As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Xbox Live] GO TO NEW THREAD HOMIES

Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
edited March 2017 in Games and Technology
Welcome to the Xbox Live thread!
The number one spot on the forums to complain about server outages and console exclusivity!
Below you will find a community list of Xboners, feel free to peruse and add us for gaming fun times!

Games with Gold

Backwards Compatible Updates

This Week on Xbox
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=553HG14aSCQ

PA Gamertags:
PA Xbox Live User Form
For results, you can view the updated list here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1u2jxaAFEwzly0Zu3-N2vuM8h6wzdj-Np9KmrQfMomCI/edit#gid=175142837

Local H Jay on

• Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    not sure about this new thread. will i be able to port my posts from the previous thread over and read them here? are there any new posts that make this thread worth investing in or should i be looking for the PSN thread instead?

• DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    Well, if you really want posts you can't read anywhere else, I would suggest the WiiU thread.

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    I resisted making a joke about ~THE CLOUD~ in the title

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Dirty wrote: »
    Well, if you really want posts you can't read anywhere else, I would suggest the WiiU thread.

I heard a rumor that thread isnt getting recreated any,ore and will instead be replaced with a Nx thread once it hits 100 pages.

• MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    Hope Dead Space 2 finds its way to gwg as well.

That and I hope more of the 360 gwg from before the xb1 start getting back compat treatment like Dark Souls

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    I'm not biased when I say creating this thread was a pro-consumer move.

Don't assume I'm praising the thread creator as a "better" forum member. I've been careful to avoid that assumption myself. The fact is, we're able to keep our old posts, for free, on the new forum, whereas the PSN thread is charging for that privilege.

• LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    Thanks for the BC link in the last thread Wraith. I had honestly tried searching for Witcher 2 just last night after seeing 3 was on sale, and it still showed up as "bundle only", but going through the store and finding it in the actual BC list it appears to be purchasable.

I never played one, but heard it was easily skipable (at least in terms of still understanding the greater story), how required is 2 to understand 3?

Edit: I guess 2 shows up as purchasable through search as well, I must have not downloaded the update until last night after I tried searching for it.

LostNinja on
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Sunset overdrive for free is crazy value. That's a fairly recent exclusive.

What is this I don't even.
  • DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    As much as I love the game, I don't think it sold very well. I think it dropped to $30 pretty quick and I've seen it on sale as low as $10.

As much as I love the game, I don't think it sold very well. I think it dropped to $30 pretty quick and I've seen it on sale as low as $10.

I too would like to see what numbers are available. Given that it was both a new IP and a console exclusive, the expectations were not super high--but we ought to remember, people also thought Rise of the Tomb Raider was lucky to break 200,000, when it turned out it had already sold through +one million copies.

• SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    Synthesis wrote: »

I too would like to see what numbers are available. Given that it was both a new IP and a console exclusive, the expectations were not super high--but we ought to remember, people also thought Rise of the Tomb Raider was lucky to break 200,000, when it turned out it had already sold through +one million copies.

Square Enix will probably consider it a disappointment if it doesnt sell 7 million copies anyway.

... I actually have that game, I guess I should probably play it sometime.

Sirialis on
    Sirialis wrote: »

Square Enix will probably consider it a disappointment if it doesnt sell 7 million copies anyway.

I wouldn't go that far.

On the other hand, I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out Microsoft has to bankroll Fall of the Tomb Raider either.

It's a pretty niche kinda game. Mostly appeals to Rachet & Clank fans and Tony Hawk/Jet Grind Radio fans. I love it, the customization is off the chain. My guy was a skinny black super hero with a yellow hoodie and electrical powers. The gameplay is just plain fun and I love the movement system.

We should definitely arrange 8 player Chaos lobbies once it is free, but we can do that over in my sexy Sunset Overdrive thread

It's a pretty niche kinda game. Mostly appeals to Rachet & Clank fans and Tony Hawk/Jet Grind Radio fans. I love it, the customization is off the chain. My guy was a skinny black super hero with a yellow hoodie and electrical powers. The gameplay is just plain fun and I love the movement system.

We should definitely arrange 8 player Chaos lobbies once it is free, but we can do that over in my sexy Sunset Overdrive thread

I would absolutely be up for that, though I wonder if we'd need DLC.

I did my best to recreate crazy 80s sex-robots Anna Puma or Uni Puma from Dominion Tank Police. Once I unlocked the assault rifle, she pretty much used that the rest of the game (it's a completely mundane but very balanced weapon), along with the revolver.

• SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited March 2016

I wouldn't go that far.

On the other hand, I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out Microsoft has to bankroll Fall of the Tomb Raider either.

It was more of a reference to this. (This article is about the rebooted Tomb Raider, not Rise of the Tomb Raider)

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-03-26-tomb-raider-has-sold-3-4-million-copies-failed-to-hit-expectations

Sirialis on

I wouldn't go that far.

It was more of a reference to this. (This article is about the rebooted Tomb Raider, not Rise of the Tomb Raider)

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-03-26-tomb-raider-has-sold-3-4-million-copies-failed-to-hit-expectations

No, I'm familiar with it--and I did my share of teeth gnashing at the news of that too. As if it were Crystal Dynamic's fault Hitman Absolution wasn't good.

I would absolutely be up for that, though I wonder if we'd need DLC.

I did my best to recreate crazy 80s sex-robots Anna Puma or Uni Puma from Dominion Tank Police. Once I unlocked the assault rifle, she pretty much used that the rest of the game (it's a completely mundane but very balanced weapon), along with the revolver.

As far as DLC goes in SO, it works fine if one person has it and another doesn't, you just can't select the DLC maps. The DLC isn't bad anyways, it is worth getting.

oh hey, update on getting 360 GwG on the Xbone. Borderlands is now showing on the same GwG/DwG page as the Xbone games/deals, so yeah, you can now grab all your free games easily through the Xbone dash. no need to go searching through the store or on xbox.com.

• LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    Wraith260 wrote: »
    oh hey, update on getting 360 GwG on the Xbone. Borderlands is now showing on the same GwG/DwG page as the Xbone games/deals, so yeah, you can now grab all your free games easily through the Xbone dash. no need to go searching through the store or on xbox.com.

Went to pick it up, and still get the same problem I get on the website, "you have no valid payment options on file". I only fill my wallet via gift cards, but apparently that's not good enough for 360 titles.

Come on Microsoft, get your shit together!

LostNinja wrote: »
    Wraith260 wrote: »

Went to pick it up, and still get the same problem I get on the website, "you have no valid payment options on file". I only fill my wallet via gift cards, but apparently that's not good enough for 360 titles.

Come on Microsoft, get your shit together!

yeah i had a problem with my card recently which meant my Gold got cut off for a bit. apparently you can't use pre-paid codes while there's a charge pending and can't remove a card that's tied to a subscription. thankfully its sorted now and i'm subbed up till early 2018, but they really make it hard to interact with their systems sometimes.

• Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular

So you played as Static Shock? That's pretty awesome

I never bought SO, so I am looking forward to this

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    Guess what?

Xbox Live is unstable again!

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status

• darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    Arteen wrote: »
    Guess what?

I swear this has been happening more since E left. Damnit. I can't begrudge anyone feeling it's their time to move on, but it really feels like he was bearing a load they've not figured out how to deal with in his absence.

forumsig.png
    edited March 2016
    darleysam wrote: »
    Arteen wrote: »
    Guess what?

I swear this has been happening more since E left. Damnit. I can't begrudge anyone feeling it's their time to move on, but it really feels like he was bearing a load they've not figured out how to deal with in his absence.

It actually felt as common when he was there too, but I couldn't argue either way.

I blame a spike in DDOS attacks in general, but that's entirely guessing on my part. I remember it was this bad back when the NXE rolled out (E was still there at the time, I believe), or worse.

crunchyroll and Funimation were working fine--I just used them for a few hours.

EDIT: The PA forums, on the other hand....goddamn it.

Synthesis on
    edited March 2016
    Edit: Crap, doublepost.

Synthesis on
    edited March 2016
    Edit: Shit!

Synthesis on
    edited March 2016
    Edit: Shit fuck!

Synthesis on
    edited March 2016
    Edit: Shit fuck sorry!

Synthesis on
  • HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    holy lol what happened? xbox live get you?

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    I've been in the mood to play Dead Space again and free is good. Can you start a new game with an old completed save file?

edited March 2016
    Hardtarget wrote: »

Looks like I'm in good company. ;)

Or we've discovered the horrible truth: the Penny Arcade Forums have been stealing server space from Microsoft for years.

Synthesis on
    well that's hillarious

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    You guys... click once! Once!

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Apparently someone data mined out two more characters for Kiler Instinct Season 3
    Mira, the vampiric sister of Maya; and a General RAAM from Gears of War.

Killer Instinct continues to become "Microsoft: The Fighting Game". I'm guessing there will be one more guest character.

• CokomonCokomon Our butts are worth fighting for! Registered User regular
    Yup...
    Mira was just confirmed in the full Tusk trailer that just came out. As far as adding General RAAM and other guest MS characters, I have no problem with this direction that the game is going.

post.png
    Twitter: Cokomon | dA: Cokomon | Tumblr: Cokomon-art | XBL / NNID / Steam: Cokomon
  • Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    The vampire lady. Rumored to possibly be Maya's sister

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcRSRAB6qB0

Yeah, I could've sworn a certain flag officer with capital letters in his name was already leaked a month ago.

• dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    I recall seeing that, yeah.

I'm not much into fighting games, but Smash looks cool, and I'm just fine with there being a Smash on all platforms, because who hasn't wanted to make everyone fight?

• CokomonCokomon Our butts are worth fighting for! Registered User regular
    Well, KI is not really Smash in mechanics as it is becoming an all-star crossover fighting game. At least if those stars are monsters, mutants and aliens from various MS titles.

post.png
    Twitter: Cokomon | dA: Cokomon | Tumblr: Cokomon-art | XBL / NNID / Steam: Cokomon