As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

52 Thread: The Final Weeks

• Options
    SonosSonos Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Terrorbyte wrote: »
    Sonos wrote: »
    what was the deal with Black Adam? Why the anger level?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Adam#52

Not being glib, it just provides a better summary than I could hope to provide.

nope I appreciate it I thought it would be this complicated. Makes me more interested in the trades now. The last few panels with Adam guessing at the magic word were really, really well done imo even though I had little idea what was going on.

Sonos on
    Sonovius.png
    PokeCode: 3952 3495 1748
  • Options
    DondumsDondums Registered User regular
    edited April 2007

nope I appreciate it I thought it would be this complicated. Makes me more interested in the trades now. The last few panels with Adam guessing at the magic word were really, really well done imo even though I had little idea what was going on.

I truly felt sorry for Adam at this point - then again, all the events leading up to WW3 had me feeling sorry for him there. Who wouldn't want revenge if what had happened to him happened to anyone else? Poor guy.

Dondums on
    internet
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    :!:
    Neliwood wrote: »

I truly felt sorry for Adam at this point - then again, all the events leading up to WW3 had me feeling sorry for him there. Who wouldn't want revenge if what had happened to him happened to anyone else? Poor guy.

the artist portrayed true rage and then being lost on that last page really really well. or the writer. or both. either way got me interested in the series and other dc weeklies. cool stuff i didnt know anything about :!:

Sonos on
    Sonovius.png
  • Options
    Dr. FrenchensteinDr. Frenchenstein Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Neliwood wrote: »

Revenge is understandable, but Black Adam went straight up nuts.

Dr. Frenchenstein on
  • Options
    SquashuaSquashua __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2007
    OH FOR F--K'S SAKE...

Guys.

Read Supergirl & the Legion of Super-Heroes #29, which came out today.

Plants face in palm.

Squashua on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Squashua wrote: »
    OH FOR F--K'S SAKE...

Guys.

Plants face in palm.

What did she do now?

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    OH FOR F--K'S SAKE...

Guys.

Plants face in palm.

What did she do now?

It's another 21st Century visitor.

Actually... not even 21st. That's all I'll say without a
    BOOSTER GOLD

Remember the Fiff-deee Too!

Squashua on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited April 2007
    OH FOR F--K'S SAKE...

Guys.

Plants face in palm.

fuck

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Keith wrote: »
    OH FOR F--K'S SAKE...

Guys.

Plants face in palm.

fuck

Well, I wouldn't go so far as to say go buy the book just for that, because it's a fairly small scene (though you should buy it anyways...I mean c'mon...LEGION)

But yeah...
    "Gotta go fellas! I've got fifty-two worlds to save!"

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited April 2007
    i was just using an expletive

it was in no ways related to the comment about the book

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    i was just using an expletive

it was in no ways related to the comment about the book

Ah, noted. I took it as "fuck, I missed the two pages with Booster Gold."

Bad Karma on
  • Options
    LuxLux Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    The Origin of JLA back up confused me a bit. Black Canary was still an original member, and the three "co-founders" were inducted by the rest of them?

Lux on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    yeah

they apparently didn't change Year One

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    the wife chick in the beginning of #51 was hot for a comic-ladi

Sonos on
    Sonovius.png
  • Options
    bobgorilabobgorila Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    It's like Grant was personally apologising to Buddy for the last fifty weeks?

bobgorila on
    I like my women how I like my coffee.

Anally.
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Lobo in a Dolphin kingdom made me chuckle as well. I really need the trades on this series its so confusing if you jump in at the end. But I like it anyway. It reminds me of the 'Fantastic Four being one of the greatest comics' arguement in the other thread. They seem to be trying crazy inventive shit in this one. I durno I am nub.

Sonos on
    Sonovius.png
  • Options
    SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Lobo in a Dolphin kingdom made me chuckle as well. I really need the trades on this series its so confusing if you jump in at the end. But I like it anyway. It reminds me of the 'Fantastic Four being one of the greatest comics' arguement in the other thread. They seem to be trying crazy inventive shit in this one. I durno I am nub.

Maybe it just happened to long ago, but they never really explained how or why Lobo ended up as a priest to a talking, pacifist dolphin in the first place.

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Lobo has had space dolphins hanging around him for a long time.

Maybe, one day, their spiritual leader said, "Bring me this Lobo, the Main Man, I have a job for him."

Or maybe Lobo accidentally did something bad to his beloved space dolphins and his Dolphin Police came a-calling and hauled him before the 3 x Fish God.

Squashua on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    fuck your h-scroll

52cv52fullspreadkw0.jpg

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    wait

i guess the new flash series takes place before the end of 52 or else it doesn't make sense that bart has his flash suit

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    BlankspaceBlankspace __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2007
    wait

i guess the new flash series takes place before the end of 52 or else it doesn't make sense that bart has his flash suit
    Well Wildcat v2.0 is on there too and he didn't show up till OYL.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Options
    TerrorbyteTerrorbyte __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2007
    That Flash has blue eyes. It's Barry Allen. Also, that isn't Wildcat 2.0 ... you can see the chin straps from Ted's mask.

Terrorbyte on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Awesome cover. All I can say.

Bad Karma on
  • Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Guy Gardner looks like he's threatening to kick the memorial's ass. Look at him cocking his head to the side all badass-like. That's a total, "What, you wanna go?" look.

Munch on
  • Options
    TerrorbyteTerrorbyte __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2007
    Bad Karma wrote: »
    Awesome cover. All I can say.

J.G. Jones (and Alex Sinclair on colors) pretty much did the impossible and gave us 52 weeks worth of fucking amazing covers. As much as I love James Jean, Jones deserves the Eisner this year.

Oh, and he still had time to do a detailed cover blog week in and week out.

Terrorbyte on
  • Options
    bobgorilabobgorila Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Wait...

The ring and flask are Raph's, the hat is Vic's, the crown-thing is... Isis's? Whose is the red/black stripy thing?

bobgorila on
    I like my women how I like my coffee.

Anally.
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    bobgorila wrote: »
    Wait...

The ring and flask are Raph's, the hat is Vic's, the crown-thing is... Isis's? Whose is the red/black stripy thing?

Ralph's costume. And yes, the tiara belonged to Isis.

Bad Karma on
  • Options
    HooraydiationHooraydiation Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    His action flask.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • Options
    DondumsDondums Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Damn. That is an amazing cover.
    I can't think of much else to say about it.

Dondums on
    internet
  • Options
    deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    No Ion?

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    No Ion?

They've already got four Green Lanterns there as is. Somebody has to pick up the others' slack.

Munch on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    That Flash has blue eyes. It's Barry Allen. Also, that isn't Wildcat 2.0 ... you can see the chin straps from Ted's mask.
    I assumed that was Tom's long hair, looks more like that than chin straps.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2007

His fists are wrapped up. It's Ted.

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited April 2007

His fists are wrapped up. It's Ted.
    Ah, well there ya go.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    So is Booster eventually going to have to go back to die, or was a grandfather paradox created?

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    So is Booster eventually going to have to go back to die, or was a grandfather paradox created?

When?

When he absorbed that radiation?

Because he didn't die there. Rip pulled him out and put a skeleton wearing the suit back

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited April 2007

When?

Because he didn't die there. Rip pulled him out and put a skeleton wearing the suit back
    I think he means how Skeets killed his great-great-great-great etc. Grandpa.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2007

When?

oh

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited April 2007

Golly, doesn't that Rip Hunter sure seem familiar? All time-displaced and with a secret identity unknown to anybody? Yep, I wonder who that could be.

Munch on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Munch wrote: »

Golly, doesn't that Rip Hunter sure seem familiar? All time-displaced and with a secret identity unknown to anybody? Yep, I wonder who that could be.
    Well meh. Here's wiki's explaniation:
    Skeets uses Booster's ancestor, Daniel Carter, to regain access to Hunter's lab, where he sees the photos and arrows pointing at him. Skeets traps Carter in a time loop in the bunker and sets out to locate Hunter himself.
    So he must have banged some chick beforehand.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif