though.

Incidentally, which weeks of 52 involved Batwoman? I am intrigued by her and her rug-munching ways.

Zeromus on
    pygsig.png
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited April 2007
    Sars Boy, it will be released with 51 variants. When you purchase all of them and arrange them in a giant mosaic it will form a picture of Dan Didio giving you the middle finger and saying, "This is me, fucking you in the ass."

It will be glorious.

I would pay $52 for that

Garlic Bread on
  • SquashuaSquashua __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2007
    Zeromus wrote: »
    Incidentally, which weeks of 52 involved Batwoman?

I don't recall; there were only about three of them. Maybe four, tops.

Squashua on
    edited April 2007
    The first trade of 52 comes out the end of May

then I think they're out one a month after that?

Garlic Bread on
    edited April 2007
    52 Omnibus kthxbi

Zeromus on
    pygsig.png
    edited April 2007
    I recall hearing somewhere that they're putting out a separate book of all of the covers (which, in my experience, have been quite amazing). Truth? I can't tell if that's kind of awesome or kind of lame.

Zeromus on
    pygsig.png
  • Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Everytime a cover comes out that I think is the best, one or two weeks later another will come out that tops it. #50 is the best one so far... one can only hope that they'll be able to pull off #52 in a way that'll top all the others.

Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png
  • One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I don't even read 52 and I want a poster of that Will Magnus one from a week or two back.

One Thousand Cables on
  • TankTank Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Can't wait for these last two issues. I just want to see what happens to Booster in the end.

Tank on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DondumsDondums Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Tank wrote: »
    Can't wait for these last two issues. I just want to see Animal Man get anal

Dondums on
    internet
  • HooraydiationHooraydiation Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Neliwood wrote: »
    Tank wrote: »
    Can't wait for these last two issues. I just want to see Animal Man get anal

And that's what happens to Booster in his end.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • LuxLux Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I recall hearing somewhere that they're putting out a separate book of all of the covers (which, in my experience, have been quite amazing). Truth? I can't tell if that's kind of awesome or kind of lame.

Truth. I think that also means the TPBs won't have the covers in them.

Maybe they should put all the backup features & the covers in one, cheap trade.

Lux on
  • Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Lux wrote: »

Truth. I think that also means the TPBs won't have the covers in them.

Maybe they should put all the backup features & the covers in one, cheap trade.

Hopefully we'll get an oversized hardcover a la the Absolute books. Maybe with sketches of each cover, or some sort of extra to bump up the page count.

It will be glorious.

Munch...seriously, leave.

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
    edited April 2007
    bad karma i didn't recognize you with your turtwig

Garlic Bread on
  • OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Here's your #51 rundown, this time right from DC's 52 board.
    Cover has Red Tornado’s head with a number of gears that look like Earth along with a countdown 51,50,49,48

The ticker at the bottom of the page reads The Mystery in Space revealed…Time is broken…51 issues down and one more to go”

Homecoming

The book is penciled by Joe Bennett. The origin is the Justice League of America; written by Mark Waid and drawn by Ivan Reis.

Week 51, Day 1
    California: Ellen arrives home from dinner with a family friend, Roger. As Ellen approaches the front door to her house she notices a bright glow behind her. When she turns around and back down the porch to the yard, she sees Buddy glowing and floating above the ground. When Ellen starts towards Buddy, he tells her not to come any closer since he is still solar powered. Buddy sits cross-legged while continuing to float and eventually lands on the ground. Ellen and Buddy are joined by their kids wearing sunglasses. Unknown to them, Buddy has been followed home.
    Voice 1: Target identified.
    Voice 2: Wait until weak, then kill for bounty.
    Voice 1: For Lady Styx.

Week 51, Day 2:
    Metropolis, Superman/Superboy Memorial: A number of people, many of which are heroes, are gathering at the memorial to honor the one year anniversary of Superboy’s death. Donna (in her Wonder Woman outfit) meets up Cassie (In her Wonder Girl outfit).
    Cassie: You heard about Ralph Dibny, Donna?
    Donna: Fire told me.
    Cassie: There’s something so strange about it all…now I’ll never be able to say I’m sorry.
    Donna: You’ll find a way Cassie

During their talk Agent Prince looks on surveying the crowd. Jimmy Olsen spots Robin and asks him about his costume and why it is just red and black, to which Robin tells him that “They were his colors” while looking up at the statue of Superboy. Cassie still upset, takes off with Donna.

Week 51, Day 3
    Rann: Sardath has performed a procedure on Adam Strange which has given him new eyes. The new eyes are based on a copy of his daughter Aleaa’s eyes and upgraded to allow Adam to “see across the entire electromagnetic spectrum”. Sardath then informs Adam that they have been under attack from the Flame Creatures for a few days now. Adam tells them that “all you have to do is cut off their oxygen…” When he asks about Kory, John Stewart tells Adam that she “said something about a jacket.” When asked about the Emerald Eye, Adam says that Lobo has it. Adam is then joined by his wife and daughter and the three leave together. When a Green Lantern is about to stop them, John Stewart puts his hand on the other Lantern’s shoulder and tells him “The man just flew across half the galaxy, blind, and saved us all from Lady Styx. How about you and me deal with the monsters this time?”

Week 51, Day 4
    Space: Lobo and Fishy return from their pilgrimage for the Emerald Eye.
    Lobo: After many adventures, me an’ Fishy secured th’ Holy Relic ya sent me ta collect. Though I hafta confess I had all kindsa trouble stickin’ ta my pacifist vows…Maybe now I’m done, ya might consider releasin’ me from my obligations. Why didja want this thing so badly, anyhow, exalted three-in-one? Don’t think I ever found that out.
    Triple Fish: Why, it is because of the prophecy, my child. It is said that the Emerald Eye of Ekron is the only weapon in the universe that can kill me. Thought I’d best keep it safely where I can see it.
    Lobo: Killya? Ya don’t say…

Lobo gives a big grin and the Eye shoots out a beam.

Week 51, Day 6:
    Baker House: Buddy is telling his friends about what happened in space when the doorbell rings. When Ellen answers the door, she is met by two aliens holding guns at her; “Bounty for Lady Styx” “Die die die”. There is then a quick blast and both aliens are gone. Standing in the doorway is Kory who hands Ellen Buddy’s jacket and then passes out.
    Ellen: Did Roger order a stripper?
    Buddy: Ellen! Kory is space royalty.
    Cliff: Wow, she’s like ET-- but with double dd’s! Can we keep her?

Week 51, Day 7
    Rocky Mountains: Skeets is flying through some workshop. He comes across Morrow who is looking down with a gun in his hand.
    Skeets: The android caught a glimpse of the garden. And made a map…
    Morrow: Here he comes. This is exactly how they said it would happen. 52 worlds…52 Morrows…and it all comes down to me.
    Skeets: I want that map!
    Morrow: Err…Gentlemen?

Rip and Booster appear out of a doorway with Rip holding a huge gun.

Rip: Thanks for luring him, professor. We’ll take over from here. Pray for the sake of the 52, we don’t screw up this time!
    Booster: Take it easy Skeets, we know your data got corrupted somehow…
    Skeets: Skeets is dead, Michael. I ate him from within to make a cradle. A cocoon. Imagine my disgust! The mind of an alien genius trapped in the body of a lowly caterpillar! Until, irradiated with Suspendium particles, I began the transformation that now concludes. It’s too late to stop it. The 52 weeks of my gestation are complete. At last the chrysalis can hatch. Behold the metamorphosis of MR. Mind! I’m hungry. I’m so hungry I could eat a universe. I’ll start with yours, shall I?

Skeets opens up to reveal Mind reveals in his new form that looks like a cross between a Predator and the Alien Bug at the end of Men in Black.

Booster: Oh, dear god…
    ***Rip grabs Red Tornado’s head***
    Rip: Too late. Again. Damn it! Booster, grab what’s left of Skeets and get into the Time Sphere! Morrow, activate your androids and get out of here! hurry!
    Booster: It’s…it’s hideous…!
    Rip: You haven’t seen anything yet. Come on! We stay here we lose!
    Booster: Where are we going?
    Rip: Back. Back to where it all started.

Next in 52: The cover is much like Week One with a tombstone with the Questions hat on top, Ralph’s wedding ring on a chain hanging off it, Ralph’s costume wrapped around it and on the ground, Ralph’s flask on the ground and Isis’ headband on the ground with Starfire, Martian Manhunter, Steel, Animal Man, Booster Gold and Natasha in her Steel uniform standing behind.

Owenashi on
    edited April 2007
    that is a good issue

Garlic Bread on
    edited April 2007
    Keith wrote: »

I was getting tired of Barry's dreamy eyes.

Turtwig represent.

Bad Karma on
    edited April 2007
    Is issue 52 going to be bigger than average?

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
    edited April 2007
    size queen

Garlic Bread on
  • FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Bad Karma wrote: »

Turtwig represent.

Oh will you two just get married already?

Furu on
    edited April 2007
    I don't live in Massachusetts :(

Garlic Bread on
    edited April 2007
    Furu wrote: »

Turtwig represent.

Oh will you two just get married already?

Keith lacks vagina.

Bad Karma on
    edited April 2007
    Munch...seriously, leave.

Oh, well okay I guess I'll just get my stuff together and g- heyyyy, wait just a minute!

You almost got me there. I'll have to keep an eye on you mister!
    Is issue 52 going to be bigger than average?

Rucka said they initially were going to make the final issue 52 pages long, but it would have forced the price up, so they decided not to do it. So as it stands it seems that no, the final issue will be the standard size, though I imagine they'll cut the little character profile thing out, giving them an additional two pages.

Munch on
    edited April 2007
    I'm sure people would have been willing to pay more.

Man, couldn't it have been 52 pages with 52 ads?

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • Synthetic OrangeSynthetic Orange Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Oh god. Space stripper!

Synthetic Orange on
  • TankTank Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Wow, she’s like ET-- but with rude titties! Can we keep her?

Awesome. :lol:

Tank on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Called it!
    Skeets IS Mister Mind! I AM THE SMARTEST MAN ALIVE!

Next, I predict that Adam's magic word will be the Mickey Mouse song. Complete with dance.

Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png
    edited April 2007
    Does Countdown start the week after the end of 52?

Zeromus on
    pygsig.png
    edited April 2007
    Okay, I lied. Next week has the best cover.

Bad Karma on
  • DondumsDondums Registered User regular
    edited April 2007

Week 52? Can you link an image?

Dondums on
    internet
  • SonosSonos Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I started this way tooo late on week 50 so I have to have the trades as well but noob question real quick that probably isnt very easy to answer:

what was the deal with Black Adam? Why the anger level?

Sonos on
    Sonovius.png
    PokeCode: 3952 3495 1748
    edited April 2007
    Neliwood wrote: »

Week 52? Can you link an image?

It's just from the preview in Week 51. Newsarama will have it up ina few days.

Bad Karma on
  • TerrorbyteTerrorbyte __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2007
    Sonos wrote: »
    what was the deal with Black Adam? Why the anger level?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Adam#52

Not being glib, it just provides a better summary than I could hope to provide.

Terrorbyte on