Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Burning images to CDs.....

Sars_BoySars_Boy Registered User regular
edited April 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
and then being able to play them on a DVD player

does this sound right to anyone?

I was told to do this with a .cue file by a friend, and have tried to no avail

anything I should know?

Sars_Boy on

• JasconiusJasconius sword criminal Flo-ridaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I don't think cue is what you need.

If it's not a movie or other video type file, then you can create a disc image called *.iso and then use a program to burn the ISO to a disk.

I'm not sure about the technical elements of the process, but I believe you need to have a program that can burn the ISO properly so it will actually work like a real CD.

I use SonicStage, and it does the trick for anything non-movie/tv.

• tardcoretardcore Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    It depends on what you're wanting to burn... Did you rip something to make a copy or are you trying to put something together on your computer into an image file?

• DrFrylockDrFrylock Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I'm guessing what this guy wants is to take a bunch of images (probably JPG or PNG files) and burn them onto a DVD such that he can put them in his home DVD player (i.e., not a computer) and see the images on TV.

Effectively DVD players play video. So, you might use a video editing program like Windows Movie Maker, iMovie, Premiere, or something like that to make a slideshow of the images and then add a soundtrack. Or, some DVD mastering software might have the ability to do an image gallery using menus and stuff. Or, there might be some special DVD subformat for image galleries, but I'd doubt that.

Spoiler: