As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Xbox Live] GO TO NEW THREAD HOMIES

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    I found 3 of your backpacks between the first camp and the bear, then nothing since.

• Options
    VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    Sirialis wrote: »
    I found 3 of your backpacks between the first camp and the bear, then nothing since.

Yeah I was definitely trying to hit the 3/4 guys there with a Poison Arrow before I gave up and did it in a Chapter Replay

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    Gah, somehow the screen narrator got turned on on my xbox. Holy crap was that irritating until I find out how to turn it off.

• Options
    VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular

Rage can now be bought digitally. game is already BC. also, Hitman Absolution was added to BC yesterday. nice to see that as well as continued support for the BC programme, MS are also working on what games are available digitally for 360. hopefully ME 2+3 will make it to the store at some point.

• Options

and mark your calender, the time and date for the MS E3 press conference has been set! no details on what's being shown yet, but expect everything to revolve around the Scorpio.

• Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    The only surprising thing about the Scorpio will be the form factor. Front facing USB ports might be nice. *shrugs*

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    I'm curious what the Scorpio plans are for VR.

That will probably be the deciding factor to determine if I early adopt or not.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    I'm all in for Scorpio, my launch xbone is getting a bit funky. I think sleep mode is killing it.

• Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    I'm curious what the Scorpio plans are for VR.

That will probably be the deciding factor to determine if I early adopt or not.

hopefully nothing

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    Yeah! If i don't like [thing] nobody should!

• Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    Feels a little early to get the E3 hype train going.

• Options
    Yeah! If i don't like [thing] nobody should!
    mmhmm

also I thought their big future was AR anyways

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Zilla360 wrote: »
    The only surprising thing about the Scorpio will be the form factor. Front facing USB ports might be nice. *shrugs*

Or just an extra foot on all supplied cables.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    Dirty wrote: »

well i'm not really expecting any real Xbox news out of MS before E3, so knowing exactly when we will get something out of them is pretty good. that's doesn't mean we need to be going full tilt on the hype train, but nothing wrong with getting it moving either. makes it easier to pick up steam as we get closer to the big event.

as for the question of VR, i've no doubt that it will support the currently available rigs. i think the recent interest in VR is a big part of why MS and Sony have gone the incremental upgrade route this gen. however, i don't see it being the main focus, rather just some added functionality for those that want it. plus, like Hardtarget, MS see AR as being a better bet so we might see some HoloLense stuff, but i don't think that's even close to being commercially viable yet.
    Zilla360 wrote: »

i'm not gonna lie, i'm really curious about how it will look. i want to know how involved with the design Panos Panay and the Hardware/Devices team have been. are we gonna get something that's more or a Surface console or will it still be distinctly Xbox?

• Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    Over here on the PS side, I find it very easy to mostly ignore the existence of VR. It being an option has not affected my PS4 playtime in any way.

• Options
    Over here on the PS side, I find it very easy to mostly ignore the existence of VR. It being an option has not affected my PS4 playtime in any way.

which is why i don't expect it to be a focal point for MS. most people will fall into that category. i have no real interest in VR beyond the novelty factor. but for those that do want it, then the added functionality could be a nice selling point.

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular

Never.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Anybody else playing Sea of Thieves this weekend? I'd like to get a crew together or join one.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    They're doing the alpha/beta thing already??

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    I'm looking forward to the Scorpio for the following reason
    2222735769df7fa0f3c80160413e4bd4ce9972b54760758e588d8582f89870cc.jpg

Also I had no idea there was any sea of theives stuff this soon

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular

They have been, this is the 2nd or 3rd closed playtest. They've been very limited and under NDA, I believe this is the first one where you're allowed to say you're playing it.

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Crippl3 wrote: »

They have been, this is the 2nd or 3rd closed playtest. They've been very limited and under NDA, I believe this is the first one where you're allowed to say you're playing it.

And hopefully the first one where I remember to launch the game during the test period.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    looks like Rocket League is having another free play weekend, if there's anyone else like me who still hasn't bought it.

• Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    I'm all in for Scorpio, my launch xbone is getting a bit funky. I think sleep mode is killing it.

I really want a UHD player and a 4K device that isn't my Vizio-M. Even the best smart TV apps on the market are still smart TV apps.

So I want to see if it'll justify not buying an Xbox One S instead.

• Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular

Wait, is this something that happens often? I keep mine in instant-on mode because I have to run my cable box through it. D=

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options

Wait, is this something that happens often? I keep mine in instant-on mode because I have to run my cable box through it. D=

Not that I've heard but, my xbox is low to the ground and I have a husky who sheds a lot so I'm sure it's full of hair and dust by now too

• Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    Is there even a way to not make it always go to sleep mode instead of off?
    Synthesis wrote: »

I really want a UHD player and a 4K device that isn't my Vizio-M. Even the best smart TV apps on the market are still smart TV apps.

So I want to see if it'll justify not buying an Xbox One S instead.

This is really what I need, it's why I held off on a Pro even though I'd rather get a PlayStation than a second Xbox (I like my Xbox, just have no need for two of the same console and don't care enough to make upgrading to a better version of it worthwhile).

• Options
    You can absolutely turn off sleep mode

• Options
    Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular

Not that I've heard but, my xbox is low to the ground and I have a husky who sheds a lot so I'm sure it's full of hair and dust by now too

It's really easy to take apart to clean.

No I don't.
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    But then he wouldn't need to buy a Scorpio!

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    I only like doing maintenance on my older consoles because I'm so afraid of breaking something or losing a screw. I have had to open my Dreamcast up about 5 times and each tine I lost another screw. Now I just tape it shut lol

• Options
    Looks like NBA 2K17 is also doing a free weekend this weekend.

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Force unleashed is up to download for free too.

• Options
    steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Free weekends are neat but I wish they'd come up with a better indicator than "Owned"

I was looking through the deals tab last night and it said I "owned" Rocket League and all I could think was "when the fuck did I/why the fuck would I buy Rocket League?"

Then I clicked on it and it was like "nah just kidding, you don't own it, but you can for $15"

• Options
    Yep, saw that for something one time too and freaked out thinking someone hacked my account.

• Options
    Overwatch is still in my ready-to-install list from the free weekends even though I never bought it.

• Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Free weekends are neat but I wish they'd come up with a better indicator than "Owned"

I was looking through the deals tab last night and it said I "owned" Rocket League and all I could think was "when the fuck did I/why the fuck would I buy Rocket League?"

Then I clicked on it and it was like "nah just kidding, you don't own it, but you can for $15"

I'm sure Rocket League fans would hate you, but I agree, there really ought to be a different label--though I can imagine the difficulty altering the framework across the entire ecosystem to reflect that. Something like "On Loan" or "Owned*" or "Weekend" or something.

EDIT: Or maybe just the time of how much longer you had to play it in hours?

Synthesis on