As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

I tried to make a new [Game Grumps] thread, but I missed.

• Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Ohhhh jesus effin christ... it's a video!

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    Hahaha!

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
    This hasn't been a great week for me... noticed a huge stripe of grey hair in my mustache on Sunday, and now this. I feel so ooooooold :P

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    This hasn't been a great week for me... noticed a huge stripe of grey hair in my mustache on Sunday, and now this. I feel so ooooooold :P

Psh, my wife finds new greys hairs on me all the time. Head, all over facial hair, chest etc. -_-

Join the olds club, skull. My beard is being rapidly invaded by grey hair ;)

• urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Ohhhh jesus effin christ... it's a video!

I'm right there with you! The play icon didn't show up so I assumed it was a picture.

• DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Shadow the Edgehog, Shadow the Hedgelord

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNy31If01SM

• NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    arin is so bad at zelda

just use fucking light arrows, christ!

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Dan and Arin's reaction to Merlina is great since she's the actual villain of the game.

YL9WnCY.png
    Dan and Arin's reaction to Merlina is great since she's the actual villain of the game.

My eyes rolled so hard they did a 360 in their sockets when I read who Nimue is. I can't wait until they figure it out.

• Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular

Please don't spoil the intricate and complex story of this masterpiece in such a casual way

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
    edited June 2016
    You know, the whole premise for this Sonic game is dumb, but this is the first one they've played that wasn't immediately a broken shit show of bugs and glitches. So hey... kudos to the devs for that!

Edit: Though, it is just running forward and pushing a button sometimes I guess...

Skull2185 on
  • SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    Strangely enough, my gf has taken a liking to GameGrumps (thought she hates when they get too crass or annoying) so long as they're playing something she's interested in - which isn't much. That said, it was funny to watch her rage at Arin wearing the hoverboots in OoT.

• ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    You know, the whole premise for this Sonic game is dumb, but this is the first one they've played that wasn't immediately a broken shit show of bugs and glitches. So hey... kudos to the devs for that!

Edit: Though, it is just running forward and pushing a button sometimes I guess...
    it's shockingly dull

like, for a much of a huge mess as the sonic adventure games were, they at least looked like they were video games

there is just nothing at all going on with this one

it might actually be more boring than sonic boom

Elendil on
    edited June 2016
    Strangely enough, my gf has taken a liking to GameGrumps (thought she hates when they get too crass or annoying) so long as they're playing something she's interested in - which isn't much. That said, it was funny to watch her rage at Arin wearing the hoverboots in OoT.

I give arin a lot of slack but the end of the OoT was really pushing all of my buttons too

Just I wonder how much of his hatred for OoT/SS is from him just doing stupid shit and being frustrated by his own created additional difficulty

edit: I mean I'm not saying those games are perfect, and the lock on camera can make things harder (and the controls for some people in SS on top of that), but they use walkthroughs. did neither of them look up how to fight ganon? light arrows make that a lot easier. they stun him so you can get around to the tail with no frustrating trying to clip through his crotch

Naphtali on
  • LarsLars Registered User regular
    I assumed the hover boots thing was something he was doing intentionally to troll the people that would get frustrated at that kind of thing?

Like in Pokemon where he was trolling people by constantly using some specific Pokemon that isn't actually very good or something.

• AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    I said it when the series started, but now that it's over and we've seen him play through the whole thing i'll say it again. None of his complaints in the Sequelitis episode were related to his relatively poor gameplay as shown in the Game Grumps series. It was all design decisions that he disagreed with. His reactions to some of them led him to act in ways that increased the difficulty for himself (not taking it slow and steady against Stalfos or Lizalfos and instead just attacking attacking attacking regardless of how much damage he took) but he didn't reach those opinions because of his poor gameplay.

• SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    Agreed.

• ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    Aistan wrote: »
    I said it when the series started, but now that it's over and we've seen him play through the whole thing i'll say it again. None of his complaints in the Sequelitis episode were related to his relatively poor gameplay as shown in the Game Grumps series. It was all design decisions that he disagreed with. His reactions to some of them led him to act in ways that increased the difficulty for himself (not taking it slow and steady against Stalfos or Lizalfos and instead just attacking attacking attacking regardless of how much damage he took) but he didn't reach those opinions because of his poor gameplay.
    a lot of it he's not really wrong about, but when it comes to his complaints about the camera and targeting in 3D, i'm definitely in the "arin is bad at video games" camp

Also his "there's so much waiting" complaint. Fights are only taking him so long because he doesn't experiment at all with the various items he has.

• AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    He doesn't experiment with games in general. If he sees a potential way for him to succeed using the methodology he is currently attempting he will bash his head against it for as long as it takes. "Oh I could just use this other item and make it easier" doesn't really ever come up unless he knows about that tactic ahead of time. Him carrying on a conversation with Danny also doesn't help his ability to think of other solutions because humans are terrible at multitasking.

Sometimes it annoys me, but when that happens I just go to another browser tab and listen to them talk instead of watching the gameplay. That's mainly why i'm there at all, honestly. I've seen Ocarina of Time being played, i've done it a few times myself. I'm there for them.

Aistan on
    oh well, our long national nightmare is over

until they play skyward sword, twilight princess or breath of the wild

Yeah I'm so glad they're done with OOT.

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    I'm just glad that I won't have to read the same complaints over and over, although I'm sure there'll be other complaints repeated ad nauseum on whatever their next big series is (Dead Rising 2 I guess will be coming back, right?)

• BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    I stopped watching Dead Rising 2 when they assumed they couldn't build a combo weapon without unlocking its combo card. The real fun is finding which objects combine to get the scratch cards.

Goose! wrote: »
    I'm just glad that I won't have to read the same complaints over and over, although I'm sure there'll be other complaints repeated ad nauseum on whatever their next big series is (Dead Rising 2 I guess will be coming back, right?)

This is why wii shovelware and less beloved game playthroughs are more fun. The conversation shifts more from how bad Arin is at games to the commentary between he and Dan instead.

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    I stopped watching Dead Rising 2 when they assumed they couldn't build a combo weapon without unlocking its combo card. The real fun is finding which objects combine to get the scratch cards.

i assume they'll figure it out, or read about it at least

Mulletude wrote: »

This is why wii shovelware and less beloved game playthroughs are more fun. The conversation shifts more from how bad Arin is at games to the commentary between he and Dan instead.

Yeah, especially with me. I couldn't watch OOT because I would get frustrated with his play style, but it's more on me because I have played through it like 20 or so times.

• DHSDHS Chase lizards.. ...bark at donkeys..Registered User regular
    Wherein Dan doesn't... succeed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEIfYqVf5es

"Grip 'em up, grip 'em, grip 'em good, said the Gryphon... to the pig."
    urahonky wrote: »
    Mulletude wrote: »

Yeah, especially with me. I couldn't watch OOT because I would get frustrated with his play style, but it's more on me because I have played through it like 20 or so times.

I think that's a feeling a lot of people will have with stuff like mario and zelda.

Thankfully, they can spin gold when they play garbage games :)

• IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    That was BRUTAL.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    The Grumps are coming to RTX and this is my first year going. If I see them I will probably die.

Ya gotta play it cool and just be like "Hey guys, how's it going? I dig your stuff, keep up the good work." They've said they really appreciate the lovlies that just treat them like normal people, and they'll be like "Hey remember that one guy at RTX, he was cool."

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Ya gotta play it cool and just be like "Hey guys, how's it going? I dig your stuff, keep up the good work." They've said they really appreciate the lovlies that just treat them like normal people, and they'll be like "Hey remember that one guy at RTX, he was cool."

Yeah I have met some of the Rooster Teeth dudes and mostly kept my shit together. tho I did have a mini panic attack when i met Geoff.

Maz- wrote: »

good work ninja byran with a y

Do they charter their own private planes? I'd love flying and traveling if the planes I flew on were that empty.

Do they charter their own private planes? I'd love flying and traveling if the planes I flew on were that empty.

More likely they had early boarding or just got to their seats before they filled up.

• RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Hollywood Squares was nearly as magical as Wheel of Fortune

edited June 2016

It depends, you still can't always tell. Most testimonials I've heard were that John Boyega for example is a giant asshole. (This week's co-optional podcast has a good story about that from Jesse Cox to name one instance)

But regardless of how they react, you still at least get a good story for trying - even if it's not the one you wanted.

Also holy shit this Hollywood Squares, Arin got all the softball questions.

Donnicton on