As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[League of Legends] Winter Rift is Coming

• Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    well, he reduces your AD, he heals when things die, he has bonus AS movement and healing on his zone, and his ult steals your defensive stats

so

until you can spam your true damage and laugh, you let him have his farm. you are far, far better after laning than he is. also, time your engagements so that you're not fighting when he's about to get a bunch of healing from a wave

Trundle is far far better after laning than Olaf. Only marginally weakened if not against a tank

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    JookieJookie Registered User regular
    One thing that's going to suck about the removal of spell vamp is how silly it was on Annie if you max Q and get a bunch of early CDR.

butts
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    The range on Zyra's new passive is waaaaay bigger than I expected it to be, if you stand at blue or red buff it looks like you can feasibly have seeds pop up in the river. Seems like a lot of her power has been shifted to something that she has no control over, and my initial reaction is that that's going to wind up making her frustrating to play.

I'm also pretty sure her passive seeds' cooldown doesn't reduce with level, despite the tooltip claiming it should.

• Options
    RaslinRaslin Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    RNG vs CLG game 1
    Aurelion sol huhi, alright...

Raslin on
    I cant url good so add me on steam anyways steamcommunity.com/id/Raslin

3ds friend code: 2981-6032-4118
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    This is the most entertaining pro-game I've watched in a long time.

edit:
    I recently got into wrestling and that ending felt so much like a bullshit wrestling match ending. I'm not one of the crazies who actually thinks League is scripted, just saying that's how it felt at the end.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    What's vlads first item now if the revolver doesn't give vamp anymore?

• Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Revolver gives vamp still.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular
    Two questions for today: when the patch notes are available, would someone copy pasta them here?

Second question, with where MSI is this year and where I am, I'm never going to see any games live until the weekend. Is there any way to download the VODs from the matches to watch on my phone?

Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391
  • Options
    skyknytskyknyt Registered User, ClubPA regular
    that hextech item that shoots slowing shards is REALLY FUCKING COOL on Ahri

Tycho wrote:
    [skyknyt's writing] is like come kind of code that, when comprehended, unfolds into madness in the mind of the reader.
    PSN: skyknyt, Steam: skyknyt, Blizz: skyknyt#1160
  • Options
    Red RaevynRed Raevyn because I only take Bubble Baths Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    @Penumbra

Patch 6.9 Notes

They are way too huge to paste so I put them on pastebin. Details of each mage update aren't in first link because it's a click to select kind of thing.
    6.9 Patch Notes in text on pastebin
    Edit: Mage Updates in separate Pastebin here

You can get the YouTube links for each match from r/LoLEventVods and then use whatever method you like to download the video files - probably your easiest bet (if you can't stream them from YouTube).

Red Raevyn on
  • Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    @Penumbra

Patch notes too many characters to link, best I can do is the link

http://oce.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/game-updates/patch/patch-69-notes

Epic skill shot on youtube already has Day 1 vods up.

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    Yeah, www.reddit.com/r/loleventvods is the best place for spoiler free VoDs of matches. They usually are pretty good about getting them up right after a match ends as well.

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular
    Thanks everyone. Penny arcade has the best community around.

Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391
  • Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    Penumbra wrote: »
    Two questions for today: when the patch notes are available, would someone copy pasta them here?

Second question, with where MSI is this year and where I am, I'm never going to see any games live until the weekend. Is there any way to download the VODs from the matches to watch on my phone?

@Penumbra the twitch app lets you stream back programming now. So you can just go to the channel to find the broadcast

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    Here's a potentially dumb question; anybody know how the new Athene's Unholy Grail passive works with AOE shields? Do the blood charges only go to a single target, do they get distributed evenly, or does everyone shielded get the full value?

Thinking mostly about Karma here. The ability to heal everyone on her team with a mantra E would be one hell of a buff to her.

• Options
    Liquid GhostLiquid Ghost DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES, TOO?! Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    played some malphite in solo queue last night

i have seen the fucking light

also, me jungling for the first time as shen was an absolute farce

grab your floppy shoes and your red nose chumps we're headed to fucking clown school

edit: it occurs to me that i swear way too much

Liquid Ghost on
  • Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    edited May 2016
    My computer crashed while I was patching and now when I click the Launch button, the client disappears and though it shows up in my task manager, isn't accessible.

And when I try to run the game again I get the there's already a client open error message. And rebooting my PC hasn't worked.

Am I going to have to reinstall the entire client?

Edit: All right, it finally fixed itself after running the repair tool like five times.

facetious on
    "I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    First game with the new dragons had us snowballing hard by getting 3x Fire and 1x Air.

Didn't get a chance to see how that got with the Elder Dragon buff since we were able to close it out before it spawned. That's a lotta free damage.

New Athene's is interesting, at least. Need to figure out exactly where in the build I'm going to push for it, though.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    I am glad that the most oppresive mage in a game got more nerfs. I am talking obviously about Swain. Everyone remembers how well he is played competitively, and how many games in LCS he carried his teams to victory. Truly, these changes are necessary.

/s

• Options
    BubsBubs Not Burbs ChicagoRegistered User regular
    How do I join the PA club?

Also forgot the first rule of smurfs last night, and it cost me a game. The rule is- anytime somebody says they're a smurf, they're lying

PSN: thewheelz
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    holy shit this patch gutted so many things that are core to a lot of the champions I play.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Okay, Athene's + Ardent Censer Karma seems utterly disgusting. First game with her and I breezed into a zero death S rank.

I'm not totally sure what the interaction is but it certainly looked like the blood charges applied equally to everyone hit by her mantra shield.

• Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    Swain nerfs? Wha? D:

Do tell.

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    holy shit this patch gutted so many things that are core to a lot of the champions I play.

I'm just rather worried that adcs will be relatively less powerful, and as such I will have less impact on the game as either adc or support. I wonder. Duo-queue coworker and I are exchanging a lot of doom-and-gloom IMs on this subject right now...

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    Kay wrote: »
    Swain nerfs? Wha? D:

Do tell.

I didn't play him in new patch yet, but apparently he becomes immobile for 0.25 s while activating ult, which makes his biggest flaw (inability to catch quick enemies) even bigger.

• Options
    Liquid GhostLiquid Ghost DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES, TOO?! Registered User regular
    is there any particular place where pa forumers congregate to play lol w/ the ol' voice chat communication

i hop onto the vent server from time to time but it's not quite what i'm after

i would like to have a nest of battle ready dudes and dudettes that i can plug into whenever the itch hits me

which is always

forever itching scratching paranoid waiting is someone outside IS SOMEONE OUTSIDE THE HORNED GOD HOWLS MY NAME

... sorry. got a little carried away

• Options
    My wife and I played a bot game to check out new items, and I noticed one of my bots was in the enemy jungle for a good half a minute. How's that passive working out for you, Zyra bot?

https://youtu.be/CvlbYSiJ_8k

• Options
    MarthMarth Registered User regular
    is there any particular place where pa forumers congregate to play lol w/ the ol' voice chat communication

i hop onto the vent server from time to time but it's not quite what i'm after

i would like to have a nest of battle ready dudes and dudettes that i can plug into whenever the itch hits me

which is always

forever itching scratching paranoid waiting is someone outside IS SOMEONE OUTSIDE THE HORNED GOD HOWLS MY NAME

... sorry. got a little carried away

We could probably set up a curse or discord chat for something like this.

I have never used the vent server.

Steam PSN LoL: SadSchaub Battle.net: SadSchaub#1357
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Nothing like winning a Ranked 4v5 in your opponent's favor after your Nasus tilts off the face of the rift because of all-chat. This is why I do not have it on.

Also Brand JG is kinda hilarious. Hard, but hilarious.

Oh, and I personally think that the new Bloodrazor + Rageblade is actually a buff to Xin Zhao.
    Double edit combo: Also today I have seen Olaf banned twice and picked once. What is going on?

Hiryu02 on
    Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    Tcheldor wrote: »

TOTAL COST 1200 gold ⇒ 1050 gold
    COMBINE COST 340 ⇒ 180
    REMOVEDSPELL VAMP No longer grants Spell Vamp
    NEWMAGIC BOLT UNIQUE Passive - Damaging an enemy champion with a basic attack shocks them for 75-150 (at levels 1-18) bonus magic damage. (40 second cooldown, shared with other Hextech items.)

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    i would imagine vlad goes for bigger items like rylai's, zhonya's, deathcap or situational depending on matchup like new abyssal or the new Hextech protobelt

i have a sneaking suspicion that Hextech Gunblade might still be alright for vlad but probably more a luxury item because of the wasted AD itemization

• Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Tcheldor wrote: »

TOTAL COST 1200 gold ⇒ 1050 gold
    COMBINE COST 340 ⇒ 180
    REMOVEDSPELL VAMP No longer grants Spell Vamp
    NEWMAGIC BOLT UNIQUE Passive - Damaging an enemy champion with a basic attack shocks them for 75-150 (at levels 1-18) bonus magic damage. (40 second cooldown, shared with other Hextech items.)

It has the omnivamp thing going for it they said. Oh wait, that's gunblade. Revolver has nothing, but gunblade still has the vamp.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    I'm trying to find a jungle champion that clicks for me the way Ahri did for me mid. I like her mobility, and her charm's ability to both catch enemies and peel for teammates (and the aoe damage for teamfights). I thought Ekko might be a good choice, but by the time I saved up the IP I was unsure (and he hasn't been free in ages to try).

The two junglers I've played the most have been Udyr and Vi; the latter (and Jax) I die with more than I like, and while I love Udyr and some games feel great he doesn't always feel impactful. Maybe I'm building too tanky... Do y'all think Ekko might be fun in a way similar to Ahri? Any ideas on other junglers that may play like her?

• Options
    So I don't play Ahri, what are the attributes in her that you like in midlane, that you hope to also see in a jungler?

• Options
    KruiteKruite Registered User regular
    Ahri is a pretty unique character. Only other mages of similar mobility are azir, kassadin, echo, and ....the lunar girl....

• Options
    I tried Cass support

Do not try Cass support.

• Options
    JookieJookie Registered User regular
    butts
  • Options
    Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    It's not much, but I went mid today and won. And it just feels good to see your opponent making mistakes and abusing them to victory.

(Even if that mistake is as simple as "Lux just whiffed her root YOU'RE TALON, JUMP ON THE LUX SHE CAN'T STOP YOU NOW".)

• Options
    gam3p0tgam3p0t Registered User regular
    Dac Vin wrote: »
    It's not much, but I went mid today and won. And it just feels good to see your opponent making mistakes and abusing them to victory.

(Even if that mistake is as simple as "Lux just whiffed her root YOU'RE TALON, JUMP ON THE LUX SHE CAN'T STOP YOU NOW".)

just a heads up as talon you can actually force whiffs on champions who rely on C to stop you from instagibbing them. Example being veigar- If veigar cages and you're "trapped" you can E on him without getting stunned as long as he's in range. Because talon's E is technically not a dash its a teleport I.E. you can use it to "flash" through certain hitboxes I.E. you can E through Shen taunt, you can technically E through ashe arrow if the distance is proper. Its not a foolproof method or superbly good unless you have the latency/ and reactions to do it but anytime you're against someone like that who relies on CC to survive you can do it.