As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Fire Emblem Thread! Echoes may be a remake but hey lets use spoilers anyway

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Daypigeon wrote: »
    Titania seems like she probably had some kind of successful relationship we never hear about post Path

she's the kind of person who tries to keep that separate from her job. She just... offhand mentions the significant other at some point and everyone else stares at her in confusion. "who"

I can see that.

On the other hand, her last major crush was Greil, and that is a hard act to follow, you know?

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Titania seems like she probably had some kind of successful relationship we never hear about post Path

she's the kind of person who tries to keep that separate from her job. She just... offhand mentions the significant other at some point and everyone else stares at her in confusion. "who"

Titania being like the Aveline of Fire Emblem would make me like her that much more

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »

Titania being like the Aveline of Fire Emblem would make me like her that much more

Oooh, that would be neat (or rather, I hope to have an Aveline-like character in FE in the future). I do have a thing for hopelessly unrequited love too, though, so I hope to see more of that as well, despite the whole "everyone can S support with basically everyone" way FE is going

signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
  • Options
    TamerBillTamerBill Registered User regular
    SilverWind wrote: »

Oooh, that would be neat (or rather, I hope to have an Aveline-like character in FE in the future). I do have a thing for hopelessly unrequited love too, though, so I hope to see more of that as well, despite the whole "everyone can S support with basically everyone" way FE is going

Ah, a Cordelia fan.

3DS Friend Code: 4828-4410-2451
  • Options
    Mr KhanMr Khan Not Everyone WAHHHRegistered User regular
    The need for pairing (as well as some frustrating choices about making certain characters avatar-romance-only) is bad for gameplay. Less so in Birthright because you can make the relationships you want if you really have the time (i don't, so it's effectively the same restraints as Conquest), but then you're just benching characters for romance compatibility purposes and that feels all kinds of wrong in a game that should be about fielding the most effective killing force.

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Well in theory the my castle battles present a reasonable way to grind relationships without having to worry about losing any units, but really they're even more annoying to grind on than birthrights challenge maps (or at least I thought so)

Especially because you have no actual indicator of if units have gained the most possible bond points for that given battle

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    TamerBill wrote: »

Ah, a Cordelia fan.

Actually no (but I find her situation hilariously unfortunate). I have some pretty specific requirements and Cordelia doesn't meet them. :P One of the minimum requirements is probably "has a conversation with the other person"...?

signature.png
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular

Ah, a Cordelia fan.

Actually no (but I find her situation hilariously unfortunate). I have some pretty specific requirements and Cordelia doesn't meet them. :P One of the minimum requirements is probably "has a conversation with the other person"...?

Summer scramble. It is hilariously awkward and barely qualifies as a conversation, but it exists!

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular

Ah, a Cordelia fan.

PeKBrMw.jpg

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    TamerBillTamerBill Registered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »

Ah, a Cordelia fan.

PeKBrMw.jpg

Kent and Lyn have a paired ending, that's not hopelessly unrequited.

3DS Friend Code: 4828-4410-2451
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Yes, but the preferred version of their dynamic is one where it's unrequited, that's part of what makes it tasty. Kent admiring Lyndis from afar is the entire point and it's how they're shipped together in this instance.

I have this hunch she's a fan of Kent

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    This just came out in England

What the hell was up with that difficulty spike in chapter 5?

• Options
    edited May 2016
    Gumpy wrote: »

Woo, another EU player arrives! Chapters 1-4 are essentially tutorial levels. 5 is definitely the first stage where you have to be a bit more cautious (I suppose it's still sort of tutorializing--this time, you have to check movement ranges and equipment, really utilize pairups and don't attack the wormslayer equipped people with Corrin unless they can take the unit down in one go). Take it real slow.

Yes, but the preferred version of their dynamic is one where it's unrequited, that's part of what makes it tasty. Kent admiring Lyndis from afar is the entire point and it's how they're shipped together in this instance.

wherever would you come up with that idea I think despite fates and awakening come out he's still at least 15% of my saved FE fanart folder

SilverWind on
    signature.png
  • Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    Gumpy wrote: »

Woo, another EU player arrives! Chapters 1-4 are essentially tutorial levels. 5 is definitely the first stage where you have to be a bit more cautious (I suppose it's still sort of tutorializing--this time, you have to check movement ranges and equipment, really utilize pairups and don't attack the wormslayer equipped people with Corrin). Take it real slow.

Playing on hard and it was a pretty big wall - Everyone was more or less one hitting my non dragon dude and the last pull was a nightmare. Took a couple of tries to get through.

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    not even benny can save you rinkah. you are a bad character, go away

• Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    Ch. 5 is why I utilize branch of fate except when ramping up the difficulty... I rely too much on having a large party + potions and built supports, so I've always found it the toughest of the game.

• Options
    corrin can kill 2 enemies per turn with azura, and kaze with rinkah support can tank/kill most of the mages. it's not that bad even on lunatic as long as you get good use out of kaze.

• Options
  • Options
    oh my god are those the lines he says

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    everytime I @silverwind she is going to go "oh great he found another creepy xander thing"

• Options
    DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    Good lord, it's... it's perfect

• Options
    There is nothing creepy about a woman and her husband having a nice evening together

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Oh my god there are tears streaming down my face

Why in heavens above girl WHY DID YOU DO THAT OH GOD

Wyborn held my hands so I couldn't cover my ears and he better watch his back for doing such a thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU ARE ON NOTICE CAMERON

signature.png
  • Options
    I'm laughing so hard

I need more characters

I love how even the camera person couldn't hold it together

• Options
    that is a situation where I am totally okay with being husbando #2

• Options
    Tumblr is evil

In other words I ordered these, they're artsy enough for me not to feel wholly embarrassed about having them framed (like our walls don't contain anything but comic/game prints anyway)

Spoilered for end of Conquest/Birthright imagery:

• Options

Kent's best ship is still with Fiora, if only because of how the B rank goes.

"There's just too much fraternizing in this army. We need to enforce discipline."

"Indeed. It's a good thing we can be trusted not to do anything... unseemly."

"Of course. But before we come up with an action plan, have you seen my sock drawer organization technique? It's 7% more efficient."

"Take me now, you animal."

• Options
    Kana's paralogue is delightfully built. The moats are strategic, the enemies carefully placed and built to trigger their movement at just the right times.

I had a hell of a time with the one promoted lance-user. My Oboro had a swordcatcher to deal with the promoted samurai.

• Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    Janson wrote: »
    I'm laughing so hard

I need more characters

I love how even the camera person couldn't hold it together

I lost it at the CD skipping.

• Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    Mr Khan wrote: »
    Kana's paralogue is delightfully built. The moats are strategic, the enemies carefully placed and built to trigger their movement at just the right times.

I had a hell of a time with the one promoted lance-user. My Oboro had a swordcatcher to deal with the promoted samurai.

I didn't get to it until after Chapter 20 (had to get Arthur to 25 for Sol) and I just kinda ran over everyone, it was savage.

Between the two invasions and the two child paralogues I've done I think I'm ahead of the curve on Conquest, which is bizarre. It's still very easy to make mistakes and fuck up though, which I appreciate. I think I'll be playing Lunatic on Casual at least in the first instance, I have lost a LOT of time this week to sloppy play.

I'm super enamoured with this game, I think it's my GotY so far.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    All concerns with plot or characters aside, boy howdy, Conquest is a really good Fire Emblem just on a mechanical evel

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    yeah I finally finished conquest on normal/classic and.... I think I actually just want to play it again on lunatic/casual to try that out, and just read the plot of revelations/birthright

though I thought the ending was solid and did the unthinkable
    actually made me feel for takumi

aw hey buddy it's ok buddy. be at peace, you cranky boy

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular
    revelations supports
    nc654d7ywta0.jpg

SEVERA

• Options
    yeah I finally finished conquest on normal/classic and.... I think I actually just want to play it again on lunatic/casual to try that out, and just read the plot of revelations/birthright

though I thought the ending was solid and did the unthinkable
    actually made me feel for takumi

aw hey buddy it's ok buddy. be at peace, you cranky boy
    I... I... how

Not that I'm against anyone feeling for Takumi but generally he's disliked because of everything that goes down in Conquest, especially the inconsistent part mentioned in your spoiler.

• Options
    ZenyatooZenyatoo Registered User regular
    As someone who is still sort of chugging away at conquest lunatic casual (Stupid real life shit getting in the way) I recommend it.

The map designs are usually pretty good (and Lunatic adds some changes to several maps that make you re-think how you're doing them)
    It's also the first time i've really felt like "Oh shit I absolutely do have to use Tonics here." Which makes for interesting play. Also I feel like im burning through my freeze/entrap/hex stave uses a lot more than I did on any other playthrough. I dont know how I would have done the Ice village without that freeze. Forrests paralogue is also made about a gazillion times easier with an entrap stave.

• Options
    my favorite change in lunatic is chapter 12. you probably won't even notice it until you are halfway through and it's a big change

• Options
    ZenyatooZenyatoo Registered User regular
    Jars wrote: »
    my favorite change in lunatic is chapter 12. you probably won't even notice it until you are halfway through and it's a big change

Yeah, I definitely went into that map with a plan that got changed as soon as saizo went down. I just sort of stared at my DS going. "Where is the... Oh. OH. Shit."

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    All concerns with plot or characters aside, boy howdy, Conquest is a really good Fire Emblem just on a mechanical evel

If we're talking purely mechanics it might be my favorite one.

Though 7 still has a special place in my heart for exposing me to the series.

• Options
    Ah, the next part of the Heirs DLC is out in North America! Gonna give that a play this evening. :D

signature.png
  • Options
    Caeldori's paralogue today. I realized i had to abandon the northern part of the map to possibly have everyone survive, so an evacuation was in order.

Got Kaze/Corrin relationship up sufficiently just in time. On to chapter 15!

This discussion has been closed.