As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Art Tablet Assistance?

DankestFiberDankestFiber Registered User regular
Hey, I'm Dankest. I recently purchased a Parblo a610, and draw using Manga Studio 5. For some reason changing the pressure i apply to the tablet will not change the thickness of my lines. I have tried updated and fresh drivers, as well as uninstalling and reinstalling MS5. Has anyone had this problem? Or any good ideas what I could try?

-Dankest

• Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    hey Dankest

I've only ever used Wacom tablets, but I've had this exact same problem with every tablet I've ever had and every program I've ever used one in

what I do is close out of my drawing program, go to wherever my tablet preferences are and delete ALL PREFERENCES. Then I open MS5/Photoshop/PTS/whatever and - voila, working tablet

if that doesn't work, I clear all preferences again and reboot

a few times I've had it happen where nothing works and then suddenly BOOM tablet works after a few days for no discernible reason

hardware is temperamental - I have to do this process every time I switch programs

hope that helps though!

Blameless Cleric on
    Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options
    DankestFiberDankestFiber Registered User regular
    Thank you Blameless, I thought it might be conflicting program/driver but hearing that its a common problem with drawing tablets in general, leads me to believe your solution will work for me too. Or it should lol.

• Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    Let me know! :D

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    I've had the same issues with my Yiynova (cintiq knock off)

It's pretty common. I've got a voodoo ritual where I restart photoshop, and if that doesn't work I put the settings back to default then re-configure them, etc.

They're all wonky.

are YOU on the beer list?