As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Wii U] The last hurrah before the NeXt generation arrives.

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Yeah. SD card type things are cheap for lots of storage these days.

Cough Vita cough

This is Sony's fault

The hardware is cheap, they're just charging out the ass for it

• Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Viskod wrote: »
    I'm staying up all night and playing this. I don't care about work. I'll just have my boyfriend tell them I'm dead or something and will be back Monday.

And "MNC Dover"

Come on man. Go down this rabbit hole with us. Yeah, if you're new to SMT things are gonna get weird as fuck.

But embrace the weird. It's gonna be glorious.

LOL, nope! I love my anime (mostly from the 90s), but this game looks so far and away what I'd like to be spending my gaming time on. I don't even know why they have the FE stuff involved, there doesn't look to be anything remotely FE about the game to me.

Again, I'm not hating on the game, I just know it's not for me.

https://m.reddit.com/r/fireemblem/comments/4n63fk/wheres_the_fe_in_my_tmsfe_a_write_up_about_the/

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »
    I'm staying up all night and playing this. I don't care about work. I'll just have my boyfriend tell them I'm dead or something and will be back Monday.

And "MNC Dover"

Come on man. Go down this rabbit hole with us. Yeah, if you're new to SMT things are gonna get weird as fuck.

LOL, nope! I love my anime (mostly from the 90s), but this game looks so far and away what I'd like to be spending my gaming time on. I don't even know why they have the FE stuff involved, there doesn't look to be anything remotely FE about the game to me.

Now I can see why you don't work for Nintendo any more :lol:

Daycare killed my Nintendo job. $2000/month for the opportunity to make less than that and have strangers watching my kid? Nope. :(

You only have one kid how is it that much? That sinks, we had found one for less that that with both our children, but then we ended up just paying my mil to watch them. Got lucky on that one.

• Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    So TMS#FE uses Fire Emblem stats and Shin Megami Tensei skills. Good thing I'm already familiar with both.

Though one question I couldn't find the answer for in the manual: Are stat improvements when leveling up random, Fire Emblem-style, or aren't they?

• Options
    So TMS#FE uses Fire Emblem stats and Shin Megami Tensei skills. Good thing I'm already familiar with both.

Though one question I couldn't find the answer for in the manual: Are stat improvements when leveling up random, Fire Emblem-style, or aren't they?

Yeah, they're random.

• Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    I'm going to set up a lawn chair next to my mailbox on Saturday and stare at it until the mail person arrives. :(

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    What if you also paint flames on the side of your mailbox? That might make the mail go even faster.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Mine shall be here TONIGHT!!!!

Good ol Prime giving me 20% discounts on games and delivering release day.

• Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    I'm going to set up a lawn chair next to my mailbox on Saturday and stare at it until the mail person arrives. :(

https://youtu.be/rBxWwvFNOVo

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular

Release day delivery used to be free, maybe it's because I haven't ordered a physical disc from them in a while, but I was shocked to see it costs $6 now... :(

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »

Release day delivery used to be free, maybe it's because I haven't ordered a physical disc from them in a while, but I was shocked to see it costs $6 now... :(

For me it's still included with Prime. No extra charge.

Get games cheaper, still on release day and delivered to my doorstep.

Amazon Prime is da bessssss for vidya.

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Hmmmm... maybe because I was trying to preorder TMS last minute on Wednesday.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    Just picked up my copy, wooo

Already listened to the soundtrack in the car on the way back from the store.

Also, reminder that the best place to talk about the game is the SMT thread.

• Options
    The game is coming at a funny time. That layoff I was worried about finally happened yesterday, so while getting my resume out there I'll have a bit of extra time to put into it. So yay? :P

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    What if you also paint flames on the side of your mailbox? That might make the mail go even faster.

That is a rather common thing here
    Either flames or butterflies or ponies or other animals it's odd to say the least

• Options
    Emperor_ZEmperor_Z Registered User regular
    Maz- wrote: »

Yeah, they're random.

Fuck. That is my #1 least favorite thing about Fire Emblem.

• Options
    Emperor_Z wrote: »

Yeah, they're random.

Don't worry too much about it - it seems way more lenient in this game. Hell, I just got 3 (!) Strength in one level-up for Itsuki.

Also, since there's a very small pool of characters compared to regular Fire Emblem games, I doubt that the characters' stat growths are so low that they could potentially become useless.

• Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    Emperor_Z wrote: »

Yeah, they're random.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aw-CaOiuMco

• Options
    Fire Emblem Awakening was actually my first Fire Emblem game, and I kind of loved it.

Eventually during a buy two get one deal I will grab the new games, but I have enough to play right now. I finished Xenoblade X main story in just enough time for TMS to come out.

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Kai_San wrote: »

And "MNC Dover"

Now I can see why you don't work for Nintendo any more :lol:

Daycare killed my Nintendo job. $2000/month for the opportunity to make less than that and have strangers watching my kid? Nope. :(

You only have one kid how is it that much? That sinks, we had found one for less that that with both our children, but then we ended up just paying my mil to watch them. Got lucky on that one.

Kirkland WA is located right next to Microsoft and other tech companies, so everything here is more expensive. :(

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Yeah. SD card type things are cheap for lots of storage these days.

Cough Vita cough

That's just Sony being Sony.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    Guys guys guys guys! guess what guess what guess what?

I just got a notification that my game was delivered a day earlier than predicted! It's waiting for me at home!

Why do I have to be out doing important stuff instead of being home playing my new game? :(

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    Ivan HungerIvan Hunger Registered User regular
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    Guys guys guys guys! guess what guess what guess what?

I just got a notification that my game was delivered a day earlier than predicted! It's waiting for me at home!

Why do I have to be out doing important stuff instead of being home playing my new game? :(

By the time you read this response, you will be back home, playing your new game!

• Options
    Nope, still doing stuff. I won't be home until around five.

So it's just sitting there, patiently waiting. :P

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    KriegaffeKriegaffe Registered User regular
    I drank too much on my wedding anniversary dinner last night and now I can't sleep. Luckily I'm still drunk enough to think buying TMS#FE on the eShop is a good idea so I'm doing that.

• Options
    Ivan HungerIvan Hunger Registered User regular
    For anyone still on the fence about this thing, let me read you this excerpt from the back of the box:

Invaders from the idolasphere want your creative energy.

What more could you possibly want?

• Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    Sounds sexy.

• Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    This game feels like Persona 4.5.
    Enough to hold us over till P5.

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Options
    KriegaffeKriegaffe Registered User regular
    I haven't played the Persona games, but I played a good way through SMT IV and it certainly feels a lot like that. That had the thing where you got extra turns if you hit their weakness, whereas this gives chain attacks.

I really like the presentation and the GamePad is used pretty well (I'm gonna miss the GamePad if the NX doesn't support it).

I didn't think I'd be that keen on the pop idol stuff, but all the colours, stars, sparkles, etc are pretty cool.

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Yeah, I'm generally pretty down on the Game Pad but this is one of the few cases where it actually works well

Still not necessary (you could just as easily hit Select on a normal controller for the same effect) but a neat touch

• Options
    Just played the prologue tonight and I'm sold. The music is catchy. The battles are pretty fun.

I'm enjoying the entire crazy premise so far.

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    So I'm out of the loop, but with the new Nintendo accounts is it a safe bet if I buy a Wii U and get games on VC, they'll be linked to my account on the NX?

XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    So I'm out of the loop, but with the new Nintendo accounts is it a safe bet if I buy a Wii U and get games on VC, they'll be linked to my account on the NX?

At this point, we know nothing.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular

Ahh, shame. Gaming PC died and I was just gonna get a Wii U and enjoy me some LttP.

XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular

If they are (and that's a big IF), it'll be a pain in the ass anyway

• Options
    Mr KhanMr Khan Not Everyone WAHHHRegistered User regular
    One of them is going to be, we're just not sure whether it's 3DS or Wii U. It's very unlikely that they'll decouple both, although possible.

• Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    Xaquin wrote: »

You'll need to stack your Wii U on top of your NX and then cast a void circle around it to transfer the essence. It takes about 2 hours and if anything goes wrong you have to start all over. It also removes the use of those games from your Wii U.

HallowedFaith on
    I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Options
    baudattitudebaudattitude Registered User regular
    No one "wins" E3 because tyh

You'll need to stack your Wii U on top of your NX and then cast a void circle around it to transfer the essence. It takes about 2 hours and if anything goes wrong you have to start all over. It also removes the use of those games from your Wii U.

Oh good, they've simplified the process.

• Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular

Ahh, shame. Gaming PC died and I was just gonna get a Wii U and enjoy me some LttP.

I do have a metric buttload of VC games on my Wii that I really wish had gotten upped to the WiiU store.

Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana, Final Fantasy 2 and 3...

I hope they can somehow continue access to those, even if I have to access a Wii menu inside a WiiU menu inside an NX it will be worth it.

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    No one "wins" E3 because tyh

Does sacrificing an Amiibo guarantee the process?

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
This discussion has been closed.