Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Agents of [The Division] - Directive 51 remains in effect

GnomeTankGnomeTank Registered User regular
The Division is a squad based free for all that puts players vs AI and other squad to gain gear and levels.

Set in Manhatten after a breakout of a deadly virus, the game offers tactical gameplay with several different classes such as Support, Offense, and Defense.

The game acts a lot like a 3rd person shooter/rpg and is only multiplayer. Going it alone does not work, so gather your friends and go on missions, find loot, or kill other players who have gone rogue.







60 fps PC trailer:



The game's release date is March 8th 2016 for Xbox One, PS4, and PC. Open beta on the 18th of January for Xbox one, 19th for everyone else. Ending on the 21st was fantastic.

PC System requirements here.

Minimum:
Operating System: Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (64-bit versions only)
Processor: Intel Core i5-2400, AMD FX-6100 or better
RAM: 6GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 with 2 GB VRAM (current equivalent NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760), AMD Radeon HD 7770 with 2 GB VRAM or better
DirectX: Version 11
Hard Drive Space: 40 GB of space available

Recommended:
Operating System: Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (64-bit versions only)
Processor: Intel Core i7-3770, AMD FX-8350 or better
RAM: 8GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970, AMD Radeon R9 290 or better
DirectX: Version 11
Hard Drive: 40 GB of space available

PA player spreadsheet Roe was too lazy to put in

Original op by @Roe

Sagroth wrote: »
Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
«13456769

Posts

  • CorriganXCorriganX Registered User regular
    http://steamcommunity.com/groups/WANGTECH for PC players to find other players, for challenging/incursions when they come along.

    n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
    IoloElvenshae
  • ArchArch Dr. Archibald Quintus Buggaroo Registered User regular
    So! I've got a bunch of the PS4...I guess "DLC" gear?

    From here: http://tomclancy-thedivision.ubi.com/game/en-US/agent-origins/

    (go there, if you haven't, for free cosmetics!)

    I want to know two things.

    One- even though the armor is only 20, and the stat bonus is only like..+17 damage...the paramedic backpack seems like something useful for a loooong time, given that it adds +2 medkit capacity.

    So first question- am I overselling this bonus if I keep using it well past the time I should have upgraded?

    Right now I'm only level 7, so I haven't found anything substantially better, but still.

    Second question- are there endgame backpacks with the same skin as the paramedic backpack? Because that comes to my second point about this backpack: it looks dope as fuck.

    Hazmat suit, no jacket, paramedic backpack makes for one snazzy looking medic character.

  • HandgimpHandgimp STEVE BANNON IS ON THE NSC JESUS FUCKING CHRIST WTFRegistered User regular
    Arch wrote: »
    So! I've got a bunch of the PS4...I guess "DLC" gear?

    From here: http://tomclancy-thedivision.ubi.com/game/en-US/agent-origins/

    (go there, if you haven't, for free cosmetics!)

    I want to know two things.

    One- even though the armor is only 20, and the stat bonus is only like..+17 damage...the paramedic backpack seems like something useful for a loooong time, given that it adds +2 medkit capacity.

    So first question- am I overselling this bonus if I keep using it well past the time I should have upgraded?

    Right now I'm only level 7, so I haven't found anything substantially better, but still.

    Second question- are there endgame backpacks with the same skin as the paramedic backpack? Because that comes to my second point about this backpack: it looks dope as fuck.

    Hazmat suit, no jacket, paramedic backpack makes for one snazzy looking medic character.

    Equip paramedic backpack, restock for +2 medkits. Swap to police, restock again for extra ammo. Swap to your actual backpack.

    PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • Custom SpecialCustom Special Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    @ObiFett what's the basic rundown of your tank gear and stats?
    I picked up the HE backpack and rolled one with two ballistic perks and the talent for healing equipment. Put on a few pieces and got up to about 2k electronics while still having decent hp.

    Custom Special on
    XBL: F4ll0ut Wolfoid | STEAM
    Star Wars: Echoes of the Force party roster | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • SimpsoniaSimpsonia Registered User regular
    Quick note regarding the talent Unforgiven on weapons. It's the one that adds bonus damage the lower your health is. The bonus is applied even after you heal up, up until you either switch weapons or go through a loading screen. Basically, it's a free 20% damage.

    RisenPhoenixSatsumomoWolveSight
  • ArchArch Dr. Archibald Quintus Buggaroo Registered User regular
    That....is way more work than I want to do, Handgimp, and also doesn't address my second question

  • DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    Yep. Games got some nasty glitches that I assume is being used by every rogue that has killed me ever.

    616610-1.png
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Simpsonia wrote: »
    Quick note regarding the talent Unforgiven on weapons. It's the one that adds bonus damage the lower your health is. The bonus is applied even after you heal up, up until you either switch weapons or go through a loading screen. Basically, it's a free 20% damage.

    Really? I guess... I will stop destroying weapons I get with that.

    “I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everyone.”
    ― Bill Cosby
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Just did a mission with an American and an European bigot... and they hit literally every note of popular bigotry that one would find both sides of the pond. Highlights of their conversation, which started with

    "I don't get why they get call each other N-s and I can't?" (They spent a few minutes talking about this.)

    Other gems in no particular order:
    "Obama is a Muslim."

    "Let's just say if the Prime Minister was one of them (Black) I wouldn't vote for him."

    "There shouldn't be a part of London called Little Pakistan"

    "They shouldn't make mosques over here"

    "I'm not being racist I'm just saying the truth"

    "...but if you say this then you're racist."

    "Trump is going to put his foot down."

    "I'm a patriot and I don't like people saying they'll leave if Trump wins."

    "They should become Christians if they come here (the UK guy says this, surprisingly.)

    "They give them (muslims, possibly refugees?) handouts but there's veterans and white mothers that can't get stuff."

    *Both talk about how they would totally be in the military but aren't.*

    The kicker, the UK guy says he's going on holiday... guess where: Turkey.

    Something about Britain voting to leave the EU(?).

    People fascinate me.

    edit: spoiler for h-scroll

    tastydonuts on
    “I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everyone.”
    ― Bill Cosby
    VagabondShadowfireEntaruSatsumomo
  • Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Just did a mission with an American and an European bigot... and they hit literally every note of popular bigotry that one would find both sides of the pond. Highlights of their conversation, which started with

    "I don't get why they get call each other N-s and I can't?" (They spent a few minutes talking about this.)

    Other gems in no particular order:
    "Obama is a Muslim."

    "Let's just say if the Prime Minister was one of them (Black) I wouldn't vote for him."

    "There shouldn't be a part of London called Little Pakistan"

    "They shouldn't make mosques over here"

    "I'm not being racist I'm just saying the truth"

    "...but if you say this then you're racist."

    "Trump is going to put his foot down."

    "I'm a patriot and I don't like people saying they'll leave if Trump wins."

    "They should become Christians if they come here (the UK guy says this, surprisingly.)

    "They give them (muslims, possibly refugees?) handouts but there's veterans and white mothers that can't get stuff."

    *Both talk about how they would totally be in the military but aren't.*

    The kicker, the UK guy says he's going on holiday... guess where: Turkey.

    Something about Britain voting to leave the EU(?).

    People fascinate me.

    edit: spoiler for h-scroll

    Look, you have to remember that the US and Canada have only existed as distinct countries and cultures for less than 300 years. Cultures in the Old World have had centuries or millennia to work on their bigotry and refine it into a more polished form of awfulness.

    Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

    Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
    Hacksaw
  • Corporal CarlCorporal Carl Registered User regular
    So it was almost midnight and I thought to do the two dailies quickly.
    Then a Penny Arcadian jumps in the party, and we get a third PAer to do the daily challenge mode (which was a first for our third PAer)... Then a little DZing, the reset hits, we do the two new dailies, then some more DZ with a fourth PAer, helped out a 5th PAer with a glitched echo by using my low level alt, and now it's 5AM and I'm crawling to my bed...

    I did gain quite a few DZ ranks thanks to some gear that gave me 75% Increased XP on kill and my three bodyguards :biggrin:

    But I'm going to be such a wreck for the next couple of days :lol:

    Thanks everyone for an excellent evening!

    PSN (PS4-Europe): Carolus-Billius
    My Overwatch stats
    Al_watSchlagholzer
  • HandgimpHandgimp STEVE BANNON IS ON THE NSC JESUS FUCKING CHRIST WTFRegistered User regular
    Ardent wrote: »
    Had some excellent running gunfights in the DZ with rogues today with Handgimp, Aumni, and Simpsonia. And GONG-00 my bad.

    Definitely more rogue-y than it was a week ago, but for the most part they seem to prey upon DZ01-04 and avoid DZ05-06 where we tend to farm. The two big encounters both occurred near DZ04 as I recall.

    Also we may have gone rogue a couple of times. You know. By accident.

    Silly explosive rounds tagging the rogue's buddies whose timers just expired... Oh well. Got my rogue killcount up to 21 and Dark Zone rank to 64.

    PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Handgimp wrote: »
    Ardent wrote: »
    Had some excellent running gunfights in the DZ with rogues today with Handgimp, Aumni, and Simpsonia. And GONG-00 my bad.

    Definitely more rogue-y than it was a week ago, but for the most part they seem to prey upon DZ01-04 and avoid DZ05-06 where we tend to farm. The two big encounters both occurred near DZ04 as I recall.

    Also we may have gone rogue a couple of times. You know. By accident.

    Silly explosive rounds tagging the rogue's buddies whose timers just expired... Oh well. Got my rogue killcount up to 21 and Dark Zone rank to 64.

    Thank you to the rest of the group for avenging my death when the shit went down.

    GONG-00 on
    Future Employee of Planetary Acquisitions, Inc.
    3DS FC: 0602-7345-3295, Bravely Second - level 99 Ba'al Buster ship
    Fire Emblem Fates: 07620-54245-25733-64527
    BlY4ui5.png
  • SimpsoniaSimpsonia Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    GONG-00 wrote: »
    Handgimp wrote: »
    Ardent wrote: »
    Had some excellent running gunfights in the DZ with rogues today with Handgimp, Aumni, and Simpsonia. And GONG-00 my bad.

    Definitely more rogue-y than it was a week ago, but for the most part they seem to prey upon DZ01-04 and avoid DZ05-06 where we tend to farm. The two big encounters both occurred near DZ04 as I recall.

    Also we may have gone rogue a couple of times. You know. By accident.

    Silly explosive rounds tagging the rogue's buddies whose timers just expired... Oh well. Got my rogue killcount up to 21 and Dark Zone rank to 64.

    Thank you to the rest of the group for avenging my death when the shit went down.

    I really enjoyed that madcap dash through the subway and all the spawned mobs in between to go after that rogue. Super-glad I switched over to that talent that gives dmg resistance on medkit use.

    What do you guys think the biggest priorities are for use of my limited HE DivTech? I've got about 9 or 10 rolls right now. And, I'm assuming a Reckless Chest and/or Savage Gloves would be the best return on investment instead of rolling for MP5s?

    Simpsonia on
  • StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Anyone doing the challenge and hards on PS4?

    PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

    I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • HandgimpHandgimp STEVE BANNON IS ON THE NSC JESUS FUCKING CHRIST WTFRegistered User regular
    If you can get a good Vector roll, I'd focus on armor. Savage gloves for sure. Reckless chest is nice for now, but consider if you'll want it after they fix the talent before burning down a slew of divtech.

    PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • SimpsoniaSimpsonia Registered User regular
    My Vector is mediocre at best, middle of the road damage with Deadly and Ferocious (and that's the best I could come up with after 40 rolls). Though, it will probably take all my HE divtech to even get gloves that are worth it. I got lucky with my current ones and have +smg dmg, +crit, and +critDmg and Astute.

  • SpectrumSpectrum Super High-School Level ??? Hope's Peak AcademyRegistered User regular
    I feel bad because I really want an Aug and don't really like MP5s buuuuuut I also would feel weird/bad about picking a L30 recipe and not a L31. Bleh.

    Also, the dance of having very limited DivTech and deciding where to parcel it out is horrible. I've got enough to craft 4 more items, I need one more recipe to at least be running full HE, but some of the HE could definitely stand to be improved and I'm pretty picky about my gloves so...

  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    @ObiFett what's the basic rundown of your tank gear and stats?
    I picked up the HE backpack and rolled one with two ballistic perks and the talent for healing equipment. Put on a few pieces and got up to about 2k electronics while still having decent hp.

    The plan is to have a split of 1500/2250/2500 on my stats. The Ballistic Shield caps out at 500k health, so you want to get gear with +Ballistic Shield Resilence Skill Attributes and +armor/+health Major Attributes. I run LMG to suppress if my shield goes down. Reactive Targeting Ballistic Shield + Immunizer (Ammo if solo) Support Station + Survivor (Tactical if solo) Link for skills. Triage, Critical Salve, On the Move, and Repo Reaper for talents.

    Xbox Live - ObiFett (Destiny / Battleborn / Minecraft / Divinity / Division)
    PC Gaming - Borderlands 2 / Total Warhammer / Pillars of Eternity / Heroes of the Storm
    Wildstar- Novah Lionstar (Dominion) / Alema Ventress (Exile)
    SWTOR - Novah Lionstar (Shadowlands)
    Fun fact: obi never shits. He burns efficiently enough so as to produce minimal waste. All leftover matter is deposited in his venom sacs
  • DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Electronics build is kinda amazing. 3500 or so skill power and I have pulse and Smart Cover up constantly. My health is down to 50k but my damage is about the same despite much lower firepower and I crit say more thanks to the buffs.

    Then the rest of the group just gets to to insane damage.

    It's pretty great and I dibt even have the right gear for it. Just scraped together some yellows and purples from my stash

    Disrupter on
    616610-1.png
    Cilla Black
  • CorriganXCorriganX Registered User regular
    Disrupter wrote: »
    Electronics build is kinda amazing. 3500 or so skill power and I have pulse and Smart Cover up constantly. My health is down to 50k but my damage is about the same despite much lower firepower and I crit say more thanks to the buffs.

    Then the rest of the group just gets to to insane damage.

    It's pretty great and I dibt even have the right gear for it. Just scraped together some yellows and purples from my stash

    I went a bit crazy, and FULL electronics. 1100 firearms and stamina, everything else electronics. About 45k skill power. My pulse and smartcover make challenge runs go amazingly faster than my 3600 firearms character. With smart cover and my armor, I can survive with 30k health easily since everything dies so fast.

    n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
    Disrupter
  • HerothHeroth Registered User regular
    Disrupter wrote: »
    Electronics build is kinda amazing. 3500 or so skill power and I have pulse and Smart Cover up constantly. My health is down to 50k but my damage is about the same despite much lower firepower and I crit say more thanks to the buffs.

    Then the rest of the group just gets to to insane damage.

    It's pretty great and I dibt even have the right gear for it. Just scraped together some yellows and purples from my stash

    See when i read things like this i just don't get it... it feels like i'm playing a different game or my game is broken...

    Do you just have utterly awesome guns or something? because no matter what i do i can't seem to break 110k dps... (and thats with a 'meh' rolled vector with decent damage but pretty shit stats) and i know dps doesn't really mean anything but its at least an number to measure against...

    I've got all lvl 31 gear apart from gloves... and i just can't get a decent gun... hell, to even try stay competitive i even ran some of the consulate exploit, got a couple HE guns but they are all pretty much trash... Maybe i just need to give it up and run the Dark zone until my eyes bleed?

    Its been said but I'm getting very much a pre RoS Diablo 3 feel from this game and i truthfully hated that, in fact i quit diablo 3 until RoS came out because i hated grinding and what was essentially hitting my head against a wall for little to no gain... maybe i should just take a break.

    heroth-s.png
  • HandgimpHandgimp STEVE BANNON IS ON THE NSC JESUS FUCKING CHRIST WTFRegistered User regular
    Farming divtech, about to call it a night. Midas drops, I grab it even tho I already have one. Group of three comes by and ganks. I respawn in safehouse, walk out the door. They run right past me. Explosive rounds, M44. Kill them all. Grab the loot, walk back into safehouse, quit the game.

    PwH4Ipj.jpg
    Steel AngelTulabelleSpectrumPanda4YouSimpsoniaDisrupterDyvim TvarElvenshaeCilla BlackAl_wat
  • Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Handgimp wrote: »
    Farming divtech, about to call it a night. Midas drops, I grab it even tho I already have one. Group of three comes by and ganks. I respawn in safehouse, walk out the door. They run right past me. Explosive rounds, M44. Kill them all. Grab the loot, walk back into safehouse, quit the game.

    So . . . some of us should form a bodyguard group and help you extract tomorrow?

    Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

    Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • SpectrumSpectrum Super High-School Level ??? Hope's Peak AcademyRegistered User regular
    Heroth wrote: »
    Disrupter wrote: »
    Electronics build is kinda amazing. 3500 or so skill power and I have pulse and Smart Cover up constantly. My health is down to 50k but my damage is about the same despite much lower firepower and I crit say more thanks to the buffs.

    Then the rest of the group just gets to to insane damage.

    It's pretty great and I dibt even have the right gear for it. Just scraped together some yellows and purples from my stash

    See when i read things like this i just don't get it... it feels like i'm playing a different game or my game is broken...

    Do you just have utterly awesome guns or something? because no matter what i do i can't seem to break 110k dps... (and thats with a 'meh' rolled vector with decent damage but pretty shit stats) and i know dps doesn't really mean anything but its at least an number to measure against...

    I've got all lvl 31 gear apart from gloves... and i just can't get a decent gun... hell, to even try stay competitive i even ran some of the consulate exploit, got a couple HE guns but they are all pretty much trash... Maybe i just need to give it up and run the Dark zone until my eyes bleed?

    Its been said but I'm getting very much a pre RoS Diablo 3 feel from this game and i truthfully hated that, in fact i quit diablo 3 until RoS came out because i hated grinding and what was essentially hitting my head against a wall for little to no gain... maybe i should just take a break.
    I'm not sure what you're comparing against specifically here? They're talking about an Electronics build and don't even mention paper doll DPS, so...

    I mean, I'm very Firearms weighted at 2700/2200/500 or something silly like that and I'm only sitting around 134k or so DPS, so you're not really that far behind.

  • EtiowsaEtiowsa Registered User regular
    Just had a funny ass dark zone run. A random decides to start following me and my friend around, which is cool. But he's not very mindful of firing lines, so he eventually gets tagged and we go rogue. Which wouldn't be a problem, except some other random walks by and decides to attack us before our 20 seconds is up, so we end up with proper rogue timers. Oh well, no big deal, we'll just relocate and run the clock out. Except we happen to be really close to a checkpoint. So people keep running out and trying to kill us. Long story short a stray bullet ended up putting us in a manhunt. We did manage to clear it though, so we got a nice chunk of exp. And one of the people who'd been fighting us attacked us again after the timer was gone, so we got a rogue bounty as well. Pretty productive excursion, in the end. :biggrin:

    Panda4YouElvenshae
  • HerothHeroth Registered User regular
    Spectrum wrote: »
    Heroth wrote: »
    Disrupter wrote: »
    Electronics build is kinda amazing. 3500 or so skill power and I have pulse and Smart Cover up constantly. My health is down to 50k but my damage is about the same despite much lower firepower and I crit say more thanks to the buffs.

    Then the rest of the group just gets to to insane damage.

    It's pretty great and I dibt even have the right gear for it. Just scraped together some yellows and purples from my stash

    See when i read things like this i just don't get it... it feels like i'm playing a different game or my game is broken...

    Do you just have utterly awesome guns or something? because no matter what i do i can't seem to break 110k dps... (and thats with a 'meh' rolled vector with decent damage but pretty shit stats) and i know dps doesn't really mean anything but its at least an number to measure against...

    I've got all lvl 31 gear apart from gloves... and i just can't get a decent gun... hell, to even try stay competitive i even ran some of the consulate exploit, got a couple HE guns but they are all pretty much trash... Maybe i just need to give it up and run the Dark zone until my eyes bleed?

    Its been said but I'm getting very much a pre RoS Diablo 3 feel from this game and i truthfully hated that, in fact i quit diablo 3 until RoS came out because i hated grinding and what was essentially hitting my head against a wall for little to no gain... maybe i should just take a break.
    I'm not sure what you're comparing against specifically here? They're talking about an Electronics build and don't even mention paper doll DPS, so...

    I mean, I'm very Firearms weighted at 2700/2200/500 or something silly like that and I'm only sitting around 134k or so DPS, so you're not really that far behind.

    Yeah sorry i more meant to the comment that he does very similar damage and the the comment by corrigan saying everything dies very fast.

    I mean, my stats are 2525/2034/1722 which gets me 113k or swapping out my knee-pads for more firearms for 3131/2034/1037 which boosts it to 118k... but it doesn't seem like i'm doing much damage at all... Maybe its because i'm pugging, with a massively wide range of people from 'great' to 'terrible' or, i don't know... i should really get into a PA group some time to measure myself more.

    heroth-s.png
  • SpectrumSpectrum Super High-School Level ??? Hope's Peak AcademyRegistered User regular
    Heroth wrote: »
    Spectrum wrote: »
    Heroth wrote: »
    Disrupter wrote: »
    Electronics build is kinda amazing. 3500 or so skill power and I have pulse and Smart Cover up constantly. My health is down to 50k but my damage is about the same despite much lower firepower and I crit say more thanks to the buffs.

    Then the rest of the group just gets to to insane damage.

    It's pretty great and I dibt even have the right gear for it. Just scraped together some yellows and purples from my stash

    See when i read things like this i just don't get it... it feels like i'm playing a different game or my game is broken...

    Do you just have utterly awesome guns or something? because no matter what i do i can't seem to break 110k dps... (and thats with a 'meh' rolled vector with decent damage but pretty shit stats) and i know dps doesn't really mean anything but its at least an number to measure against...

    I've got all lvl 31 gear apart from gloves... and i just can't get a decent gun... hell, to even try stay competitive i even ran some of the consulate exploit, got a couple HE guns but they are all pretty much trash... Maybe i just need to give it up and run the Dark zone until my eyes bleed?

    Its been said but I'm getting very much a pre RoS Diablo 3 feel from this game and i truthfully hated that, in fact i quit diablo 3 until RoS came out because i hated grinding and what was essentially hitting my head against a wall for little to no gain... maybe i should just take a break.
    I'm not sure what you're comparing against specifically here? They're talking about an Electronics build and don't even mention paper doll DPS, so...

    I mean, I'm very Firearms weighted at 2700/2200/500 or something silly like that and I'm only sitting around 134k or so DPS, so you're not really that far behind.

    Yeah sorry i more meant to the comment that he does very similar damage and the the comment by corrigan saying everything dies very fast.

    I mean, my stats are 2525/2034/1722 which gets me 113k or swapping out my knee-pads for more firearms for 3131/2034/1037 which boosts it to 118k... but it doesn't seem like i'm doing much damage at all... Maybe its because i'm pugging, with a massively wide range of people from 'great' to 'terrible' or, i don't know... i should really get into a PA group some time to measure myself more.
    I imagine you just don't have ideal high-ends or at least aren't spec'ed into stats the paper doll cares about. Lacking Accuracy or Stability or not using the right magazine or having a bunch of damage to elites on your gear will all punish you but you could still make it work in practice.

  • CorriganXCorriganX Registered User regular
    Heroth wrote: »
    Spectrum wrote: »
    Heroth wrote: »
    Disrupter wrote: »
    Electronics build is kinda amazing. 3500 or so skill power and I have pulse and Smart Cover up constantly. My health is down to 50k but my damage is about the same despite much lower firepower and I crit say more thanks to the buffs.

    Then the rest of the group just gets to to insane damage.

    It's pretty great and I dibt even have the right gear for it. Just scraped together some yellows and purples from my stash

    See when i read things like this i just don't get it... it feels like i'm playing a different game or my game is broken...

    Do you just have utterly awesome guns or something? because no matter what i do i can't seem to break 110k dps... (and thats with a 'meh' rolled vector with decent damage but pretty shit stats) and i know dps doesn't really mean anything but its at least an number to measure against...

    I've got all lvl 31 gear apart from gloves... and i just can't get a decent gun... hell, to even try stay competitive i even ran some of the consulate exploit, got a couple HE guns but they are all pretty much trash... Maybe i just need to give it up and run the Dark zone until my eyes bleed?

    Its been said but I'm getting very much a pre RoS Diablo 3 feel from this game and i truthfully hated that, in fact i quit diablo 3 until RoS came out because i hated grinding and what was essentially hitting my head against a wall for little to no gain... maybe i should just take a break.
    I'm not sure what you're comparing against specifically here? They're talking about an Electronics build and don't even mention paper doll DPS, so...

    I mean, I'm very Firearms weighted at 2700/2200/500 or something silly like that and I'm only sitting around 134k or so DPS, so you're not really that far behind.

    Yeah sorry i more meant to the comment that he does very similar damage and the the comment by corrigan saying everything dies very fast.

    I mean, my stats are 2525/2034/1722 which gets me 113k or swapping out my knee-pads for more firearms for 3131/2034/1037 which boosts it to 118k... but it doesn't seem like i'm doing much damage at all... Maybe its because i'm pugging, with a massively wide range of people from 'great' to 'terrible' or, i don't know... i should really get into a PA group some time to measure myself more.

    When I say that everything dies fast, I don't mean from myself alone. Everything melts because my pulse is +40% crit chance and +90% critical damage. My smart cover is insane damage and damage mitigation, and they're both up 99% of the time. If I was pugging it, the electronics guy would be more of a hit or miss character, because boosting shitty dps doesn't necessarily make it into great dps, unlike boosting really good dps into greatness with my usual partners.

    n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
    Panda4You
  • Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    Handgimp wrote: »
    Farming divtech, about to call it a night. Midas drops, I grab it even tho I already have one. Group of three comes by and ganks. I respawn in safehouse, walk out the door. They run right past me. Explosive rounds, M44. Kill them all. Grab the loot, walk back into safehouse, quit the game.

    So . . . some of us should form a bodyguard group and help you extract tomorrow?
    Otoh the Midas is just 2 HE firearm parts now.

    "In this discussion of copyright it's actually appropriate to call it theft:
    This music is being (preemptively) removed from the public domain; it's being stolen from the people."

    Conservative ideology is a cancer on liberal democracy and it's getting close to terminal.
    - Shryke
    Handgimp
  • HerothHeroth Registered User regular
    yeah, fair points... i think i might ease of on playing a bit and do the DZ grind for a change of pace.

    heroth-s.png
  • ArdentArdent Skyline Ranger UndergroundRegistered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Simpsonia wrote: »
    GONG-00 wrote: »
    Handgimp wrote: »
    Ardent wrote: »
    Had some excellent running gunfights in the DZ with rogues today with Handgimp, Aumni, and Simpsonia. And GONG-00 my bad.

    Definitely more rogue-y than it was a week ago, but for the most part they seem to prey upon DZ01-04 and avoid DZ05-06 where we tend to farm. The two big encounters both occurred near DZ04 as I recall.

    Also we may have gone rogue a couple of times. You know. By accident.

    Silly explosive rounds tagging the rogue's buddies whose timers just expired... Oh well. Got my rogue killcount up to 21 and Dark Zone rank to 64.

    Thank you to the rest of the group for avenging my death when the shit went down.

    I really enjoyed that madcap dash through the subway and all the spawned mobs in between to go after that rogue. Super-glad I switched over to that talent that gives dmg resistance on medkit use.

    What do you guys think the biggest priorities are for use of my limited HE DivTech? I've got about 9 or 10 rolls right now. And, I'm assuming a Reckless Chest and/or Savage Gloves would be the best return on investment instead of rolling for MP5s?
    Getting your mods upgraded seems to be the best bang for your buck at first. It's tempting to buy sweet guns, but really HE mods are pretty significantly better than superior ones.

    Ardent on
    Steam ID | Origin ID: ArdentX | Uplay ID: theardent | Battle.net: Ardent#11476
    Join us on Discord for RPGs
    OddfishEntaru
  • OddfishOddfish On opposite weeks In odd numbered monthsRegistered User regular
    Ardent wrote: »
    Simpsonia wrote: »
    GONG-00 wrote: »
    Handgimp wrote: »
    Ardent wrote: »
    Had some excellent running gunfights in the DZ with rogues today with Handgimp, Aumni, and Simpsonia. And GONG-00 my bad.

    Definitely more rogue-y than it was a week ago, but for the most part they seem to prey upon DZ01-04 and avoid DZ05-06 where we tend to farm. The two big encounters both occurred near DZ04 as I recall.

    Also we may have gone rogue a couple of times. You know. By accident.

    Silly explosive rounds tagging the rogue's buddies whose timers just expired... Oh well. Got my rogue killcount up to 21 and Dark Zone rank to 64.

    Thank you to the rest of the group for avenging my death when the shit went down.

    I really enjoyed that madcap dash through the subway and all the spawned mobs in between to go after that rogue. Super-glad I switched over to that talent that gives dmg resistance on medkit use.

    What do you guys think the biggest priorities are for use of my limited HE DivTech? I've got about 9 or 10 rolls right now. And, I'm assuming a Reckless Chest and/or Savage Gloves would be the best return on investment instead of rolling for MP5s?
    Getting your mods upgraded seems to be the best bang for your buck at first. It's tempting to buy sweet guns, but really HE mods are pretty significantly better than superior ones.

    The extended mag and CQBSS scope are a must buy. Especially if you're a lucky bastard like me and roll %25 headshot damage bonus on both. Yikes. Being able custom tailor your weapons into the breath of a thousand angry gods is quite useful.

  • NumiNumi Registered User regular
    Looks like the asshole rogue-groups are out in force due to the imminent server shutdown. Got jumped at the extraction point in dz04 by three people, mauled them all within a few seconds and destroyed all their stuff just to spite them and because they didn't carry a sufficient number of keys which is just terrible manners when going rogue. Then ended up losing a 1v4 in dz06 after they rolled successive survival links and I ended up derping myself into a deadend.

    Running links back to back in a rogue group really needs to be patched out, it is bullshit even if people aren't running my setup where I have the link back after a pack of mobs due to headshot kills with the vector.

  • SimpsoniaSimpsonia Registered User regular
    Ardent wrote: »
    Simpsonia wrote: »
    GONG-00 wrote: »
    Handgimp wrote: »
    Ardent wrote: »
    Had some excellent running gunfights in the DZ with rogues today with Handgimp, Aumni, and Simpsonia. And GONG-00 my bad.

    Definitely more rogue-y than it was a week ago, but for the most part they seem to prey upon DZ01-04 and avoid DZ05-06 where we tend to farm. The two big encounters both occurred near DZ04 as I recall.

    Also we may have gone rogue a couple of times. You know. By accident.

    Silly explosive rounds tagging the rogue's buddies whose timers just expired... Oh well. Got my rogue killcount up to 21 and Dark Zone rank to 64.

    Thank you to the rest of the group for avenging my death when the shit went down.

    I really enjoyed that madcap dash through the subway and all the spawned mobs in between to go after that rogue. Super-glad I switched over to that talent that gives dmg resistance on medkit use.

    What do you guys think the biggest priorities are for use of my limited HE DivTech? I've got about 9 or 10 rolls right now. And, I'm assuming a Reckless Chest and/or Savage Gloves would be the best return on investment instead of rolling for MP5s?
    Getting your mods upgraded seems to be the best bang for your buck at first. It's tempting to buy sweet guns, but really HE mods are pretty significantly better than superior ones.

    Oh, I'm already in full HE gear, including weapon/gear mods (except the angled grip on my Vector), I just need to start optimizing talents. I'm just absolutely dreading the amount rolling it will take to replace what I already have.

  • Jedi_BoiJedi_Boi Registered User regular
    I've been getting better. Crafted a sweet Vector with some good crit damage on it. Just bulking my firearms a bit more to get the Brutal talent and +%25 headshot damage.

    Just hit level 39 in the DZ. I can solo hard missions no problem now.

    i.imgur.com/DG7Jj7H.jpg
    Godspeed, Ironsides.
  • DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    Heroth wrote: »
    Spectrum wrote: »
    Heroth wrote: »
    Disrupter wrote: »
    Electronics build is kinda amazing. 3500 or so skill power and I have pulse and Smart Cover up constantly. My health is down to 50k but my damage is about the same despite much lower firepower and I crit say more thanks to the buffs.

    Then the rest of the group just gets to to insane damage.

    It's pretty great and I dibt even have the right gear for it. Just scraped together some yellows and purples from my stash

    See when i read things like this i just don't get it... it feels like i'm playing a different game or my game is broken...

    Do you just have utterly awesome guns or something? because no matter what i do i can't seem to break 110k dps... (and thats with a 'meh' rolled vector with decent damage but pretty shit stats) and i know dps doesn't really mean anything but its at least an number to measure against...

    I've got all lvl 31 gear apart from gloves... and i just can't get a decent gun... hell, to even try stay competitive i even ran some of the consulate exploit, got a couple HE guns but they are all pretty much trash... Maybe i just need to give it up and run the Dark zone until my eyes bleed?

    Its been said but I'm getting very much a pre RoS Diablo 3 feel from this game and i truthfully hated that, in fact i quit diablo 3 until RoS came out because i hated grinding and what was essentially hitting my head against a wall for little to no gain... maybe i should just take a break.
    I'm not sure what you're comparing against specifically here? They're talking about an Electronics build and don't even mention paper doll DPS, so...

    I mean, I'm very Firearms weighted at 2700/2200/500 or something silly like that and I'm only sitting around 134k or so DPS, so you're not really that far behind.

    Yeah sorry i more meant to the comment that he does very similar damage and the the comment by corrigan saying everything dies very fast.

    I mean, my stats are 2525/2034/1722 which gets me 113k or swapping out my knee-pads for more firearms for 3131/2034/1037 which boosts it to 118k... but it doesn't seem like i'm doing much damage at all... Maybe its because i'm pugging, with a massively wide range of people from 'great' to 'terrible' or, i don't know... i should really get into a PA group some time to measure myself more.

    My damage production didn't really drop off from a firearms/stamina build. I remained about the same because Smart Cover and pulse are buffing me and are up pretty much akways.

    The teams damage production overall skyrockets because they also get that buff that keeps me afloat but they are starting from a solid position.

    I think incursions builds will likely be 1 electronics buffer and 3 firearms dps.

    Maybe an electronics buffer, an electronics shield tank/healer and 2 dps/crowd control if the shield tank works well.

    616610-1.png
    canuckont
  • cncaudatacncaudata Registered User regular
    Reposting from last thread because I had a run last night where we spent like 30 minutes talking through the story with one guy who hadn't paid attention to any of the of the audio or video during the game and he was amazed by everything that was in there. And we picked up the last April Kelleher echo as a group before we went in the DZ.

    It also just happened to be the best DZ run I've ever had for fun purposes. We twice got jumped by multi-group rogue baiting assholes and absolutely destroyed them, once survived a manhunt, killed 3-4 rogues myself (still not sure how far away from 20 I am...).

    I also ended up with a couple div tech and decided to craft an MP5 just to have one - got Brutal, Deadly, Stable.
    cncaudata wrote: »
    Dashui wrote: »
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    Dashui wrote: »
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    I finished the campaign finally.

    That sure was an ending. :|

    It had an ending?

    Thatsthejoke.jpg

    But yeah. I don't know what I was hoping for, but it wasn't that.

    To have an ending they would have had to have a coherent plot in the first place to attach it to.

    The campaign felt like one long side-quest to me. We never really got to interact with the big picture or events.

    What game are you playing?

    I thought this had one of the best "tell the story during the game, don't spoon-feed it, leave some things unanswered but explain most of what happened" stories I've seen...

    PSN: Broodax- battle.net: broodax#1163
    Entaru
  • SimpsoniaSimpsonia Registered User regular
    Welp, that was a big kick in the nuts. I crafted through all the divtech I accumulated from 1-50 and got nothing. Literally nothing useable. Fuck this game.

    Satsumomo
  • EntaruEntaru Registered User regular
    Simpsonia wrote: »
    Welp, that was a big kick in the nuts. I crafted through all the divtech I accumulated from 1-50 and got nothing. Literally nothing useable. Fuck this game.

    Lately I haven't had a lot of time to play so my game play loop looks like this when I get on:

    Collect tools and weapon parts until I have the right amount
    craft magazine
    roll another useless piece of shit that is definitely not a +rof mag
    turn off game

    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
«13456769
Sign In or Register to comment.