Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Roleplaying Games] New Year, New Dungeons, Same Ol' Bane

1888990919294»

• Mostlyjoe13Mostlyjoe13 Evil, Evil, Jump for joy! Registered User regular
    PSN ID - Mostlyjoe Steam ID -mostlyjoe
  • NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    Thanks, @DevoutlyApathetic
    Doing a cursory glance over Sixth World, it seems right up my alley. There's just enough stuff to feed that ''shopping kart craze'' but it seems pared down enough that you have distinct characters and distinct actions that are quick to look up and perform.

notoriusben_zpsa205e831.png
    Steam NotoriusBEN
    Uplay notoriusben
  • Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny A Storyteller Registered User regular
    So, if I were to try and organize a Roll20 Shadowrun game with rotating GM's would that be of interest to anyone?

Also are there any like, specific, bounty hunter games? There's a lot of games that could run bounty hunting stuff but nothing specifically aimed at it. Preferably sci-fi.

dJOrVG2.png
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Look out, here I come! Registered User regular
    I know it's not specifically aimed at it, but Edge of the Empire has a Bounty Hunter class and with the recently-released book for the class, has enough different flavors that an all-bounty hunter group would be perfectly viable. EotE is already about living on the fringes and the Bounty Hunter book has lots of info about developing all sorts of things for a campaign with a focus on bounty hunting. The Hired Gun class book might also be worth looking at, as it has stuff about mercenary companies and the sorts of campaigns that sci-fi independent contractors might get up to, which has enough thematic similarity to be applicable to running a bounty hunter game.

playingalonesig.jpg
    Gamertag: PrimusD | Rock Band DLC | GW:OttW - arrcd | WLD - Thortar
    jdarksunFuselage
  • Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny A Storyteller Registered User regular
    Yeah, Star Wars isn't quite the tone or mechanics I was looking for.

Was more curious for ones that systemize the genre specifically.

dJOrVG2.png
  • ArdentArdent Skyline Ranger UndergroundRegistered User regular
    Dogs in the Vineyard is sort of a bounty hunter game? It's more like Pony Express/Judge/Executioner though.

Steam ID | Origin ID: ArdentX | Uplay ID: theardent | Battle.net: Ardent#11476
    Join us on Discord for RPGs
    Joshmvii
  • admanbadmanb the bored genie Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I always describe Dogs in the Vineyard as Mormon Paladins in the Old West, as it's pretty explicitly intended to approach the Paladin Problem from D&D. Which is not very bounty-huntery.

I got to play Fiasco today and that game is still hella fun.

DevoutlyApatheticOptimusZedMatev
  • Wolf of DresdenWolf of Dresden Registered User regular
    So, if I were to try and organize a Roll20 Shadowrun game with rotating GM's would that be of interest to anyone?

Also are there any like, specific, bounty hunter games? There's a lot of games that could run bounty hunting stuff but nothing specifically aimed at it. Preferably sci-fi.

Bounty Bebop and Myrmidon's old Manhunter RPG both put on a veneer of being BH-focused sci-fi games but neither digs deep into meta/narrative elements if that is what you are really looking for.

I found this little thing to help grok Dungeon World and what's expected of players and GMs.
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3269630/dwdotcom/eon-guide/Dungeon World Guide pdf version 1.2.pdf

I'm grinning ear to ear now for Sixth World. This could turn the plodding pudding pace of shadowrun into Cowboy Bebop or Stand Alone Complex levels of pace.

Work takes up a lot of my time since I drive everywhere, but I'm gonna want to try and get a Shadowrun of this up at some point.

Steam NotoriusBEN
    Uplay notoriusben
    Got my shadowrun books out of the storage unit.
    Probably the most complete 4th ed outside of the local flgs.

Gonna do inventory and see whether I want to start out at current date with the Boston lockdown and the issues in London or default to the tempo craze back in '74 since I'm most comfortable with what was happening then.

Steam NotoriusBEN
    Uplay notoriusben