Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

PAX Video

ctishmanctishman Registered User
edited September 2004 in Archives
There were digicams everywhere, so let's see some video! If not on DVD, let's see it at least on a website!

ctishman on
WCTT_banner.gif
Get the PAX 2008 Countdown widget and while away your sad, pathetic life watching it tick down the hours to PAX '08!
http://homepage.mac.com/ctishman

• terrixterrix Registered User
    edited August 2004
    Especially if its of the Minibosses!

• ctishmanctishman Registered User
    edited August 2004
    I know there was mention earlier of a DVD, but I can't find the thread now. Are those the same people who were filming?

WCTT_banner.gif
    Get the PAX 2008 Countdown widget and while away your sad, pathetic life watching it tick down the hours to PAX '08!
  • BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2004
    http://www.loose-marbles.com/

People making the dvd.

<MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
    edited August 2004
    OMG teh broxeor

WCTT_banner.gif
  • KyleGKyleG Registered User
    edited August 2004
    I've got plenty of footage. I'll have it up soon. Most notably, I have the animated Cardboard Tube Samurai short and dead-center, super-awesome footage of the final Omegathon round, complete with all the surprises that took place.

edited September 2004
    Okay the other links are fried so here are some that work:

Vids of random people playing DDR

Minibosses - Contra and part of Metroid, excuse the lameness of my sounding out the music, apparently the camera picked up what my own ears couldn't.

Used Movie Maker 2 to piece them together so you'll need a recent version or codec for WMP 9.

• coolpcoolp Registered User
    edited September 2004
    Hi everyone, if you have good quality PAX video and want a place to upload it, please email me at coolp1@gmail.com, or IM me on AIM or MSN (coolp201 and coolp1@gmail.com respectively), and we'll see about it getting put up at www.talkxbox.com. Credit will of course be given to whoever shot the footage. Thanks :)

sig.php?tag=coolp1
  • AfflictionAffliction Registered User
    edited September 2004
    I'm still cutting mine together, and it should be ready by Friday. Unfortunately, I forgot about filming, even just a bit during the practice rounds, in the Call of Duty tournament I played in. Fuck. I also missed the PA Q&A, everything that happened on Saturday, the guy with the Power Glove, and a whole bunch of other shit that makes me want to hang myself for using a camera that takes like 20 seconds to start up. If I don't go for the full two days next year and/or forget to bring an extra DVcam battery again, you're all authorized to beat me with sticks like those kids in Porkfry's game pitch.

• B:LB:L Registered User regular
    edited September 2004
    I noticed people filming Soul Calibur II vids.

Anyone got some? I'm looking for my finals match against Zig. That was some quality stuff.

10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Sum RobotSum Robot Registered User
    edited September 2004
    B:L wrote:
    I noticed people filming Soul Calibur II vids.

Anyone got some? I'm looking for my finals match against Zig. That was some quality stuff.

Where you the winner or the loser? If you lost, a big thanks for all the gaming that night (I was the Voldo). If you won, then a big thanks to Zig.

Either way, getting knocked out right before the 32 didn't matter much... I got to play the second place guy quite a lot, and almost beat him once. I would also love to see those vids.

• B:LB:L Registered User regular
    edited September 2004
    Hahah, there's no mistaking me with Zig if you know the both of us.

I'm the Asian guy with a GameCrazy cap and a shitty stick.

Zig is an angry bald white dude who ran the event.

And...I won, so yeah you were playing against Zig.

10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • leafleaf Registered User regular
    edited September 2004
    KyleG wrote:
    I've got plenty of footage. I'll have it up soon. Most notably, I have the animated Cardboard Tube Samurai short and dead-center, super-awesome footage of the final Omegathon round, complete with all the surprises that took place.

And man you had better send it to me soon! Or post a link someplace....I can't wait to see have a copy of it! I'll try makin' a torrent for the thing soon as I get it - think I'll try putting it up on suprnova....

newsig-notweed.jpg
  • KyleGKyleG Registered User
    edited September 2004
    leaf wrote:
    KyleG wrote:

And man you had better send it to me soon! Or post a link someplace....I can't wait to see have a copy of it! I'll try makin' a torrent for the thing soon as I get it - think I'll try putting it up on suprnova....

Only footage I had on the memory stick was the Tycho-Gabe Pong match and up. I've got that in .mpg form right now. The other stuff (of which there's tons) is all on tape - I've got to record it from my TV onto here. The problem is, upon coming back, the half of my room with the TV in it has no power. I've got to get an extension cord in here.

Should be soon ;).

• LegacyLegacy Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2004
    As from the other thread:

http://legacy.idohost.com/CTS.wmv - Animated CTS
    http://legacy.idohost.com/DvsDDR.wmv - D vs DDR.

*This space for rent.*
  • Sum RobotSum Robot Registered User
    edited September 2004
    B:L wrote:
    Hahah, there's no mistaking me with Zig if you know the both of us.

I'm the Asian guy with a GameCrazy cap and a shitty stick.

Zig is an angry bald white dude who ran the event.

And...I won, so yeah you were playing against Zig.

Hehe... yeah, Zig sure was an angry bald dude. I especially liked his string of profanities when he was trying to get a Cervantes combo down.

edited September 2004
    Show us the Pong lovin'!

WCTT_banner.gif
  • lokimantislokimantis Registered User
    edited September 2004
    terrix wrote:

Holy crap.... :shock: Granted the singing recorded over the music is kind of gay, but that's awesome... the whole gameboy / cellphone light up in Metroid...#$%in AWESOME!

Wonder what the timeline is on the DVD?...because they had the forums / concerts mic'd and video'd through the teeth...

£0kì/\/\ån7ì§ :
    As long as I don't do, what I'm planning on doing, everything will work out perfectly.
    edited September 2004
    lokimantis wrote:
    terrix wrote:

Granted the singing recorded over the music is kind of gay, but that's awesome... the whole gameboy / cellphone light up in Metroid...#$%in AWESOME!

I can imagine the music was quite moving...besides... it didn't sound like you were the only one singing... Minibosses said they're going to try and hit up Portland for another show...for all the folks that missed out on it up here....

£0kì/\/\ån7ì§ :
    As long as I don't do, what I'm planning on doing, everything will work out perfectly.
  • AsiinaAsiina Registered User regular
    edited September 2004
    ctishman wrote:
    Show us the Pong lovin'!

edited September 2004
    Yeah for some reason my camera picks up me singing WAAAY out of key, which is now a running joke amongst my friends, but I could barely hear myself all I heard was everyone else, it was like singing with my car stereo all the way up. :oops:

After seeing D's video I vote this become his new avatar:
    games_dancedance.gif

• DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited September 2004
    There's a link to a video on this page (it's my brother's blog site). It's me and Josh E. DDRing, but I think this is the practice round he and I had, not the actual Omegathon DDR round, and it's mostly me cuz it was my brother shooting it.

http://metabug.dyndns.org/Elemental/06%20Spirit/PAX%202004/slides/DDR%20Sveta.html

edited September 2004
    Oh here's a video of some of the epic Pong game between Sean and Kevin:
    http://metabug.dyndns.org/Elemental/06%20Spirit/PAX%202004/slides/Game%20Over.html

• SquallSeeD31SquallSeeD31 Registered User regular
    edited September 2004
    terrix wrote:
    Yeah for some reason my camera picks up me singing WAAAY out of key, which is now a running joke amongst my friends, but I could barely hear myself all I heard was everyone else, it was like singing with my car stereo all the way up. :oops:

After seeing D's video I vote this become his new avatar:
    games_dancedance.gif
    It's incomplete though, where's the part where he finishes the song in amazing style, then promptly falls to his ass in a semi-drunken stupor? That would make my day, put that in an avatar. Go process.

FFXIV: Alchemy Stuff Character:
    Spoiler:
    edited September 2004
    stimpacks.jpg
    Oh here's a video of some of the epic Pong game between Sean and Kevin:
    http://metabug.dyndns.org/Elemental/06%20Spirit/PAX%202004/slides/Game%20Over.html
    /stimpacks.jpg

marine.jpgAhh yeah... That's the stuff

WCTT_banner.gif
    edited September 2004
    Hey gang, I was the guy with the camera crew @ PAX. Im currently editing it right now. If anyone has a short video they want to put on the DVD, just email me.

jeferichardson@hotmail.com

Or you can check out my daily log of me editing it together.

www.loose-marbles.com

Im looking for copyright free music I can use for the video. If anyone has suggestions or info please get ahold of me. Thanks.

edited September 2004
    Here's the best of what I got, complete with a Commander Keen remix.

http://www3.telus.net/northlight/cycle/pax04-divx-small.avi DivX 31MB 9:47 320x240

Unfortunately, the DV I used had a short battery life and a 5-second startup time, so I missed a lot.

My voice can be heard when Stefan is presenting his plunder from the gift shop.

• JoahWJoahW Registered User
    edited September 2004
    Affliction wrote:
    Here's the best of what I got, complete with a Commander Keen remix.

http://www3.telus.net/northlight/cycle/pax04-divx-small.avi DivX 31MB 9:47 320x240

Unfortunately, the DV I used had a short battery life and a 5-second startup time, so I missed a lot.

My voice can be heard when Stefan is presenting his plunder from the gift shop.
    I think thats me playing ddr in this video... I'm the one on the 2P pad.

Jamada.gif
    edited September 2004
    If so, then you're pretty good at that. I kind of suck at it because, since I don't own a PlayStation and there are no arcades nearby, I never get any practice. One of these days, though, I'm going to buy some DDR pads for PSX, one of those PSX>USB adaptor thingies, a copy of Stepmania, and a copy of DDR. Then I can practice at home.

• krims0nknitekrims0nknite Registered User
    edited September 2004
    minibosses, frag dolls, tourney winning games, maybe a bit about how many people were there.. Also maybe gabe and tycho speaking (never seen any vids of them anywhere)

Those are the clips I'd like to see personally

That 9:47 vid that was posted was pretty good, the wizard clips and DDR clips and chat with the game developers which is just hilarious.

edited September 2004
    That 9:47 vid that was posted was pretty good, the wizard clips and DDR clips and chat with the game developers which is just hilarious.

Thanks. I was kind of pissed that I missed so much, but hey, what can ya do?

• Sigma_100Sigma_100 Registered User regular
    edited September 2004
    heheheh im in that video!! and its an awesome video, too; love your choice of music :)

• ben184ben184 Registered User
    edited September 2004
    One of our fellow WCSTer's is famous:

Red Machine D spraining his ankle on the DDR machine! : http://poststuff2.entensity.net/090704/dork.wmv
    (The video is hot link protected, so you need to copy-paste the URL into your browser bar)

This is Legacy's "DvsDDR.wmv" video, but since we don't have "permission" to view it (grrrr...), I found this on another site that had downloaded it and decided to rename it "dork.wmv" and post it on their front page....

BTW, that site is www.Entensity.net , which is NFW and racist and a lot of other bad things....

Oh, and this video has also been Farked, apparently....

• LegacyLegacy Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2004
    http://xeroradius.superihost.com/DvsDDR.wmv

It went down, because it went over my transfer limit on that account.

So I put it up again. :P

D has it mirrored as well. :P

*This space for rent.*
  • ben184ben184 Registered User
    edited September 2004
    I just think it's funny that this video is being "discovered" by other websites...

• Red Machine DRed Machine D __BANNED USERS
    edited September 2004
    I'm going to email them - and my family's lawyer too, if necessary - to have them take it down.

It's not FOR them. :)

Fencingsax wrote:
    Death metal hippies: BLARRRGRH!!! PEACE MAN!!11!
  • Brass MonkeyBrass Monkey Registered User
    edited September 2004
    Hmmmm, not to be mean but that is one of the funniest things i have seen in a long time. Not really cause he hurt his ankle but cause he was trying to look very pissed off and everything than he just triped and fell, and the whole thing fell apart.

edited September 2004
    Hmmmm, not to be mean but that is one of the funniest things i have seen in a long time. Not really cause he hurt his ankle but cause he was trying to look very pissed off and everything than he just triped and fell, and the whole thing fell apart.

Damn now we have to look up dork.wmv which has to be out there somewhere on the web....and RedMachineD...I wouldn't necessarily say your famous...more like...infamous... :)

EDIT: No...I gotta agree... definately famous....

£0kì/\/\ån7ì§ :
    edited September 2004
    Nevermind... that had to be the funniest @#$#ing thing I've seen all weekend....
    That's awesome....

£0kì/\/\ån7ì§ :
    edited September 2004
    click the link titled "video" and you'll see Josh E playing Doom

http://metabug.dyndns.org/Elemental/06%20Spirit/PAX%202004/slides/Doom.html

^^

This discussion has been closed.